[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
30 minute video every 6 months about 10 seconds of video produced
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6
File: Anita-Sarkeesian-Screenshot.jpg (40 KB, 615x345) Image search: [Google]
Anita-Sarkeesian-Screenshot.jpg
40 KB, 615x345
30 minute video every 6 months

about 10 seconds of video produced per day

I wish I had a job that let me work 10 seconds a day. I don't even think I can jack off that quick most of the time.
>>
video games, you fucking retard
>>
Quality > Quantity
Besides, she has a full schedule traveling the world while you're stuck on your basement obsessing over her
And how does it feels knowing she makes 400k/year while you're scavenging Steam for shitty discounts and that gem crap? :^)
>>
>>285751985
>video games, you fucking retard

what?
>>
>>285752134

Well there are people that make an easy living stealing things but I don't envy them.
>>
>>285752134

What quality? Her arguments are completely retarded and you don't need donations to shoot those jank ass videos.
>>
>>285752623
>What quality? Her arguments are completely retarded and you don't need donations to shoot those jank ass videos.

She is armenian I think.

So are the Kardashians.

not going to say that the Ottomans were right... but you know
>>
>>285752326
>>285752623

I'm shitposting for fuck sake, stop acting as if anyone here defends that con artist
>>
>>285751985
Well, this IS kinda about video games.

That's all she's known for. Video games, and gamers reacting to her.
>>
>>285752901
>I'm shitposting for fuck sake, stop acting as if anyone here defends that con artist

She has nice eyebrows.
>>
>>285752901
>trolling 4chan
>people fall for it
>"oh wow man I'm just trolling, chill the fuck out"
>>
File: 1411817959976.jpg (13 KB, 270x285) Image search: [Google]
1411817959976.jpg
13 KB, 270x285
>>
>>285751776
You can also cut off your own dick and become a transgender, then play victim and claim gg is harrasing you. Then open up a pateron to collect free money.
>>
>>285751776
>Most of the time

If you can jack off in 10 seconds ever you have some serious issues.
>>
FORWARD SLASH
FORWARD SLASH VEE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSyIzGfTEBA
>>
>make completely bullshit, clickbait videos
>disable ratings and comments so that the only thing anyone sees when they open them is that they've been viewed tons of times
>claim that because of this, you've got a huge audience and trick people into thinking you're extremely relevant in the industry
>>
You're retarded
>>
>>285753947
>>claim that because of this, you've got a huge audience

but she does have a huge audience, regardless of whether the audience agrees with her or not.

Here we all are, talking about her.
>>
You just have to find a niche that feels underserved and is large enough to be used as a political coalition. Then say whatever stupid shit those people want to hear in public.
The Fox News approach.
>>
>>285752134
do you even know how 501c3 finances work
>>
>>285753560
>Then open up a pateron to collect free money
You do realize that 90% of the money in people like Zoe Quinn and Brianna Wu's patreons comes from themselves right? They donate it themselves to make their patreon look more legit and respectable. In reality they receive very little money.
>>
File: never ever.webm (233 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
never ever.webm
233 KB, 480x480
>anita will never kiss you

why even live?
>>
It's called being an indie dev
>>
>>285753157

Shitposting =/= trolling
>>
>>285752134

What quality?

She hasn't interviewed developers or publishers in the industry.

She hasn't interviewed women in the industry.

She hasn't questioned other enthusiast and gamers in America and beyond.

She hasn't even stepped out of her own house to do this.

All she has done is got a new transition swipe and some more makeup.

This isn't a documentary, it's a soapbox stand for her to have 15 minutes of fame on. And the sad thing is she could have done so much with the amount she got; she could have gone beyond just feminism/social values, she could have talked about the economics, the marketing etc. But she doesn't. She had an aim; "Video game representation of women is sexist." and she wanted to show that, but for all her criticizing she doesn't criticize the one, the most important, part of all; her own opinion. She has learnt nothing about this.
>>
>>285754453

Well, it worked for Internet Aristocrat.
>>
post feet
>>
You do realize that if you idiots didn't send her a bunch of death threats because she said bad things about your favorite games, no one would know who she was and she wouldn't be hanging with celebrities and raking in patreon money right now.

You created this.
>>
>>285751985
???
>>
>>285755636
see
>>285755084
Very few real people actually give them money.
>>
>>285755460

Yeah, and i'm sure you, a basement dwelling neckbeard posting on a bangladesh postit note, knows better than a college educated media critic professional
>>
>>285752818
>le genocide joke le funny
>>
>>285751985
Rules say you can also talk about video game culture here, which Anita here is a part of. Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>285755460

All those are things journalists are supposed to do, not an academic.
>>
>>285755528
Such a fucking underrated post
>>
>>285755174
She can kiss my asshole while I take a shit.
>>
>>285755084

>And I base this assertion on no credible evidence whatsoever.
>>
>>285755815
>if I say so it's true
>>
>>285755528

Who?
>>
File: dwcyb.jpg (27 KB, 585x722) Image search: [Google]
dwcyb.jpg
27 KB, 585x722
Senior animator on video games - 40 - 50k a year, at least 6 months of unpaid over time, possible bonus

Complaining about video games - 400k a year, 1 - 5 days of work a year.

Why even create?
>>
On some level you can deconstruct, unpack, and criticize the sexism inherent in anything ever. It won't affect anything but it'll make you feel better.

I never cared much for the social sciences myself.
>>
>>285755876
Gender studies isn't a professional degree.
>>
>>285755876

>college educated
>media critic
>professional
>>
>>285756663

>It isn't a degree if I don't like it.
>>
File: Theylive.jpg (41 KB, 1000x187) Image search: [Google]
Theylive.jpg
41 KB, 1000x187
>>285751776
>This fucking thread
>>
>>285756663
In the current economy what degree you have doesn't matter, you're unemployable all the same.
>>
>>285755876

Give me $170,000 and I'd be happy to go around the world interviewing people in developer/publishing studios.
>>
>>285755636
Anita isn't popular or relevant.

One of the biggest failures in thinking of GG is the idea that, because Anita or Brianna Wu get written up on some popular clickbait news aggregate website or even make the rare television appearance that they've captured the imaginations of mainstream America. These places are content factories, and their interest in these women or Gamegate at large is in how effective they are at generating views/clicks right here and now. They give literally zero shits about women in gaming, because they give zero shits about gaming.

That's part of why I'm always baffled by the anti-GG types and journalists who use "It's about ethics in game journalism" to mock Gamergate. The whole point of that meme is to mock the idea that people could ever be driven to activism by something as silly and superfluous (in their minds) as game journalism. It's a saying that mocks and dismisses the work they do for a living, yet they rally around it like it's a war cry.
>>
>>285757008
>give me shekels and I will pretend to be a shit-tier journalist while spending all the money on crack and whores
>>
>>285756913
that doesn't make it any less useless
>>
>>285757034

The whole ethics in game journalism started because the GG retards started literally saying that while not realizing how stupid they looked talking about ethics in that situation.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.