[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will his inevitable death cause you to give up gaming. Forever?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6
File: 0TJQARc.jpg (61 KB, 1012x771) Image search: [Google]
0TJQARc.jpg
61 KB, 1012x771
Will his inevitable death cause you to give up gaming.

Forever?
>>
Why should I care about some Japanese fuck who hasn't made anything relevant in years?
>>
File: YOOOOOOOoooooooooooooo.jpg (11 KB, 250x228) Image search: [Google]
YOOOOOOOoooooooooooooo.jpg
11 KB, 250x228
>>285367839
If he dies before Stan Lee I will.
>>
>>285367839
I love reading about the guy. Especially the stuff he did earlier in his career. I don't think I'd stop playing video games though.
>>
I don't play Mario or Zelda so I don't give a fuck
>>
Nah. I will be legitimately upset.

Not only did he make a lot of the games that made up my childhood, but reading his interviews made me want to pursue a career in games.
>>
>>285367917

Watch that edge, bro, or they might not release your next epic map pack for whatever generic as fuck shooter you play.

>>285367839

No, but it might trigger me to start playing through every first party Nintendo game ever.
>>
File: phoebus.jpg (94 KB, 1070x880) Image search: [Google]
phoebus.jpg
94 KB, 1070x880
I'll probably get sad for a couple of days. I'll most likely get over it after a couple of days.

Why the fuck would I quit playing games?
>>
Nintendogaf will probably give him another card.

I can give less of a fuck about his relevance after actively trying to kill Paper Mario, fuck you
>>
File: the boots.jpg (244 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
the boots.jpg
244 KB, 2048x1536
>>285367917
>pikmin 3
>new star fox
>robo-fighters
>all coming out by the end of this year
>>
>>285367839
Nope.

I know he's influential at Nintendo, but how many levels of Mario Galaxy did he actually design? Fuck all I'd wager.

I think in some ways he holds Nintendo back. I'm glad they don't make cinematic bullshit games, but he seems completely unaware of advancements in the game industry sometimes.
>>
Literally nothing of value is lost. What has he made anything that isn't kiddie casual crap?
>>
No.
He hasn't directed a game in 15 years.
>>
>>285367839
No, why would it?

The man is a legend and the contributions that he made to gaming as a whole will not be forgotten or likely surpassed anytime soon.

That being said, he has definitely peaked. The Wii was abysmal unless you were a casual, and while the Wii U has made steps back in the right direction (Since it crashed and burned at launch and everyone assumed it wouldn't last 6 months), it's not even close to recapturing the glory days
>>
File: waa.png (197 KB, 433x436) Image search: [Google]
waa.png
197 KB, 433x436
The real question is...

How about Charles Martinet?
>>
>>285368143
>implying star fox won't be gyroscope controlled with the gamepad only

He loves his gimmicks.
>>
he's nip, there's still like 30 years until he can die of old age
>>
>>285368525
DIdn't they confirm classic controls like a week ago?
>>
He hasn't actually done anything in over a decade. He just walks around at Nintendo and puts his name on projects because they are afraid of shareholders' reaction if he were to retire. Project Robot is the first actual project he is leading in a very long time and it's going to be absolute garbage. He's irrelevant.
>>
OP, are you implying you haven't already given up on gaming?
>>
>>285368195
>kiddie casual crap

Nice meme.
>>
No. Just like yours won't cause anyone to give up living.
>>
File: mario phone.jpg (45 KB, 415x335) Image search: [Google]
mario phone.jpg
45 KB, 415x335
>>285368508
I already went through Captain Lou, please don't do this to me again Mario...
>>
>>285370050
Did you care when Bob Hoskins also died?
>>
>>285370937
Sorta but I hated that movie even as a kid. He was never really Mario to me.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.