[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://nintendoeverything.com/miyam oto-on-dev-time-spin-off
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 8
File: miyamoto-cedec[1].jpg (33 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
miyamoto-cedec[1].jpg
33 KB, 1000x667
http://nintendoeverything.com/miyamoto-on-dev-time-spin-off-games-for-major-franchises-plenty-of-wii-u-games-next-year/

>In this way, we are preparing to expand on our characters while also increasing the number of software we output and allowing our customers to have their next experiences in certain franchises without waiting three years.

>We are also working more and more with many different 3rd party companies to produce our titles [note: this seems to refer to outsourcing stuff like asset creation, cut-scenes, etc] and from this year we have begun to work with some software developers for the very first time.

So what other spin offs like Hyrule Warriors do you want to see from Nintendo in the future?
>>
Considering the Wii U gets barely any third parties, it would be very interesting to see them keep a portfolio of games just on their IPs by getting team ups like Hyrule Warriors with other developers. Like a console just filled with only Nintendo characters.
>>
>>284026931
Oh cool so they're going to saturate their franchises with more soul less knock off bullshit like hyrule warriors and other m

great
>>
>>284026931
F Zero sandbox game with beat-em-up and racing portions.

Turn based RPG Zelda game.

Survival horror set in the Metroid universe, but not necessarily staring Samus.
>>
>Platinum Games does a crazzzyyyy Metroid game

this is what I want. yes i know it would be nothing like old Metroid
>>
>>284027678
The combat system in Other M actually lays a fairly decent ground work for a cuhrazy Metroid title. Drop the shitty story out, and you might be on to something there.
>>
>>284026931
Super Mario Musou
>>
Poyo Souls.
>>
>>284026931
Mega Man x Mario
>>
>>284027547
>Survival horror set in the Metroid universe, but not necessarily staring Samus.
So you play a space pirate desperately trying to get away from the hunter while trying to complete your job of making sure all the power latrines are working
>>
They're just going to make mobile style games. Screencap this.
>>
>>284027678

Platinum is moving on to doing better things that whatever Nintendo forces them to make on their dead console.
>>
>>284028260
Or as one of the GF marines from the start of Prime 2
>>
File: cuteAnimal20.jpg (10 KB, 280x220) Image search: [Google]
cuteAnimal20.jpg
10 KB, 280x220
>We have lots of new shit
>We just can't tell you what it is
>Really

I hate when companies do this
>>
>>284028398
have to wait for E3
>>
File: Zero.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Zero.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>284026931
Well finally, and that's great news. I'm getting that Xenoblade X bundle but I was worried I'd have to play Dragon quest X after I burned out of it and bayo 2.
>>
>>284028398
They don't want to show stuff (from their main IPs) that never actually sees the light of day.
Mostly because causing hype and then failing to deliver is bad press.

This is why we we're shown off the wall stuff like Project H.A.M.M.E.R. or Project Giant Robot, but we're only shown stuff from the games in the large IPs if it's for sure going to end up in a released game inb4 someone responds to this with a pic from a tech demo that uses Zelda characters
>>
>>284026931

HD development was really a curvball for Nintendo.

That, and having no 3rd party support has them on the ropes.
>>
File: page-4.jpg (570 KB, 630x945) Image search: [Google]
page-4.jpg
570 KB, 630x945
>>284027547
>F Zero sandbox game with beat-em-up and racing portions
Why not just have Falcon do what he does in his spare time, be a bounty hunter. Maybe it can have some chase sequences, but it doesn't strictly have to include racing.
>>
>>284028934
Yeah, that's kind of exactly what I was going for.
>>
File: Samus motivational.png (85 KB, 355x479) Image search: [Google]
Samus motivational.png
85 KB, 355x479
>>284026931
SO WE METROID NOW?
>>
POKEMON
MOTHERFUCKING
SNAP
FOR
WII U AND 3DS
>>
>a TPS F-Zero game done in the style of GTA

Imagine running around Mute City, stealing peoples' futuristic cars and shooting/falcon-punching the shit out of anything that gets in your way. The story could revolve around him actually doing some bounty hunting, since he never seems to do any of that in his other games.

Nintendo will never do it though...
>>
File: over-the-shoulder.jpg (25 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
over-the-shoulder.jpg
25 KB, 600x338
>>284027547
>Survival horror set in the Metroid universe
>>
Inafter "F-Zero by Platinum in the style of God Hand"
>>
>>284028934

Aw shit, I didn't see your comment before I posted mine but yeah, sounds like we're on the same page here
>>
>>284029156
>Nintendo game
>Shooting people
>>
>>284029106
Holy fuck, there is so much potential to be had here with the gyro controls allowing you to aim the camera. Why haven't they done this yet?
>>
>>284029106
Never Hal only makes kirby now
>>
>>284029240
Captain Falcon has a gun, he just never uses it...
>>
>>284029240
What about Metroid and Star Fox?

Although I guess you aren't really shooting "people" as much as you are shooting non-human enemies.
>>
>>284026931
I've said this before: Kirby/Klonoa crossover.
>>
File: F-Zero_GX_box_artwork.png (186 KB, 250x355) Image search: [Google]
F-Zero_GX_box_artwork.png
186 KB, 250x355
yeah guys i'd hate for them to outsource any franchises, that never went well
>>
>>284029106
http://www.gamnesia.com/news/masuda-talks-about-a-pokemon-snap-sequel
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/10/junichi_masuda_talks_pokemon_snap_and_listening_to_fans
>>
nintendogs musou plz
>>
>>284029347
>shooting non-human enemies.
Bingo. That's why we'll(possibly) never get a Metroid title set after Fusion. The galactic federation is after Samus, thus she'd then be shooting Fed troopers.

Hunters are different though.
>>
table top remake of starfox 64
>>
It's fucking great to see that even nintendo knows that people literally are not interested in the quality of a video game but rather which characters are in it.
>>
Hyrule Souls

Souls game by From with a LoZ setting.
This way, people that want a Souls like Zelda will shut up and the others will still have the mainline Zelda games untouched.
>>
File: 1422028605100.jpg (124 KB, 680x650) Image search: [Google]
1422028605100.jpg
124 KB, 680x650
>>284029563
>>
>Hideo Kojima presents
>a new survival horror game
>Metroid: The Phantom Planet
>>
>>284027031
That's pretty much the exact reverse I would want from a console thinking about it.

On pretty much all consoles, whether it's Nintendo Sony or Microsoft. It's always the first party stuff and their IP's that interest me the least.
>>
>tfw SMT X FE hasn't been mentioned since it was announced, except for last year's E3 when they refused to comment on it

it's probably dead...
>>
>>284029786
>Implying I wouldn't play it
>>
>>284029792
I think its going to be how they team up with other devs and how other devs used them. They have a really good background of characters and settings to work with, and can easily jump genres.
>>
>>284029867
we would all play it
>>
Very interesting. All Nintendo has are their IPs, so this will certainly attract 3rd party developers.

Still, aren't they already doing this? Other M, the sequels to Yoshi's Island etc were all 3rd party.
>>
>>284029786
>Kojima in charge of Metroid

Fuck no, Other M's cutscenes everywhere were bad enough already.
>>
>>284029858
They reconfirmed it not too long ago, research these things.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.