[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WH40k
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: 1379209556231.jpg (401 KB, 1200x792) Image search: [Google]
1379209556231.jpg
401 KB, 1200x792
Dawn of War/WH40k thread

I'm playing through the DoW2 campaign and I have a question: does the pace ever really pick up? Because so far all the missions feel mostly the same without a solid story to back them: deploy squad, kill target, return to ship

The early mission where you had to defend a strategic position was interesting but pretty much a cakewalk. It's also a pain in the ass having to fight both the Tyranids and the fucking "silly mon keigh I have tricked you into destroying my army" Eldar. Currently I have like 30000 objectives to take care of and make sure no planet gets swarmed by the Nids

Just wanna get through this so I can move onto chaos rising which I heard is great
>>
>>321509467
40k is literally deploy, kill, return. That's how it works. What the fuck did you expect from a video game?
>>
DoW2 campaign is basically an A-RPG. You don't play for the story, you play for the loot. And if you're not having fun with the DoW2 campaign, you're not going to have fun with any of the campaigns so just youtube the story instead.
>>
>>321509579

Some variety in the way missions play at the very least

Every fucking mission is
>orbital drop
>get assaulted by small enemy squads as soon as you take a step
<move from one end of the map to the next one shooting everything along the way and capturing optional structures
>Kill target enemy commander which is usually like a 2 minute battle where some damage sponge runs around constantly fucking targetting Avitus and then a ton of enemy reinforcements come in and fuck up half my squad
>Repead ad infinitum for every misssion

Would be nice to have a mission that doesn't play out like this
>>
>>321509653
>mfw I load up DoW2 chaos rising after completing DoW2 again with all areas captured and no lost shit and all side missions done
>managed to get Avitus up to 3200 dps at Lv.23
>can't use him in the next mission anyway

It sucks. Shame I don't want to have to work on making him the traitor for canon reasons, especially since he does so much damage and you end up having to nerf him.
>>
>>321509758
Well Chaos Rising is exactly the same except there is no need to constantly go back and defend places from Nids, Eldar and Orks.

Chaos Rising is better as the missions are more fun, but they're the same thing as DoW2, and you have Corruption to deal with thou.

I would just quit then. As both Chaos Rising and Retribution are exactly the same. You do everything the same as DoW2. Retribution does exactly the same missions for each race in the campaign, difference being story, loot and skills.
>>
>reading article on Space Hulk: Deathwing
>author gives evidence to show that it might be in development trouble

I am pretty worried about it now.
>>
>>321509907

Well I can put up with it playing like an ARPG and just looting shit and making my squads stronger, it's just fucking annoying constantly having to run around defending planets because apparently everyone is incapable of doing so save for a squad that consists of like 15 SMs

I actually got excited when the Tyranids first showed up, but now I'm back to running around hunting those fucking space elves
>>
I'm always a sucker for Warhammer fan videos https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQIqxm6le5M
>>
>>321510065
Yeah, Chaos Rising doesn't have that iirc. But it might do. Retribution has nothing like that. Everything is optional outside of main missions.
>>
File: Your loss is the Imperiums gain.jpg (336 KB, 625x790) Image search: [Google]
Your loss is the Imperiums gain.jpg
336 KB, 625x790
>>
Do any of you guys play DoW II: Retribution with the Elite Mod in multiplayer?

It's the only RTS I'd be interested in playing online.
>>
>>321511403
nah, I moved over to CoH2.
better voice acting.
>>
>>321511494
Supposedly the second game is terrible in the balance department.
>>
>>321511403

I don't play multiplayer. only Last Stand
>>
>>321511587
>supposedly
they pretty much ironed out the balance kinks this patch.
It has the typical relic art.
>>
>>321511664
The videos make it appear quite interesting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-74KsAQg2Yg&list=PL92130517C24D1117&index=1

Last stand is too arcadey for me.
>>
>>321509994
Source/link?
>>
>>321511960
It's a literally who website, but I checked out what they said around the time I read this and it's pretty much spot on.

http://sidearc.com/death-of-deathwing/

There are job offers on their website, their forum is dead and there is no new information since E3.
>>
File: 1415829483522.jpg (59 KB, 498x558) Image search: [Google]
1415829483522.jpg
59 KB, 498x558
>>321512059
>Streum in trouble
They are too good for this world.
>>
>>321512059
Fuck, I'm scared too now.
Also for a literally who website they are more competent at actual journalism than most of the better known vidya website.
>>
>>321512323
It is a bit worrying. We'll see.

>>321512356
Yeah. I can but hope Streum update. As for the website, yeah, it just isn't that big. Hope it will be though, it seems to be less clickbaity than lots. That might be the mark of how good a website is, if they get popular but don't turn to clickbait.

We'll see.
>>
>>321512356
probably because they will focus on the news as they are little
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.