[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Friendly reminder that in the far future kids will "play"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 54
File: valve vive.jpg (17 KB, 580x297) Image search: [Google]
valve vive.jpg
17 KB, 580x297
Friendly reminder that in the far future kids will "play" VR games that are basically just our everyday life so that they can remember the days when they could go outside to play. At the rate we're fucking up the planet it will probably happen in about 20 years.
>>
>>285509113
I will have probably killed myself by then, anyways.
>>
Luckily nobody here will have to worry about their descendents playing Virgin Simulator 3000.
>>
20 years? Is there a way to speed things up?
>>
File: not good.jpg (90 KB, 679x657) Image search: [Google]
not good.jpg
90 KB, 679x657
>>285510451
Get North Korea to launch some nukes at the US
>>
>>285509113
What a clever, original and edgy thought you have there, anon. Did you came up with that all by yourself? Why don't you hang it up on the fridge so that everyone can see it?
>>
File: durfGom.jpg (35 KB, 640x432) Image search: [Google]
durfGom.jpg
35 KB, 640x432
>the year 2034
>kids get home from school
>boot up their favorite VR
>proceed to simulate hanging out in liquor store parking lots

alternatively

>at recess
>kid equips his VR headset
>proceeds to play virtual pickup basketball with his friends
>>
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metaverse

This is going to become a thing and it's going to be glorious.

The fact is smartphones mean we're already in a cyberpunk future, it's just going to get more obvious in the next few years.

I'm hype as fuck.
>>
File: systemshock 2 hybrid.jpg (23 KB, 700x525) Image search: [Google]
systemshock 2 hybrid.jpg
23 KB, 700x525
>>285511507
>"brb smoke break" will change to "brb oxygen break" cause we'll be living underground
or
>"brb gotta move locations before rogue AIs/killer robots find me"
>>
Have any of you seen the Red Dwarf episode Better Than Life?
>>
>>285509113
You're right about not leaving your house in the future, but it won't be because of pollution.
It will be because of food riots.
>>
>>285512278
>Not having enough dosh to get that shit shipped in while living in a middle class suburb

Worrying about food is for the poor.
>>
>>285509113
You should make a game based on that
>>
>buy brand new Galaxy S50
>plug in VR cable into my cranial game port
>boot up Third Life™
>proceed to walk outside and follow the augmented reality HUD projected into my brain
>get a journal update, I'll be late for work unless I'm there in 5 minutes
>have to sprint all the way
>+2 stamina
>arrive at work in the nick of time
>clock in and get started working
>United Samsung MegaGlobal is paying me to further their glorious agenda of getting everyone Connected™ to The Network™
>spam everyone I know with Samsung ads all day
>$40 has been added to my bank account
>+1 life experience
>clock out and leave to head home
>WARNING INCOMING GAME WARNING INCOMING GAME
>The South Side Bloods are fighting for control of the drug distribution rights to this block
>choose to run away(+3 stamina, -3 courage) or stay and fight with the possibility of permadeath and whatever loot your kills drop
>while trying to decide what to do I walk into a street sign and cut open the bridge of my nose
>I need stitches
>$800 has been subtracted from my bank account

The future will be glorious, /v/.
>>
>>285512201

No, but I saw the one where Lister used cheat codes to bang the queen, so I'm stoked for that future.
>>
>>285512460
That's what I'm saying.
You'll get it delivered if you're poor.
If you're rich, you'll just grow food in vitro or 3D print it.
But if you leave your gated community, you will be killed.
>>
File: 1423730239241.jpg (896 KB, 1504x1000) Image search: [Google]
1423730239241.jpg
896 KB, 1504x1000
The only people left with a grip on reality will be the 3rd world countries mud spawns and the jews.

I can't wait.
>>
>>285512639
Based Red Dwarf.

There's actually a book that details Better Than Life a lot more. It has it being treated as a drug, as it has addictive qualities. Why would you want to live in the real world when you could live in a perfect fake?
>>
>>285512914
Unless you're armed to the teeth and you go out hunting humans.
Who needs VR?
>>
>>285512496

>molyneux.jpg
>>
>>285512914
Why should I need to leave?
>>
>>285513001

>tfw those assholes declare a jihad on 3D utopia because that's what they do
>>
>>285513207
You won't. We're on the same page here.
I'm just saying, it's poverty that will make the world unlivable, not pollution.
>>
VR is cool and all but I'm more interested in Augmented Reality. It has so much potential to revolutionize everything we do
>>
File: 1416764329197.png (66 KB, 834x600) Image search: [Google]
1416764329197.png
66 KB, 834x600
Can't wait to play janny simulator and consume hotpockets while enjoying the meme DLCs.
>>
I was just watching this and thinking: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMzoryySJps

What if museums jumped on the VR bandwagon? Just think, you could see a ruined castle and then put on a headset and see a render of how it would have been back in the day.

For some reason I think that would be a really interesting use of the tech.
>>
>>285513430

Not sure how invisible Miku dancing on a pizza box is going to lead to other things.
>>
>>285513430
AR needs VR before it'll be possible, but I agree. A constant feed of information overlayed on our reality? Sign me the fuck up.
>>
>>285509113
>fucking up the planet it will probably happen in about 20 years.
More like a 100-200 years
But yeah sure I can see it
>>
>>285512623
to look spooky
>>
So does this possibly help alleviate some fears about Facebook's involvement with Oculus?
http://www.amd.com/en-us/innovations/software-technologies/technologies-gaming/vr

Sounds like it makes it so all the stuff Oculus' service does is handled instead by the GPU.
>>
Why can't they just throw cameras in there and do augmented reality?
>>
>>285514593
is FB wants to spy on your shit, rest assured they'll find a way to do it.
>>
>>285514593
I don't think that was the main concern
>>
>>285514593
What else would it be handled by anon? Do you know how computers work?
People are worried about what you have to do for the drivers. (but even then people could theoretically develop their own, so I don't really understand the concern).
>>
>>285509113
>kids will play games where life is ordinary and boring

your fucking stoned
>>
>>285516508
They will in Germany. They already do.
>>
>>285516508
Tell that to the kids in the middle east who hate clear blue skies cause that means drone strikes can happen that day.
>>
>>285517063
We got ourselves a live on over here, boys.
>>
What if we're currently all in VR right now, and the new VR headsets by valve were created to snap us back into reality, cancelling out the virtual comas we're all in
>>
File: 7xr9jQO.png (234 KB, 386x362) Image search: [Google]
7xr9jQO.png
234 KB, 386x362
>>285517768
Shit man. Shit.
>>
>They adapt pic related with a hip mounted frame for the same function as those walking plates.

>Not only does it provide upward force to feet when they hit the 'ground' but the user's virtual weight can be adapted, meaning they can run and jump better than in real live.

>With this active encouragement and adjustment, gamers become /fit/ as fuck.
>>
File: dyson-sphere-artist-2.jpg (975 KB, 1400x788) Image search: [Google]
dyson-sphere-artist-2.jpg
975 KB, 1400x788
>Wah wah wah muh nature muthfucka

Who gives a shit, I say we strip the earth down to it's core and rebuild it in a way that is suited for us, our own garden of eden with us as it's master.
>>
>>285519085
We should be putting all possible efforts into expediting the process of turning humanity into a tier III civilization on the Kardashev scale.
>>
>>285518201
This is similar to the idea I had for building a mech.
Force feedback is a great idea for robot control because you can sidestep a lot of AI programming you'd have to do otherwise, but if you implement it in videogames it actually means a fuckload more work because you have to create a fairly accurate physics simulation in addition to integrating all of the input that the exoskeleton is giving off.
>>
>>285514285
I'd be all over it until the technology starts merging with biology
Fuck all that shit
Fancy contacts you can take in and out would be rad
>>
File: 9hnvab.png (18 KB, 379x214) Image search: [Google]
9hnvab.png
18 KB, 379x214
>>285509113
>Soon I'll be able to drop my bullshit life full of negativity, sadness, and depression for a fake world full of happiness

I for one welcome our virtual overlords.
>>
>>285518201
This is something I've been thinking. We need a better movement system

>>285519820
Agreed. I wear contact lenses already so I'm prepared for AR lenses.
>>
I can't wait for VR as escapism. I work on ships and the idea of jumping into a virtual paradise at the end of a watch is brilliant.
>>
>>285520068
Move into a storage unit. Subsist on ramen, beans, and multivitamins.
The world is your oyster.
>>
>>285520549
I've basically done this, but I live at home. And replace beans with tuna.
>>
>>285509113
>At the rate we're fucking up the planet
Global Warming idiot, plz leave and join the ozone depletion idiots in the corner.
>>
>>285520549
I've tried (or more had) to consist on mainly ramen for a long time.

There's only so long you can eat the same shit everyday until your body won't let you eat anymore.
Just thinking about the taste of the ramen makes me sick now.
I used to fucking love it before then.
>We makes pets eat the same shit day after day
Don't know how they do it.
>>
>>285520549
>>285520941
>Not getting a nice big house and building a secret VR room behind a hidden door

"Videogames? Oh, no, those are for children."
>>
>>285521817
Because they're dumb animals?

My dog just eats anything anyway, food is literally his favourite thing in the world.
>>
>>285520549
>ramen
It's like you WANT him to die from sodium overdose.
>>
File: 1407351954616.jpg (14 KB, 191x246) Image search: [Google]
1407351954616.jpg
14 KB, 191x246
complete annihilation can't come any sooner

can't wait to see the horrible and painful death of our civilization
>>
>>285521964
This. They're 90% MSG, I don't know how people can eat them regularly.
>>
>>285521817
most pets still have the "if it's food you gotta eat it now" mentality still in their genes from when they didn't know when their next meal would be. But yea, it's not a good idea so skimp out on food for your pets, it would be like a person eating bottom shelf food like vienna sausages and potted meat every meal every day (which are pretty good on occasion). First class trip to most likely cancer.
>>
>>285522365
Here you can get a 12 pack for 2 bucks
That's probably one of the big reasons
>>
File: sentinel.jpg (895 KB, 1104x1472) Image search: [Google]
sentinel.jpg
895 KB, 1104x1472
>>285522307
How do you wanna see the world go, anon? With a bang or with a whisper?
>>
>At the rate we're fucking up the planet it will probably happen in about 20 years.

Lol it's not my planet so I don't care
>>
>>285522307
I can't wait.

What I find interesting is that "normies" are interested in this stuff too. We're reaching cyberpunk primarily because the world as a whole is jumping on the tech bandwagon. When AR takes off it'll be adopted by a much wider variety of people than we think.
>>
>>285511507
>kids get home from school
In the future all schools will be online through something like a Skype conference call and everyone will be able to see each other through their TV's.
>>
>>285522545
I hate to be that guy but fruit and veg are cheaper, and a lot better. If you're on a budget.
>>
File: baby's toy.png (349 KB, 500x334) Image search: [Google]
baby's toy.png
349 KB, 500x334
>Kids in the next 10-20 years are going to grow up with VR as the norm. Screens for video games and controllers are going to be considered retro.

This is only the beginning.
Welcome to 2015.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMy1zO8m8sM
>>
>>285509113
>2015
>"climate change "
>>
>VR and AR are going to be a thing long before androids and AI exist

Don't think anyone saw that coming.
>>
>>285522549
>Live in Arizona
>For the last 3 years keep having vivid and super realistic dreams of a giant wave coming from California
>Think it's just bs
>Dreams keep happening
>Each one is more and more vivid

It's starting to fuck with me a tad. It's one thing to have a dream about a giant wave of water coming out of nowhere. But it's another to have the same wave of water come from the same direction but in different ways.
>>
>>285509113
VR is going to be a gimmick like 3D TV's and used almost exclusively for gimmicky things and ultra-hardcore games.

Most people don't want to sit around their house, with a fucking headset on completely isolated from the outside world. Everyone knows as soon as OR and other VR comes out, Youtube is going to be flooded with videos of people fapping and doing weird shit while not realize they are being recorded.

I am looking forward to the Rift, but there is no way in my fucking house where I have little to no privacy from my family that I would be using it any longer than some short stints.
>>
File: mickey.jpg (153 KB, 615x1279) Image search: [Google]
mickey.jpg
153 KB, 615x1279
If a 4chan metaverse were made, what would it be like and where would you hang out?

Virtual reality role-playing is my dream, so I'd go to /tg/.
I can imagine /v/, /b/, /s4s/ and /r9k/ being post-modern hells.
>>
>>285523493
In the future we won't need a headset.
>>
>>285509113
>20 years
>Not 200 and that's being optimistic

Do you have any idea what kind of neuroscientific breakthroughs need to happen in order to implement VR beyond "glue screen to your face"? A complete understanding of the human brain, its function and ability to digitalize the data it receives and sends out needs to be reached first. And fat chance "gamers" will be the first recipients of this bullshit even should it happen. Most of it will go into medical or military use and only later and with much luck it will share the fate of the internet and from a secret military project turn into a commodity.

Tl;dr keep dreaming. It's not going to happen in several generations. Chances are mankind will wipe itself out in a horrific conflict or blast itself back to stone age before we'll see true VR.
>>
>>285523614

What If Our Eyes Are Headsets
>>
>>285513001
>They try to take over America
>America initiates another draft.
>Only this time, we have advanced robotic attack units that can be remotely controlled from hundreds of miles away.
>Everyone drafted just get to sit at home and control killer robots from afar while using their VR headsets to kill the rest of the world and laughing as they do so because it's just a game to them.
>>
>>285523534
It exists. It's called Second Life. It's full of girly boys, sharks and other sexual deviants. And that's just /vg/ alone.
>>
>>285522549

A painful screech.
>>
>>285523835
>It's full of girly boys

Don't you mean fuccbois
>>
File: 1424078812418.jpg (213 KB, 1000x676) Image search: [Google]
1424078812418.jpg
213 KB, 1000x676
>>285511219
North Korea can't launch nuclear missiles, and even if they could they'd get shot down by AEGIS before they could get far enough away from North Korea for the fallout to not come right back into their face.

I don't know where people get this idea that China and North Korea are nuclear weapon super-powers when their militaries would be dated and incompetent even during WW2. People worrying about them is the same as people worrying Nigeria may launch a super-sophisticated smart satellite that can pinpoint all threats to Nigeria and eliminate them with a high powered laser that can connect from low orbit.

The only thing it'd be hard to do is invade either country, and we don't even need to do that. We could starve them out far more effectively and easily.

As for China they'll likely fall due to economic weight and either Russia or India will suck in all the resources they can while the USA will have to vulture in and will probably establish a "democratic state" where they can employ workers for even less.
>>
>>285523474
>super realistic dreams of a giant wave coming from California

its time for you to learn to swim anon
>>
>>285522849
Wow, Frodo is looking right into the camera in this frame.
>>
Sure is edgy in here.

People aren't all that bad, stop watching the news all night.
>>
>>285523474
You're well above flood levels, dumbass. Even if all the water on the Earth was in the Pacific you'd still be fine.
>>
>>285522973
AI is far more dangerous than VR.
>>
>>285523835
Imagine looking into a virtual mirror and seeing a Second Life character.
That's suicide-tier.
>>
This isn't even going to be true VR. It's just a screen strapped to your head.

True VR isn't going to happen anytime soon.
>>
>>285523945
?
>>
>>285524220
I love me some TOOL anon. Don't fuck with me.
>>
>>285524349
Well it ain't gonna happen until this stuff happens first and generates more interest from the common masses.
>>
>>285524328
My SL avatar is a slutty Asian hood rat. If probably play with my virtual titties all day.
>>
File: hate bus.jpg (370 KB, 1247x904) Image search: [Google]
hate bus.jpg
370 KB, 1247x904
>>285523534
I imagine a gang of /pol/lacks driving around in a hate bus, looking for tumblr and reddit users to throw in the back and drive to their clubhouse so they can take turns beating them to death with big purple dildos.

I'd probably just hang out with [s4s] though. They're nice and have actual board culture.
>>
>>285524575

Dude, the virtual boy tried that shit back in the 90's and it failed. These new contraptions are literally the same thing, except the games they're displaying now are a lot prettier.

Real VR to me is a device that straps to your brain and displays whatever it is that you're thinking of.
>>
>>285524050
How do you fucking pronounce that? Like Gucci-boy, but with a F?
>>
>>285523654
you totally misunderstood, I meant the idea that a generation will WANT to use our basic headsets like vive and O rift because of how fucked the world is could be within 20 years (from any given catastrophe). I wasn't talking about true VR, what we have will be enough for them to go on tours of the world before.

>>285523945
Realistically I think the US can shoot them down, but I was talking about the god forsaken scenario where the U.S. panics and shoots nukes back and starts a nuclear winter.
>>
>>285524290
I know it still messes with me. I even remember one (of many) where I drowned but before that, my family was huddled into a bedroom watching a TV where Oprah played a "Goodbye Earth video on CNN" It was all of humanity's greatest triumphs followed by a goodnight and goodluck message from Oprah. It was really depressing/realistic.
>>
>>285524783

fuckboyee
>>
>>285524575
>interest from the common masses.

It won't spark interest in the majority unless it's convenient for socializing or business. It is neither.
At the very best it'll be consumed by the military to help in training and possibly, in literally over 50 years, be used to help pilot drones. The shit we use for piloting drones now would look at home in the early 90s and there is no sign of us getting better equipment any time soon.
>>
>>285524875
Oh.
>>
I can't wait for this VR gimmick to catch on

dont even care about the actual VR, the side effect will be games running at decent framerates
>>
>>285524349
You don't want true VR. The human mind can't handle the horrors that a neural link connection exposes you to.
>>
>those darn kids! born in le wrong generation

Stop crying.
>>
>>285525001
We're already living in virtual reality. We seem to manage it rather well.
>>
>>285524727
I'd hang out with /sp/ and /fit/ and beat up all you nerds.
>>
>>285524727
>gang of /pol/lacks driving around in a hate bus, looking for tumblr and reddit users to throw in the back
More like a bunch of hypocrites calling themselves superior and telling other people not to do fun things because it's degenerate.

>I'd probably just hang out with [s4s] though
Literally a daycare simulator.
>>
>>285512581
you forgot about all those lyfehax like aimbot to make all those online bludfeuds a snap.
>>
File: Sundowner_Grenade_Troll[1].jpg (34 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Sundowner_Grenade_Troll[1].jpg
34 KB, 640x360
>>285524349
The whole 'muh neural interface' thing is a stupid risk anyway. If it can mess if your brain to simulate sense, it can mess with your thought processes.

Imagine that every time you see a burgerking ad, you feel hungry. Or just watching ads in general made you feel 'good'. You'd eventually be brainwashed by it.
>>
>>285525001
You'd need a shit ton of filters, sure. No one would be dumb enough to connect directly into all the information on the internet, that'd fry your brain.
>>
>>285516508
>Comfy games general
>>
>>285525085
>think about if I was born in the right generation where we have VR and people also exploring the galaxy and shit.
>but then I'd have been someone else, and since it's my reality, I don't think much of it and am unsatisfied with it, not know that there's a guy from a century ago that wishes he were in my shoes at that very moment.
>>
>>285525085
Human stagnation is a real thing. Each generation has gotten worse since the mid-40s and right now most of our technological advancements are based on unmodified theories from the late 50s which have only just now gotten the funding needed to go through with them.
We have made no meaningful advancement in anything beyond computer technology and communication, and even that has simply been modifying previous technology without applying any new theory or mechanism.
>>
>>285524727

IS that ben one man clan garrison closest to the bus?
>>
>>285525370
>We have made no meaningful advancement in anything beyond computer technology and communication
>what are medicine and human genomics
>>
>>285513720
What is this Titanic thing even supposed to be?

Are they eventually planning to make something story-based out of it?
>>
>>285525486
>based on unmodified theories from the late 50s which have only just now gotten the funding needed to go through with them.
>>
>>285525363
>Realize there's someone from a century ago that wishes they were in YOUR shoes right now, and would make something of themselves
>and yet here you are, bumming around doing nothing productive
>>
>>285517768
So if I off myself, where do I wake up?
>>
>>285525593
in 1953 we barely started getting an understanding on the shape of DNA, you think in the 50s we were already making theories on three-parent babies (which is what's happening now)?
>>
>>285525728
If you die in the game, you die in real life.
>>
File: event-horizon.jpg (87 KB, 772x397) Image search: [Google]
event-horizon.jpg
87 KB, 772x397
>>285525263
There's no such thing as perfect security. Everyone has gotten malware on their computer once or twice, except this time it's in your brain.
>>
>>285525370
>>285525593
All technology builds on old ideas, anon.
Even if they're 'unmodified,' then people still had to invent the technology to make it possible.
>>
>>285525886
>in 1953 the leading voices of scientific journalism barely started getting an understanding on the shape of DNA

Fixed.
>>
File: 1424723531677.jpg (230 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
1424723531677.jpg
230 KB, 1500x1500
>>285525907
But nigga I don't want to die yet.
>>
File: 1425353571437.png (27 KB, 600x816) Image search: [Google]
1425353571437.png
27 KB, 600x816
>>285525916
I'm sure there's a sci-fi noir novel out there about a murderer who kills people by taking away the filters.
>>
File: 1397263238658.png (101 KB, 490x480) Image search: [Google]
1397263238658.png
101 KB, 490x480
>>285525916
>>285525263
>mfw these niggas don't even know about autistic modo
>>
File: 1377937553189.gif (866 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1377937553189.gif
866 KB, 500x281
>YFW YOU LUCID DREAM
>>
File: 1379022158516.jpg (97 KB, 938x527) Image search: [Google]
1379022158516.jpg
97 KB, 938x527
>>285525916
Fucking christ. Imagine all the lovecraftian horrors within your mind just because your device got hacked by a trole. Imagine all the tumblirinas from the future getting the true meaning of PTSD.
>>
What are the odds we can preserve our brains and their activity through otherwise body death in this life time?

What are the odds I can just upload my brain to some gigantic hard drive to be installed on a new body somewhere down the line?
>>
Call me a ludite, but other than superior medicine and negligible senescence, I don't look forward to anything the future has to offer.

Everything that makes life meaningful is going to evaporate. The only meaning their is in life can be equated to that in a game, facing its challenge and unfairness and attempting to best it. Technology will essentially erase all this, making things equivalent to playing with god-mod active. What point remains in life when you can just be strapped to a chair and have your pleasure centers safely stimulated 100% of the time.
>>
>>285526617
Why couldn't you use technology to give your life that 'meaning' then? How do you know you, or someone else, hasn't already done that? Is that 'god'?
>>
>>285526617

it will save the Earth from human overpopulation
>>
File: masterchef.gif (1000 KB, 300x450) Image search: [Google]
masterchef.gif
1000 KB, 300x450
>>285526521
>>
>>285512460
>He thinks there's still going to be a middle class in 20 years
>>
we're going to start cleaning waste from the oceans within that time frame
http://www.theoceancleanup.com/the-concept.html
>>
>>285526617
>Technology will essentially erase all this, making things equivalent to playing with god-mod active.
You'd literally have to be the 1% to have access to that kind of tech even in the future. The people in third world countries don't even have today's tech.

>>285526530
The first scenario: definitely not likely.

The second: Slightly more likely if you can manage to live to be 200 years old.
>>
>>285526617
No one is forcing you to take the soma, anon.
>>
>>285526617
>The only meaning their is in life can be equated to that in a game, facing its challenge and unfairness and attempting to best it.

[citation needed]
>>
>>285526530

>upload brain into new body
>it's not you, just another faggot with all your memories and you're still dead
>>
File: item05[1].jpg (42 KB, 391x277) Image search: [Google]
item05[1].jpg
42 KB, 391x277
>>285509113
>Friendly reminder that in the far future kids will "watch" plays that are basically just our everyday life so that they can remember the days when they could go outside to interact with other people. At the rate we're fucking up the planet it will probably happen in about 20 years.
>>
>>285526756
You could be strapped in the matrix or something to simulate a world more desirable to you, but it's unlikely this would be entirely favorable. You either know it's illusory, and it isn't the same, or you choose not to know, leaving you at the mercy of the outside world to the greatest degree possible.
>>
>>285509113
Go home, Al Gore
>>
>>285526863
That's pretty cool, anon.
>>
>>285527090
If I copy my brain exactly as it is to another human, will he be aware that he was just copied into another body?
>>
>>285527090
>implying there is a 'you' and your not just a flesh computer with the same memories as the same flesh computer 5 years ago.
>>
>>285527081
Life is basically just a game anon, our brains are just elctro-chemical computers and everything else arises from the complexity of that system.
>>
File: 1413574147628.jpg (13 KB, 205x256) Image search: [Google]
1413574147628.jpg
13 KB, 205x256
>>285527090
>implying copy paste
>not using gradual replacement
>not being theseus's ship.
>>
>>285527173
That's assuming of course that we're running old tech. I would assume tech would advance to the point where you wouldn't even know it's running in the new life.
>>
File: 1384225193276.gif (1010 KB, 400x212) Image search: [Google]
1384225193276.gif
1010 KB, 400x212
>>285526850

Everything seriously looks fucking real except the colors are more vibrant and it seems there's a shimmering effect.
>>
>>285527364
>has all your memories
>including the process of transferring said memories
Why the fuck wouldn't he know, dumbo?
>>
File: iwillneverforgetyou.png (109 KB, 1225x917) Image search: [Google]
iwillneverforgetyou.png
109 KB, 1225x917
>>285509113
the truth is that we don't bodies

http://fauux.neocities.org/religion.html

slowly it will happen, life will all be a dream, earth will become one giant wifi hub, our consciousnesses floating around in the atmosphere like ghosts, entire words, entire universes will exist in an endless digital sea where we shall live forever inside of it, completely unaware of its existence or our own state

some of us will see, some of us will be able to see it for what it really is and step outside of it, to walk between dreams, to see into a camera inside of a sattelite where some of the data hubs orbit the planet, able to see a beautiful world of green and blue with nothing but the abandoned ruins of long forgotten human cities.

Millions of years will pass, and some space faring people will journey across the galaxy looking for life, and find a planet empty, with no signs of life aside from the millions of artificial sattelites orbiting the planet, strange voices whispered into their heads, are they going mad?

Hallucinations, spirits around them, everywhere, but no one can find the source?

What happened to the people here? Where are they?

we will never leave, we will become one with the earth, not just in flesh, but in our minds
>>
>>285527412
But you're talking about meta meaning.
>>
>>285527508
How would he have that memory assuming the transfer took any amount of time more than instant?
>>
>>285526530
Consciousness isn't a fucking file that can be copied and pasted. Your memories, your personality, all of that could conceivably be transferred, but your consciousness, the observer that is truly you, couldn't possibly be transferred. The whole point of your consciousness is that there's only one of it; just because I have a clone doesn't mean that clone is me. That clone might be indistinguishable from me by an outside observer, but I know that I am myself, and the clone is someone else who is just very similar to me. You might be able to transfer the superficial details of who you are to somewhere else, but that won't keep you alive; you'll be dead but no one but you would know that, it'd be like a doppelganger killed you and took your place.

There's also the fact that we don't even know exactly what consciousness is, how it works, or where it even originates from.
>>285527382
That's so fucking retarded to attempt to simplify the fucking brain like that. Not even the brain, but the mind also. Think anon, have you ever died? No, because while I wouldn't know that, neither would a replicate of you, the conscious you, the observer would definitely know that he's no longer observing.
>>
>>285527574
>implying our satellites and ruins would last a million years
they wouldn't even last a thousand
>>
>>285527720
So this is a process you knew nothing about beforehand? Someone on the street just came up behind you and sucked your brain into his?
>>
>>285527745
>but your consciousness, the observer that is truly you, couldn't possibly be transferred

Not true. A 1:1 copy of your brain would produce the same conciousness.
>>
>>285527879
That's just one possibility. In another case, your last memory might be using a device to extract the information/data or whatever, or perhaps just falling asleep from anesthesia.
>>
>>285527745
>Consciousness isn't a fucking file that can be copied and pasted.
>CITATION NEEDED
I think it would easier to argue its the sum of all your parts and if you copied those parts, it would be the same.
>>
>>285523762
>women get pissed off because they arent allowed to be drafted
>Anita, who is now 80 years old and in a floating wheelchair, fights for the right to shoot sand niggers in VR
>>
>>285527918
Unlikely, that would imply an obsolete clone of you,memories and all, would produce a situation where you have two bodies and can experience the world in the separate places simultaneously without any other connection.

Essentially controlling two bodies at once.
>>
>>285528149
~absolute
>>
>>285528060
Well let me put it an other way; you've only known one body your entire life up to this point. It had all of its own unique ticks you've grown accustomed to, especially how you see body when looking down or how clearly you see things with your eyes. All of a sudden you have completely different hardware I would like to think you'd notice
>>
File: everythingyesterday.png (37 KB, 1149x909) Image search: [Google]
everythingyesterday.png
37 KB, 1149x909
>>285527783
we could have agents, people inside of the dream who use their minds and facilities to create, repair, and keep the entire net functioning

http://fauux.neocities.org/space.html

like angels protecting the mortal realm, massive unmanned factories controlled from inside the net, imagine the skill of a mind that knew nothing but the create and maintenance of machines for millions of years? imagine the precision, the innovation of limitless creation, no sleep, no rest, no imperfections, just endless ever increasing knowledge from an endless collection of scientists minds all funneled into one super being that watched over us, keeping us safe
>>
>>285528149
Unlikely in this lifetime perhaps, but that's not what we're discussing here.
>>
File: 1424620007132.jpg (3 MB, 3935x4000) Image search: [Google]
1424620007132.jpg
3 MB, 3935x4000
>>285509113
they are already selling pills to solve health problems that don't even exist

people pay for someone to clean their house, and at the same time pay for a gym membership

they pay for a 150$ nike shoe which let them enjoy sports without getting injured, like if we were not designed to run and walk barefoot in the first place

they pay for fat free products, to then eat the exact amount of fat and sugar in a special occasion

they pay for a mobile phone data plan, to then use the wifi network of every place they go
>>
>>285527918
For one, you couldn't possibly know that; like I said, we don't know how consciousness fucking words. For two, I can't have two consciousnesses, it can't fucking work that way. There's only one observer, myself, I'm either observing the sensory information of two brains or two observers are observing the sensory information one a brain each,
>>285528061
>>CITATION NEEDED
>I think it would easier to argue its the sum of all your parts and if you copied those parts, it would be the same.
You're the one stating someone anon, the burden of proof is on you. You're assuming that the brain is some really complex computer that has files and shit like the computers we know of when there's absolutely no way for you to possibly know that.
>>
>>285528308
Well its not really abandoned or ruined at this point now is it? Basically coming across a civilization of caretakers who after a million years, would probably be much more interesting than us humans who only existed for a tenth of that time.
>>
>>285527574
>>285528308
This nigga gets it.
>>
Pretty sure they only reason your brain knows the rest of you is there is because of a network of nerves and shit connected to the rest of you so information can travel up them to the brainstem. Even your eyes just receive information which hits cones and rods and is interpreted by the brain.
>>
>>285528270
So the question is, how would it feel to wake up suddenly in a new body?

How would it feel to view your old body smiling down at you as you open your eyes?

How would the two 'yous' interact in a situation like that?
>>
>>285522549
>Robots/Cyborgs/Mechs that hold firearms in their 'hands'

This shit always bugs me. No reason weapons can't be affixed in a modular style to practically any surface of the unit in question.
>>
>>285513720
Apparently, some are already investigating that line of thinking. All these alternate non-gaming uses are why Facebook wanted a piece of the action.
>>
>>285528449
What is the brain if not a series of electrical pulses filing data inside of soft tissue? Are you implying some meta-physical soul or something?
>>
>>285528449
>I can't have two consciousnesses, it can't fucking work that way

You couldn't possibly know that
>>
>>285528590
Depends if it was willing or not. And if my new body had an even bigger dick and maybe some muscles, I would be fine with it.
>>
>>285526952
I don't so much mean the ability to manipulate the physical world with absolute power as to manipulate one's experience of it. The experience anything in perfectly-real VR, to feel any pleasure or sensation by directly manipulating the brain, to directly erase or manipulate any memory or emotion as you choose. Humans are inherently fallible, once its possible, even the strongest may succumb to it.
>>
>>285527918
nope, a brain does not imply consciousness
>>
What do those conjoined twins do? I mean, they share the same body, just two different heads.

Goddamn what a horrible reality though.
>Everywhere you are, there's someone next to you.
>always have to sleep on back or stomach. can't sleep on sides, otherwise one person just has to be hanging from their shoulders all night
>some guy is gonna go for it, but's gonna play favorites with one of your heads.
>>
>>285523534
Finally, WE CAN ALL BE THE LITTLE GIRLS!
>>
>>285528612
if they're humanoid, why not? what else those hands going to be doing? of course you can still give them laser eyes or missile nipples or whatever on top of that
>>
>>285528906
I'd be a K-ON!
>>
>>285528881
Obviously it would be a functioning brain. We already know there's an 'on/off' switch that dictates conciousness.
>>
File: zanoise.png (115 KB, 1081x907) Image search: [Google]
zanoise.png
115 KB, 1081x907
>>285528464
But we are the caretakers, it us us, our minds all combined, that would create such a creature. All of us asleep, dreaming, as long as our guardian angel sleeps, all of it, we are safe and sound.

It could stand to reason that the planet itself however, like one giant entity, would repel any invaders or explorers, or perhaps it would communicate? Would we, the common person in our dreams ever know? Would it ever tell us? What reason would it have to reveal to us that they, our god, already an outsider, had made contact with another outsider? Would the common man know?

And better yet, what would it be like to be in a dream where our civilization advanced to the same level? What would it be as like when the far off explorers come to explore the dream world from within the dream world, and they themselves are simply dreamers too? We are all humans, even when we are aliens? How would people deal with seeing it for what it really is? Would our angel just wipe out everyone in a single dream and "recycle" them into new dreams, no memories left? What would happen if you had a memory left? Would it be like a dream? Would you just awaken and convince yourself that it never happened? That it was all fake, even when it seemed so real?
>>
>>285528970
I'd be an Ellie
>>
>>285510451
Go to a place with much higher gravitational pull than Earth and stay for ~10 years.
Theoratically, you should go to the future. Theoretically.
>>
>>285529104
but there's a definite evolutionary split between the caretakers and non-caretakers. they're completely different beings at this point living in different worlds
>>
File: 1424392174429.jpg (66 KB, 554x715) Image search: [Google]
1424392174429.jpg
66 KB, 554x715
I just want waifubots/AI, VR, and space travel. If outside is the cost to get it I'd gladly pay that cost.

Seriously fuck this "future" we live in, where's all the fun bits?
>>
>>285528929
Because it's not practical or efficient to hold and aim a weapon using manipulators when the whole thing could be one independent weapon that aims and fires on its own using motors built into it. Why add an entire string of extra steps in the aiming and firing of a weapon when the same function can be achieved without it. The manipulators can then be devoted to grappling or used for stabilization while maneuvering or you know, manipulating things that require dexterity as they're designed.
>>
>>285511219
>NK launching nukes at anyone

>implying Kim Jong Un wouldn't just round up the 100 strongest men in NK and have them throw the nuke at the US's direction

If every country in the world were kids on the playground, NK would be that weird racist kid sniffing glue in the baseball dugouts
>>
>>285528635
I'm not implying anything metaphysical, but with how complex the brain is, it might as well be to our current understanding. Just because we know that certain parts of the brains are responsible for certain areas and that it works somehow with electrical pulses and soft tissue doesn't mean we actually know how it actually works. It's like a 19th century engineer studying a modern computer; he knows that it uses electricity and it's made of silicon and metal, but that's all he knows. He doesn't know that it uses Boolian logic, binary, or know the functioning of transistors. It's like him assuming that the computer works on really complex clockwork.
>>285528674
Of course I can, what you're implying isn't logical.
>>
>>285529181
I just want to live on a comfy asteroid mining base in the middle of nowhere, sol system. mining rocks with a laser-drill 3 days a week, playing vidya for the rest of it.

base would have artificial gravity, but mining would be in zero-g.
>>
>>285529279
Well here's an argument: manipulators can use anything with a trigger firing mechanism. Even picked up in the field. Whereas nything built into the robot itself has to be specifically tailored for it and painstakingly fine tuned and installed over a period of time.
>>
>>285529104
>>285529171
You people are fucking nuts. Look at the world and people around you and then consider what it would be like to be mentally connected to all this bullshit. While there is a vast spectrum of people from good to bad smart to dumb etc, intelligent people are not the majority in our world.
>>
>>285529181
You're not allowed to enjoy the fruits of our technological advancement because there are people who desperately want to cling on to the past and keep their power and control.

These people are going to be the death of everything we've worked for as a species.
>>
File: television.png (69 KB, 1047x761) Image search: [Google]
television.png
69 KB, 1047x761
>>285529171
but they live in the same world, everyone is inside of the net, some humans just "work" or operate on a level "outside" the separate "dreams" contained within the net, as if they were valkyries or gods in asgard looking over the tree of yggdrassil, following the word of a great dreaming being that is created from thousands upon thousands of minds linked together to continue the everlasting operation of the net, a mind that is the result of US coming together, our minds linked, and others merely acting on such a creature's will
>>
>>285529487
I see what you're saying but think of it another way.

You arm all your mechs with modular weapons affixed to their chassis. Where are your enemies going to get weapons that they can pick up and shoot back at you?
>>
>>285529598
This. We could do so very much more, but the general lack of vision for humanity beyond next quarter's margins will be the end of us.
>>
File: IMG_2074.png (175 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2074.png
175 KB, 900x900
Friendly reminder that kids would rather watch some dude play video games on YouTube than actually play video games themselves.

My little brother is like that right now. It makes me want to stop paying for the internet.
>>
>>285518201
CRAAAACK
>>
>>285527161
underrated post
>>
>>285529598
>there are people who desperately want to cling on to the past and keep their power and control.
>implying these people aren't responsible for technological advancement in the first place
>>
>>285529719
Depends on the battlefield I guess. As good as mechs/robots are, human troops are still cheaper and easier to produce in large numbers. I feel like no matter the field, human sized robots will always be fighting humans. In which case manipulators make perfect sense.

Now in huge gundam sized mechs I always thought articulated fingers were fucking stupid when you can just send a signal to the weapon for it to fire. Of course arms still allow you to point the weapon in a much wider range of directions than if it was fixed on the body.
>>
>>285529776
Did you never have friends as a kid?

My friends and I used to hang out and watch each other play games every now and then to break up the Goldeneye marathons.

Let your brother be, he probably doesn't have any real life friends.
>>
>>285529339
>It's like him assuming that the computer works on really complex clockwork.
Damn that's interesting
>>
File: uneak.png (85 KB, 1323x895) Image search: [Google]
uneak.png
85 KB, 1323x895
>>285529506
there's an extremely high chance that it wouldn't be "connected to everyone", it would be like a massive, endless virtual world controlled by people/beings that used to be humans that are so old, wise, and evolved that the stupidity of man wouldn't be anymore prevalent than it is now

imagine being able to completely recreate everything about yourself, your life, your appearance, your thoughts, your beliefs, even your very existence could be altered to be whatever you wished for it to be, given that such a world would have limitless possibilities, rules, and realities, nothing that can be conceived by man is beyond it
>>
>>285529181
>>285529598
>>285529736
Stop thinking the world is as simple as you say. Yes, if we all thought exactly as you did we could get so much done, but literally everyone believes that; some have believed it so much they tried to force others to believe as they do.
>Why doesn't everyone just accept JC as their lord and savior and we can all go to heaven?
>Why doesn't everyone just become communists and we can all be happy and equal?
>Why doesn't everyone just vote this certain way so that the government can finally do something?
>Why doesn't everyone just devote themselves to science and aim for becoming an interstellar species?
The point is, people thinks differently, and they think differently for a reason. Everything isn't as simple as you'd like to believe.
>>
File: $N2015-01-04-15h57m21s234.png (3 MB, 1912x1034) Image search: [Google]
$N2015-01-04-15h57m21s234.png
3 MB, 1912x1034
>>285530036
As far as realistic mecha usage goes the only thing to ever get it right was Patlabor 2, and that involves a squad of them getting rekt immediately by conventional light armor.
>>
>>285530248
Patlabor? The one with the mechas who use giant police revolvers?

I mean it still does powered armor better than most shows I guess
>>
File: IMG_2209.jpg (61 KB, 500x666) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2209.jpg
61 KB, 500x666
>>285530041
Huh, I never thought of it that way. But I can be his friend too, we have so many co op games. I'd watch him play single player games but he doesn't either.
>>
>>285530049
What exactly do you mean?
>>
File: 1228724186624.jpg (72 KB, 476x356) Image search: [Google]
1228724186624.jpg
72 KB, 476x356
>>285529776
My obnoxious nephew wants to be a YouTube star. All he does is hover over your shoulder and loudly narrate the game you're playing like he's doing a fucking let's play. He constantly tells people, "when I'm famous I'll make my own game and everyone will watch me play it in my videos!" I wish so badly that I had the authority to block him from ever looking at YouTube again because of this shit. No one's role model should be Pewdiepie.
>>
>>285530221
Yeah man, let's not consider the future. Let's stay on this rock until the sun vaporizes our entire species.
>>
File: 1406736232842.jpg (178 KB, 800x1129) Image search: [Google]
1406736232842.jpg
178 KB, 800x1129
>>285530351
The series is rather varied in tone, and all the actual military labors use hardpoint mounted weapons. The police ones use upscaled firearms because muh psychological impact and it makes more sense for what they normally deal with. In fact, generally they get in brawls to try and disable labors rather than shoot them.
>>
>>285530520
Do you have any dreams, anon?

Why do you so desperately want to crush his?

Are you empty inside?
>>
>>285530526
I'm not saying that. I'd like to travel to other planets and stars as much as you, but there's a reason we can't currently or any time soon, and it's not because people don't like fun.
>>
>>285530680
He's going to crush his own dreams if he hasn't grown out of this by the time he's old enough for his mom to let him post videos on YouTube. He's not funny, and he has anger issues. If anything, he'd just become yet another spaz everyone makes fun of for being really bad at video games and furious about it. At best, no one would ever watch his videos, and he'd give up on his stupid "I'll be famous on YouTube just like my hero, Pewdiepie!" dream.
>>
>>285530846
We have the capability to travel our solar system on nuclear bomb powered spaceships, but we never will use the technology because people think nuclear is a spooky word
>>
File: IMG_1999.jpg (74 KB, 318x708) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1999.jpg
74 KB, 318x708
>>285530680
This makes me wonder, should all dreams be followed?

What if a kids dream is to become a terrorist, or shoot up a school?
>>
>>285530520
I have a cousin who loves watching me play shit whenever he visits.
He doesn't say anything but he laughs at every single little thing even remotely funny and it is annoying as fuck since he sounds like the fucking vampire count from sesame street when he laughs except nasally and he laughs inwards if that makes any sense.
It makes me want to punch him in the face with how annoying it is but I cant even tell him to fuck off because he was in a car accident when he was little and has 'brain damage' from it
>>
>>285530967
That, and the proposed designs had a real chance of shortening a lot of lives.
>>
>>285530965
Bitter and empty.
>>
File: Planetes.jpg (44 KB, 357x500) Image search: [Google]
Planetes.jpg
44 KB, 357x500
>>285531030
You know, there's an entire series about this and a lot of other things mentioned in this thread in the context of realistic late 21st century space travel. Top tier stuff.
>>
>>285531030
He can do it if he wants, but there are consequences he should be aware of
>>285531075
It was estimated launching the ship would put enough radiation into the atmosphere to kill 1 person in the world. As if all our coal burning doesn't do much more than that already
>>
>>285531030
Absolutely. Where would our species be without them?

The reality of course is that not everyone will or can fulfill their dreams. But if everyone gives up, we're done for.
>>
>>285531159
>one person
Those are different figures to the ones I've seen. Sauce?
>>
>>285530967
It's also because space doesn't fucking matter right now. There are more important matters on Earth and they don't go away by daydreaming about Mars. We should be thankful that space agencies are funded at all and that the private sector is starting to fill their place.
>>
>>285531234
it was in the documentary I saw on youtube, the guy who did the math said it. it was a single digit and a fraction
>>
>>285531361
All our problems come from a lack of resources. Guess whats in our solar system? Near infinite supply of resources.
>>
>>285530967
I share the sentiments of pushing for more of this human existence, but we're the minority, even if thousands are like us, that's still a small percentage of the billions that inhabit the world, and most of them find themselves content following the typical formula of go to school/get job/ get married/have kids/ retire.

The concept of even going to space is too far over most people's heads, dude. The recent movie Interstellar, is like vanilla mode when it comes to scifi for me. I'm reading about fucking dyson spheres, star bridges, shield worlds and all other manner of mind-boggling contraptions.

But most people, even today, just see space as pretty stars in the night, nothing more. We went to the moon, and we're done, say most people.

It would take some massive shift in common understanding of what we're capable of together, all of us, with our own unique skillsets, in order to advance to something greater.
>>
>>285531030
>WELL I'M JUST UH SITTIN HERE RESTIN MY BONES
>LONELINESS WON'T LEAVE ME ALONE
>>
>>285531374
I'm pretty sure radiation from the sun kills off a lot more people, a lot more quickly.
>>
>fast breeder reactors could power our civilization for thousands of years just using up old nuclear waste, let alone to near infinity with our deposits of uranium
>nah lets keep burning coal
>>
>>285531445
>All our problems come from a lack of resources.
>Implying
Ideological conflict doesn't come from a lack of resources. ISIS doesn't exist because a bunch of western kids want to take over oil fields in the middle of the desert, nor are they committing genocide because of resource scarcity.
>>
>>285531754
>ISIS
Watching a lot of CNN, huh? ISIS isn't a real problem. Obviously they're a bunch of lunatics, but hardly stopping us from doing anything at all
>>
>>285531812
They're a pretty real problem in the middle east, not to us maybe, but they exist for a reason. Another example is the Syrian Civil War, another is the fighting in Ukraine. These are all ideological conflicts, not fighting over resources.
>>
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 164x244) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 164x244
last I remembered "le wrong generation" is a thing that's been brought up since atleast motherfucking Greek mythology , (something like "every man is worse than their father"). And given my limited knowledge of this shit, it's probably been stated way before that for all I know.

You are just parroting a meme of Human spitefulness. Every generation says this, it's full of shit.
>>
>It is the year 20XX
>All video games are virtual realities, plugged directly into the player's brain
>Casualisation has evolved to the point where handholding has turned into mind control
>The only ones retaining their free will are hardcore and retro-only gamers
>They spend their days bitching on a vietnamese soap opera image board, entirely unaware of what has happened to the outside world
>THIS SUMMER
>THEY ARE HUMANITY'S ONLY HOPE
>>
File: 1425101422660.png (17 KB, 220x200) Image search: [Google]
1425101422660.png
17 KB, 220x200
>>285509113

Well dying in a video game isn't as scary as dying in real life.

Why would you not want to live your everyday life with no fear of dying? I'd jump in front of cars for shits and giggles if it wouldn't otherwise kill me.
>>
>>285530221
Yes, and as someone who thinks a certain way it is my job to purge any who do not believe as I do, because otherwise we will never get anywhere.

Life has always been a war for survival if the fittest, this includes doctrines as well.
>>
>>285532140
Well when we need Syrians or ISIS goons to help us build our nuclear spaceship, I guess it would be a problem
>>
>>285530221
>Why doesn't everyone just accept JC as their lord and savior and we can all go to heaven?
B-but that's exactly what happened, wait don't tell me you sided with Tong?
>>
>>285518201
>tfw that's my university's work
>>
>>285531754
So you are saying the best way to solve our problems is genocide? I like the way you think anon.

>>285531361
And what "fucking matters" right now? Why do your concerns supersede ours?
>>
>>285532886
We need to police the world. Global terrorist whack-a-mole is more important that solving all our actual problems at home
>>
>>285532498
Except you'll notice that everyone with that mindset is dead or irrelevant. When you kill people for not thinking you as you, you end up with a lot of people who really hate you and want to see your ideology die, the only except being complete genocide, but that rarely works: look at the Nazis.
>>285532543
>completely missing my point
Syrians and ISIS aren't fighting for resources, they're fighting for ideology. Most fighting is because of ideology. The fucking Cold War, the war that some call WWIII was because of ideology; we could be living in a post-apocalyptic world right now because of how some people thought the world should work.
>>285532886
For one, it's not my concerns, it's most people's concerns. They care more about the price of gas than astronauts going to the moon because one thing actually matters to them. Shit, I'd prefer if we were building Moon bases and sending men to Mars, but that's because I'm a NEET with no responsibilities, so I have the privilege of concerning myself with that shit, but I know most people aren't like me, and they don't care about such idealistic things.
>>
File: 1425370555660.jpg (198 KB, 970x854) Image search: [Google]
1425370555660.jpg
198 KB, 970x854
>>285532287
I don't understand how people say kids of the future have it so much worse off, I would give so much to be able to have been born later. If I could have just come into being a century later, maybe even half a century I might have had a shot at seeing all the things I have dreamed of come to fruition, as it stands it's most likely I will die pining away for a future I will never get to see.
>>
>>285533140
The nazis weren't fighting a war of pure ideology, but another group could. A group close enough to cohesive could with modern day, or even future weapons accomplish this task.

Anyways, I never said kill, I said purge. There are many ways to purge a contagion from a system without outright destroying it.
>>
>>285533140
>Syrians and ISIS aren't fighting for resources, they're fighting for ideology. Most fighting is because of ideology. The fucking Cold War, the war that some call WWIII was because of ideology; we could be living in a post-apocalyptic world right now because of how some people thought the world should work.
They're also not the ones talking about going to mars. So who cares? Why does traveling a few million million km have to do with ideologies? We're always going to have them, might as well be mining asteroids while we do
>>
>>285533207
But your dreams would just be those of the new generation, never satisfied.
>>
>>285533207
If you were born a century earlier you'd be complaining about how you'd never see supercomputers in the palm of your hand or the internet.
>>285533425
Except people always find areas to disagree. Catholicism dominated Europe for nearly a thousand years but eventually some guys had to come along and create Protestantism and led to countless wars and people getting fucking killed. People never agree for long, and they only work together when they agree on the big things, but once those are accomplished they go back to disagreeing on the smaller things.
>>285533429
Someone was saying how the problems on Earth are because of lack of resources, when that's clearly not the case. Mining a bunch of asteroids isn't going to fix the world of all its problems, not even the big ones.
>>
>>285533140
>caring about most people's concerns
No large problem was ever solved by focusing on the most mundane concerns of the plebs, no true advancement made because of their narrow view of reality. It is the great men, the great thinkers prerogative to take their aimless energy, and refocus it to serve the greater good. The lower man is the only one who should concern themselves with lower matters, and opine and wax on about their inability to change their circumstances, all the while living day to day and greasing the cogs that move all of us collectively forward.
>>
>>285509113
so.. will this be out before the Oculus rift retail version im tried of waiting on it?
>>
File: tips fedora.jpg (14 KB, 228x243) Image search: [Google]
tips fedora.jpg
14 KB, 228x243
>>285533963
in case you're not baiting
>>
File: oJ50Y5r.jpg (83 KB, 773x618) Image search: [Google]
oJ50Y5r.jpg
83 KB, 773x618
>>285533207
>have chronic disease
>shortened lifespan
>want to see mankind take to the stars
>that feel when you have a plan to take your life before suffering is too much
At least ORION is something to look forward to.
>>
>>285533512
That's why I said "come into being" instead of saying born, I understand I would have been born a blank slate (though I strongly believe I could have fallen into the same thought patterns if exposed to some of the same media). By come into being I mean, come to exist as the whole individual that is currently conversing with you.

>>285533923
I doubt a century earlier I would have had knowledge of those things, or been able to conceptualize them for many years, and then I don't believe it would have been a core of my being as my current wish to see the future is. I am admittedly a product of circumstance after all.
>>
>>285534190
Care to actually try to coherently refute what I said instead of posting memes?
>>
>>285533923
I agree, but that still isn't as much as a problem, while groups can and will disagree, shared core tenets between them will still allow things to get done, when everyone disagrees and shares nothing, very little would get done. I would rather great moments of upheaval and movements, punctuated by bickering rather than a constant gridlock where nothing get's done.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 54

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.