[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it cheating if you use the save function in emulators?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: 1320369661693.jpg (10 KB, 193x245) Image search: [Google]
1320369661693.jpg
10 KB, 193x245
Is it cheating if you use the save function in emulators?
>>
Yes.

Only legit use of save states is saving when you've just saved with the game (if it even has saving)
>>
If you're playing a game that does not have saves, and you're using them as legit save points as to emulate a saving system since today a saving system is required, then no.
>>
File: 1334168908561.png (22 KB, 311x283) Image search: [Google]
1334168908561.png
22 KB, 311x283
>tfw I use saves in emulators for games that have choices

No fucks given
>>
>>285756823
That's savescumming and its the only way to play a game with choices
>>
I only use the savestates on passwords screens.
>>
>>285757153
Only legit nigga here.
>>
File: image.jpg (56 KB, 430x534) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56 KB, 430x534
>>
>>285755714
depends on the game, if you are playing a long game like festers quest or blaster master, save states are ok if you are using them to eat/bathroom/go to work etc..not to go back caue you died
>>
>>285755714
I used to abuse save states every second when I was a kid but it's really just ruining the game for yourself unless you don't really care about playing the game the way you're supposed to.
>>
I had a friend in highschool who beat mike tyson by savescumming after every punch he landed and acted like it was the greatest accomplishment ever when he finally wo
>>
I save scum through SMT. I have no regrets.
>>
I beat Castlevania 3 on an emulator that had a rewind function, and I'd just rewind a second or two every time I died
>>
But of course.

The only way that doesn't count as cheating is like >>285755894
commented.
>>
File: 1329796221429.jpg (170 KB, 462x600) Image search: [Google]
1329796221429.jpg
170 KB, 462x600
>>285760071
>he thinks that's considered beating a game
>>
Of course it's cheating unless you can't save for some reason
>>
>>285755714
i save state so i dont have to watch the same, unskippable cutscene over and over again
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.