[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any good beat 'em up/RPG hybrids? All I can think of is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: Kazuma.jpg (199 KB, 790x1106) Image search: [Google]
Kazuma.jpg
199 KB, 790x1106
Any good beat 'em up/RPG hybrids?

All I can think of is pic related.
>>
>>285460218
yakuza is not an rpg you goofball
>>
>>285460318
You get what I mean, though. With stats, items that have various effects, side quests, upgrades, etc.

Yakuza has all of that. I suppose it'd be better to say RPG elements?
>>
>>285460450
No, not really. It's more of a beat'em up with beat'em up elements.
>>
File: brawler.webm (3 MB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
brawler.webm
3 MB, 960x720
River City Ransom
Dungeons and Dragons arcade games
Dragon's Dogma (sort of)
Dungeon Fighter Online (SOON)
Can't really think of any more modern ones besides Yakuza.
>>
>>285460916
I'm cool with older vidya, so long as it's not DOS(because I'm an idiot who can't into DOSbox)
>>
Yakuza series is my favorite of those, but you could give the Way of the Samurai series a try, preferably with 3 or earlier because past that it was almost cringeworthy how goofy it got.

And if you really want heavy on the RPG side of it, the Shin Megami Tensei: Raidou Kuzunoha games fit the bill well. They're like SMT games but all battling is with action game combat.
>>
senran kagura is ok for a button masher, but it's far from perfect.
>>
File: chihayaelf.jpg (181 KB, 1100x1000) Image search: [Google]
chihayaelf.jpg
181 KB, 1100x1000
X-Men Legends/Marvel Ultimate Alliance games
Guardian Heroes
The Bouncer (PS2, short but good)
The Tales Of series
Dragon's Crown
>>
>>285460318
yeah, it is
>>
>>285461320
Despite owning all of the WoTS games, I've never completed them. Wish it was less obtuse.

>>285461734
Dragon Crown was fun as fuck.
>>
Darksiders 1+2, I guess.
2 really ramps up the RPGness, but the fighting is still fun.
>>
Raidou is similar to Yakuza but way shittier also
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.