[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Muh atmosphere >Muh lighting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 7
File: Moon Giants.png (1 MB, 855x968) Image search: [Google]
Moon Giants.png
1 MB, 855x968
>Muh atmosphere
>Muh lighting
>>
Looks better on 3ds
Is not big surprise
>>
i don't give a fuck what the whining faggots say about the 3ds version, it's better. graphics are better, and if that isn't enough it runs WAY better. that last one alone cements it as being the definitive version of the game.
>>
wtf were they smoking when they designed those guys? they horrified me as a child
>>
I wasn't aware Majora's Mask came out on the Virtual Boy.
>>
>>284582886
Me too. I was so scared of them i had to get my little sister to take the controller and do the bits where you talk to them at the end of temples while i left the room.

Stuff didn't usually freak me out as a kid but these guys really terrified me for some reason.
>>
My only problem with the 3ds version is that the moon is blockier/less round than in the 64 version for some reason.
>>
>>284582886
>>284583423

>no body
>weird proporitions
>completely black, soulless eyes

its easy to see why someone be freaked out by them
>>
Top gives you a gloom and doom fear of sadness

Bottom gives you a feeling of fear, stress, and confusion
>>
>>284582886
I feel like they were supposed to look like trees or something.
>>
>>284582886
>wtf were they smoking when they designed those guys? they horrified me as a child
They're deities so that reaction is what they were going for.
>>
>>284582886
Experiencing the first one's call as the body is shrouded in fog was bone chilling.
>>
Why did they move the banker in the game?
>>
>>284584389
I can only assume they thought it'd be faster despite the fact that the original was next to all of the shops and didn't care if it made any sense or not.
>>
>>284582886
I'm sure Miyamoto is addicted to some shit... I dunno, what is legal or easy to find in Japan?
>>
>>284584645
Cats.
>>
>Implying the moon is falling fast enough to compress air to a combustible state.
>>
>>284584645
No, the Japanese are just weird like that.

Though those nukes you Amerikanski pigdogs dropped on them probably exacerbated it.
>>
>>284584834
magic
>>
>>284584834

Oh wow, that's the only illogical thing about the game.
>>
>>284584834
Considering that the moon is being drawn to Earth by a supernatural power... shut up.
>>
>>284582886
I wasn't afraid, I was seriously dissappointed because I imagined they'd look strong and cool
>>
>>284581820
The original was a blend of hues. Reds purples, magentas. It kept in tone with the rest of the game. Which made use of greens and purples.

The new version pretty much said fuck you to the green and purple, and made everything blue and yellow. And this new moon falling scene is red and yellow, because some genius thought "FIRE BAD. MAKE MOON BAD LIKE FIRE"
>>
>>284584834
>>
File: mmtoilet.png (547 KB, 996x758) Image search: [Google]
mmtoilet.png
547 KB, 996x758
>>
File: oot-dead-hand.png (81 KB, 230x299) Image search: [Google]
oot-dead-hand.png
81 KB, 230x299
>>284582886
>thinking the giants are terrifying
>Redeads
>Stalfos(Skeletons)
>Pic related
>>
>>284585835
Those also terrified me. I was a pussy child. My first memory of being scared by a game was the skeletons coming out in the field at night in OoT.
>>
>>284585578
>something falling into the atmosphere
>not flaming
>>
>>284583692
>Jew nose
Freaky shit, bruh.
>>
>>284585578
>green and purple
thanks doc
>>
File: majoras-mask-3d-gyorg.png (143 KB, 395x236) Image search: [Google]
majoras-mask-3d-gyorg.png
143 KB, 395x236
>This is the only room in the game where you can freely shoot any point of water with Ice Arrows and create a platform
>This is the only room in the game with water physics
>>
>>284586282
Yup. And...?
>>
File: M3.png (14 KB, 480x384) Image search: [Google]
M3.png
14 KB, 480x384
>>284584645

Well, psylocybin shrooms were 100% legal in Japan up until 2002.

Not sure about Miyamoto, but I'm sure some people, like Shigesato itoi, have tried shrooms at least once. I wouldn't be surprised if Miyamoto or Aonuma did too, at least at some point when they were young. But again, it was completely a legal thing, they called it "magic mushrooms" and sold them at street vendors or through mail order shops (which are common in japan, or were before internet).
>>
>>284581820
I liked the old one. I think they were trying to make a panning shot of the giants and the horizon silhoutted against the sky.
>>
>>284586282
It's moving too slowly for that to happen.
And the point in time where it bursts into flames in both games it's already well past the atmosphere and shouldn't be bursting into flames anymore.
>>
>>284581820
bottom looks better, it looks like the fucking apocalypse as it should be
>>
>>284581820
The didn't ruin the visuals but they actively took a huge dump on the originals legacy be treating the players like idiots that they can't trust to talk to a monkey in order to progress
>>
>>284581820
Did they at least fix how the moon faces to side when the giants are holding it up and then when the scene switches back to the clock tower it's suddenly facing straight down?
>>
>>284581820

You know the brighter colors actually do alter the scene for me.

The original N64 moment seems sobering and somber. The world here is ending in a whimper and its the culmination of MM's overriding tone of fighting inevitability and subtle, muted sorrow.

By contrast, the color pallet for the 3DS version seems more bombastic and hellish. Its very overt and seems to spell out in big, bold letters:

"SHIT IS FUCKED UP, YOU READY FOR THE LAST BOSS FIGHT?! BETTER CHUG A MONSTER NOW, BITCH!".

The first image is thoughtful, introspective and treats the end of the world as an interesting sunset. The second image wouldn't feel out of place on an Iron Maiden album cover.
>>
>>284587149
I agree with you but it sounds faggy when you put it into words.
>>
>>284587149
Iron Maiden is too cool for that shit, fuck you.
>>
>>284587148

Nope! Noticed this yesterday.
>>
File: ItsLikeRebootButFuckedUp.jpg (234 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
ItsLikeRebootButFuckedUp.jpg
234 KB, 1280x1280
>>284587496

Thanks, I guess.

>>284587547

I didn't make the comparison as a compliment to the 3DS version, bruh.

I consider pic related to be only slightly more retarded than the OP's comparison.
>>
>>284587936
Who the fuck likes most metal/thrash metal past 1991, shitfuck metallica ruined it all with the black album
>>
>>284587936

>Artist who designed this cover hates it with a passion
>>
>>284587149
tl;dr they totally took away the atmosphere that made Majora's Mask be so beloved
>>
>>284586025

What did it for me was when I was playing Ocarina for the first time and I thought it was flying corn and it just ..I had to run. Fuck that corn.
>>
>>284588504
Atmosphere is basically the sum total of everything. It's just how a game makes you "feel," which is I guess opposed to tone which is how something wants to make you feel.

So naturally every slight change is going to affect the atmosphere in some subtle or not so subtle ways. Since MM3D is filled with tons of changes, it feels different, and a lot of those changes are totally baffling or unnecessary.
>>
>>284582886
this
nothing in majoras mask freaked me out more than the giants. what the fuck
>>
>>284588306
I can see why, that thing really didn't age well.
>>
>>284589020
>since MM3D is filled with tons of changes
>filled

MM is my favorite Zelda of all time, and honestly I've only noticed a few changes that bothered me.

>Zora swimming wasn't hard before, why change it
>Gyorg and Twinmold are so much better holy shit
>Why the fuck did they change the Stone and Giant's mask location?
>Weird new sun design for light arrow
>Replacing the location of some fairies
>Weird little startup for Deku link

Otherwise I really haven't noticed any other significant changes.
>>
>ordered MM3DSXL through Amazon
>delivery date estimate was yesterday
>had it shipped to my school (usually takes an extra day to arrive)
>still not here
>find out from student life the post office is super busy and messy
>might not get my new 3DS before my wisdom teeth removal tomorrow
>might not get my new 3DS at all
Hold me, /v/
>>
>atmosphere and lighting are not important

Gamers are retards. More news at 11.
>>
>>284589638
>>Zora swimming wasn't hard before, why change it
>>Why the fuck did they change the Stone and Giant's mask location?
>>Weird little startup for Deku link
Seriously
>>
>>284587042
it's funny you say this. My irl friend bought it and borrowed my 3DS. (He's a normalfag) and he was stuck on that part for ages even with the new stuff.
>>
>>284587936
Looks like a fucking vaporwave album.
>>
>>284589638
>>Gyorg and Twinmold are so much better holy shit
I absolutely love these BUT it seriously devalues Fierce Deity. Like shit, he's only useful in the first and last bosses now.
>>
>>284590332
Gotta make sacrifices sometimes. Besides, I never though Fierce Deity was all that useful on 2 out of 4 bosses anyhow.
>>
>>284590442
What, Goht and Twinmold?

I'd say he's useful for Goht. He can kill Twinmold super fast, but it rarely ever happens.
>>
>>284590442
He's same as before on the snowhead boss, and will instakill all of majora's forms as well as woodfall boss, but he can only be used on gyorg's first phase and, while technically he can kill bluemold, it's so fucking tedious.
>>
Oath to Order is the best music in Majora's Mask.
>>
File: 1399546078756.png (288 KB, 600x506) Image search: [Google]
1399546078756.png
288 KB, 600x506
Why were there kid versions of the Mask Salesman on the moon?
>>
>>284590442
He's good for the first half of the Gyorg fight and, I haven't tried it yet but, you should be able to continue to use him if you constantly use ice arrows to make ice platforms.
>>
>>284590963
No idea, but I wish the mask salesman comes back in the new zelda and we get more information on his background
>>
>>284590963
those where the lunar children
gotta appeal to the Pink Floyd audience
>>
>>284591149

The HMSM is a lunar child?
>>
>>284590863
One of the best tracks in all of Zelda.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okd3sCL_H60&hd=1
>>
>>284581820

Didn't you have to hold down the button to roll as a goron in the original instead of toggling it? I didn't even play the original enough to have any muscle memory for that kind of thing but I swear it fucks me up every time, especially if i need to exit a roll quick

is this just me? am i retarded?
>>
>>284589638
>Why the fuck did they change the Stone and Giant's mask location?
probably moved the masks somewhere where it made sense to be, very basic hand holding
>Weird little startup for Deku link
Never played the original. what do you mean?
>>
>>284591308
eh probably. hes a weird fucker
the kids you see running around are
lunar children and they look like HMSM
why not?
>>
>>284591457
Yes.
>>
>>284591887
>>284591457
Or rather, yes, you held the button down, it wans't a toggle. No, it's not just you, I don't like the change either.
>>
>>284591338
The perfect thing to hear after beating a temple
all the chaos and rush to beat the clock
then silence, and then this.
and than with the dramatic scene at the end with the giants. perfect
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.