[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is it so hard to balance study time with vidya time? I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 114
Thread images: 15
File: adjNn7B_700b_v1.jpg (45 KB, 700x449) Image search: [Google]
adjNn7B_700b_v1.jpg
45 KB, 700x449
Why is it so hard to balance study time with vidya time? I'm already two years behind my peers because of vidya addiction.
>>
Because you have no willpower, you weakling.
You're hurting yourself by excessively playing vidya and you don't have the willpower to stop that.
>>
>>321511514
I was great at it
>>
>>321511514
You either

A. Are a general apathetic individual to begin with and drastic change strikes you as too much of an effort to be worth while

B. Suffer from paralysis by analysis and overanalyze situations/what you need to do for school to the extent it causes you anxiety and you use vidya to destress.

C. Aren't interested enough in the subject matter you are studying/preparing for/getting a degree in, and alternatively you are interested in vidya

or

D. Lack the proper motivation/willpower and are more content with making excuses that you will study more tomorrow, or in a few hours, or this weekend instead of accomplishing your work after you drive home from lecture and then spending the rest of your free time doing what you like.

So, pick A, B, C, or D and then we can work from there on how to help you.

Also, nice blog.
>>
>>321511514
>9gag
>>
>>321511670
so was your mom
>>
>equally prioritising studying with fucking video games
jesus christ cunt get your shit sorted out
>>
>>321512056
How would you prioritize them?
>>
File: 1433693826234.gif (100 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1433693826234.gif
100 KB, 200x200
>>321511928
>tfw i am all of these
>>
>want to study art
>school doesn't teach you anything worth shit of art
>want to learn music
>music class at school was so fucking retarded and unrelated i lose all interest in learning music
>>
>>321511670
Yeah im sure you are good at blowing flutes
>>
you should have tried that 10 years ago when gaming wasn't absolute shit

nowadays what the fuck do you play that keeps you from doing anything else?
>>
>>321512169
he can still play old games you dip, just because (you think) gaming is shit now doesn't make old games magically disappear.
>>
>>321511514
playing music makes you smarter, fact
>>
Ha! Well let me tell you something. I am a 19 year old med student in Russia. I play vidya 8 hours a day and learn aroubd 30 minutes and guess what? I passed all the exams! It is because I am a descendant of Ivan the great and eat lots of bread that keeps me strong and going everyday.
My life is healthx and my sex life is even healthier. If you can't get vidya and school sorted out you are a failure of a human beibng you pidr. I may have a little penis but it do big cums I am on my way to become a doctor and pirate the newest games while you spend your time on 4chan complaining. Ha!
>>
>>321512267
Not a single scientific article supports that myth.
>>
>>321511514
I thought music consisted of the shit they taught & whatever my mom listened to on the radio until I was like 13. Fuck you Kasey Kasem & fuck you Sound of Music
>>
File: its not too humerous.jpg (155 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
its not too humerous.jpg
155 KB, 720x480
>>321511514
it teach you how to suck dick for living
>>
>>321511514
The point of compulsory music was to give the kids who didn't have access to that stuff at home a chance at kindling a passion for it.

It's like fucking random languages you learned. Learning those a younger age helps your brain develop you can more easily learn them later in life.
>>
>>321511514
It was an introduction to music, since they are relatively cheap to replace and maintain.
>>
>>321512410
so like your mom?
>>
>>321512318
neither scientific article doesn't support it
>>
>>321512135
Well, fuck man. You basically need to do a complete 180 with your personality and lifestyle if you want to start moving forward with your life.

My father always told me "Life isn't a sprint it is a marathon."

Pink Floyd told me "No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun."

My point is that both are true to an extent, your life is salvageable if you genuinely want to change but you do have to acknowledge you may never be able to achieve what others who put their nose to the grindstone from day one were able to.
>>
>>321512137
What did you expect? You can't teach creativity. They're there to teach you the fundamentals.
>>
>>321512559
>burden of proof
>>
Fuck me anon, education isn't hard. I'm in my last year at uni and spent most of my past 3 and a half years playing games and doing uni stuff at the last minute and have still got better results than 95% of my class.

Education is custom built for students to pass exams, rather than to actually learn anything about your course of choice.

Try harder OP.
>>
File: 1450818700945.png (891 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1450818700945.png
891 KB, 1280x720
>>321511514
Sometimes you wont have time to play vidya, even on weekends.
>>
Wish my school did that. Never touched a musical instrument until my late 20's. I might have had an interest in music much earlier if they fostered such a program. At least they had art classes.
>>
>>321512050
OH
SHIIIIIIIIT
>>
>>321512838
What kind of major were you going into that you could cram for exams and wasn't lab/project based?
>>
>>321513226
At least you dedicated yourself to play an instrument. You're far better than those people who mope and bitch about "oh my god i don't have the time to do anything, i regret not doing the things i wish i had done when i was young, oh my goooood".
>>
>>321513302

Finance. Barely any projects but exams were a case of doing all nighters for revision the night before.
>>
> Did Fuck-all in college but enough to get by for a decent job
> Spent most of college free-time getting shit-faced with friends who bitches at me whenever I studied
> Now in mid-twenties with powerful desire to do art/photography/music/language pet projects
> Could have done all this shit and joined clubs and stuff in college
> instead spent that time getting drunk with regards who now shun me because I got 'lucky' with my job

I'm in my mid-twenties so not all is lost I suppose, but ducking hell it doesn't feel good to know just how much opportunity college offered and I squandered it
>>
>>321511514
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHYgN4lYJtU
>>
>>321513739
Thankfully you are still living so don't squander that time.
>>
>>321512608
>teach you the fundamentals
God wouldn't that be nice? No time for that when you've got impressionist biographies to read and post-modern garbage to pontificate over.
>>
>>321514042
Where did you go to then? Even a community college class can teach you fundamentals of drawing without being a history class or writing reports. It is all about doing projects.
>>
>>321511928
>types out a small fucking essay 10x larger than the OP
>says nice blog
>>
>>321512559
I hope it does make you smarter, because you're retarded, Anon.
>>
>>321512559
In that case eating frozen grapes must make you a genius because no one has disproved this nonsense.
>>
>>321511928
check a b c and d for me. I should of joined the military right out of highschool 3 years ago
>>
>>321511514
Because playing video games is more rewarding than studying.
>>
Im worse I have 4chan addiction.
>>
>>321512675
>>321514210
>>321514495
it was just a joke you dumb fuckwads jesus christ stop replying to my post already
>>
File: Capture.png (245 KB, 641x481) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
245 KB, 641x481
Why is it so hard to balance shitposting time with vidya time? I'm already two years behind my peers because of shitposting addiction.
>>
>>321514639
>should of
>>
>>321514687
>merely pretending
>>
>>321514954
>autism
>>
>spent school never studying, just playing video games
>spent university smoking weed and playing video games
>still got a good degree and a good job

Being low int must be frustrating
>>
Find what you like, and focus on that while also don't neglect others.

My grade has been bumpy since high school cause I was addicted to vidya too, but I luckily pushed my self-through that and landed a a fine job now. Although, I was a NEET for 3 months after my Uni graduation.
>>
>>321514687
>The "I was merely joking" meme
Fuck off anon, your poorly constructed sentence was your shitty way of attempting to prove a point and it failed because you're a colossal mongoloid.
>>
>>321515312
Same anon. It was glorious to see people worry and stress about exams and I just got fucked up constantly and still graduated with a better job than everyone in my class.
>>
I don't know how people can do it. I'm not one to give advice on this because I missed my chance to go to college a long time ago as I'm already 30 and lack even a GED.
>>
>>321515162
>people who aren't retards have autism
fifty
>>
>>321513546
Lol
He thinks it's a real major
>>
>>321515162
Learn proper grammer fucking fagget
>>
>>321511641
How do you get good willpower?
>>
>>321515727
Reroll character sheet.
>>
>>321511928
>Paralysis by analysis
This is actually my fucking problem right here... i wish i could go off the wild ride
>>
>>321515682
Got a job at the second biggest investment bank on the planet so the joke's on you.

I'm assuming you haven't realised there are successful people in nearly every field on the planet. You can do a shit tier major and end up in an amazing job if you are actually good.

I've been interested in financial markets since I was young and knew I could get a good job if I studied it.
>>
File: 3.3 million rustles.jpg (31 KB, 300x286) Image search: [Google]
3.3 million rustles.jpg
31 KB, 300x286
>>321511928
>Suffer from paralysis by analysis and overanalyze situations/what you need to do for school to the extent it causes you anxiety and you use vidya to destress.

Holy shit this is me.

I don't even have a vidya problem desu, since quote relate will give me small panic attacks anyway and make me run away.

I've graduated 3 months ago but I still have nightmares about uni.

How do I cure this?
>>
File: cat.jpg (40 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
cat.jpg
40 KB, 720x960
>>321511514
My cat is preventing me from studying. Guess I'll just go play some vidya.
>>
>>321512137
>pick up the recorder because I wanted to play an instrument again
>haven't had one for five years
>thanks to school I can pick it up and start playing because I can read notes
>on my own I can't quite understand how to play the upper half octave

School helps. Fuck I played French horn and almost all my education applies to recorder as well. Im glad I studied
>>
>>321516482
He looked pissed.
>>
>>321515695
>grammer

'tism
>>
>>321516613
She thinks she's entitled to attention. Look what happens when I give some.
>>
>>321516346
I don't quite understand why you would feel like this or what the logic is behind you feeling this way. Care o explain?
>>
>>321516346
I graduated a year ago and I miss learning so much new stuff.
What are you having nightmares for?

Frankly I could consider studying something vaguely interesting just to learn more after I've worked up some money
>>
>>321515695
>grammer
Spelling comes before grammar you utter moron.
>>
>>321512357
>a chance at kindling a passion for it

Well, that sure doesn't apply in Singapore.
Everyone is too busy memorising stuff.
>>
>>321511928
C, but the stuff that interests me in my studies is buried under a metric fuckton of other info I give no Fucks about.
>>
>>321515162
I'm just saying, there's really no excuse for this shit. Cringeworthy as fuck.
>>
Am I the only girl around here who actually likes playing video games instead of the attention it generates?
>>
>>321517053
LONDON
O
N
D
O
N
>>
>>321511514
>2 years behind my peers

so you are still a child?
>>
>>321516698
>>321516732

I literally keep dreaming about being back at uni and not being able to get my degree because I haven't done some class (one of the really hard ones) or because my registration there was wrong.

I do miss uni too though, which is weird.

I'm a chemical engineer btw, currently working on getting a master's degree.
>>
>All these people who don't play instruments

I started learning drums when I was 10 years old, nowadays I'm going around the country playing gigs with my band. It does wonders for your self-confidence when you're up on stage. Learn to play something, /v/.
It's also gotten me laid plenty of times
>>
>>321517458
>drummer
>laid

what
>>
>>321517458

Instead of learning instruments I leaned Karate for 15 years and then Krav Maga for 8

I'm now a Karate black belt and a Krav Maga certified instructor

I'd honestly rather know how to play something though, being able to beat people up is kind of overrated
>>
>>321517647
So buy an instrument and start tooting/plucking or whatever you do with the one you want.
Also recommend is reading some about say reading notes and a bit of music theory so you can Google vidya tunes and play them without guesswork
>>
>>321517458
Buying a bass guitar next month, after I get paid. Super excited, but I fear it's going to be difficult to learn, since I have no experience playing an instrument. any tips?
>>
>>321516698
How do you people do uni so easily? I'm having anxiety problems from uni. My hair is falling out, my stomach is fucked up and I'm fucking stressed to fuck. Every time I think about studying I remember how much shit I have to do and I get the feeling of dread deep in my guts and I have to do something else, I don't know wat to do to stop this, I literally get scared of studying. On the occasion that I overcome this I actually can learn quite alot and as long as I don't stop I can study pretty well for a few hours. I'm really desperate at this point since finals are almost here and I need to do my semestral projects.
>>
>>321515312
>>321515621
I hope you guys appreciate what you have as I would probably not hesitate to brutally muder you if it means I got that natural intelligence.
>>
>>321517529
It helps that I'm decent looking and we're a pop punk band, so all of our fans are around 18.

>>321517647
It's not to late anon!

>>321517910
Basically, what this anon said: >>321517803
Learn a little bit of music theory, learn to read sheet music. You might never need to know it, depending on what music you play, but it's useful when you actually get to write songs.
Look up the bass tabs for your favourite songs and learn them. If it's too difficult for a beginner, find an easier song.
And also learn about your instrument, learn which notes are where and how to tune by ear and such. Again, you could just buy a tuner and tune your guitar in no time at all but tuning by ear is a useful skill.
>>
I've just moved on from all of the stress and sadness. I'm just angry all the time. I don't even play vidya anymore.

Like I'm pissed no matter. I'm most likely very mentally ill. I'm fucked for life.
>>
>>321511928
You type exactly like someone from tumblr.
>>
>>321512318
Well it couldn't because it isn't in the 'how smart are you' tests, put it in and it would.
>>
>>321517910
>A B A B A B A B A B
This is authentic experience of playing a bass guitar in your average rock/pop/etc band. Sadly the popular music isn't really that hyped about grooves or interesting base lines or base solos.

As to some advice, you have to actively listen to music to learn music. Here is some quality bass shit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUVunBAN4O4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T39ZaFT1kA0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukVhTzcW3Uc
Marcus Miller, Foley and Victor Wooten are mandatory listening if you play this instrument.
>>
File: 1450944996360.gif (124 KB, 474x604) Image search: [Google]
1450944996360.gif
124 KB, 474x604
>complete dumbfuck
>no real ambitions
>liked skateboarding and videogames
>still do that in my late thirties
>those meals on wheels when you're surrounded by a bunch of disenfranchised child prodigies and kids who got picked on and it really ruins your day having to read some of this shit
>>
File: shiggity.jpg (60 KB, 412x435) Image search: [Google]
shiggity.jpg
60 KB, 412x435
>>321518520
>late thirties
>>
ITT: Niggers
>>
>>321511514
>this picture
>boo hoo i don't like this kind of knowledge why school teaches it
because every experience makes you smarter and you can relate to it in different problem later if you're smart enough
>>
>>321518017
I'm not sure but I'm pretty laid back about most things.

Just try to get a structure in your head. Look at the material, look at mock exams and understand what you need to know to get a good grade.

Try to understand rather than memorise when studying. It'd be near impossible to just remember a bunch of things you've never known before so just try to structure your revision near exam times and make sure you understand the logic behind what you are being taught rather than just trying to memorise a bunch of information/formulas etc.

I'm quite an obsessive person with things. For example, when I play games I can sit and get pretty addicted to one game and play for 20+ hours without a break. The same applies to studying. I will sit and get absorbed in studying for really long periods of time. I don't study frequently but when I do it's pretty exhaustive.

Also, when going into exams, I always try to think I've came out with 100%. I obviously don't get 100% but with that attitude rather than "Oh, I hope I've done enough to pass" has always yielded the best results and I normally come away with a better grade than nearly everyone in my class.
>>
File: 1358822736195.jpg (91 KB, 479x479) Image search: [Google]
1358822736195.jpg
91 KB, 479x479
>>321518615
I make plenty of money plumbing and have plenty of time off. Why not? Shark Tank and binge drinking don't do it for everyone bud, hate to break it to you. What would your pompous ass rather have me doing with my free time?
>>
>>321518873
I'm 23 and most of the time I feel too old to be in this shithole.
>>
>>321512559
You must be one of those "HUR DUR PROVE GOD DOESN'T EXIST" fags.

Here's how burden of proof works: You make a claim, it's on you to back up your claims. Otherwise get the fuck out of society's way, it doesn't have time for your shit.

>>321514687
"No, you are the moron!"
And then anon was a retard.
>>
>>321519036
Well I'm kind of making up for lost time but I see what you mean.
>>
>>321511928
Fucking hell I'm A B C and D
What do ?
>>
>>321513546
Fellow finance major and financial analyst here. Shit was easy and clearing 53k first year. Played vidya literally all throughout college and still graduated in 2 years.
>>
>>321513546
>>321519391
Yeah it's pretty easy but I fucking hate this shit. The whole subject is disgusting. I wish I stuck with engineering.
>>
>>321516282
Finance has to be the only field where you can fuck everything up for everyone and still get paid the most.

It used to be a pretty modest paying boring job before it was freed up to run rampant and fuck everything up. It will probably return there once everyone has had enough.
>>
>>321519670
Eh the money helps. Depending on your company when you get out, it could get better. You'll either be an Excel jockey or a valued business partner they bring in for every meeting. I was the first one until I put in my two weeks and now the job is more fulfilling. Hated it in school, but I'll switch careers to something that involves travel in a few years.
>>
>>321519670
Why would you switch from a real mans profession to literal human scum?
>>
>>321519983
I was forced by circumstances. Not going to go into details but yeah I still have my eyes on something that's actually useful.
>>
>>321519036
I'm 30. Dont forget: you're here forever~
>>
>>321520310
"You're here forever" is about how long you've been here not how old you are while you're here. 4chan is probably not going to to make it to 2023.
>>
>>321515727
Grind for it
>>
>>321522958
No you reroll. Of course after killing your character.
>>
>>321519391

I wish we had a system where you could graduate quicker over here. I'm in the UK and we have fixed uni semesters. You have so much time off and so little time in actual classes that you could pass in 1 or 2 years easy if it were possible.
>>
>>321523696
iktf

This shit has always been beneath my level anyway. Too late now since this is my last year.
>>
File: diddy.jpg (53 KB, 461x366) Image search: [Google]
diddy.jpg
53 KB, 461x366
>want to play video games, but don't because I know I should be working
>don't work because I fucking hate having to work at home
>spend all day on 4chan
>>
File: v.png (33 KB, 884x135) Image search: [Google]
v.png
33 KB, 884x135
>serious replies to a 12 year old
neo-/v/ folks
>>
File: sakura-finally-got-it.png (466 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
sakura-finally-got-it.png
466 KB, 640x480
I never played the recorder in school.

I thought that was just an anime thing.
>>
I just want to draw

I draw like a 8 year old with downs, I try
Thread replies: 114
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.