[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fucking fuck.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 5
File: xxl.jpg (20 KB, 499x341) Image search: [Google]
xxl.jpg
20 KB, 499x341
So I bought a new 3ds.
>Open the package
>No charger.
>Think it's a mistake
>Check
>New 3ds doesn't come with charger

Are you fucking shitting me? What type of gypsy ass shit is this?
Since when do consoles not come with a component VITAL to the use of it?
I understand that the charger is only $13, but its the principle. Nintendo you fucking cunts. Oh and the "faster processor" isn't even noticeable.
Cool, I saved a second opening netflix. whoopdiefuckingdoo. Thanks nintendo, you cunts.
>>
wow are so poor that you cant afford a 10 dollar charger?
>>
>>285747793
Soon, the next model of Xbox won't come with a controller. so poor you can't afford a $60 controller?
>>
>>285747696

It is a huge difference though, especially in games like Smash and MH4U. No charger is retarded though, what the fuck were they thinking.
>>
>>285748112
yes
>>
The reason there's no charger is because of a law that was passed in a region, cant remember which, which says that hand held gaming devices must all use standard mini-usb cables for charging. But nintendo found a loophole in this that they can get away with it by not including a charger.
>>
There's no way someone can defend this, it's a dick move that makes me mad.
Even some phones are being sold without charger but at least they use micro-usb which are common as fuck; it's ridicolous that Nintendo, with their own charging cable, won't include it.
>>
>>285748310
source?
>>
File: 1417327245231.jpg (49 KB, 604x604) Image search: [Google]
1417327245231.jpg
49 KB, 604x604
>>285747696
>don't need a charger
>price costs less than it would have with one
>need a charger
>buy a charger with it and price costs around how it would if they packaged it with one
>>
>>285748310
or all hand-held devices, can't remember, but ya. So it's easier for nintendo to not include chargers at all for any region.
>>
>>285748504
That's not how it works: packaging and everything make a product cost more.
That's why you pay a bundle with console + game less than the two things separated.
>>
But I already have 3. Why would I want to pay more for another charger that I don't need?
>>
>>285748559
then why does Apple put their own iPhone chargers in the boxes?
>>
>>285748492
Just search it. It's either a UK or EU thing that started with, I think, the DSi.
>>
>>285748310
That only applies to phones. Also Nintendo were doing this with the 3DS XL before this law happened.
>>
>>285748754
you != everyone
>>
>>285748441
Nah I can't defend it. Nintendo did it because they didn't want to build a micro-USB charger into the N3DS/XL. It was either that, not sell the product in yurop, or sell the charger separately.
I still can't believe they didn't release the smaller model in the US, then literally told us "less options is more options" and the marketing director kept insisting the original 3DS was still in production, while forgetting the XL existed. Fucking assholes.
>>
>>285748829
You can still do it, but there's a considerable fee.
>>
I already owned a charger so I didn't think this was too big a deal. Then I went to my local game store and tried to sell my old 3ds, they said they couldn't accept it without a charger.

So I ended up buying a second charger just so I could sell my old 3ds.

Honestly this is dumb and bullshit, especially since I haven't even SEEN a single charger for sale anywhere in my town, I had to buy mine online.
>>
>>285747696
It's okay when Nintendo does it
>>
That's post-2006 Nintendo for you. Ass-backwards beyond belief. At least now that "more powerful processor" makes the graphics slightly less than a PSP than significantly less.

>Nintendo
>in charge of making any hardware past 2006
>>
Not saying you're wrong, but come on, man.
We've been complaining forever.
Don't act like this is news.
>>
>>285749050
>So I ended up buying a second charger just so I could sell my old 3ds.
holy shit I never thought about this, so if I resell my 3ds I'll have to buy another charger too. Fucking hell.
>>
>>285748504
Somehow they managed to sell the old 3ds XL systems with chargers for $200.
Regardless, I would rather pay $212.99 for a new 3ds XL with a charger that was at least upfront about its price and it come with everything I fucking need to play the damn thing.
>>
>>285747696
Why blame Nintendo for you being an idiot...

Everyone knows that it does not come with a charger, you know that there is thing called internet that you are using right now, you had many ways to find that out.

Nintendo is cunt because you're an idiot?!...
>>
>>285749191
Yeah, thankfully I made 120$ off it, I just had to wait 2 weeks for the damn charger to get to me.
>>
>>285749092
Not OP but I honestly thought they learnt their lesson with the 3DS XL.
>>
>>285749261
>...
don't, just stop.
>>
I can't believe you idiots that are defending nintendo claiming how it would cost them sooo much more to put a fucking charger in the fucking box like every other product ever invented. There's no reason why we should put up with this, otherwise we might as well lube up for more.
>>
>>285749608
No one is defending Nintendo you idiot, read the thread.
>>
>>285749261
Even if he didn't do his research it's still retarded that it doesn't come with a charger, you can play it till it runs out of energy, then it's a brick.

Yes, you can buy a new charger, but I've never seen a single store selling new chargers, at all. So you have to wait a few days to get it delivered to you after you buy it online, it's dumb.
>>
>>285749261
So I should check the internet to make sure every single product I buy has a charger/power supply?
What a dumbass.
>>
>>285749667
But that would harm my narrative, retard.
>>
>playing your 3ds past the first charge
>>
>>285749843
you could also just check the box you buy in the store.

stop being a dumbass.

and yes, if you have more than an IQ of 100, you check exactly what the fuck you're about to buy all the time.
>>
File: 1425413536107.jpg (35 KB, 390x261) Image search: [Google]
1425413536107.jpg
35 KB, 390x261
>>285750248
>playing your 3ds
>>
>>285749735
The way he reacted shows that he didn't do the research, it has been said on directs, it has been on game portals/news, on the box and on commercials too...

It is not "retarded" you idiot, it is only unfair to individuals that never owned a DSi or 3DS handhelds.

Your second paragraph is just stupid, if he did the research and hasn't owned a DSi or 3DS then he could have ordered it and bought N3DS when the charger arrived and you don't need to buy a charger, just buy a adapter and charge it on your laptop or use your smartphone/tablet charger that has USB port on it for supporting different connections.

>>285749843
Well if you want to skew the context of my reply, fine since you're a dumbass because why not buy a product before checking, lets not see what is the size of the product, its specifications, how much battery lasts... Lets not do that when we are buying cars, computers, furniture, our apartments, pets, etc.
>>
>random junkie asshole steals 3ds from my room
>leaves the charger
i don't know if i should be mad at my dealer roommate or thank him for giving me an excuse to buy a new 3dsxl
>>
The faster CPU is definitely noticeable but only if you've used an older 3DS

Otherwise you wouldn't be able to tell so much
>>
>>285750536
Unless this is your first day on earth, it's safe to assume that a television comes with a power cable.
A ipod will come with a charger
A car will come with a battery
Then there's you.
>Excuse me mr.best buy employee? Does this TV come with a power cord? Can I look at the box to make sure.

You sound like a cunt.
>>
>>285750536
I hope that guy does not start collecting old PC's/hardware, he will either fry them or have a brick, running PAL hardware on NTSC would damage/fry or just would't start with different voltages and wattage.
>>
File: 80.jpg (155 KB, 806x578) Image search: [Google]
80.jpg
155 KB, 806x578
>>285751134
Do you not look at the packaging of what you buy?
It clearly says its not included right there on the front of the box.
>>
>>285747696
>Oh and the "faster processor" isn't even noticeable.
Seriously, what the fuck.
>Ace Combat Assault Horizon Legacy+ is a slightly enhanced port made for the N3DS
>Massive slowdown whenever a plane explodes close to you
How shitty was the original game's performance?
>>
>>285751134
You are such a man child...

If you bought hardware from Europe and ran it in US/JP standards then you would have either damaged/fried it or it would't ran at all because you need a converter, not everything is universal and you are an idiot for allowing yourself to be ignorant.

Nintendo stated that it is aimed primarily at previous owners of 3DS and that people that owned a DSi would't need to buy a charger.

If you are going to cry about 13$ or less then I wonder if you own a Vita and if you have been in a shock when you saw prices of proprietary memory cards...
>>
Nintendo not including a charger was a dick move, but OP is a fucking retard as this was heralded from the rooftops for weeks.
>>
>You literally can't use the system you just bought without another purchase

I don't see how this is at all acceptable.

>>285752149

The memory card shit was retarded as well, but just because someone else fucked up as well does not make this fuck up any less retarded.
>>
I bought this fucking peice of shit and when i oppened the box there wasnt even a game in it! dick move nintendo, every nintendo console comes with a fucking game! now im sitting here with this fucking brick basically, seriously fuck you nintendo!
>>
>>285752562
Nintendo not including a charger for a refresh is not a dick move at all. It is a refresh and not a new system it is like Ivy Bridge to Haswell, you don't need a new motherboard.
>>
>>285749050
>work at Toys R Us
>We get 12 New 3DS
>No chargers
>Have been sold out of chargers for months
>List 8 sales already because people went to a store that had chargers

There is seriously no way to defend a system not including a vital component that is required to use the system. Considering every other device on the planet that requires charging, includes a charger/cable.
>>
>>285747696
Lemme guess... you're from 'murica?
>>
>>285752821
To save you money if you already had a charger, which is a very likely situation for a system that's just a new version of an existing system.

The alternative is including the chargers and kicking the price up.
>>
>>285749843
Yes you should be an informed consumer on everything you buy.
>>
>>285753512

Considering it wouldn't be as large of a hike as the charger sold separately, it would only be $5 or $10 at the most. Which is nothing when you're buying a $230 system.

Considering it's REQUIRED to use the system, I am sure no one would mind the price bump.

Even people with chargers could now trade in/sell old devices and save more than the extra cost. That or just have a second charger, since they go missing.
>>
>>285752998
It kinda is tho, as at least in NA there's no sort of legal requirement to seperate the two.

I am pretty much a self admitted Nintendrone and even I wouldn't defend this shit man, come on.
>>
I didn't mind it actually, since I already had a 3ds charger of my own, and one of those unoffical chargers with three different ends (3DS, DS and...PSP for some reason), so I really didn't need another one.

But I got sent a free one anyway when I bought a New 3ds from Nintendo's official store.
>>
>>285752821
You don't see it because you are an ignorant stupid individual that can't care for himself.

What Sony did with Vita involving proprietary memory cards is simply stupid while what Nintendo did was not because they pointed out it and the game media too, it is written on the box and on the web.

There is no excuse for ignorance in this day and age in first world country where you can access world wide web even from a "dumb phone" that costs less than 40-50$ or even less.

You have public libraries with access to the world wide web.

New Nintendo 3DS was advertised as an upgrade for users of Original Nintendo 3DS, what Nintendo did was to apply same thing as they did in Japan. Why should the west have privilege over east?
>>
>>285754214

You think the vita hid the fact it needed a memory card?

It was written on the box as well. Infact, it was more obvious that the N3DS warning. It is also labled on every Vita game that requires it. It's also not 100% required.
Yes it was stupid, but so is no charger.

Also, it's a save assumption that a product you buy includes the accessory that is required to use it. Yes, you can easily look it up and see that you'd need to buy one, but that requires you to know you need to look something up. Most people rightfully assume you'll be able to use the shit you just bought.

Take off your fucking fanboy blinders.
>>
File: 1423042303097.jpg (59 KB, 797x729) Image search: [Google]
1423042303097.jpg
59 KB, 797x729
>>285754738
>Most people rightfully assume you'll be able to use the shit you just bought

they would assume right, since you can start the N3DS right out of the box, anon ;^)

you wanna keep being a fucking idiot some more while you're anonymous and get away with it?
>>
>>285753213
You're right. There isn't.

And frankly, if any of you had the balls to sue them, they would 100% lose because they sold you a product that is guaranteed not to work after x amount of hours which is borderline fraud, definitely misrepresentation, and certainly a breach of merchantability and possibly fitness for a particular purpose.
>>
>>285755002

For 2 hours at the most.

>Oh it's fine then because you get 2 hours out of your $230 (+game) gaming device!

You probably shouldn't have let Nintendo skullfuck you so hard, it has impaired your mental capacities.
>>
>>285753892
Look, if you want to believe I am defending it then you are free to believe in that lie of yours.

It is not a "dick" move and stop lying to yourself, if you thought about it(actually thought about it) for a few moments.

Is New Nintendo 3DS a brand new system of a New generation? It's not as it is a refresh and selling your original Nintendo 3DS is just moronic, it is always good to have a back up in case you break the one you use and you could at least play retail games that you own while your main one is being fixed/replaced...
>>
>>285747696
serves your right for buying toys, manchild
>>
>>285755335
>b-b-but for only 2 hours!!!!

i'm still right though, anon ;^)

>>285755148
>buy a toy that's electronic
>"batteries not included"
>"TONS OF FUN!" on the front of the box
>WOW THEY LIED TO ME, I HAVE TO KEEP BUYING THIS EXTRA THING TO HAVE THE TONS OF FUN
>LETS SUE THEM!

you're age is showing
>>
>>285755640
>batteries
>the same as a propitiatory charging cable
>>
Its okay if Nintendo does it!
>>
>>285755842
you're right, it's worse

you should be thankful all you need to do is buy 1 charger than multiple batteries for the rest of your life
>>
>Oh and the "faster processor" isn't even noticeable.
Loading in Smash is like a 4th of what it used to. MH4 is also much faster, and runs at a constant 60 FPS rather than the 30 or whatever it ran on the OG 3DS.
>>
>>285753213
>no chargers

That's not Nintendo's fault that your store is fucking shit at stocking it's shit up
>>
Nintenyearolds will defend this

I don't mind buying a charger, but the price better damn well reflect that.

>INB4 it does
>>
>>285755523
Where was this line of thinking during the DS Lite/DSi then? I mean, those weren't new systems either but they were fine with including chargers back then.

It's clearly Nintendo tightening their belts a bit and trying to cut corners on the costs. They're not looking out for the consumer here. I can't believe you'd try to feed me that line while accusing me of being delusional at the same time.
>>
Yes, it's retarded, but I'm pretty sure it says on the box in several places that it doesn't come with a charger.
>>
>>285749087
>Satoru Iwata in charge of not running Nintendo into the dirt
>>
>>285747696
Welcome to what the EU territories have been dealing with for over a decade.
>>
>there are people that defend a device not including a component that is required for it's use
>despite every other similar device having such a component

This board truly is NintendoGAF
>>
You were warned months ahead of time. This is why we can't have nice things

Now go on amazon, and buy one for $6+almost no shipping
>>
The real question here is why the fuck was that asinine law passed regarding chargers?
>>
>>285755148
>they would 100% lose
Who can afford the better lawyer, Nintendo or some anonymous asshole?
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.