[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Well, /v/? Which did you pick? Explain yourself
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 112
Thread images: 16
File: maxresdefault.jpg (165 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
165 KB, 1280x720
Well, /v/? Which did you pick? Explain yourself
>>
Bottom left is the only one that doesn't contradict the original's universe.
>>
Since Bob Page is still alive and able to ensure all endings are corrupted into becoming the events of Deus Ex, the choice is immaterial

Truth, the world needs to know they've been manipulated and exploited for the personal gain of a handful of people
>>
>>286018584
Sarif.
Mankind has to evolve.
>>
Suicide was my choice, felt the best out of the others.
>>
>not picking sarif
Why do you want to hold the human race back?
>>
I would've gone suicide if that didn't mean that Panchaea would've imploded and ruined the anti-climate change project.

So I picked Sarif.
>>
Suicide is the only options, you spend the game tracking down and getting buttfucked by fags that think they can decide what the future should be and then, in the end, you feel like you could decide what the future should be?
>>
>>286018584

Really didn't matter what you picked because obviously augs existed in the original.

So Sarif or suicide are the only outcomes.
>>
Went with Darrow.

I like to pretend that it's the reason why Gunther and Anna Navarre look so shitty and slapped together, because until JC came around they were making up for decades of lost time.
>>
The suicide option was always retarded because what good is it in letting the people decide when they're not in possession of all the facts? Not to mention the fact that you're also committing mass murder on everyone on the station and acting like this is the moral thing to do.
>>
>>286018584
Anything, but top left, is the epitome of hypocrisy. The entire history of the human race is about establishing superiority, and weeding out weakness. It's Refusing to acknowledge the superiority of augmentation is akin to embarrassing physical and mental defects.
>>
>>286019274
The Panchaea project revolves around a human-machine computer core, fueled by a steady stream of kidnapped women who are plugged in until they die

It's unsustainable
>>
File: 1425254344381.jpg (224 KB, 1784x1124) Image search: [Google]
1425254344381.jpg
224 KB, 1784x1124
I always went with Sarif. Adam seemed like too chill of a person to kill himself like that.
>>
File: punch.jpg (117 KB, 1080x765) Image search: [Google]
punch.jpg
117 KB, 1080x765
I hit Sarif so hard he grew a second head.
>>
First playthrough was suicide, definitely. It felt like the biggest middle finger I could offer to Sarif and all the other manipulative faggots who used Adam as a pawn.

Second playthrough, I chose Darrow, because suiciding destroys the habitat, and I realized that would be a bigger "fuck you."

Third, I sided with the anti-augmentation goons for laughs.

I still haven't finished my fourth playthrough yet.
>>
>>286019551
>fueled by people
>unsustainable

Did it have to be certain women or would any person work?

There are plenty of people that can be disappeared that people wouldn't look for...unless theirs a protagonist going after them. Nothing can stop protagonists.

Captcha: Antog

Well, no. Antagonists only delay protagonists captcha.
>>
>>286019662
To be honest, I felt like the fucking girlfriend needed a bitchslap option too.
>>
>>286018584
Mankind Decides on first playthrough but now I would opt for Sarif

Mankind is retarded and 'they' would not decide, but rather whatever corporations and/or institutions that are directly below the related major players, that would otherwise sink in Pangea if I were to self-destruct it

Sarif ain't so bad and augmentation did seem to be the natural technological evolution of mankind either way
>>
>>286019979

They broke up before the game started I think. She was still a huge asshole though who definitely sold you out for Bob Page money.
>>
>>286019964
Didn't you play Missing Link? They kidnap dozens and only a handful of those turn out suitable, all of which will die within a year

That's not mentioning the plans for other Panchaea stations around the world and a 5 Star Hotel in Earth orbit
>>
File: 8d1.jpg (39 KB, 392x347) Image search: [Google]
8d1.jpg
39 KB, 392x347
>>286018783
>>286019143
>>286019294
so instead of making an educated decision after seeing all the evidence, you kill yourself, bury the evidence and let unwashed masses make the choice.
>>
>>286018584
I couldn't beat the final boss so i just assumed it was unwinnable and that was the ending.
>>
>>286018584
Sarif. Suicide justification from Adam is retarded. Taggart is a conniving asshole and I don't trust him one bit. Darrow is just a moron and all his choice will do is spark riots everywhere and negatively affect the numerous transhumans who exist already. Sarif is potentially dangerous, but potentially excellent, and since his choice is technically already underway, it's best to try to see it through.
>>
>>286020249
what the fuck
>>
>>286020249
Top notch, very subtle, guaranteed replies
>>
>>286020249

Is it even possible to fuck up with Darrow and not get the code? Tip top kek.
>>
>>286018584
It's been a while since I've played it, but wasn't Haggard less anti-aug and more "Whoa, slow the fuck down, let's be careful with this shit?"
>>
>>286020182
Played the base game but never played missing link.

I'm sure it'd be difficult but there are billions of people and a lot of shitty places on earth that no one cares about.
>>
>>286018584
Save, reload, and watch all four dummy
>>
>>286020508
Wasn't Haggard loomynarty?

I have to play this game again. I'm not remember many of the details.
>>
>>286020508
Taggart was more the "ayy lmao leave it to US, the completely trustworthy ILLUMINATI. Join us and we will rul- I mean, respectfully handle the world together." choice
>>
File: 1425598667893.gif (2 MB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
1425598667893.gif
2 MB, 250x188
>>286020372

it's neo-/v/. Get used to it.

12yo wretches from NeoGaf and Reddit.
>>
>>286020372
>>286020445
idk the first time I did it I just kinda ran around not understanding what I was supposed to do

but then I saw security consoles and was like "surely hacking these will do SOMETHING good" and whaddaya know it's how you win

through goddamn minigames

>>286020484
I personally got lost a ton in pan-whatever and I think I actually never spoke to darrow on my first run.
>>
>>286020249
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pNuyRytEHA
>>
>>286018584
Pro Aug, of course? Why would I want to deprive humanity of badass cyborg limbs?
>>
I'm pretty sure I chose pro augmentation since I think that everyone should be able to improve themselves. Though I chose every ending by saving just before. I really want to go through on a lethal run through now.
>>
>>286020861
>I'm literally 12 years old guys
>>
>>286018783
Taggart probably works best, actually.

But I chose Darrow. It made the most sense after going through all that trouble to uncover the truth.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYpuzHyEY8Q

How come Deus Ex never gets picked on by SJWs?
>>
>>286018584
I loaded the game and chose all. What a shittily handled ending.
Anyway I chose pro-aug first. There's no natural selection anymore, it's up to us to improve ourselves, and fuck the moralfags with their "playing god" bullshit.
>>
>>286021124
2deep4them

I can't believe they actually got away with
>women never fail to underestimate man
line
>>
>>286019964
>Did it have to be certain women or would any person work?
I think only certain people accept the spinal cord "augmentation" but I don't remember correctly. Even then the plug needed is very expensive and hard to install.
Also Sarif ending master race
>>
>>286020657
>>286020668
Yeah, "let the illuminati continue to guide mankind; we'll let humanity know when they're ready for this tech."

It's probably not what I would go with, but it is a little more nuanced than just "anti-aug."
>>
>>286021124
Deus Ex isn't half as popular as something like GTA
>>
>>286021124
They don't play games. They watch the beginning scene and some tutorial gameplay.

They saw a female scientist telling men what to do and were happy.
>>
>>286020869
its good that they put a glass wall in the directors cut
>>
>>286020869

You actually don't even have to move from where you spawn to do this. First playthrough I saved that laser for the final boss, figuring I'd need the heavy firepower. I didn't even realize that there was an entire shield dropping mechanic you were supposed to have to use.
>>
the problem with the Darrow solution is that it gives the illumanti more reason to just take over everything. they've got the resources, even if people know about them and riot they can still shut everyone down

sarif's answer fucks over the least amount of people in the long term
>>
>>286021124
because it's a fad that will pass

upsetting one's jimmies because of gender/ minority inequality in fucking fictional interactive entertainment is retarded and an issue of luxury
>>
>>286019294
>you spend the game tracking down and getting buttfucked by fags that think they can decide what the future should be and then, in the end, you feel like you could decide what the future should be?
yes
>>
>>286021072
also I run at lowest settings and couldn't see shit

it was just turrets and some chinese lady moaning for a minute before I saw any panels on the walls, and the turrets caught me because they're not usually ceiling mounted so yeah, didn't expect them

>hurf durf if u die in a video game ur 12
well soh-rree
>>
>>286021124
One of the lead writers was a chick, so they got a bit of a free pass I guess. Still though, I was surprised by the amount of less than PC shit that they got away with. Not that I'm complaining.
>>
Everyone who picked suicide in HR should pick suicide IRL too.
>>
File: 1415896408156.gif (1 MB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
1415896408156.gif
1 MB, 300x169
I saved my game and picked every ending.
>>
I chose the suicide ending, it made the most sense. In my mind, as technology advances, humanity must do so for better or worse. Given the whole situation, the powers that be couldn't ever truly be beaten in the world of Deus Ex, especially considering the fact that it was a prequel.

If you ask me, I feel that suicide was the "canon" way of doing things. Adam didn't really have much to live for after realizing that humanity had to be responsible for themselves and he wasn't really a part of humanity anymore.
>>
Pro Aug. Humanity doesn't know what's good for them.
>>
>>286019294
Withholding the truth from mankind is also making a decision for them.
>>
>>286018584
Picking any other than Sarif is pure pleb.
>>
>>286021951
This. You're making a decision no matter what.
>>
>>286019370
I don't think technology actually regresses if you go the anti-aug route. It's just heavily restricted.
>>
File: JC Jensen.jpg (11 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
JC Jensen.jpg
11 KB, 300x400
Sarif is the worst choice you could possibly make

None of the other choices actually end Augmentation for good. They restrict it, some more than others, but that's a good thing. Augmentation running unchecked is why the plot of the game even happens. A big name company makes a biochip that can send people into homicidal rages and gets it onto the market without any oversight. Spec Ops soldiers have implants that erase their memories, that are used by shady government types to whore them out to the highest bidder. They built a computer that runs on human brains and kills the "volunteers" jammed into them after putting them through a torturous nightmare.

Humanity isn't going to give up progress, don't be absurd. It just needs to reign itself in so it doesn't abuse the shiny new technology with a million and one horrible applications.
>>
>>286019662
Were you playing on a fucking toaster? That looks like an early as fuck PS2 game.
>>
>>286022094
>Spec Ops soldiers have implants that erase their memories
Interesting, I missed that bit.
>>
>>286022094
>None of the other choices actually end Augmentation for good.
Uh.
This game is a prequel, they're not supposed to.
>>
>>286021124
>creator of video uses a prodigy song thats NOT smack my bitch up
its like he's teasing us
>>
>>286022232
Talion AD
>>
Does it really matter?
>>
>>286018584
You can't stop the future, pro-augmentation all the way.
>>
>>286022094
except with more people supporting augmentations more people can make them, meaning more companies like Sarif that aren't under the illuminati's thumb
>>
>>286018584
Sarif

If you didn't pick that too, you're the cancer that is keeping mankind from reaching the next step towards divinity
>>
>>286022310
Go back to bed, coldsteel.
>>
>>286021912
>muh humanity

Shut up Adam. You eat and shit like the rest of us.
>>
>>286022310
Alright Owlman
>>
Darrow
People have to know.
>>
>>286022334
No, see, the problem wasn't lack of people making them, it was Tai Yung Medical buying out every other augmentation company in the world after sabotaging them
>>
>>286019294
The Illuminacho still exists if you kill yourself, they'll just swoop in and try again later. Sarif and Truth are the best endings.
>>
File: 1423243074623.gif (272 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1423243074623.gif
272 KB, 250x250
>>286022334
>implying those companies wouldn't be started by the illuminati to keep the market in their control
>>
>completing this POS instead of quitting it by the time your augs got stolen

ISHYGDDT

FUCK HR, go play the original and forget this travesty of forced mechanics and shit level design ever happened.
>>
File: tumblr_nhkzd7wg3c1ql8t12o1_400.gif (2 MB, 400x449) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nhkzd7wg3c1ql8t12o1_400.gif
2 MB, 400x449
I picked the tell-the-truth option, because I'm a moralfag who cares about the truth, but this resulted in an ending cutscene where Jensen monologued a bunch of neo-luddite anti-aug bullshit that I completely disagreed with. It really irritated me that Jensen's rationalisation for the choice was aggressively at odds with my own.

Where's the Rorschach-style "the truth, no matter what" ending?
>>
>>286022334

They'd be bought out or sabotaged.
>>
>>286022291
thx
>>
I originally wanted to side with Sarif, but Taggart convinced me in the end.
>>
File: Racesofnirn.png (1 MB, 800x3176) Image search: [Google]
Racesofnirn.png
1 MB, 800x3176
>not siding with house
>>
>>286022613
It's bullshit how blowing yourself up is the "let the people decide" ending. Telling them everything and then letting them decide would be the best.
>>
File: 1424415758768.gif (3 MB, 240x180) Image search: [Google]
1424415758768.gif
3 MB, 240x180
>>286022472
>implying I ever asked to eat and shit
>implying I didn't just pound muscle milk and protein bars all goddamn day
>implying I didn't put talent points into my bowel augmentation that converts my shit into those little exploding balls I shoot out of orifices all over my robot body

Fuck you nigga.
>>
It's not the body that makes you human but your soul. It would be very shallow to think that the suit of flesh and bone that houses your soul was all that made you human.
>>
>>286023086
gay
>>
>>286021892
This
>>
>>286023245
Don't you want to be able to encase your soul into an immortal mechanical shell and live forever?
>>
Sarif because telling the truth is a whole bunch of anti aug shit that shouldn't have been in the speech

Plus, sarif was a bro
>>
>>286022917
I don't think so. Think about how information is processed these days. People only listen to what they want to listen and even then, most of that shit is filtered through the media. People will twist information to meet their agenda. All the truth will do is cause Anti-Augs to further rage and Pro-Augs to pull an SJW-esque #NotAllAugs protest on Futuretumblr.

Suicide is the only way. This goes for all the fags who decry this ending. You know humanity is too immature to handle the information, let alone the advanced technology. Think about that quote "It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here." Adam likely realized (at least in my mind) that humanity was doomed to lose progression to tech that replaced the need for humanity in the first place. He'd rather let nature take its course than try to subject it to any man's will.
>>
>>286018584
I like Darrow's idea, but simply telling everyone the truth won't accomplish a whole lot.
The Illuminate kike can go suck a dick.
There's no reason to kill yourself.
And then there's glorious Sarif, who's always ready to advance humanity, even if it means getting into Bobby's shit. It's clearly the best choice.
>>
File: Jameson.png (971 KB, 1160x738) Image search: [Google]
Jameson.png
971 KB, 1160x738
>>286023374

Aww yeah.
>>
>>286023086
>implying being human is the be all end all

I don't understand why people opposed to transhumanism oppose even object by stating that "we lose what it means to be human" when we augment ourselves. So what? We lose our human "essence?" Who cares? I'm a goddamn cyborg. I have the moral capacity of a human because of my thoughts, and I have the physical capacity a tank.

Strengths of both, weaknesses of neither.
>>
>>286023374
Of course I do. You just said it like a faggot.
>>
I did let mankind choose.
>>
File: seriously brah.jpg (76 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
seriously brah.jpg
76 KB, 640x360
>hundreds of thousands of people the world over are given horrifying hallucinations that cause them to lash out and kill people
>all those people they ended up killing
>all those that were killed by non-augs out of self defense
>all those people who suffered PTSD, either from inadvertently murdering someone or watching someone be brutally killed by a screaming lunatic
>all those lives destroyed because a tiny group of people wanted to rule the world
>lying to them to further an agenda

You're pretty terrible
>>
>>286023459
If it essentially doesn't really matter then you could at least not kill yourself and everyone on board.
>>
>>286023552
b-but the feeling of a soft breeze
>>
>>286023552
>implying everyone will have the moral capacity of a human

What happens when the immoral turn their tank-like robo-bodies against you? Then there is war, in war no one is innocent. It will just be the same old song and dance, really.
>>
>>286023552
>weaknesses of neither.

You're weak to EMPs now. Also I forget, do you have to charge those limbs or are they self sustaining for the most part?
>>
Can we all agree the the chose your own ending thing was stupid
Especially because this was a prequel
>>
File: 1404909599087.png (865 KB, 859x1214) Image search: [Google]
1404909599087.png
865 KB, 859x1214
>>286022917
Hell yeah, just Snowden it.
>>
>>286018584
I saved just before I had to choose and picked them all.
Scrubs.
>>
>>286023541
Imagine the hot jameson box on jameson box sex
>>
>>286023805
The Sarif Series 8 Energy Converter gives users the ability to maximize the energy available to any and all of their neuroaugmentations by transforming ordinary food to energy within augmentation-specific cells. With practice, these cells can increase in number and efficiency, ensuring that energy will always be there when needed.

Employing processes similar to those whereby the human digestive system converts organic nutrients from food into electrochemical energy, the Sarif Series 8 Energy Converter further adapts electrochemicals into neuroenhancement-specific potential, first creating discrete capacitors, and then charging those cells with augmentation-dedicated energy.
>>
>>286023681
If you realized that humanity was doomed, knew the truth about this conspiracy, and understood that the life you once had was forever gone, would you bother looking for a reason to live? Granted suicide was a selfish move, don't get me wrong, but at that point, I'd be all, "fuck it." Besides, he had to make sure that everyone involved couldn't undo his decision to allow humanity to progress without the information by surviving and blabbing.
>>
>>286023781
Then those who have the moral capacity of a human fight back.

So yeah, business as usual but more awesome because it involves cyborgs now.
>>
File: ArmstrongPP.png (487 KB, 972x807) Image search: [Google]
ArmstrongPP.png
487 KB, 972x807
Anit-Aug fags are fucking vermin.

You hippie-dippie faggots and your appeal to nature. Get the fuck out of here. If God didn't want us to augment ourselves then he wouldn't have created the tools and gave us the intelligence to do so. You pansy fucks are impeding the progress of mankind because you're afraid of a little nuts and bolts.

Fucking end yourself you tulip picking, prairie skipping shitbrains. You don't deserve to live in a future that you want to impede.
>>
>>286023781
That's why augs need an off switch. That's why anti-augs need the narrative told to them.

Everything will be fine as long as I'm in control.

>>286023805
There are ways to defend against EMPs in Deus Ex and it depends on how much you spent on your legs. Highly efficient batteries are expensive.
>>
>>286023781
No, everyone will have the inherently moral capacity of a human. Some will not be able to use it because of their seduction with their new abilities, of course, but it doesn't change the fact that people will still have the same ability to judge morality. The only way to remove that would be to destroy personality, and that's not readily done.
Thread replies: 112
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.