[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to get into dungeon crawlers, is this one any good? What
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: elminage.jpg (39 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
elminage.jpg
39 KB, 460x215
I want to get into dungeon crawlers, is this one any good?
What about the wizardry games?
Dungeon crawler thread I guess.
>>
>>321348762
dungeon crawl your way up this dick gayboy, we already had this thread a few hours ago
>>
>>321348821
Cool. I don't care.
>>
>>321348762
It's good, but it's also one of the more hardcore games you could possibly start with, OP. Come back to Elminage Original and Elminage Gothic when you've had some more beginner friendly dungeon crawlers under your belt first.

Sadly, most of the better beginner friendly ones are on Vita or 3DS. If you have a Vita, check out Demon Gaze and if you have a 3DS, check out any of the Etrian Odyssey games from 3 onwards, 1 and 2 are a little clunky with the interface and eventually got remade as Untold 1 and 2 anyway. They're good beginner dungeon crawlers which aren't insultingly easy but not fuck you difficult either.
>>
>>321349054
Thanks for the tip. I don't own a Vita or 3DS but this gives me another reason to get one.
>>
>>321349195
You could always emulate 3, since that's just a regular DS game.

The Wizardry games are also good but a little on the difficult side too. I'd start with 6 and then import your save into 7 and then 8. The earlier games aren't as fully featured and play a little differently and Wizardry 4 in particular is a giant fuck you to Wizardry fans, not because it was bad but because fans bragged to the developer how they were masters at the first three games, so they made 4 almost impossibly difficult out of spite to those fans. It's pretty funny, actually and you can read what kind of bullshit it has on Wikipedia.

If you're going to play the older Wizardries, the SNES version has a fan translation and looks better and the Japanese PS1 versions of 1 - 3 and 4 & 5 have the option for English text hidden somewhere in the options menu.
>>
Skip Wizardry 2, 3, and 7. They're shit.

Play Wizardry 4 if you're trying to impress people.

All other Wizardries are pretty good.
>>
>>321348762
Legend of Grimrock
>>
File: nigel.jpg (28 KB, 615x409) Image search: [Google]
nigel.jpg
28 KB, 615x409
>>321351004
>realtime dungeon crawlers
>>
It kind of sucks. Do you have a PSP? If so, get Elminage Original instead.
>>
>>321351004
It's good, but it's not exactly a turn based dungeon crawler though now that I read the OP's post again, he didn't state if it had to be turn based or not.

If the OP doesn't mind real time dungeon crawling, I'll throw my hat in for the Might & Magic games. Avoid 9 like the plague and 10 is merely okay and maybe 1 and 2 are a bit dated, but 3 onwards is still perfectly playable.
>>
isn't diablo a dungeon crawler?
>>
>>321351372

Roguelikes and roguelike-likes are nothing at all like Wizardry.
>>
>>321351372
They're more loot based action games that sometimes leads you through dungeons. Though Diablo 1 was indeed meant to be a turn based dungeon crawler during pre-production.
>>
>>321348762
>>321349054
seconding Demon Gaze here. if you can run a saturn emulator, try playing Shining the Holy Ark too
got surprised as fuck about it, started thinking it was going to be an animu fest but the gameplay got pretty challenging
get a Vita, OP. theres also Stranger in the Sword City and its amazing
>>
>>321352968
surprised aboud DG, i mean
>>
If I were to play generic dungeon crawler #4351 I would pick one of those with 2d sluts to be honest.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.