[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The coming generation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: Bruce Rain.gif (352 KB, 499x289) Image search: [Google]
Bruce Rain.gif
352 KB, 499x289
So I bought my kids Minecraft for our PS3 a year or two ago and its all they really know of the game. Earlier today I showed them and their friends some of the shit I've built with friends back when we rode that hype wave for a time. They really liked my texture pack and one of the friends asked me how much it cost. When I told them that my texture packs and even addons for the PC were free, they were dumbfounded. They could not wrap their heads around free extra content.

This is the future of gaming, isn't it? I-I want off this ride. Its not fun anymore.
>>
>>321273672
Please take your faggoty shit somewhere else. Don't get sad like a little bitch. get mad.
>>
They just need to be properly educated about the vidya.
>>
>>321273672
I only have a PC and I don't use mods for any fucking games because I think it's retarded. I don't want something you, some random nobody, decided to make so you could feel unique and special to however many people "like" your content on moddb or the steam equivalent.

If you can't handle a game without mods you shouldn't be playing to begin with. Mods are not "free extra content" they are mods. Free extra content would have to be something professionally released by the company, otherwise you're stretching the context of content way too far and I could argue developers give out free wallpapers on their websites which - according to your shitty views - would be "free extra content ;^)". Actually, that'd be more like it than mods made by a fan to make it MLP themed.
>>
>Raise your kids to be retards
>They are retarded.
Wow, OP, I wonder what went wrong.
>>
>>321273846
I don't know if you're aware, but Minecraft sells shitty character skins and texture packs on the PC. They don't go so far as mods even. Just shitty recolors.
>>
>>321273969
Fuck. Not PC, meant PS3.

>>321273943
Their friend asked. Please read thoroughly before commenting on an 8 year old's intelligence.
>>
>>321273969
That's retarded. Skin creators are a penny a pound and any mongoloid can make skins

Hell, I sprited myself a porky skin back in the beta days. It ain't hard
>>
>>321274112
Right. The PS3 sells this shit. For money. My kid's friend was literally baffled at the idea of getting a Minecraft skin or texture pack for free.
>>
>>321273672
there are no secrets or unlocks in games anymore, it is all DLC

Season passes for every type of game

I don't even think there are kids out there that know how to Burn a CD let alone crack a game.
>>
>>321273672
kill yourself you fucking faggot

snitch ass blogposter
>>
>>321274512
Yeah I had my oldest kid play Melee with me when he was little because he had some fine motor skill issues. When they got SSB4 and he learned we had to buy extra characters instead of earn them it took him a while to accept.

"But I can just get them a different way, right? You only buy them if you want them easier?"
>>
>>321273735

>Don't get sad like a little bitch. get mad.

/v/ used to do that at one time.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.