[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did you guys think of this? I really like the parkour so
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 11
File: maxresdefault.jpg (158 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
158 KB, 1280x720
What did you guys think of this?

I really like the parkour so far. Only been around 2-3 hours. Still setting up the first traps, so I haven't experienced the night. Any recommendations before I keep going? Share your experiences /v/.
>>
Did /v/ give it the cold shoulder then?
>>
>>321482172
It's great.
It has a big open world, but dense enough to make the movement and parkour enjoyable.
The combat is pretty good and the weapons are decent too.
However, my personal gripes with it is the standard skill-tree that most Triple-A games have.
If you learn all the skills TOO quick the game loses its challenge.

If you want a challenge, there's a mod that speeds up all the zombies called "I am Legion".
>>
>>321482858
I noticed that the speed and strength trees pretty much boiled down to not getting tired, which did disappoint me somewhat.

I like how the dead interact with the environment, like the firecracker sound and the first big one with the concrete block that can hit a as tank and blow the fuck up. Nothing really new, but in combination with the urban world and parkour really makes it shine.

Any tips for the night? I've read about the ones that are only available at night. Haven't seen any videos though, didn't want to spoil myself so much.
>>
>>321483264

>Any tips for the night?

It's probably the only time since Doom 3 that I've seen a legitimately dark setting. Like, even with the brightness turn up a bit past normal it's still incredibly dark and odds are you'll get stuck once or twice trying to outrun zombies.
>>
How are the parkour controls? Are they somewhat manual and involved? Or is "hold A to parkour" shit?
>>
>>321483570
It's like mirrors edge
>>
>>321483570

As long as you generally keep mashing spacebar, you'll be fine. It's definitely more involved than, say, AssCreed, but less pure than Mirror's Edge.

All I know is that I played other FPS after it and was disappointed that they didn't let me climb shit like Dying Light.
>>
>>321483570
You actually have to jump and AIM at what you want to climb over.
It's not like Assassin's Creed where you hold the run button and automatically climb things.
>>
>>321483749
>>321483803
>>321483820
Good to know, sold.
>>
>>321483570
I haven't tested it much yet, but you do have to aim at where you want to climb and, at least until I try mashing, I just hold spare or R1 in controller to climb.

I like how I can climb windows that have bars. Jumping on a weak rooftop and having it break was also a really good feeling. Are these random, or is there a way to identify them before jumping on them?
>>
>>321482172
It's really fun. Stylin on zombies is great and there's a lot of quests and challenges to do.

>Any tips for the night?
Oh lawdy, no tips will help. Keep doing story missions and they just sling your ass into it. Just use traps and RUN RUN RUN HOLY SHIT RUN
>>
>>321484283

Generally, they'll have a sheets of plywood and some loose tarps.

Also, I asked in a previous thread but got no answer, what is the consensus on the community maps? I pirated and beat it months ago, but I'm thinking of buying it just so I can get easy access to community made map stuff, which looks mostly like obstacle courses and fun shit.
>>
is it really poorly optimized for pc? An anon told me it has horrible dips. I have a GTX 770
>>
>>321483264
>Any tips for the night?
Be doubly careful, at the start with the normal weapons you will get it will not be worth at all and will be outright suicidal to fight the volatiles and even later its not that useful to fight them since they will always call a army of volatiles and later virals to fuck you up, even if you try to use a gun of any kind you're only going to make it worse for you since it will attract more of them with the loud noises
>>
>>321484649
I have a near potato pc and it runs pretty well and my younger brother who has a really better card says it runs perfectly
>>
File: a-murder.jpg (115 KB, 625x725) Image search: [Google]
a-murder.jpg
115 KB, 625x725
>>321482172
Oh mam the influx of new players is awesome, now there are more invasions to do and its awesome I invade someone earlier and ended up losing because I kept just fucking with the guy and when I heard how freaked out he sounded at the result screen it was incredible
>>
>>321483570
>>321483749
For all intensive purposes, it's exactly like Mirror's Edge. I think it's only missing 2 things: no wall run and pole climb.
>>
I loved that mission where you had to either get lightbulbs from a bridge at night or fix them nor something. I know you had to do it at night. The bridge was covered in zombies and it was prolly one of my favorite missions on the gsme.
>>
>>321484524
Community maps? I though the game was single and co-op. How do those work?
>>
>>321484524
Community maps are generally shit. Just wait for the enhanced edition if you're gonna buy it.
>>
>>321485414
They released a map builder devkit so you can build your own maps. I haven't tried any of it yet though.
>>
Definitely a lot of fun, and the devs certainly know what they're doing. Looking forward to playing the new expansion.
>>
I didn't care much for the combat, thought it was clunky and hate using melee weapons that break so easily.

Plus it wasn't optimized very well.
>>
>>321485464
To elaborate more, obstacle courses can be really fun and are the only worth while ones but there's hardly any. The other maps are generally bad with only a few showing any signs of potential.
>>
It's fun but my friends and I played it when modding it was a bitch.

We couldn't get our mods to sync and therefor couldn't play together.

We all kind of stopped playing after that.
>>
>>321484649
It was terrible on amd cards, if you had nvidia you were okay, you can max it out on a 750ti and average 30fps.
>>
>>321485464
why wait for the enhanced edition if this will be the cheapest price? enhanced edition comes free as an update.
>>
>>321485185
It does have wall run though, it's one of the last skills in the agility tree.
>>
its the type of game where you just wait for the all in one version for 10 bucks
>>
File: Gameplay_Dyinglight.webm (3 MB, 1067x600) Image search: [Google]
Gameplay_Dyinglight.webm
3 MB, 1067x600
>>321482172
Anyone know when the new shit that was shown at PSX is coming out?
>>
>>321485985
The 'wall run' is vertical.

I was referring to the horizontal Wall Run in Mirror's Edge.
>>
Does anyone know if it still runs terribly on AMD?
>>
>>321486080
I think Feb 9th
>>
>>321486252
Probably.
>>
>>321482172
It was GOTM and is in my top 10 of the year.
>>
>>321486080
>
>>
>>321486080
that plot twist
>>
>>321485185
>parkour with a knife in your hand
>>
>>321486636

>realism
>in a zombie game

besides that, it's the last mission, Crane's fucking pissed and has no time to sheathe his knife.
>>
>>321485496
Oh shit I didn't know they did that. I wonder how in depth it is
>>
File: bretty gud nuke.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
bretty gud nuke.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>321482172
Does it fix Dead Island's terrible durability system or will I still have to pay 67 zombucks to fix a lead pipe that broke after I hit a few squishy zombies with it?
>>
>>321486636
>Not having a knife on hand at all times in a zombie infested city

You wouldn't survive a single day.
>>
>>321486252
I played it a few months back with max settings on my r9 290. It was decent, but don't expect smooth sailing.
>>
>>321486636
>not keeping the knife in your mouth like a pirate
>>
>>321486947
Items can be repaired on the fly if you have some scrap, but after a few repairs the weapon will break.
>>
>>321487316
Thanks anon, I'll give it a miss.
>>
File: Dying Light comic.png (427 KB, 900x450) Image search: [Google]
Dying Light comic.png
427 KB, 900x450
LOL
>>
>>321487429
I actually really liked the main character in this game. He gets progressively more annoyed and pissed off and by the end when the villain tries to give him a
>YOURE JUST LIKE ME
speech, he's like
>Fucks sake shut up nigga
>>
Pirated it, completed the story. What else is there really to do after that? Nothing. So I haven't played it since.
>>
>>321486080
LEWD
>>
File: 1381796771340.jpg (5 KB, 440x293) Image search: [Google]
1381796771340.jpg
5 KB, 440x293
>>321482787
After the awful mess that was the Dead Island series from Techland, I decided to give this one a pass.

It didn't help that the leaks and previews were about as unhype as it got. I bet somebody already posted that webm of the player character looking at his watch most of the time in between uneventful zombie swipes.
>>
>>321487684
He's pretty sarcastic in a funny way in various side-quests.
>>
was going to pick this up but think theres going to be an "enhanced version" coming out in february or something like that
>>
>>321487887
Yeah, it's too bad that the game went under the radar because Dead Island was so shitty. It's definitely a hidden gem and a contender for my GOTY.

I might just buy the enhanced edition if it goes on sale.
>>
most definitely the greatest zombie game thus far, especially with that new expansion pack coming out
>>
>>321483264
>Any tips for the night?

You actually have to be super stealthy (except for that one story mission) at night until late game. You simply won't have the weapons to fight the super zombies until then (guns simply attract more of them)
>>
>>321487887
It's unfortunate considering Dying Light is waaay better than Dead Island.
>>
>>321483749
>>321485185
close too, although Mirror's edge is more skill driven whereas DL is stat/level driven. I think it will be closer to Mirror's Edge Catalyst than the original game
>>
Great fucking game.
Id suggest starting on hard if you like struggling for survival.
My only gripe is how you need to be right next to your friends in order to talk to someone in coop
>>
File: Wolf.jpg (36 KB, 470x313) Image search: [Google]
Wolf.jpg
36 KB, 470x313
>>321482172

Good game.

I personally really enjoyed it.
>>
>>321488006
>"One of these days, I'm gonna land on a bag of rusty knives. I know it."
>>
>>321491320
>random npc in the open world talking about how unpredictable humans can be with the example of a privileged person can snap at any moment.
>"Yea, I'll keep an eye out for murderous one percenters"
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.