[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong /v/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: capcom.jpg (66 KB, 800x277) Image search: [Google]
capcom.jpg
66 KB, 800x277
What went wrong /v/?
>>
Corrupted at birth, enabled by technology.
>>
>>284498771
I seriously believe it has something to do with lead poisoning or radiation. No company can become this retarded in just one generation.
>>
Nothing, they are slowly getting back on track.
>DMC4:SE, Itusno is on the case
>Dogma F2P online game that plays and looks exactly like the DD we want, on PC
>MonHun 4 is amazing
>no outsourcing IPs
>Revelations 2 looks not bad which is a plus as the series is in a shaky position
>Deep Down development expanded and they even said themselves what they had was probably a dud
Literally only missing Mega Man
>>
>>284499060
>No MH:GG In the west
Fucking hell Capcom I WANT to give you more money, just let me.
>>
>>284499060

>Literally only missing Mega Man

I'm not sure what the fuck happened to that character.
>>
>>284499981
They had no idea what to do with him.

They could pull a SEGA and make dud after dud like Sonic, but they shelved him. They could just do MM11 and make a short 2D game with the same old mechanics with a few new tricks when it comes to the bosses. I think shelving him to save the character from a horrible fate is fine.

That Mega Man edgy reboot is what happens when they try to go out of your comfort zone
>>
File: 1416442488373.png (19 KB, 130x130) Image search: [Google]
1416442488373.png
19 KB, 130x130
>>284499060
>Dogma F2P online game that plays and looks exactly like the DD we want, on PC
>combat in trailers looks laggy
>less physics
>despite 2 released trailers, neither feature actual magic or special effects
>no localization
>region lock
I don't know what DD you played, but people who played the real game wanted different things.
>>
>>284500294

>From the people who brought you the bestselling reboot which changed the industry forever - DmC: Devil may Cry
>RMM: Revenge of the Mega Man
>>
I don't really care for mega man nor do I play fighting games.

Everything else from capcom is pretty great.
>>
>>284498771
>>What went wrong /v/?
everything after dreamcast / REmake
>>
>>284502232

>nor do I play fighting games

You should play them sometime. Capcom has made some cool ones.
>>
>>284498771
Basically everything that could've went wrong, in all honesty.
>>
>>284502608
Really the only one I was able to get into was GGXX. The party house I went to a few years back loved the capcom fighting games but eh.. I don't know. I just really couldn't get too into them. I tried to like them though because it was a big thing over there but just couldn't.
>>
>>284499981
They got tired of making new "retro" games and the Mega Man universe and Legends 3 games looked fucking awful. Also infuane is a cunt.
>>
>>284498771
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Honestly, questionable and outright stupid business decisions

all my favorite devs from Capcom either moved on to work at Platinum or went indie.

Thankfully, they have some decent ips that are still worth getting inot, but none of them have the the same spark as their older ones.

But hell, I'm surprised Capcom and Konami are still around with all the shitfests they've been stirring for the past few years.
>>
>>284498771
Focus on f2p games and rapeing beloved franchises
Want another BoF that is not on mobile? Here have f2p shit
Want another DD? Here have f2p shit
Want another resident evil? Here have an episodic game with loads of microtransactions
Want another megaman game? Too bad, cancelled
Want another monster hunter on consoles? Here have a f2p mmo
>>
File: Dark-Pit-Smash-Bros-3DS-Wii-U.png (741 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Dark-Pit-Smash-Bros-3DS-Wii-U.png
741 KB, 1366x768
>>284498771
Nintendo hasn't bought them yet :^)
>>
>>284504054
>Nintendo purchasing Capcom as a subsidiary

I'd be 100% okay with this.

Some of their games are Nintendo exclusive, so it wouldn't make much of a difference.

Also, Nintendo knows what to do with Mega Man better than Capcom. (Even though him being in Smash 4 was eh)
>>
File: 1125391922806.jpg (8 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1125391922806.jpg
8 KB, 300x300
Gave us Lost Planet 3
Didn't give us EX Troopers
Lost Planet 2-2 not a thing
>>
Too bad Sony is broken and can't buy this shit, hell even if M$ bought tem I would be happy
>>
File: BN3BassOmega.webm (1 MB, 240x160) Image search: [Google]
BN3BassOmega.webm
1 MB, 240x160
>>284500294
>They could pull a SEGA and make dud after dud like Sonic, but they shelved him. They could just do MM11 and make a short 2D game with the same old mechanics with a few new tricks when it comes to the bosses. I think shelving him to save the character from a horrible fate is fine.

Mega Man has 7 different subseries, one of which was getting a reboot or becoming a new subseries (MM Online), one was getting a sequel with solid attention (Legends), and one had developer interest and could have been reborn from its fully realized potential now that technology caught up with the ingame technology (Battle Network).

To say shelving Mega Man was the best thing they could have done for him shows you have no clue as to what the Mega Man series is about and you have no friggin imagination to boot.
>>
>>284498771

They had a bit of a stumble, but I think they realized how much they fucked up and are trying to better themselves.

Ultra Street Fighter 4 is in a great spot right now since Capcom actually listened to player feedback and they are heavily supporting the competitive scene.

Re-releasing DmC, hopefully fixing a lot of the issues people had with that game. Also re-releasing DMC4.

They are listening to their community, which is wonderful. Very few big developers actually do that. Even if Capcom sucked ass for the past 5 or so years, I can at least respect that they are trying to change for the better.

Now all we need is Dragon's Dogma Online to come to the West and a Mega Man revival. And not that 8-bit shit. I want a next-gen Mega Man game that stays true to the original formula while introducing enough new ideas to make it different like what the X series did.
>>
How would Capcom handle Sonic?
>>
They canceled Darkstalkers 4.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.