[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
With the recent explosion in VR technology lately, I'm willing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: Iwata-ND.png (122 KB, 834x472) Image search: [Google]
Iwata-ND.png
122 KB, 834x472
With the recent explosion in VR technology lately, I'm willing to bet Nintendo's next console will be VR based as well. It makes sense. Although they were ahead of the curve with the motion controls they adopted 3D and touch screen for controllers. Nintendo generally waits for new technologies to be more widely adopted and cheaper to produce before adopting it themselves. They did try it before with the Virtual Boy.
>>
inb4 Virtual Boy
>>
As much as I like the idea, it seems really impractical for a lot of games, and a controller serves the purpose better.
Keep the Gamepad though.
Off-tv is great and I fucking love it.
Also Huds moved down there too.
>>
File: original.jpg (57 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
57 KB, 512x384
I hope you aren't putting money on that bet.
>>
>>286042638
That image always makes me laugh
>>
nintendo is too focused on gameplay these days to risk VR especially since their nice games don't benefit from it.
>>
>>286042061

>yfw they call it the Wii Virtual
>>
For a moment, glancing at the thumbnail I thought that Samurai was the brown broad from Persona 3.
>>
>>286042638
I don't get this. So the next step is non-wearable, as in what we already have? Seems like a step backwards.
>>
Please tell me what nintendo IPs would be good under VR? As far as I know VR is more suited for first person experiences.

Mario wouldn't benefit
Zelda wouldn't
Certainly not Smash
Starfox maybe, if it was in the cockpit, but I doubt it.
Same with F-zero
The only game I could imagine would be a new first person Metroid game, and I will admit thinking about Prime VR gets my dick incredibly erect.

Sure they could make new IPs for VR, and goddamn the thought of Nintendo making anything new just makes me giddy, but I really don't think they'd be wiling to do something like that.
>>
>>286043813
Not exactly a Nintendo IP but
Bayonetta/Jeanne simulator
>>
>>286042061
VR will be a massive failure
>>
File: 1311809476179.jpg (29 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1311809476179.jpg
29 KB, 800x600
>>286043813
>first-person VR F-zero
>>
>>286042061
>Nintendo's next console
>Implying
>>
>>286043813
>Zelda wouldn't
Open world adventure games are exactly the sort of thing I want to play in VR the most.

I presume you mean in terms of gameplay benefit, but I don't think that's necessary.

I don't actually think Nintendo will do VR though.
>>
>>286042638
I really hate this whole linear progression narrative.

Mobile isn't the "next step" in any sense. Not from desktop computers, nor from consoles of any kind. And neither is all this wearable crap. They're new segments that displace the older segments to some extent and then coexist with them, because they fill entirely different customer needs.
>>
>>286043350
Suppose its home hardware that has nothing to do with gaming. The leap is in Nintendo's sense. They make consoles, and people are telling them to expand to mobiles. Step further from that is handfrists and other shit, which they kind of already did with pedometer.

The blue ocean step is;
>Hello. We are Nintendo. You may know us from WiiU and Mario. Today, I'd like to show you our new dishwasher.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.