[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this game any good? If I get the base game what DLC or faction
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 1
File: CoH 2.jpg (23 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
CoH 2.jpg
23 KB, 460x215
Is this game any good?

If I get the base game what DLC or faction packs should I get
>>
>>321340143
okw appears to be the easiest to play and most popular but as far as i know there is only one real gameplay style for them.
ver can be fun especially if you like strong early game troops with easy hmg support
soviets are great if you like massing troops kinda like coh1 USA and there are a lot of tactics with them , mine favourite being PPSHs on cons.
brits are similliar to how they were in coh1.
americans i don't really know.
if you like holding forward positions and having a well defined battlefront get okw, but overall DLCs aren't that important unless you really wanna play other then the 2 deffault factions.
>>
>>321341826
>ostheer
>strong early game troops

Grenadiers get their asses handed by rifflemen and conscripts.
>>
>>321341965
LMG upgrade or the gewehrs. LMG blob is pretty much unstopable unless cons have support
>>
>>321340143
monetization is fucking shitty but it's honestly the most fun I've had with an RTS in awhile
get the DLC with OKW and US at the least
Ardrennes is just really OK. It tried something new with RTS campaigns at least

>>321341826
I'd say US are the easiest to learn since you don't have to build structures but they just require a lot of microing since you have to worry about sending multiple squads to flank to take down tanks and the like
>>
>>321340143
This game has some RTS story missions and after that the main draw is multiplayer, right?
>>
>>321341965
That is why we get hordes of Cons and Rifles but no Grens in mid to late game right? :^)
>>
>>321342148
If we are talking about upgraded units then conscripts with ppsh and riffles with bars still hand grenadier's asses.
>>
>>321341965
>and conscripts

am I doing it wrong? my conscripts get trashed by grenadiers, just because they're lonrger range and it's easier to be a piece of shit long range guy who sits in cover.
>>
>>321340143
>no mod to zoom out further
Killed the game/free weekend for me.
I really liked CoH 1, I'd even call it a masterpiece, but only with the camera mod.
>>
>>321342786
>ostheer doesnt have good spammable infantry with decent manpower cost
>grenadiers must be good

lmao
>>
>>321342752
SP is a tutorial for MP just like in 1.
But there are some single mission DLCs if you want more.
There is also whole USA campaign SP DLC
Better buy them all in -80% deals.
>>
>>321340143
If the commander drops weren't full retard I'd say yes.
I have played for about 30 hours and have got only 1 commander so far. Well I actually got 2 but it was the SAME FUCKING ONE.
coh1 is better.
>>
>>321342982
Grens grenade and upgrades are only outmatched by brain dead tier OKW Volks.
Cost does not mean much for the versatility it's gets.
>>
>>321342901
Get them a bit closer than max range(where grens have a slight edge), use cover. Scripts will trade with un-upgraded grens fairly well.
>>
>>321342492

OP here. What aspects are semi-P2W? How bad is it?
>>
>>321343274
There is no P2W
>>
>>321343269
>move

if I move I've pretty much already lost. I need to do some kind of flanking or fog of war shenanigans or outnumber them, which I can't because they cost the same. I've only played wehr a little, but grens seem like the best infantry you can get, except riflemen I guess. you making it sound like cons compare at all kind of baffles me.
>>
>>321343439

Explain the monetization then.

What can you buy in-game and is it more of a side-grade than an upgrade.
>>
>>321342492

US require more micro than other factions because they have to rely on Rifle flanking and light vehicles for most of the game.

OKW is still by far the easiest.
>>
>>321343485

Cons will beat Grens at mid and close range. At vet 3, Cons are also tanky as fuck due to their received accuracy.
>>
>>321343485
Grens are really nothing special, Riflemen, IS and Volks are all superior. And Scripts are totally comparable. The 4 man squadsize and high mp reinforce cost cripple Ostheer all game.
>>
>>321343562
some of the non-basic commanders are a bit better sometimes for some factions. I'd say it's sort of accidentally and just them trying ot keep on top of things being balanced, but you could be a cynical faggot instead and say they make all the new stuff overpowered so they can get shekels or whatever memes you favour.
and it's not like you have this 1 commander you bought which is the best one, everyone plays with 3 commanders, they're situational. typically even the 'better' premium ones are going to be on a loadout with 2 basic ones. I think the only bought commander I see a lot is rifle company for USF.
>>
>>321343562

You can buy commanders. The basic commanders are extremely solid but there's no denying that some of the DLC ones are very powerful too.
>>
>>321343205
If panzergrenadiers were cheaper nobody would make grenadiers because those are trash tier shit.
>>
>>321343771
>At vet 3

yeah but grens can get weapon upgrades that scale effectively with blobbing. the only conscript weapon upgrade is doctrinal and is harder to use effectively

>>321344017
>high mp reinforce cost

eh. I'm pretty sure this is made up. I'm pretty sure conscripts aren't any cheaper than grens or vgrens.
>>
>>321344235

That's like saying 'if shock troopers were cheaper no one would make cons'. Well yeah, no shit, Shocks and PGs are elite troops.

>>321344253

>eh. I'm pretty sure this is made up. I'm pretty sure conscripts aren't any cheaper than grens or vgrens.

Grens cost 30 to reinforce, Cons cost 20. Overall, however, the cost comes out to about the same when you have to reinforce a full squad of either unit.
>>
>>321344235
One of the new tactics (well, from last month) was to go straight for panzergrens. It was actually fun.
>>
>>321344673
right, so grens are better because you get more from their 4 models than the 6 model trash cons because basically long range units are better than short range units, and also LMGs.
>>
>>321343274
I was more referring to the DLC, but the way they handled commanders is really shitty
You can unlock them by playing the game, but they're too rare (in 80 hours of playtime I've found 2), so the only real way to get them is to pay for them. They're $2-$4 each. Whole thing sucks because I love CoH2, but if people don't want to get it because of the DLC I wouldn't blame them
>>
>>321340143
If you want a multiplayer rts get it. Every other one has fuck all player base. Or is starcraft 2.
>>
>>321344831
That's not what he said at all, scripts are fine l2p.
>>
>>321344831
Veteran conscript and rifleman can just run straight at veteran lmg grenadiers without taking much damage and fucking the grenadiers up.
>>
>>321345439
I know it's not, it's what I'm saying.

>>321345583
>and riflemen

totally different thing. riflemen are actually good, serious proper good with bars. cons are just meh, and not even cheap.
>>
>>321343026
I've played 100 and found 0. I even played the beta.
>>
>>321344831

You get 'more' in the sense that Grens have lower received accuracy to make up for their lack of a 5th man. They also have better accuracy but their overall DPS is inferior to Cons at close-medium range.

Here's the thing though. Yes, Grens get LMGs and thus thoroughly outstrip Con DPS during the mid-game. However, Cons are intended to be utility units from that point on. They are tanky as fuck with vet and have anti-garrison and AT-snare abilities.
>>
OK thanks anons. I'll buy this while its on sale
>>
>>321345814
>anti-garrison and AT-snare abilities

I guess. grens get shreks though. and volksgrens get incendiary grenades as well as normal grenades I think? without even having to waste fuel on an upgrade like soviets.

honestly, I am kind of mad about the game balance in coh 2, but cons aren't high on my list. I'm mostly mad about volksgrenadiers and the massive unit selection OKW gets.
>>
>>321346006

>I'm mostly mad about volksgrenadiers and the massive unit selection OKW gets.

As are we all anon - except wehraboos of course. OKW could be totally balanced and they'd still piss me off because they're braindead shit to play.

>hurr I build blob, I A-move blob
>>
>>321346174
the arguments make me mad

>don't you know blobs are countered by HMGs and mobile artillery etc.? get good

I want the OKW guys to get good. I don't see any reason for them to have half the stuff they have. non-doctrinal king tiger? here's an idea, how about we just remove that and replace it with nothing. HMGs even though they weren't supposed to get HMGs? what's up with that?

if they're going to have a do-everything infantry, it should be really bad at everything or really expensive, but instead it seems like the faction actually plays as the real infantry blob faction, backed up by HMGs and teleporting invisi-obers with fausts at only 3CP (I think), and better mobile artillery than anyone.

why do they get soviet-type anti-everything mines now? did you notice how they increased the vehicle prices to compensate for the fuel income increase, but they missed a few? fuck a dick relic, I'm so mad.
>>
>>321346798
They were gonna take the shrek from the volks and give to the sturmpios but pussied out, maybe later I guess.
>>
Men of war assault squad 2 is better desu
>>
>>321348304

Sure, if you enjoy paying for copy-pasted assets and broken multiplayer.
>>
>>321348304
dragging bullets between different soldiers' inventories isn't really what I'm looking for
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.