[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Golden Sun
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (201 KB, 640x637) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
201 KB, 640x637
So I completely missed out on this series when I had a GBA.

Are these games worth emulating, /v/? Do you have any protips for me?
>>
best gameboy advance games apart from advance wars.

protip: it's completely possible to miss shit. try your best not to.
>>
They're worth emulating.
If you play the first one and like it, make sure you don't miss any djinn, because if you have all the djinns by the second game it unlocks a secret dungeon
>>
>>284758745
IIRC nothing important like Djinn are permanently missable in either game
>>
Golden Sun is up there for one of the most pointless and boring JRPGs ever. Half of it is just repetitive dialogue that doesn't add to the characters, story or game itself. Aolmost as bad as Ni no Kuni or Suikoden V.
>>
>>284759872
incorrect

multiple djinn can be skipped and are never able to be acquired again

especially a few of the ones that you can only catch out in the open world.
>>
>>284759872
Well you don't recall correctly, faggot
>>
>>284760059
Wait, if they flee in the open world they are gone forever?
>>
>>284760059
None of the 28 Djinn in the first game are missable, as you can later backtrack to any part of the map. As long as you get all of them before transferring saves to TLA, you're golden.
>>
>>284760462
>golden password transfer
Fuck you.
>>
>>284759872

You can full on break the first game. Don't remember the specifics, but you had to talk to a certain guy in one of the towns to learn a skill. And then use that skill in the next area to proceed. But if you didn't talk to the guy, you wouldn't get that skill and have no way to go back to the village.

I found this bug by accident. And since I already was really annoyed by the game, I just quit. Not gonna fucking restart and watch 5 hours of dialogue again.
>>
>>284760121
yeah he did

every open world one can be missed, as well as many side bosses, side items, and stories
>>
>>284758561
Keep a spoiler-free guide for finding djinns, worth it so you dont have to re-play the entire game.
>>
>>284758561
I've only played the original, but it was nothing special. I wouldn't bother with it.
>>
File: 1423020846550.gif (973 KB, 500x360) Image search: [Google]
1423020846550.gif
973 KB, 500x360
>>284760937
Forgot to tell you this, play it with headphones, really, REALLY good music.
>>
>>284761073
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5d1rrbNo3o
>>
>>284758561
As far as I'm concerned it doesn't have a particularly interesting story. The battle system is also fairly boring. The music is decent, though.

I'm not actually sure why these games get so much love.
>>
>>284760937
were there any missable djinns? i remember getting them all and that long ass code for GS2 that was like 5 lines and 6 pages of numbers and letters.
>>
>>284761053
>>284761324
Trolling is a bannable offense and you must be 18+ to post here anons.
>>284761191
My fucking niggah
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eSlsV6ysY4
>>284761397
Yes, there is missable djinns and summons, like the one of the red tornado.
>>
>>284760242
No they're not. They're still in the same spot. None of the djinn are missable except if you don't carry at least 6 djinn of each of the elements into your GS2 Game.
If you're missing 1 djinn of each element, the game will make them spawn at specific points in GS, but if you're missing 2 or more, you're fucked.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.