[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Monster Hunter 4
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: mh4u.jpg (26 KB, 480x269) Image search: [Google]
mh4u.jpg
26 KB, 480x269
I think I'm in heaven /v/. I have never played a game this hardcore. Even God Hand wasn't this hard. This is amazing.
>>
File: image.jpg (162 KB, 1334x750) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
162 KB, 1334x750
Just fucking kill me.
>>
>>284204375
why
>>
>MH
>more hardcore than DMC, Dark Souls, or God Hand
lol no.
>>
Monster Hunter is for casuals
>>
I played MH4 for 24 hours straight the other day. My life is spiraling out of control
>>
>>284204935
>DMC
>Dark Souls
>Hardcore
OH im laffin
>>
>>284205554
Casual identified and confirmed.
>>
>>284205629
Casual identified and confirmed.
>>
>>284204375
What's wrong?
>>
Time to school all the kiddies in this thread.

Monster Hunter is the single deepest, most challenging, most skill-based game ever created. There is not a single other game in any genre that comes close to the level of skill Monster Hunter requires.

This is why Monster Hunter threads are the best, most intelligent threads on /v/. Only the smartest, brightest, and most patient people post in them. Essentially, the very best of humanity posts in them.

Conversely, the only people who don't like Monster Hunter clearly don't have the skills to handle its depth. It is too hardcore for them. That's okay though. Games like Halo exist for people like them. Monster Hunter fans are too good to hold grudges
>>
>>284206326
Why are you trying to make us look bad?
>>
>>284206228

looks like a scratch to me
>>
anyone else 's N3ds' top screen flimsy from the hinge? i can move mine from side to side and it's annoying the hell out of me ever since i found out
>>
Monster Hunter is for casuals.
>>
>>284204375
>>284206228
Import some N3DSXL thin, clear protectors. You can find them on Goasia, Amiami, ebay, and so on.

>>284206662
It's got a little give, yeah.
>>
File: naja.jpg (212 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
naja.jpg
212 KB, 400x400
I've had a pretty easy time playing, but then I run into this asshole. As a hammer user It felt like going for his head was just bait to fuck you up since it always just ended in wiffs from his head being out of reach followed by a huge chunk of my hp bar gone. I got my shit pushed in but I still beat him. didn't feel too good about it. Is this guy just really tricky to fight or are other weapons better? It felt like a range weapon would fuck him up since he just kinda stood still far away from me most of the fight.
>>
>>284206662

i think they are all to varying degrees

theoretically it's intentional so that the hinge doesnt break like on the OG 3ds
>>
>>284206489
There's nothing in that post that makes us look bad. Git gud.
>>
>>284206781

he was pretty easy for me as a GS user and that's including the fact i only attacked his tail
>>
>>284206781
I beat him easily.

Going for the head generally isn't worth it. Stuns don't last long enough to make it worth the effort, especially since most monsters have a zero wind-up lurch attack that hits the front.
>>
File: 41aTIn02e5L.jpg (27 KB, 417x500) Image search: [Google]
41aTIn02e5L.jpg
27 KB, 417x500
>>284204375
Man that pouch looks great, I can't wait to get mine.
I've got a couple scratches on the back side of the LE model but its not really distinct.
I hope you put on Hori screen protectors though
>>
>>284206834
It's pretentious as shit is what it is. If we actually were as good as it claimed, we'd be humble, not braggarts.

Also it's setting people up to expect better than they'll find, which will only make us seem even worse because one shitposter is suddenly representative of the entire fanbase having a high opinion of itself.

That's a fucking terrible copypasta.
>>
>>284206489
Brother, you don't need help looking bad.
>>
>>284206781
faggots that are new to this game like you that use a hammer think that you should only be going for their heads. just smash and break his tail. you'll have plenty of chances to smash in its chin when u mount it. the fight has way too many opportunities for you to not air attack it.
>>
>>284206781
Other weapons are better.

I'm convinced that Najarala exists to teach impact weapon users that you don't always need to go for the head 100% of the time.
>>
>>284207160
>I'm convinced that Najarala exists to teach impact weapon users that you don't always need to go for the head 100% of the time.
Definitely hasn't been my experience hunting him 20 times for a frigid beak with the charge blade
>>
>>284206781
I beat him and got his armour with the hammer easily enough.

Abuse mounting. And super-pound his body if you can't hit his head. It's easy to line up because he's a huge target.
>>
>>284206934
ya after carting the second time I just hammered on his back leg. Seemed like a pretty safe spot to hit him. I usually do the same against Jho aswell.
>>
Is playing on an old 3ds that bad as people are saying?
i don't want to get a n3ds, and if it's that bad on the older models i rather wait for a wii u version
>>
Is it worth it to try and use bowguns in this game?
>>
File: wiiuniggers.jpg (2 MB, 5000x5000) Image search: [Google]
wiiuniggers.jpg
2 MB, 5000x5000
>>284207343
>wii u version
>>
>>284207343

i dont think anyone is saying that the original 3ds is bad, it's just that 4U is much much better on the new3ds
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.