[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are the times changing?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5
File: 124234523412.png (118 KB, 476x515) Image search: [Google]
124234523412.png
118 KB, 476x515
Are the times changing?
>>
File: 0e9.jpg (27 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
0e9.jpg
27 KB, 600x600
It's fucking amazing how the casual audience is reacting to The Order 1886 and it's "cinematic experience" bullshit.

I'm proud of the community for reacting how they are for once, damn. Plus, the backlash on GAF will be hilarious.
>>
File: sit.png (153 KB, 349x464) Image search: [Google]
sit.png
153 KB, 349x464
How the fuck do you sit on that thing
>>
>>283964619
>trying to samefag an epic bread
>>
>>283964758
Before this post

>4 Unique posters
>>
>>283964370
don't get your hopes up, had it featured a butch lesbian main character it would be praised everywhere
>>
>>283964176
I don't think so, I think they are using something as a scapegoat again, so they can continue to review CoDs within 8-9 range
>>
You know people bitch about games like The Last of Us or Metal Gear Solid 4 being more movie than game but even though they both have a heavy emphasis on story it still shows at the end of the day that gameplay mattered to the devs. Sure there's a ton of cutscenes but you spend a good deal of time sneaking around and fighting guys in both games regardless, and more importantly both games are decently long and, at least in TLOU's case, fun to replay. The sheer fuckheadedness of the guys behind The Order is just astounding and I'm glad people are pushing their shit in.
>>
>>283964176
The pendulum is swinging.

Soon videogames need to be over the top, zany, cartoony, unrealistic, edgy. and fun.
>>
>>283964370
Its pretty cool how after all the controversy in the last couple years people still just want vidya and not PC movies with a QTE every now and then.
>>
>>283964370
The man who leaked this shit game online is a god damn hero
>>
>>283964929
That's all I ask for.
>>
>>283964176
No. The Order is simply a sacrificial lamb. This is a desperate attempt on the part of the press to seem like they're on the side of the public that's been bashing them for so long. This time will pass, then cinematic experiences will go back to being 9/10s.
>>
>>283964921
Gameplay in TLOU still wasn't great and the story was still clearly the priority
>>
Gamergate is changing gaming
>>
>>283964619
It's a back+arm rest you fucking mongoloid.
>>
>>283964370
I don't buy the whole thing. The casual audience is easily manipulatable. I very much doubt they're doing this because of taste or the realisation that cinematic games are shit. It's more the fad of the moment to be opposed to it, perhaps because it has been done too often, and since the internet and reviewers say it's bad they get mad about it.
It's similar with the whole 30 vs 60 fps thing. For a certain type of game, 60 fps is certainly something you'd want, e.g. FPS, but then again you'd probably also want to play them with a mouse yet nobody minds the lack of choice of input devices.

I am amused by the backlash, but I'm not convinced that the majority of the people joining the anti-hype-train are actually discerning customers.
>>
>>283965397
>>283965397
there's no ass rest you retard
>>
Just yesterday they did a pool and realized over 90% of their readerbase prefers GAMEplay over MUH MOVIES on a videoGAME, maybe they got a clue of who to pander to
>>
>>283964370
Eh, you cannot judge the "casual audience" by IGN.

The wider culture doesn't give a crap about 'quality' in video games. Or in entertainment in general. It's not that important.

You need to understand that most people see video games (and everything else in entertainment unless it's a classic critically acclaimed universal item) as simple time wasters and general distractions to keep them from getting bored.

The people in video game forums and sites are basically critical to the gaming world because gaming is not just a hobby to them... they believe it matters, they live for it, they have schedules around it, it's a part of their real life world... they are serious about it. You are critical of a game because you care.

The millions of people who will purchase The Order DO NOT CARE and will likely purchase the game because it's something new and it has a good trailer.

Devs no longer need to take into account the consumers who give too much of a damn because VIDEO GAMES ARE NOW MAINSTREAM. This means that this game will make money just as any movie/album that comes out will make money if marketed properly.

So, no, video game devs aren't stupid. They just know how the business works and probably understood that with current statistics in gaming and the lack of competition in this release window, this game will sell regardless. AND IT WILL.

Keep this in mind. If the early Youtube leak didn't happen, which now placed this game in a launch crisis, then the devs would likely just be proud that they made a game this beautiful. Since the leak DID happen, they're not trying their best to save their sales from the "hyper critical" audience because they know the mainstream will still buy it without even knowing anything you know about it.
>>
>>283964370
>Plus, the backlash on GAF will be hilarious.
You mean the acceptance?
GAF would literally eat shit if Sony had dignified it one way or another
>>
>>283965269
fucking this
>>
>>283965605
Really is just because the game is done by a AAA, if it was made by some woman with blue hair it will be praise like the second coming of christ.
>>
So they're finally figuring out that the faggots who like the cinematic walking simulators are a vocal minority and shouldn't be pandered to?
>>
I fucking called this months ago.

I said that The Order will be the game that ruins the whole "cinematic" trend and proves to causals that cinematic doesn't equal good.
>>
>>283964176
You know a game is a flop when Seven-to-Ten IGN gives it a 6.5 and posts shit like this.
>>
I really hope more casuals start to see through abhorrent DLC practices like the stuff in Evolve.
>>
>>283964929
They already tried to start that trend with Sunset Overdrive but instead of being over the top and fun they just filled it with memes
>>
>>283965703
Well best case scenario for Sony is the game sells relatively well and they make a sequel that nobody cares about.

It worked for David Cage.
>>
>>283966153
Saints Row Gate Out of Hell did it better: have imposing yet vaguely satirical enemies (demons) and a horrific hellscape but have a story that doesn't take itself too seriously. Also, charge 20 bux for a 5 hour game, not 60
>>
>>283966153
Yeah, SO is obnoxious.
Anything can be done badly.
>>
>>283966323
What I'd want to see happen if there's a sequel is for them to make it the game it seemed like it was going to be: namely, you in charge of customizing a team to go into vampire and werewolf dens and kill them. No 95% of the game being fighting against humans, no "no, Galahad, we are the demons!" story, no qte every 3 minutes
>>
File: 1376252197906.jpg (15 KB, 360x240) Image search: [Google]
1376252197906.jpg
15 KB, 360x240
shots fired
>>
>>283965495
Feel the same way. It honestly seems bizarre that this was the game which broke the cycle especially when it was an exclusive for the most popular console with pretty graphics.

We've had plenty of other shit recently which can barely claim to be a game with less quality. The leak might have something to do with it but it is odd maybe because it was the first which didn't have the SJW crowd defending it?
>>
File: fuckshit.png (163 KB, 476x515) Image search: [Google]
fuckshit.png
163 KB, 476x515
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.