[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
As someone who want's to get into fighting games, Which
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
File: 12345.jpg (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
12345.jpg
3 MB, 1920x1080
As someone who want's to get into fighting games, Which on would be the most noob friendly game? I'm talking about game speed, difficulty of combo execution, stuff like that.

Noob friendly games, not your favorite game
>>
super smash bros, any of the four made
>>
Killer Instinct
Divedick.
>>
>>287221280
Should have probably mentioned no party games
>>
USF4
>>
>>287221231
Super Turbo is pretty basic. It will teach you fundamentals which will carry you far which then you could start playing USFIV where you could start picking up a high execution character like Akuma, Elena, Ibuki etc if you're comfortable down the road. I'd say this is the best bet for 2d fighters at least for me. 3d fighters I guess tekken tag 2?
>>
>>287221231
MvC3, TvC, Tekken Tag 2 , Any Soul Caliburs are good starts. USF4 is a terrible way to get into fighting games , if you wanna get into Street Fighter start with 2 turbo or the alpha series.
>>
>>287221723
I feel like I should be playing against other people, is super turbo still played by anyone?
>>
>>287222126
It's very alive on fightcade same with a bunch of other old games
>>
One more question. How essential is a stick? Do I really need one or can I get by with a 360/DS3?
>>
File: 6834018844_e8a55107b9_o.jpg (925 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
6834018844_e8a55107b9_o.jpg
925 KB, 1000x1500
Mortal Kombat.
>>
Killer instinct on Xbox One is literally baby's first fighting game.
>>
Do people still play Street Fighter X Tekken?
>>
Mortal Kombat easily. Its also fun while learning, unlike some of the more advanced fighters that require you to be some sort of good to even have fun
>>
>>287222823
If you wanna play in arcades then you'll need to learn it. You can play with whatever you're comfortable with. I couldn't use a controller because it felt overwhelming and stupid. I bought a stick and i got comfortable with it in about 2 days. The perks of having a stick is modding the hell out of it which is something i've enjoyed.
>>287223141
yes but most likely in private lobbies
>>
>>287221231
Cant go wrong with street fighter. The game will always have a scene and everything you learn will carry over to other fighting games.
>>
Virtua Fighter. It'll literally teach you how to handle yourself in any fighting game. For me it's:

>Mortal Kombat
>Virtua Fighter
>Street Fighter
>Tekken

I don't bother with anything else.
>>
>>287223392
When I say street fighter I mean ultimate and Sf5 whrn it drops. No matter what dont play umvc3. The game has been abandoned by capcom and is a broken mess. Dont get me started on the online.
>>
>>287223565
*ultra.
>>
>>287221231
>2D
Street Fighter the barest of 2D fighter there is, even Mortal Kombat games have gotten more technical.

Most advance/complicated I'd say is either Guilty Gear Accent Core+ or MvC2.

Darkstalkers 3 is definitely worth playing, although it's between Street Fighter and MvC2 in terms of technical requirement.

>3D
Tekken is the safe route, Soul Edge/Calibur tends to be more unforgiving.

DOA and Virtua Fighter are there, they're niche and share too similar gameplay.

There's only one true 3D fighter though that I'm aware of Ehrgeiz and has an extremely high technical skill floor even with the lack of Ring-Outs and limited buttons.

>Obscure
Tobal 1 and 2 (juggle-heavy Tekken)
Cardinal Syn (surprisingly technical, but limited roster)
Evil Zone (very cheesy but fun)
Puzzle Fighter (very fun, can get technical)
Star Wars: Masters of Teräs Käsi (essentially a souls knockoff, worth playing though)
Super Smash Bros. (party game)
>>
>>287222823
No reason to use Arcade stick unless you plan on going to the Arcade.

360 is awful for fighting games that use digital input, and the few that require analog are obsure/niche/shit.

Ignore tourneyfags
>>
SF4 for traditional
Blazblue for anime
>>
>>287221231
Fighting games are not hard. Here's how to get good.
>pick a character
>learn their bread and butter combo
>block an opponent's attacks
>when they're open, do your combo
>repeat
If you lose, why?
If you hit them more often but they still beat you
>learn more complex, damaging combos
If you can't hit them enough
>study their moves to find an opening
>>
>>287222823
It's a matter of preference, you can still get good with a controller though, the 2014 USF4 Evo Champ uses a pad for example, not a stick.
>>
>>287222823
Not essential at all. In fact, they're a scam by Mad Catz.
>>
>>287226379
Which pad was that? I didn't watch that evo
>>
>>287227125
PS1 I think.
>>
>>287227125
>I didn't watch that evo

If only there was a way to watch stuff after the events have already happened on some sort of video service to watch at your own leisure.
>>
>>287227125
Dualshock 2 I think?
>>
>>287227260
Googled it, video was of gameplay of the matches only. That's as far as I'm willing to search because I was sure there were some non-douchebags like
>>287227258 and >>287227275
who didn't have sand in their vagina's who would be nice enough to answer
>>
>>287227691
>who didn't have sand in their vagina's who would be nice enough to answer

Aw the poor baby can't take criticism? You'll never be ready for fighting games then kiddo.
>>
>>287227957
I think you have me confused with OP.

USF4 right now? PS3 or PC
>>
>>287228414
PS3, USF4

ID?
>>
File: 1422166904762.png (1 MB, 1280x1047) Image search: [Google]
1422166904762.png
1 MB, 1280x1047
>>287228414
Don't leave me hanging anon.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.