[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>That game you hate but everyone else loves What's that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 12
File: Saber pissed 5.png (174 KB, 380x474) Image search: [Google]
Saber pissed 5.png
174 KB, 380x474
>That game you hate but everyone else loves

What's that little shite's name, /v/?
>>
File: 1411098478633.jpg (25 KB, 433x380) Image search: [Google]
1411098478633.jpg
25 KB, 433x380
Why would you hate a video game?
Not like, sure.
But hate.
>>
Borderlands, League of Legends.
>>
Super Mario.
>>
>>285672971

Because its everywhere. People talk about it at work, people talk about it on the grocery store line, your dad asks if you play it, holy shit, why everyone like Assassin's Creed so much.
>>
Fire Emblem the whole series. It's bullshit RNG the game.
>>
>>285672776
Red Dead Redemption. Oh my fucking god, Red Dead Redemption.

This game is shit in the exact same way that every other Rockstar game is shit and yet it regularly makes /v/'s GOAT lists and 3x3s.
>>
File: baldur's gate 2.jpg (94 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
baldur's gate 2.jpg
94 KB, 800x600
Morrowind

to me, dice/chance to hit combat works better when it's not first person.
>>
>>285672776
Co-workers: GTA
/v/: Monster Hunter

GTA was only really ever fun with cheat codes and mayhem, the story and characters were always garbage.
Monster Hunter sells itself on the big fights but the amount of bullshit you have to do before you get to anything good kills my interest whenever I try it. It's more sizzle than steak.
>>
I don't really hate it, but Deus Ex is seriously the most overrated game ever. Also I don't think Invisible War deserves the hate it gets, and Human Revolution is definitely underrated.
>>
Five Nights at Freddie's
>>
Final Fantasy VIII.

Great soundtrack but everything else is garbage.
>>
The binding of isaac/BOI:rebirth
It gets so boring after you play it a few times, either you get a combo of items that wipe every room out, or you die to a boss because all your items are shit.
>>
h-hi saber
>>
Guilty Gear. It doesn't really look good at all. I keep hearing the mechanics are great but it's too retarded and weeby. I tried BB too but it's still too weeby.
>>
>>285675721

Assassin's creed. the most fucking boring game i've ever played. yet it gets GOTY up the ass. fuck ubisoft
>>
>>285676081
>>285675721
didn't mean to quote
>>
call of duty.
>>
>>285673273
>Because its everywhere.

Hipster garbage, literally the cancer killing this board for years.
Second only to people who accuse everyone of being a shill for talking about video games
>>
Deus Ex
>>
>>285676326

If everyone suddenly started talking about how eating shit is great I bet you wouldn't call it hipster garbage.
>>
Skyrim.
Rocksteady Batman.
Battlefield post bc2.
Skate series.
DotA.
Half Life 2.
Bioshock. Series as a whole.
Castlevania series.
Final Fantasy 12 & 7.
L4D2.
Max Payne.
Halo 4.
>>
Morrowind and Skyrim. I liked Oblivion though, which is weird.
ASSFAGGOTs (I used to get a lot of fun out of LoL but not anymore).
Assassin's Creed games
Mass Effect and Dragon Age series' as a whole. I enjoyed DA:O for the most part. Never liked any of ME.
>>
File: Saber ahoge whoosh.png (56 KB, 333x387) Image search: [Google]
Saber ahoge whoosh.png
56 KB, 333x387
>>285675721
What?
>>
Half life and GTA. Fuck this games.
>>
>>285672776
Senran, the vita is pretty much only good for anime games and I have had fun with p4g, soul sacrifice, freedom wars, and even LBP (despite the shitty touch screen and rear touch gimicks). I honesty can not play the game, I want to like it but the combat is so confusing and the camera is awful I can barely compleate to tutorials because I can't get past stuff that requires me to do a specific move because it won't count it when I hit them. I have tried to play it at least 15 different times and each time I just can't enjoy it.
>>
>>285672776
Xenoverse.

This game is the grindiest garbage in the universe. Spent four hours trying to get the final Dragon Ball.
>>
Zelda.
>>
File: 1407224665977.jpg (14 KB, 332x450) Image search: [Google]
1407224665977.jpg
14 KB, 332x450
>>285674331
This so much, its barely a game if you ask me
>>
File: Chance the Stallion - Flared.png (153 KB, 256x257) Image search: [Google]
Chance the Stallion - Flared.png
153 KB, 256x257
>>285677308
the grinding is a little irritating for me but what I can't stand is the online being shit, they had plenty of time since the beta to fix this shit. I have heard excuses like they didn't know it was going to be this popular. Come on son, its a fucking dragonball game how do you expect that not to be super popular.
>>
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Not hate, but just don't get.
>>
Assassin creed
It's probably the most casual, overrated video game series ever existed. I really can't understand why plebs love the series so much
>>
File: Grand_Theft_Auto_V.png (157 KB, 250x308) Image search: [Google]
Grand_Theft_Auto_V.png
157 KB, 250x308
It's the most dull GTA by far.
>>
>>285677024
Half-Life has the worst fucking intro of any game I've ever played. Holy shit.
>literally sit on a tram and do nothing for 10 minutes straight
>walk around for a little bit, get your suit and shit
>wait for people to open doors for you
>finally get to action
>the enemies are retarded and the pistol is shit
>level is entirely a linear corridor
>have to rescue scientists so I can wait for them to open doors for me
>was riding an elevator when absolutely nothing killed me
No other game has a worse intro than this. Nothing. Deus Ex's first level is pretty bad, but at least it's a decent introduction to the game, with a legendary opening sequence (that you can skip if you just want to get right into the game!) and the level itself giving you a few options and having plenty of secrets to find. The first time I didn't even feel like sitting through the tram ride, but I later forced myself through it, hoping that when I got to gameplay, it would be as good as people say.
>>
FF X
X-2 was good except for the secret ending
>>
File: baal flintstone.jpg (17 KB, 400x309) Image search: [Google]
baal flintstone.jpg
17 KB, 400x309
It took me years to make my peace with Minecraft, and mentions of League still assblast me.
>>
File: Saber and lover.jpg (144 KB, 901x740) Image search: [Google]
Saber and lover.jpg
144 KB, 901x740
Now that you got banned on /a/ you shitpost up /v/?
>>
>>285679229
My home away from home.
>>
>>285672776
Mount and Blade
The entire series is just mind numbing, like a poorly written Morrowind mod with somehow worse combat and controls.
>>
>>285679229
full image pls
>>
Assfaggots IRL

Dark cloud 2 on /v/...the characters are shit, the setting is some faggot looking Paris, the sidequests are a pain
>>
If we can count VNs as games, OP's image is very fitting, Fate is total fucking shit.
>>
F/SN
>>
Pokemon is terrible.
>>
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 250x247) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 250x247
And I'm proud to have it in my collection
>dat cute lil clown and his silly animations
>>
>>285679769
The first route is shit, even the writer said he would completely redo it if he could.
The second and third are much better
>>
File: Ready to Die and Born Again.jpg (94 KB, 601x537) Image search: [Google]
Ready to Die and Born Again.jpg
94 KB, 601x537
>>285679769
Fate gave me a nice White girl getting deflowered by fanart.
>>
>>285680098
Nope, it's full on crap, half-assed harem set in a complete shaman king ripoff world. Though I guess it's not as shit as Zero, but then it's not humanly possible to write as bas as gen.
>>
Shadow of the Colossus
Chrono Trigger
>>
>>285680345
I;m sorry.

Not even being sarcastic here.
>>
>>285680345
People hate sotc and chrono trigger? I personally love both..
>>
>tfw nothing Rockstar has ever put out looked even remotely interesting to you

How they get so many people to suck their dick is beyond me. So to answer OP's question, [insert Rockstar game here]. Any of them will do.
>>
>>285680467
I see that they are good games and I really tried to get into them, but they were really not enjoyable for me. Which is strange, because for instance, I really like Ico and Chrono Cross. You can't like everything I guess.
>>
File: 1419290181706.gif (542 KB, 311x283) Image search: [Google]
1419290181706.gif
542 KB, 311x283
>>285680345
>hate
>Chrono Trigger
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.