[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>ITT: Games that did QTE'S right Pic related
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7
File: LP2.jpg (1 MB, 1024x1658) Image search: [Google]
LP2.jpg
1 MB, 1024x1658
>ITT: Games that did QTE'S right
Pic related
>>
Lost Planet 2 could have been a really good western take on the Monster Hunter style games but it was short as fuck and the online play was nonexistent.
>>
>it will never ever go on sale
Fuck
>>
Godhand.
>>
File: 1933393674_75fde35f4e.jpg (98 KB, 375x500) Image search: [Google]
1933393674_75fde35f4e.jpg
98 KB, 375x500
QTEs suck. They have never been implemented properly and they never will.
>>
>>285183823
QTE is good when it is there but not required, say when you get a mob down to 25% you can either do a QTE or you can just keep smashing it like you normally would, darksiders came to mind i liked how it was optional.
>>
I think for the time they came out the three prince of Persia games had fun qtes that lender very well to making the boss fights more interesting
>>
>>285183625
>western take
but its a jap game... check out dragons dogma tho
>>
File: 1422120426688.jpg (14 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1422120426688.jpg
14 KB, 225x225
>>285182730

I loved LP1 and 2, i didn't think id miss playing them this much, Fuck LP3...
>>
>>285183823
>and they never will
Imagine this:

>God of War-esque game
>pizza box is light attack, pizza slice is heavy attack and pizza is kick/interact
>Enter bossu fighto cinematic kill
>game has subtle signs for when you should press a button but doesn't say which one
>you end up choosing which action you'll take, some times light attack is prefferable (eg while standing or being out of balance) other times the heavy attack is better (once you build up momentum or whatever) and kick the shit out of it whenever you feel like it
>You now have total control over how the QTE plays out, which can also add different scenarios or cinematic kills with the game punishing you if you choose the wrong attack

Tell me you wouldn't play this.
>>
No More Heroes 1 and 2
>>
>only 3-4 category-G monsters

if they at least added more it could be fun as fuck but its not. that huge ass toad was extremely fun to fight but it has only 1 level and variant
>>
>>285183823
I feel like the only game allowed to do QTEs is God-of-War
>>
>>285183715
Why?
>>
>hey guys let's have a weapon that has infinite ammo and extremely strong homing that kills in one hit and ejects from vehicles that you can start every game with

I honestly believe every single person involved in the creation of Lost Planet 2 was retarded.
>>
I think Ryse did it fairly well.
>>
>>285182730
>lost planet 2
>anything other then an example of a piece of shit

Honestly the game was horrible. Way too short, basically pretended the last game didn't exist for all purposes, and the online was junk. Shit I remember that had a faction system which people would sign up which team to go on, which kept being completely fucking broken weeks after launch. That and the side which featured women was always full and had 60%+ of the players
>>
I have a feeling the people who like Lost Planet 2 are the same people who like God Hand

only playing it because it's wacky and silly even though it's insanely unpolished and slapped together horribly.
>>
>>285183823
>They have never been implemented properly
Vanquish. God Hand.

Your move, retard.
>>
>>285184960
God of war does it right by only using them as finishers after chipping out bosses' health
Platinum should have done the same thing, but then they put them in 70% of the encounters on MGR and Bayo
>>
>>285186173
>2 unpolished subpar games only loved by hipsters
>>
Asura's Wrath was my GOTY
>>
>>
>>285186173
>retard

That's very hurtful anon! Stop oppressing the mentally handicapped shitlord!
>>
File: EXORAORAORA.gif (3 MB, 249x169) Image search: [Google]
EXORAORAORA.gif
3 MB, 249x169
>>285184556
If you don't mind lots of jap speak that doesn't really impact gameplay, you should just try out E.X. Troopers, it's the closest thing you're gonna get to another proper Lost Planet game right now.
>>
>steamworks never
>>
>>285186729
Shame it sold like shit even on the 3DS.
>>
>>285186173
Bad parts of two good games. They'd both be better without QTEs.
>>
File: intredasting.jpg (40 KB, 604x499) Image search: [Google]
intredasting.jpg
40 KB, 604x499
>>285186729
>>
File: dragons lair.jpg (39 KB, 352x264) Image search: [Google]
dragons lair.jpg
39 KB, 352x264
The only answer
>>
>>285185264
/thread
>>
>>285186729
That's like calling Yaiba the closest thing you're gonna get to another proper Ninja Gaiden game right now.
>>
>>285184602
This sounds fucking awful, I hate when games do shit like this. It's like those walk of shame parts except yours has combat. Fuck that shit.
>>
>>285188180
Yaiba was complete shit, whereas Troopers was not.
Also it did QTEs better, in that I think it didn't actually have any, unless you count breaking out of paralysis or frozen ailments button mashing QTE.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.