[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do we fix fighting games?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 9
File: fighting games 02.jpg (78 KB, 696x337) Image search: [Google]
fighting games 02.jpg
78 KB, 696x337
How do we fix fighting games?
>>
Get good instead of crying about it.
>>
>>284722121
/thread
>>
Make more games like Melee
>>
>>284722060
you know you'd get more replies if you changed that from ryu to sagat
>>
>>284722235

I's love a SF to play like Smash Bros.
>>
File: latest[1].png (1 MB, 1314x1800) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
1 MB, 1314x1800
Play ones that aren't shit
>>
>>284722060
They are fundamentally broken because they are so deeply entrenched into the "hitbox" paradigm.
>>
>>284722121
this
>>
>>284722121
Enjoy your dead "community".
>>
Have more variety. Capcom has a ton of fighting franchises they've left dead only to make more and more Street Fighter.
>>
>>284722376
Hitbox are a fundamental of any game, wtf is wrong with you? not enough emotional score or MMO style dice roll for you?
>>
File: airplane girl.png (80 KB, 255x255) Image search: [Google]
airplane girl.png
80 KB, 255x255
I'm glad they are dying. They are not only stale, the fanbase celebrates the staleness.
>>
>>284722060

scale knockback and hitstun with accrued damage
allow players to influence knockback vector by inputting a direction on the stick during hitlag

congrats, you now have a legitimately interesting punish game based on prediction, reaction and conditioning your opponent, rather than memorizing inputs and 1f links
>>
>>284722376
There's something wrong with the concept of collision detection? It's kinda necessary for objects to interact.
>>
Introduce some sort of universal aerial movement option besides jumping.
Have characters run instead of dashing, and give them momentum.
Have super meter build from being aggressive, like just getting close to your opponent.
Create a mechanic that drains super meter if you spend too much time running away and not hitting your opponent.
>>
>>284722374
I will play Killer Instinct on super nintendo then thx anon.
>>
>>284722060
>I'm shit so they should change the game to suit me
You're literally tumblr, get cancer and die.
>>
>>284722376
Hitboxes are a good thing though, they are gameplay in its purest form. You can't think of characters in fighting games as literal human beings, but as rectangles that move around and hurt each other with timing and mathematics. Fighting games have nothing to do with actual fighting, in the same way that THPS has nothing to do with skateboarding; it's a skin that makes the abstract gameplay mechanics more appealing to look at.
>>
File: ttitoys.jpg (80 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
ttitoys.jpg
80 KB, 1280x800
>>284722694
>not the arcade version
enjoy the dumbed down version stupid
>>
>>284722845
>arcade version of KI

enjoy your glitchfest
>>
>>284722570

>dying
>practically every franchise people even give a remote shit about is getting a new sequel and EVO sold out of fucking passes

pls
>>
>>284722060
Copy melee, but make it less shit.

Seriously. Theres nothing worse than oldschool type fighting games where you have to memorize pages and pages movelists and combos.
>>
>>284722990
>EVO sold out of fucking passes

for two reasons

1) venue is half the size of last year's
2) literally thousands of Smash kids

the genre is dying, you don't have to deny it just because you like the games
>>
>>284722692
>Introduce some sort of universal aerial movement option besides jumping.
All anime games.

>Have super meter build from being aggressive, like just getting close to your opponent.
>Create a mechanic that drains super meter if you spend too much time running away and not hitting your opponent.
Guilty Gear.
>>
>>284722981
>not playing the Xbone port
>>
File: 1413157533048.jpg (68 KB, 302x405) Image search: [Google]
1413157533048.jpg
68 KB, 302x405
>>284722060

This will be a wonderful thread

We don't, what you need to do is git gud. Yes, sometimes things need to be nerfed or buffed but the core of it all, YOU need to put the effort in order to win.

The only thing FG's need more of is tutorials like those in Skullgirls that explain things like chains, mix-ups, crossups, etc.

Also there's a difference between spamming like a idiot and applying zoning pressure.
>>
>>284722060
Play kof you faggot.
>>
Modern fighting games might be worse than they used to be most of the time but they're better than any other shit with a functioning multiplayer nowadays. I tried to get into CS:GO but it fucking sucked and was boring and the online matches were full of subhumans.
>>
File: question.jpg (103 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
question.jpg
103 KB, 1600x1200
What's the fun in fighting games if there are only like 4 viable characters?
>>
>>284722374
who do you main? glacius fag here, although I'll be testing aganos on friday
>>
>>284723502
beating people with non viable characters
>>
File: 1390497300488.gif (997 KB, 340x247) Image search: [Google]
1390497300488.gif
997 KB, 340x247
Fighting games don't need to be fixed. There is plenty of variety.

It's crazy how many people bitch an moan about every fighting game playing like street fighter, tekken. or ArkSys games when all they play is, you guessed it, street fighter, tekken, or arksys games.

How many of you fuckers have played Gundam VS, or Arcana Heart, or Lethal League, or any fighting game that doesn't have an OFFICIAL MADKATZ or isn't played by your favorite e-celebs.

God damn plebs
>>
>>284723503
Orchid, I wanted to be a Maya fag but I sucked with her so fucking badly that I gave up. I'm definitely trying out Aganos too, he looks fucking ridiculous it's great
>>
>>284723702
Person who hasn't played KI here, how do opponents throw Aganos? He seems a bit hard to throw.
>>
>>284722060
an arcade game that is a super smash bros clone, but features Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft, and 3rd Party characters all in one game fighting each other.
>>
>>284723321
YOU KNOW WHATS FUNNY

MOST PEOPLE IGNORE ALL THE TUTORIALS

EVEN THE ONES ARKSYS PUTS UP

or even the ones online, everyone is too busy thinking of a mashing bash then something more
>>
>>284723640

or Melee
>>
>>284723702
orchid is a very well rounded character. also has brutal corner pressure, second only to riptor and kan ra in my opinion
>>
>>284723078

>Y-you mean I have to KNOW THINGS!?!?!?!
>FUCK THAT SHIT!!!!

Seriously asspipe. Go fuck yourself. Melee is trash made for 5 year olds who want to pretend they don't suck at everything.

>>284722060
The way you "fix" fighting games is to restrict who plays them. Keep retarded assholes like yourself from playing them, and allows decent players and people looking to learn to play them. Simple as that.

Fighting games is one of the only decent genres left not totally fist fucked by modern gaming. There's always multiple modes, many characters, you have to learn how to play and memorize things, there's usually unlockables, they're fucking built around replay value, DLC is usually cheap at least (and rarely every anything really great. just titty girl costumes for pervs)

Honestly, they're the best genre still around today.

Also, OP's pic is bullshit, because "zoning" is usually used to apply pressure, or bait your enemy into doing something stupid. MAYBE get in an OK hit, but it's all part of a larger strategy. Spammers literally just stand there and throw Hadokens all fucking day, thinking they're going to win.

THAT'S the fucking difference.
>>
>>284723502
There's none
>>
If only 4 characters are viable, why don't dump all the other characters and leave only those 4?

They can make simple palette swaps to make more characters.
>>
File: 1424674869257.jpg (95 KB, 736x1104) Image search: [Google]
1424674869257.jpg
95 KB, 736x1104
I'm not really a fighting game player(but I like fighting games, or what I've played of them with friends), but maybe make them like more than a tiny little flat screen with two characters with no existence outside of that little box. Multiplayer games like such are a bit depressing, just pretend that you're not playing against other people and you'll see.
>>
>>284722060
Make Darkstalkers 4.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.