[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is TES 6 going to be worse than Fallout 4?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 148
Thread images: 18
File: g.jpg (405 KB, 1543x1080) Image search: [Google]
g.jpg
405 KB, 1543x1080
Is TES 6 going to be worse than Fallout 4?
>>
>>321729402
You'd better believe it.
>>
>>321729402
I've got a hunch that if Bethesda doesn't take the criticism they've gotten on Fallout 4 and The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and use that to improve they won't be doing business much longer. If they do improve then chances are they could pretty easily make a GOTY with The Elder Scrolls VI, but given how foolish the people in charge have become I don't have very high hopes for that. Granted, I still love Fallout 4 and The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is one of my all-time favorite video games, but even a fan like myself thinks that they really need to change the formula and improve overall, instead of trying to make The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind a sixth time while also selling out to the mainstream audience. It can't be done, but they can improve and make an even better game if they just listen to the criticism and use that as a guideline to get better.
>>
>>321729402
Even MORE streamlining.

How is that fucking possible?
HOW? Jesus fucking christo.
>>
>>321729978
I agree, but I still think that Fallout 4 sold extremely well. It's also pretty mainstream. My dad even asked me about it, and I'm in my twenties.

I agree with you though, they need to do something drastically different to get me to buy their next game. I preordered fallout 4 and put about 15 hours in and completely regret it. For the reference I played like 200ish hours of New Vegas and 100ish of Fallout. No interest in playing more than the initial 15 I put into it.
>>
>make it more casual
>increase marketing budget
>rinse and repeat
>>
>>321729978
These ships take decades to fully sink. FFXIII killed Square and Final Fantasy but its corpse is still shambling along, unaware the head's gone.
>>
>>321729402
Where does the first game take place?
>>
>>321729978
No, their games keep printing money. They'll prolly go on to become the next ubisoft, churning out mediocre rehashes in increasingly short windows until they either reinvent themselves or something.
>>
>>321729402
>has F4 levels of stagger
>even more obvious end dungeon chests
>>
>>321729402
Judging by their dumbing down trends, of course it would be. Valenwood would just be a generic forest with generic fantasy houses. Argonia will just have friendly swamp that are barely swamp with european houses. And Hammerfall will somehow look like cyrodil.
>>
>>321729978
Normies love Fallout 4
>>
>>321729402
More than likely
>>
>>321730226
8 perks per skill. Choose on of two every 25 skill points. Health, Magicka, and Stamina scale automatically.

Speechcraft is phased out. Lockpicking is no longer skill-dependent, just a minigame.

Dialogue system a la Fo4.
>>
What more RPG elements can they strip from it?
Single skill upgrade? No more choosing your race, forced into a set story? No more leveling up?
>>
>>321730440
All of it. But it wasn't a huge open world; it was instanced areas, one representing each section of Tamriel.
>>
>>321729402
This needs to be updated with the Dragonborn DLC.

Ideally VI should take place across both Valenwood and Elsweyr. Together they're the same size as Skyrim, so they could focus on densely packing both areas with content unique to that area. The change in landscape would make for a cool game.

But yes OP, the game will suck. I'm way too optimistic. I don't think it'll suck more than Fallout 4 because it won't have a completely tacked-on, poorly-implemented story about muh family.
>>
>>321729402
Calling it now. It will be Hammerfell. The media will eat that shit up just by the fact that the NPCs will mostly be black.
>>
>>321729402
What's the rest of Morrowind supposed to be like?
>>
>>321729402
Maybe. Hopefully not winning any awards this year will be something of a wake up call, if not we might get something like >>321730627
>>
>>321731016
Well as of Skyrim it belongs to the Argonians.

So, very lizardy.
>>
>>321730840
>they already have the cat model for that one kind of Kahjiit.
>>
>>321730440
the entire landmass
>>
>>321731185
How the hell did argonians conquer morrowind?

And I agree with much in this thread, they need to stop making these games so linear and simple
>>
File: alahakbar.jpg (69 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
alahakbar.jpg
69 KB, 640x480
>>321729402

I doubt it. I hope that fallout4 being halfassed is evidence that they are putting all the talent behind elder scrolls6
>>
>>321730969

I've been saying this for years.
>>
>>321730294
I just think that they shouldn't ignore the criticism just because a lot of people give them a free pass. Sure, I've put 1,019 hours into The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and 202 hours into Fallout 4, and while I think they are great games they are pretty flawed. Bethesda needs to upgrade their engine, given that they've been using the same one since The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, and they need to not only patch bugs before release but also work on the UI so it's not an eldritch atrocity and not gut features or dialogue for the sake of not making the game too complicated for the mainstream to get or understand. People do like complex games, as witnessed by League of Legends and Dota 2 being the most-played video games on PC, and personally I loved how complex The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind was. I easily put around 2,000 hours into that before the discs broke and I could no longer install it, and while mods can add that complexity back in it shouldn't be up to the modders to do what Bethesda either cannot or just plain refuses to do. Furthermore, they really should ease up with their tropes of the protagonist being a prisoner of some kind who ends up becoming the very center of the world in the Elder Scrolls games, and perhaps consider making the decisions you make ingame actually have an affect on the world itself as to not repeat the same problem a lot of open world games have of the things you do in the wide open theme park of a game not mattering at all. Also I put 50 hours into Fallout 3, 80 hours into Fallout: New Vegas, and 60 hours into The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. They didn't catch my attention in the same way that Morrowind, Skyrim and Fallout 4 have, and Oblivion in particular was quite possibly one of the worst things to come out of Bethesda Softworks, or at least in my opinion.
>>
Hopefully they learned their lesson with fallout 4 that their dialogue wheel is cancer that ruins games
>>
>>321730226
One attribute: Level
Weapon Types: Sword, Bow
Skills: Swordsmanship, Bowmanship, Magic
Magical Schools: Destruction, Restoration
Cities: One "really big one that's like super detailed" - Todd Howard
Title: The Elder Scrolls: Chim
Plot: A massive daedric plague has killed off all of the wildlife of Tamriel, and also has altered the plant ecology. Temperate forestlands now cover the entire continent. The only living that remains is all of humanoid life and lots and lots of undead. As the super chim man, you have to discover the super secret powers of chim of tamriel. Also the dwarves come back (Todd Howard - Lead Writer), disproving your shitty fan lore theories, and there will be a DLC expansion going to Akavir because it's not like the entire point of Akavir is that it's a bit of a mystery.
Also, your race and face are locked as a Bosmer.
You get the incredible experience of roleplaying as a Bosmer who was raped by his father, and you've been divorced twice, and your backstory is locked as a failed merchant who sold himself into indentured servitude and eventually got arrested because lol you have to wake up while being incarcerated and you have to go out into the Tamrielic wilderness to find him as he is working to try to end the great plague.

That'll be $90 please.
Preorder now, and you get the opportunity to preorder the first of three season passes for $65.
>>
File: 1416829730237.gif (441 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
1416829730237.gif
441 KB, 540x540
>>321729402
I love how we're deciding whether the game will be good or bad like two years before they even let us know that it's being under development, and how we're porobably going to be right because we're talking about bethesda
>>
>>321731185

No. Bethesda themselves have said the Argonians haven't conquered anything other than a few border towns they still control. They went north half of the way through Morrowind and came back.
>>
>>321731346
fallout 4 wasn't half assed, it's just that all of its resources were put in quantity over quality
>>
>>321729978
>instead of trying to make The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind a sixth time
You mean Oblivion. If they were churning out Morrowinds, we'd have good cRPGs with deep stories and unique settings.
>>
>>321730969
>muh sjw bogeymane
It's going to be Hammerfell because "Skyrim with sand instead of snow" is the easiest for Bethesda to both market and create
>>
File: doctor 10 sad reaction.gif (202 KB, 500x275) Image search: [Google]
doctor 10 sad reaction.gif
202 KB, 500x275
>>321730540
>tfw Bethesda have gone full normie and there's no going back
>>
>TES 6
>We found that many users found fighting to be too difficult so we implemented a press-to-win button
>Additionally we streamlined the magic system to be simply fireballs and only fireballs
>>
>>321731306
>How the hell did argonians conquer morrowind?

They talk about it in Skyrim, and it's one of the things I actually really like. When the Oblivion Gates started popping up in Black Marsh the Argonians zerg-rushed them like a bunch of badasses, to the point where they actively started invading Oblivion, forcing the Daedra to retreat.

They were feeling bold so they decided to lash out against Morrowind and expand, but like >>321731472 said they didn't get that far.
>>
>>321731185
>>321731472
>>321731652
Remind me, was that dunmer town in the dragonborn DLC there because of the Argonians? Or a volcano or something? it's been a while
>>
>>321731652
>When the Oblivion Gates started popping up in Black Marsh the Argonians zerg-rushed them like a bunch of badasses, to the point where they actively started invading Oblivion, forcing the Daedra to retreat.
Super shitty propaganda.
>>
>>321731832
Solstheim was part of Skyrim but given to the Dunmer after they got fucked up by the Argonians and their volcano exploding.

>>321731889
Hey, that's what happened, man.
>>
>>321731476
And still the game feels short as hell
>>
>>321731494
Morrowind has all the fundamental gameplay components for the style of open world game that bethesda has been making since. If you think morrowind is significantly dissimilar to the fallout and elder scrolls games which have come after it, just because it does certain things better than the other games, it suggests to me that you don't play enough non-bethesda games.
>>
>>321731832
Vvardenfell turned to shit. Red Mountain erupted, Vivec was destroyed by the Ministry of Truth's asteroid base, Nerevar disappeared, the Argonians invaded. All of this caused people on Vvardenfell to migrate to Solstheim.
>>
>>321731889
>Race is seen by Morrowhiners as le ebin slavescum race when they're actually more than that
>race actually does something significant and has a victory over the Dunmer shitters and the Daedra
>"f-fucking p-propaganda..."

wew lad.
>>
>>321732023
>Hey, that's what happened, man.

whatever helps you sleep at night, sapsucker
>>
>>321732142
Then explain why the Daedra fucked off from Black Marsh before Mehrunes Dagon was even defeated, faggot. They didn't leave anywhere else.
>>
>>321732141
>race actually does something significant and has a victory over the Dunmer shitters and the Daedra

yeah it was so significant that even if it did happen (and it didn't) it wouldn't have had any difference on the outcome of the oblivion crisis
>>
File: 1413526603951.jpg (268 KB, 1600x1084) Image search: [Google]
1413526603951.jpg
268 KB, 1600x1084
>>321732291
>being in denial over the plot of a fictional fantasy story
wow lad
>>
>>321732286
>ES6
>Enter Oblivion because ayylmao
>Argonians everywhere
>>
>>321732375
>my scaley race is so cool
>i don't care that they've been living in poop since the dawn of time, they were totally cool in this one instance that nobody actually witnessed
>that misguided and tyrannical regime who loves to brag about that one instance where my race allegedly doesn't fucking suck is totally telling the truth
>>
>>321732584
ignored and filtered
>>
>you will never play the travels series ;-;
>>
File: If Bethesda Did The Divide.png (77 KB, 1111x344) Image search: [Google]
If Bethesda Did The Divide.png
77 KB, 1111x344
>>321730636
>stealth
>combat
>magic

>health
>magic
>unlimited stamina

>can only play as imperials or high elves
>your race determines if you'll fight in the imperial military or the aldmeri dominion
>>
Fingers crossed for Elsweyr.

>comfy deserts
>cute cat people

What's not to like?
>>
At least there won't be people crying because
>Bethesda logo!? That's not part of the lore!
>>
>>321733335
furfag GO HOME
and while I'm at it, deserts make the worst RPG settings. I can't stand the color beige.
>>
>>321732061
Although it did lay down much of the structure for future Bethesda games becoming shit, everything after starting with Oblivion showed a marked decline in the aspects that made the series an RPG.

The simplification of levelling, skills, narrative, items, etc. started with Oblivion. For example, Morrowind had the following weapon types: short blade, long blade, axes, blunt weapons, spear, hand-to-hand, and marksman, which could be further divided into thrown, crossbows, and bows. Oblivion had the following: blade, blunt, hand-to-hand, and marksman, which had only bows. Oblivion also removed several effects, such as chameleon, invisibility, water-walking, mark/recall, and jump.

Oblivion also introduced level scaling, which turned all monsters at higher levels into beefcakes, notably different from Morrowind, which was intended to be more like D&D in that being high levelled means that you are stronger than everything. Even items are scaled starting with Oblivion.

For me, Oblivion was the signal for decline for modern Bethesda games, not Morrowind. The story was mediocrity, they disregarded the lore, they forced a generic fantasy setting, the quests were mostly lackluster. Although I can see that Morrowind set Oblivion up, I cannot agree in saying that Morrowind started the downward trend; they could have easily made Oblivion a complex and thought-invoking game, but they didn't.
>>
>>321733690
>not wanting to be a cool gypsy cat who removes elf scum and trips to the moon

faggot
>>
There's no way we'll get valenwood or elsweyr without Bethesda completely fucking up the lore.

>all the walking trees died because altmer
>transcription error on the khajit, there's only one type
>>
>>321733993
Didnt shivering isles have walking trees?
>>
Hammerfell has been constantly hinted at, not because "muh diversity" but because it will link to either the solution or advancement in the Thalmor War storyline.

To the South you'll have Jungles
To the North you have Betnihk and Bangkorai which have a Breton population
Even further to the North you have Orsimer which will most likely be an expansion.
Central is littered with endless tombs, bandit camps, caravans and nomadic tribes.

Hammerfells coastline is a trading hub so it actually makes sense to play another race then the regional.
Hammerfells coastline is also swarmed by pirates.

Not only that but Hammerfell and the Alik'r deals with alot of crime and necromancers
>>
>>321733993
>all the walking trees died because altmer
walking trees dont walk anymore because the tower stopped anon, this has been known for a while now
>>
>>321733335

You know they're going to fuck it up

Instead of seeing the dozen types of khajit all we'll get are the generic ones we've seen in previous TES games
>>
>>321734078
The walking trees he's talking about are so big that the Bosmer live in them like cities. That's a lot harder to make than the tree monsters from SI.
>>
>>321734078
Those were gnarls. Valenwood has these giant moving trees called graht-oaks that they build entire cities in.
>>
Magic is becoming shittier and shittier, even worse than the fable series
>>
File: 1274750499751.png (15 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1274750499751.png
15 KB, 400x400
>>321734275
>actually thinking Bethesda will include any of that
Hammerfell will just be Cyrodiil 2.0 but with black people.
>>
>>321734490
Will 6 just be two magic types, black magic and white magic?
>>
>>321733963
>Oblivion also removed several effects, such as chameleon, invisibility, water-walking, mark/recall, and jump.

Your post is mostly spot on, but Oblivion had Chameleon, invis and water walking.
>>
>>321729402
Why don't they show Arena on the map?
>>
>>321729402

I think it's pretty obvious that Bethesda cares more about TES then they do about Fallout.

There's a reason why Fallout 3 was know as Oblivion with guns and Fallout 4 is Skyrim with guns.
>>
>>321734638

Just two spells, Fireball and Heal
>>
>>321733963
>Oblivion also removed several effects, such as chameleon, invisibility, water-walking, mark/recall, and jump.
For the record, it still has chameleon, invisibility and water-walking
>>
Bethesda is in the business of AAA reddit-core mass appeal games.

This means the funding goes to UI, Voicing, Gfx, Mechanics and promotion.

Not the rich immersive world building of Morrowinds past.
>>
>>321734775
Water-walking only appears on one pair of boots, from the last DLC, that can't be disenchanted. I don't know where chameleon is, but I don't really care if it's gone, because it's too broken.
>>
>>321735110
water walking is an alteration spell, anon.
>>
We will see at least 5 fallout 4 DLC's.

Why? Because they need to get some time to set up their new studio.

We wont see the next elder scrolls for 4-5 years, as both their main and their new side studio will work on it.

So honestly the quality of the game is going to depend on who they hire
>>
>>321735154
Not in Skyrim it isn't. You might be thinking of water*breathing*.
>>
>>321735110

Anon, I think you're thinking of Skyrim, not Oblivion.

Actually wasn't Chamelion just invisibility/partial transparency? Skyrim has an invisibility spell.
>>
>>321734490
I couldn't believe how shitty magic was in Skyrim. And then no spellmaking either. What a huge disappointment.
>>
>>321735357

Then it's a good thing we're not talking about Skyrim.
>>
>>321735365
It was, but you could get 100% chameleon which completely broke the game.
>>
>>321735365

Chameleon was partial invisibility that didn't break whenever you performed an action.

You could abuse enchantments and give yourself permanent 100% chameleon
>>
There will be one giant city and when you walk in your see 3 NPCs,each they represent the 3 guilds arguing over something. You just pick one and you can't go back after that. After you do two quests for that guild, you are placed as the head,then you control the guild,giving out quests to NPC to gather materials to make a big base,then you and your npc guild minions take over the other two guilds. After you take out the big bases, they will be small pockets of those guilds,that you will then have to clear out, these quest are what make the game has "Infinte quests".
>>
>>321735523
Yeah, sorry, I'm following about ten threads at the moment and didn't read carefully enough.
>>
No, but it is gonna be worse than skyrim.
>>
>>321735569
that said it's really hard to get 100% and to be fair it leveled the playing field considering everything leveled with you

leveling up becomes less about how high your stats are and more about the loot you have. as much as it was hated, i found it kinda neat in a diablo esque loot-a-tgon kinda way
>>
File: 1445831119348.jpg (27 KB, 540x572) Image search: [Google]
1445831119348.jpg
27 KB, 540x572
>E3 2018
>Toddler comes out on stage
>Usual spiel about the success of F4 is dealt with
>"We loved Skyrim, but we aren't deaf to criticism."
>"In comparison to some of the earlier games in the series, it could be seen as a more familiar fantasy experience."
>"Our next project seeks to rectify that."
>an image fades in on the screen behind
>THE ELDER SCROLLS VI: LANDFALL
>Michael Kirkbride as lead writer
>>
>>321735789
Yeah, you had to use some of those stones you get when you close an Oblivion gate to pull off 100%.

The issue with level scaling was how ridiculous the world became after a while. Marauders walking around in full daedric and Bandits in full glass. Always made me chuckle.
>>
>>321736129
fuck i had such good times enchanting weapons specifically made just to nuke people

I remember for the mannimarco/mages quild questline I specifically enchanted a dagger so obscenely broken it had like 1 just so I could use it to fuck his asshole with personally.

and going into gates became like a time trial challenge to race to sigil stone for me. I wish they were "rougelike" dungeons because by endgame I had fucking memorized everysingle layout knew them like the back of my hand.
>>
>>321736683
one use*
fucking kms
>>
>>321736129
>Yeah, you had to use some of those stones you get when you close an Oblivion gate to pull off 100%.

No you don't.

Enchanting requires only being able to cast the spell and having a soul gem. You can get chameleon as a power from a stone so obtaining the spell is nothing. The most you can say is it might be difficult to acquire 5 grand soul gems which is what will be needed for 100%. If you don't have the tower DLC you also have to get access to the university.
>>
>>321729402
It will be even less of an rpg than Fallout 4 according to the path we're going.
>>
>>321736828
no
it wasn't that easy friendo
>>
>>321736683
I trained Illusion just so I could cast invis and breeze through the gates. Fuck Mehrunes' realm.

>>321736828
Yeah I just checked and you're right. I was probably thinking of spell reflect or some other broken effect.
>>
real talk who glitched the grey aegis into their save from the arena???

100% magic resist was the fucking bomb
>>
>>321736989
oblivion gates really should've been randomized dungeon crawls
>>
>>321733690
I'd think it's a win/win for both haters of beast races and fans of Khajiit and Elsweyr. Fans like me get what the the setting they want and the people who hate Khajiits can live out their inner Pelinel and go on a province wide massacre.
>>
>>321737259
>unkillable npcs
don't do this to me anon
>>
>>321736121
>THE ELDER SCROLLS VI: LANDFALL
That'd be awful.
>>
I doubt it

Fallout has pretty much been relegated to filler for the elder scrolls by Bethesda.

All of their games are shit, but Fallout especially is terrible.

Fallout 3 was worst than Oblivion, 4 was worst than Skyrim
>>
>>321737197
They really dropped the ball with a lot of things in Oblivion. It still upsets me that Kvatch is never rebuilt.
>>
File: 1420532318503.jpg (44 KB, 329x399) Image search: [Google]
1420532318503.jpg
44 KB, 329x399
>>321737421
>>
>>321737441
to be fair, there's hardly a town left to rebuild it. that and it'd take a long ass time to actually rebuild the town.
>>
>>321737525
A W F U L L
>>
>>321737650
It could've been a decent quest plus alteration magic probably makes construction easier in Nirn. But I guess they were too busy designing all those interesting oblivion planes.
>>
File: 1441583751288.jpg (49 KB, 600x657) Image search: [Google]
1441583751288.jpg
49 KB, 600x657
>>321736121
>SWAT raids Bethesda's room at E3
>Copious amounts of hallucinogenic drugs found in Michael Kirkbride's bags
>Todd yells "whose laughing now?" as Michael Kirkbride is dragged away
>>
FO4 is a cautionary tale about RPG evolution, or rather devolution due to the mistake of pandering to the lowest denominator.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNnpxrZtzy0
>>
>>321737650
You'd be surprised. They say it took 50 years for the rebuilding of London after the great fire, but that is including all the huge works and places like St Paul's.

It only took 4 years for 6000 houses to be constructed under the new design for London. Considering Kvatch housed nowhere near the population of London, a few years would've been plenty of time.
>>
>>321737912
im more frustrated about the gates then kvatch. the gates could have been greatest thing about the game, kvatch was really just a set piece for introducing the them. it didn't need to be rebuilt, it was fine as a smouldering heap.
>>
>>321738124
Not to mention they have magic. I mean some guy shouted away a jungle, rebuilding a town is nothing.
>>
>>321738312
as far as jungle shouting powers go, they weren't present in the game. so the most they could do is hire the mages guild to magic away the rubble, you'd still need actual builders to build though.
>>
>>321738267
Oh yeah, the gates are definitely the worst part for me. I don't understand how someone didn't notice how fucking repetitive and boring they were at some point during playtesting.
>>
>>321738312
Only two people (technically 4, but 3 of them were the same person) have the power to reshape the world like what you described, but the mages guild shitters would probably be the ones clearing rubble.
>>
>>321738727
Feather, just cast feather on everything and carry away.
>>
>>321729402

yep

/thread
>>
File: A-moor-from-Aswan-Egypt.jpg (38 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
A-moor-from-Aswan-Egypt.jpg
38 KB, 500x500
How butt flustered will this website be if the next country is Hammerfell?
>>
TESVI will be where all the experimentation they've done with both franchises either finally really pays off, or reaches a peak of franchise-killing stupidity. it depends entirely on how big they are finally willing to go, IF THEY CAN FINALLY FUCKING DROP GAMEBRYO OR NOT, and also to a lesser degree how VR gaming develops and affects their design philosophy (to what degree things have to change to accommodate VR).
>>
>>321739370
>IF THEY CAN FINALLY FUCKING DROP GAMEBRYO OR NOT

When will you people get it through your heads the issue is not Gamebryo but Bethesda's devs?

I've played plenty of games using the Gamebryo engine, none of them have issues to anywhere close to the same degree that Bethesda's games do. Bethesda could be using the greatest idiot-proof game engine in the world and they'd still manage to make a buggy piece of shit.
>>
The sex mods for skyrim were the best I've played in my entire life.

Bethesda better not fuck this up.
>>
>>321729402
>Is TES 6 going to be worse than Fallout 4?

If Bethesda doesnt make a new engine for their next game I am afraid I am going to have to take drastic measures, and not preorder the collectors edition. I am being deadly serious here, I'd do it. I'd be sad for doing it, but if it has to be done, I'll make that sacrifice. They cant keep getting away with it.
>>
File: bait.gif (3 MB, 385x314) Image search: [Google]
bait.gif
3 MB, 385x314
>>321731362
>people like complex games, like League and Dota
>>
>>321740416
LoL and DOTA2 are mathematically provable to be more complex than most games. There is simply more going on, more chaining and combinations, more statuses and values to follow, leading to higher complexity.
>>
File: 1443037478003.jpg (135 KB, 897x890) Image search: [Google]
1443037478003.jpg
135 KB, 897x890
>>321740416
/d2g/ here

Carries hit creeps and then heroes. Support be a little cuckold and pull the creep camps into the lane. Mid's only job is not to lose mid.

There. That's dota.
>>
>>321739368
Redguards are pretty cool guys.
They've got that weeaboo fightan magick and those Alberto Barbosa hats.
>>
>>321731629
Normies are more lucrative than a bunch of neckbeards who pirate diceroll games

it was expected
>>
>>321737525
Who is this le wordy bald man?
>>
>>321735436

>Skyrim had shitty magic

I have not played morrowind, the magic in oblavion was horrendous. spell making was retarded, you could make the bad ass powerful lightning spell and it was pointless, it would have to be a lightning spell that also poisoned and healed you a little.

The magic in skyrim was OP as fuck, being a spell caster actually made me feel powerful. I would like more options to it but please keep tiedye spell making far fucking away from Elderscrolls.
>>
>>321741007

and Pos 3 cores?
>>
>>321730540
this

kiddies want survival/crafting and got parents to buy the games for them. normies follow whatever is in style for the month.

either way you got a group that pays more and offers less criticism
>>
>>321735436
>I couldn't believe how shitty magic was in Skyrim
To be honest, magic in morrowind and oblivion is pretty shit too.

At the risk of getting blasted, Morrowind is forgiven because the spells you can use and/or craft are fucking insane
>>
>>321729402
TES 6 is going to be set in Elsweyr and it'll be amazing while avoiding being fur-faggy.

I hope
>>
>>321741559
>The magic in skyrim was OP as fuck
what?
it was the weakest combat option in the game

even with 100% magicka cost reduction for constant it was underpowered compared to any other attacking method
>>
File: 1448415114892.jpg (30 KB, 403x312) Image search: [Google]
1448415114892.jpg
30 KB, 403x312
>>321740906
>LoL and DOTA2 are mathematically provable to be more complex than most games.
They are still trash

If I find out my shit in the toilet is in the shape of a torus knot, you'd assume it's great because it's complex, but no. It is still something i've defecated.

fuck you and your fedora
>>
>>321741559
>The magic in skyrim was OP as fuck
For NPCs if you played in higher difficulties, sure.

But for the player ?
You're better off bending over like the little faggot your are
>>
>>321742205
Typical high quality /v/ argument.
>>
>>321732584
Argoinians are nothing but toys of the Hist. There's only one Hist left and it's trying to defend itself against destruction. Hists themselves are trans-dimensional beings, who are the only ones as old and ever-being as Sithis.

If they could play with less mud-stomping race they would. They have argonians though so they use them instead.
>>
>>321741804
Magic for combat (except for conjuration) sucks in general for Morrowind and Oblivion assuming you're not using mods. Destruction is just outclassed by just about anything else. But you're right about Morrowind, constant levitation helps people get over that easily.
>>
File: outrageous.jpg (93 KB, 740x539) Image search: [Google]
outrageous.jpg
93 KB, 740x539
>>321742205
>>321740416
League player here, it's a complex game that's only easy because everyone else sucks as bad at it as you do, including people who play it for a living.

The reason League sucks is because its playerbase is primarily twelve year olds and it's balanced based on what those twelve year olds like to play. The nature of the game is very team based and most of the time you're playing with random strangers, which can be frustrating as fuck.

It's a good idea for a game, just not executed very well.

Also on /v/ how good a game is is inversely proportional to how popular and successful it is, making league about the shittiest game in existence.
>>
>>321742817
>It's a good idea for a game, just not executed very well.
People may say it's not important, but I think this game has the most uninspired patchwork random and generic lore ever

It's just a bunch of characters that would literally all be perfect protags in respective games and artworks that got crammed in a single unrelated game and forced in an unlogical lore binding them all.

Even the chinese bootlegs with shrek, the power rangers, pokemons and Cloud Strife make as much sense.
>>
>>321732380
Underrated post.
>>
>>321743009
I think the reason for that is because the game itself started as a bootleg of dota.
>>
>>321729402
I am at the point with Beth where I enjoy their games, but they are always broken fucking messes from the get go that I will pay them $60 for a case that on the inside has a slip that says "The money you spent will go towards a new Bethesda engine from the ground up"

Also fucking fire that one Fallout 4 writer. I think Todd is a good director so he should keep doing it
>>
File: waw.jpg (131 KB, 1260x955) Image search: [Google]
waw.jpg
131 KB, 1260x955
>>321742658
>levitation helps people get over that
It helps you get over a lot of things, that's the idea
>>
>>321731889
you literally invade oblivion alone throughout the titular game to progress the main story; you do it innumerable times. at one point you even take a (very small) army in with you. is it so improbable that someone else did it as well?
>>
>>321739368
I think the main issue is that it will be mostly sand.

Finally I can live my life as a Bedouin brigand.
>>
Akavir when?
>>
>>321732584
>dunmer shitter mad because based argonians utterly buttraped his species in recent years
Thread replies: 148
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.