[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ey /v I got MGSV a few days ago been playing for 16 hours Why
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: age_bg_tpp.jpg (277 KB, 1400x764) Image search: [Google]
age_bg_tpp.jpg
277 KB, 1400x764
Ey /v I got MGSV a few days ago been playing for 16 hours

Why do you hate this game so much?
>>
File: Metal Gear.png (2 MB, 2998x768) Image search: [Google]
Metal Gear.png
2 MB, 2998x768
It's an excellent game and the second best MGS game. The only fags that dislike it were the ones that were expecting the literal second coming of Jesus Christ and merely got disappointed they got an excellent game.
>>
Most people hate the ending. The rest haven't even played it and it's the usual "i hate what's popular"
>>
>>321518154
Well, your progression in the game is where the story still has potential to go somewhere and for you to expect new levels and the gameplay and missions feel relatively fresh. We'll see you again in 30h when you've finished the main story and feel empty inside.

Merry Christmas
>>321518771
there have been hundreds of MGSV threads after release that have clearly stated over and over why they don't like the game. It's not just "Buhu I didn't like the ending", stop simplifying everything.
>>
File: 1443564009703.jpg (217 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1443564009703.jpg
217 KB, 1920x1080
>>321518771
>and it's the usual "i hate what's popular"
>>
Its extremely repetitive and easy bullshit.

The boss fights are the worst in the series, consisting of exhausting ammo and calling in supply drops. You can get an S rank with this method too.
>>
>>321518771
The game barely had an ending you just randomly get the last mission and the credits roll for the 5th time since the game was started. I disliked the story in its entirety.

Amoung my friends, the ones who couldn't find a problem with the game were all people who owned a 360 last gen and never played MGS4 or PW.
>>
>>321518154
tell us why you like it, we will then debate the points.
>>
>Haven't played in about a month and a half or so
>Log in last night
>Expect to see all of my units gone
>New tutorial, something like challenges
>Basically bonuses for doing shit in the game
>Marking targets, tactical takedowns, headshots, fultons, sideops completed, missions fully cleared, missions cleared with A/S ranks, outposts and bases captured, etc.
>Rewards are anything from a couple hundred resources to several thousand resources, GMP from a couple thousand to a half million, vehicles and tanks/walkers, even S rank soldiers
>Go through the list, takes me 10 minutes to blindly accept everything
>Fully maxed out on GMP, still have 3 or 4 million that I can't claim due to being maxed out
>Enough resources, fuel especially, to go and upgrade my FOB
>Got enough resources and GMP out of it to put my last 3 platforms from 3/4 to 4/4 at the same time

Not bad, would have been nice if they had done it from the beginning, but it was nice getting a little lump sum.
>>
>>321518771
Why?
I understand hating the fact that it's unfinished and there's no build-up to the ending, but fuck, 80% of the discussion about MGSV was Venom's identity.
>>
>>321519490
That's an ending, what lacks is buildup, but there is an ending.
>>
>>321519728
Oh so that's new, I thought game had that from release, so that new players would get R&D levels faster.
>>
>>321518154
Hipster undertale-faggots
>>
>>321519173

There's nothing repetitive or easy about the rest of the game but I agree that the bosses are mostly shite. It's the same thing they did in peace walker. Just keep pumping ammo into these bullet sponges and calling for supplies when you run out. It's the reason I dropped PW, I have no idea why people on /v/ even like that game. Thankfully there's not nearly as many of them here though, but they are painful when you do have to do them. The ending to quiet's story in particular was godawful. It was just so long and the tanks took so much damage and you have to call in supplies like 20 times. Jesus that was bad.
>>
>>321518576
>the literal second coming of Jesus Christ

it's not our fault tbqh

it's like seeing the stairways of heaven come down from the sky, hearing trumpets roaring across the horizon, with literal angels flying around, only realizing after a few minutes later it was fucking nothing and all i got was free pizza day which is kinda great i guess
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.