[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Extra Credit Hate Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 8
File: Extra Faggots.jpg (59 KB, 415x290) Image search: [Google]
Extra Faggots.jpg
59 KB, 415x290
How much do you hate Extra Credits?
>>
>skinner box
>>
>>283847993
The only thing that really bothers me is how they present themselves
>on a podium talking down to you
>jump cut every two seconds to keep the ADHD audience in check
>every paragraph written is riddled with sentences that make it sound like what they are saying is God-like
>they try to give you actual knowledge on a topic in five minutes; topics that would probably take a college lecture period to fully discuss
>Videogames are art first to them and entertainment second

And there are some videos that are either entirely misinformed or blatantly obvious topics
I've wasted my time on worse
>>
>>283849460
The only thing I have to credit them for is their recommendations lists.

Even then it got me into OFF, which, while I enjoyed it as a mediocre freeware game, its fanbase its basically cancerous Homestuck overflow, so.
>>
>>283848716
I don't get it.

>>283849460
Reminder that Yahtzee is literally the only person left on Escapist.
>>
>>283847993

EC is retarded leftist nonsense made by beta males.
>>
File: handsome-boy.jpg (18 KB, 205x244) Image search: [Google]
handsome-boy.jpg
18 KB, 205x244
>>283850289
>beta males

Boy you better be ironic.
>>
We're running out of internet
>>
What the fuck has James actually worked on?
>>
>>283847993
I don't mind them generally. They can certainly get a bit pretentious and some episodes are plain retarded but it is tough to find academic type discussion regarding vidya and i do love me some overanalysis so meh
>>
>hate
hate requires me to actually care, and i don't care about these idiots and their wrong opinion videos.

now spirit science on the other hand, thats some quality YouTube
>>
It's like Egoraptor but even more retardedif that's even possible and agenda driven.
>>
File: 1293429878335.png (44 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1293429878335.png
44 KB, 1000x1000
>hey guys lets bring back the arcade system
>but to your home consoles
>pay per life on a game on your home fucking console

I can't even begin to understand how they have a following.
>>
>>283850528
if they had actually produced something of importance you can damn well be sure they would be name dropping it constantly.

those who can't do make YouTube videos for adsense dollars
>>
>>283849460
>every paragraph written is riddled with sentences that make it sound like what they are saying is God-like
This is my biggest problem with their videos. Their short video lengths compared with the complexity of the topics being discussed requires them to use some awful language shortcuts to make it seem like their hot opinions are just right and you shouldn't argue.
>>
WE'RE RUNNING OUT OF BANDWIDTH ANON!

DO YOU THINK IT GROWS ON TREES?
>>
File: 1423709857995.gif (100 KB, 231x444) Image search: [Google]
1423709857995.gif
100 KB, 231x444
>>283850414
>mfw beta males get upset over being called beta

White Knighting girls
No muscle mass
Low testosterone
Can't grow a full beard
Terrible or avoids all physical activities
Identifies as a male feminist
>>
They sell their own ignorance as enlightened. I've never before seen people so far up their own ass.
They know jackshit about videogames, think ARMA is a Call of duty ripoff and generally annoy the shit out of everyone who played videogames before it became "hip" and "so nerdy" in 2007. Literally all their problems come from the fact that their first console seems to have been the xbox 360.
And their weird obsession with outdated fads like zombies (which became nerd chique around the same time thanks to crap like shaun of the dead and the dawn of the dead remake). Before that zombie movies and videogames were just awkward shlock for creepy nerds. And then it suddenly became cool and attracted people like extra credits.
Their points give you brain cancer if you try to understand them
>don't gender gameplay
>because girls don't like shooting stuff
like what the fuck man, that's a huge assumption to make in the first place and speaks more of YOUR fucking bias against women, you little chipmunk voiced beta faggot.
>>
>>283847993

>How much do you hate Extra Credits?
>sage
>>
>>283850528
>What the fuck has James actually worked on?
Probably nothing. He claimed to have worked on call of duty, but I think that turned out to be a lie, delusion or a stretch. Maybe he was in a target audience testing or something, where they dragged people fom college campus into some marketing firm to play for half an hour and then check some marks on a sheet.
>>
SPACE JEWS
>>
>>283847993
I am indifferent to them.
>>
>>283851862
>target audience testing

Likely. I had a friend who Gearbox let test out BL2 for the XBox 360, and the bastard wouldn't stop flaunting it around and telling everyone about the entire staff there.
>>
Extra history and their insights about working with a team are alright. Everything else they do is garbage.
>>
Enough to not watch their videos.
>>
File: 1422472035627.jpg (112 KB, 1144x269) Image search: [Google]
1422472035627.jpg
112 KB, 1144x269
Their video on fighting games makes /v/'s Smash vs FGC shitfests look scholarly
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw
>>
>>283850919
Are they the same guys as spirit science?
>>
>>283850797
I haven't watched them in a long time. They had an interest idea; introducing video games for teaching school subjects. That's pretty much the only thing I liked, especially with how fucking hard it is for people to focus, kids especially, with the constant stimulation of technology.

I haven't watched more videos by them in a long time.
>>
>>283850919
>spirit science
I pulled it up. What the fuck am I about to watch?
>>
File: Extra credits.png (833 B, 169x18) Image search: [Google]
Extra credits.png
833 B, 169x18
This sums it up.
>>
>>283853129

Something amazing
>>
File: 1364392262314.png (57 KB, 178x180) Image search: [Google]
1364392262314.png
57 KB, 178x180
Their video about Jrpgs is absolute fucking shit

>JRPGs should be about epic story telling!
>every JRPG is final fantasy!
>lets ignore the appeal other jrpg-subgenres like shin megami tensei, etrian odyssey, Ys and Tales!
>REALLY, THE ONLY WAY JRPGS CAN SUCCED IS WITH EPIC FINAL FANTASY-LIKE STORY TELLING.

>WHY FIGHTING GAMES SHOULD BE CASUAL (we already have smash)
>WHY THE VITA IS DEAD (despite success in japan)
>WHY MMOS ARE BORING AND NEED MORE STORYTELLING AND SHOULD NOT BE F2P (lets disregard how korea is revolutionizing MMOS with action-fast paced P2P games with crazy PVP)
>WHY MINECRAFT CULTURE SAVED VIDEOGAMES
>WHY GAMES SHOULD BE MORE DIVERSE
>WHY STORY STORY STORY STORY

how can be so WRONG AT EVERYTHING
>>
>>283852908
Eh, not really. At least they don't complain about fucking quarter circles.
>>
>>283853129
Lemuria crystals and literally all the stupid shit people tell you when you're tripping
>>
>>283850919
Ctrl-F Spirit science
Thank you /v/. These videos are set up exactly the same. Are they related in some way?
>>
I know some people will object to the idea of creating something lengthy about a thing you hate, but I'd really like to see a list of all the things that EC has been wrong about, just to laugh at how big it is.
>>
>>283847993
For being lazy fucks who don't do their research while pretending to know it all?

A lot.
>>
File: 1372386305968.jpg (160 KB, 666x666) Image search: [Google]
1372386305968.jpg
160 KB, 666x666
>>283855190

I hate EC so much Im going to do fucking do it.

the worst thing about EC is that they are not exactly wrong about some facts, but the way REPRESENT those facts as if they are the sole 100% fool-proof reasons to back up their bullshit narratives.

it generally goes in this fashion

- game has poor sales in america (fact)
- did well in japan (ignored)
- GAME IS BAD BECAUSE IT DIDNT APPEAL TO THE MINECRAFT TRANSGENDER DEMOGRAPHIC AND YOU HAD TO DO QUARTER CIRCLES TO EXECUTE COMMANDS
- HOW DO WE FIX THIS!? (there was nothing to fix in the first place)
>>
>>283855190

I couldn't imagine how long the list would be, the last video I watched was the PSVITA one where they used ridiculously outdated figures as the current systems sales suggesting the system had sold like 4 million units from launch until 2014.

When it really sold almost 9 million(while not high, they were out by a factor of 2) as of their video.
>>
>>283851158

>He continues in arcade games.

True casual right here.
>>
>>283856526

EC completely disregards that the current appeal of the vita is as a niche console with niche games

it has found success like that in japan and even in the west due to its huge indie library.

Vita actually keeps alive many small companies in japan like marvelous AQL (senran kagura) which is strongly supported by a small but dedicated niche fanbase who is willing to pay 80+ dollar equivalent in yens for huge limited editions.

why not even mention that vita is one of the highest-attachment consoles of all time? sure it doesnt sell that much but apparently everyone who has a vita seems to be happy, doesnt that count for anything AT ALL?

but never mind that, we all should listen to EC and play super mario baby 3D adventure on the 3DS because its what is successful and nothing else matters.
>>
>>283855190
>>283855860

>Other M is bad Samus was a silent protagonist before Other M, and giving a voice to a silent character will always fuck it up
>Samus had extended dialog sequences if Fusion, 8 years before Other M
>Kid Icarus Uprising gave voices to a silent cast and came out amazing

Not saying Other M is good by any means, but they could at least be knowledgeable as to why it's bad as opposed to just being wrong all the time.
>>
>extra credits

I kinda liked their videos- like, 5 years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22gmnAG8Xj0
>>
>>283850919

> quality youtube.

you are jesting right?
>>
I hate them not because I disagree with their opinions, I do, but that they present their opinions as facts of the industry yet have never really been involved in the industry in any serious way

1 guy that helps write the stuff used to be a Q/A kid for Activision like 9 years ago then worked on a mobile game for a company that he eventually left.

they have literally no experience in the industry and constantly address devs and tell them how they should be doing things when they have no real idea how it works

also spectrum crunch
>>
>>283857707

>its been 5 years.

fuck
>>
I hate everyone that talks about video games because they have shitty, mostly wrong opinions and are always incompetent fucks that deserve ire.
>>
>>283847993
No matter what you think about their main series, the Super Mario Bros 1-1 Design Cub was pretty insightful
>>
>>283847993
Came in to say that I don't care as I haven't watched any of their videos yet.
All this hubub about Extra Credits is making consider changing that status though.

Is their any point to watching their videos? IS there anything good from their videos?
Otherwise I think I'll just stay, not having watched any of them.
>>
>>283849460
This is pasta
>>
We're running out of air internet
>>
A whole fucking lot. Thread over~!
>>
>>283855860
>- HOW DO WE FIX THIS!? (there was nothing to fix in the first place)
from an industry perspective if someone doesn't sell well then there is absolutely something to fix.

The type of people who browse /v/ could give a shit whether a game sells well so long as we enjoy it, but you better bet sales matter to the people making the game
>>
>>283857963

they talk about every genre in videogames like they are experts on that genre only to post stupid mis-informed bullshit

>GENRE IS DEAD (its not)
>HOW DO WE FIX IT? (you dont)
>6 minutes of stupid changes that would kill said genre

now go watch a video (really, any video) and rage in despair
>>
>>283852059
>SPACE JEWS
>not FUTURE SPACE JEWS

>>283852964
Pretty sure I'm still suffering from the aneurysm this vido gave me weeks ago.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.