[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>New 3DS is announced >everybody saying they're gonna
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 6
File: New_Nintendo_3DS_XL_Box_Wide.jpg (181 KB, 1687x1015) Image search: [Google]
New_Nintendo_3DS_XL_Box_Wide.jpg
181 KB, 1687x1015
>New 3DS is announced
>everybody saying they're gonna choose the XL because its superior in every way except cover plates
>announcement that USA will only get the XL not the standard size
>suddenly nobody wants the XL anymore, only the standard

What did I miss, is there something wrong with the XL?
>>
>>283816168
>/v/ is one person
>>
>>283816168
Maybe they didn't know there were no cover plates for the XL.
Or they were just completely different people.
>>
I'm waiting for New 2DS
>>
>superior in every way
It's literally the same thing with a worse pixel density than an already low ppi machine. Also maybe an hour better battery at best.
>>
I always wanted the smaller one. The XL is too big for me, and having had a 3ds since launch, seeing games on an inflated screen just looks weird and bad.
>>
You were just hearing whatever you wanted because, obliviously, you're going for the XL.

Now that the people who wanted a regular are being vocal you can't just ignore them anymore.

I imported mine. Hell if I'll be playing on the obese/'Murican model.
>>
>>283816621
>imported mine
Enjoy your region lock.
>>
>>283816168
/v/ is full of manlets
>>
>>283816168
I own a regular XL and I like it but I'd rather have the smaller N3DS for the faceplates and color buttons.
>>
>>283816168

Can people actually tell what the fuck they're doing on a regular-sized N3DS? My vision isn't spectacular but goddamn, even on an OG XL, playing Sm4sh fucked up with my eyesight hardcore. It must be horrible for your vision to concentrate on those tiny models and keep up with the movements for so long
>>
>>283817091
>My vision isn't spectacular

Dude, it sounds like you're fucking blind.
>>
>>283816887
I am, thanks. I don't mind importing games and you can always buy online.

It's really not that big of a deal. Definitely not worse than getting a XL.
>>
>>283816887

I will, along with my Sky3DS.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (14 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
14 KB, 480x360
>>283816168
It's because the people that were going to get the XL are content. All the people that weren't going to get it are upset and now vocal.
>>283816949
Not even. I'm a fucking manlet and the XL fits in my hands perfects.
>>
File: 0911001716a.jpg (296 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
0911001716a.jpg
296 KB, 1280x1024
>>283816441

This.

also

>mfw original 3DSs are now region free

thanks for serving as masquerade, XL fatasses and Newbabbies.
>>
>>283816168

I have a regular 3ds, and have used my friend's 3ds XL plenty of times.
The regular size just feels better for me, and Monster Hunter 3U and other games looked way better on the smaller screen

because increasing screen size + staying the same resolution =/= better graphics

I also like the design of the 3DS, the 3DS XL is great too, but not worth an upgrade.

So then I heard Japan announced both NN3DS and NN3DSXL
!!!!!
The regular NN3DS had a slightly slimmer design and looks less blocky, and changeable faceplates?
fuck yea I wanted to hop on that fucking train
and all around it looks aesthetically pleasing

so yea
fuck Nintendo of America
they're fucking faggot queers

I was considering importing an EU version as I heard you can use US Bank Cards with the EU Eshop, but I will have to pay
$50 for new releases at game.co.uk, which is a lot better than the EU Eshop that converts everything to $60 USD
>>
>>283817219

I'm really not. I had 20/20 vision throughout my entire childhood until about 20 and it only got a little worse. I don't wear glasses or contacts or any vision-enhancer in any way. I have a slight astigmatism but that's about it.
>>
Nintendo will get sued in 10 years for causing children to go blind from their 3d games.
>>
Limiting options is never a good thing.
>>
Normal New 3DS is perfect 3DS. Bigger than original, but not XL huge.
That's how it should be released back in 2011.
>>
The XL just barely fits my normal sized-hands. You'd have to have very small hands for the New 3DS to fit comfortably.
>>
itt manlets
>>
the only thing I don't like about the XL is it wont fit in my pocket. I don't have a bag half the time when I'm out.
>>
>>283819946
This is literally all that matters to me. That's why I'm upset. The regular one fucks up my pockets enough as it is
>>
>>283820028

Okay well, the New 3DS is not going to fit in your packets either unless you're one of those fat neckbeards who wears cargo pants
>>
>>283818001
>>283816441
Except for the better screen. Cunts.
>>
>>283816168
The only thing I hate about the XLs is how much worse it makes the system's low resolution look, you wouldn't think ~30% bigger pixels is much but it makes a huge difference unless you're fucking blind and games look crisper/sharper on a decade old PSP screen than a brand new 3DSXL.
>>
File: merica.jpg (44 KB, 479x499) Image search: [Google]
merica.jpg
44 KB, 479x499
>>
>>283822347
Are you 12?
>>
>>283819412
ITT people who have different body types and opinions about which consoles they should be allowed to have
>>
>>283816409
my nigga
>>
I was sure as hell not gonna upgrade from my OG Cosmo Black 3DS to another manlet version, I'm glad if one of them had to be taken out because of our stupidity it was the small one.

Bigger screen is much better, whoever complains about low PPI on such a shit screen on a Nintendo device after all these years needs to just go ahead and move to mobile games.
>>
>>283820772
the regular 3ds fits in my inside chest pocket of my jacket perfectly. my 3dsxl is too big fit there
>>
>Using a 3DS for anything but Pokemon
>>
>>283818036
>because increasing screen size + staying the same resolution =/= better graphics

Why don't people understand this?
>>
>>283824151
its my monhun machine until it comes back to a decent handheld
>>
I've been wanting the regular N3DS since the Japanese announcement. It had literally everything I asked for in a 3DS revision and then some.
>>
The regular N3DS was the perfect balance between the tiny 3DS and the original XL.
The N3DSXL is just way too big.
>>
>>283825585
It's the same size as the XL.
>>
>>283825764
It's wider and thicker than the XL.
>>
I already have an XL, I wanted a regular face plate N3DS instead.

Especially how people have been saying how cheap the new XL feels
>>
>>283825845
by a tiny bit.
>>
>>283825764
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pO-P6Kq4cbo
it's fatter
>>
>>283816168
people that wanted the XL got the XL like I did, no need to bitch about it on /v/

people that want the regular model are complaining everywhere.
>>
I like my portables to be portable.
Also
>full gloss outside
>>
I don't want a colossal handheld with hideously stretched images. Also, faceplates > no faceplates
>>
>>283825845
Millimeters, nigger. Fucking millimeters.
>>
I'm not sure if I want the N3DS or N3DS XL
I've not held either and I need to know which is comfier before I commit to a purchase
I'll probably buy a Vita first.
>>
File: 1420508916828.png (88 KB, 336x365) Image search: [Google]
1420508916828.png
88 KB, 336x365
I have a 3DS XL and wanted to get something slightly smaller. The regular N3DS was perfect and came with the bonus of having face plates, which is nice since the N3DS XL will most likely have a small pool of garbage colors/designs like the XL.
>>
File: DSCF6773.0.jpg (333 KB, 2040x1360) Image search: [Google]
DSCF6773.0.jpg
333 KB, 2040x1360
This is why. Realistically the size difference is pretty small. I'd be willing to downsize a bit to get swappable faceplates.
>>
>>283826357

>headphone jack in the smack middle
>cartridge in the bottom right where you right your thumbs

I don't give a fuck about faster processing power since no games will use it other than Xenoblade 3D and I've played the Wii version already. How can people defend this

madotsuki_vomiting.png
>>
>>283826357

>Where you right your thumbs
What the fuck are you talking about? Your thumbs are meant to go on the buttons.
>>
3DS XL feels too heavy. Or maybe its just the way the weight is distributed. The top half feels extra heavy and puts a lot of strain on my wrists. Is the N3DS XL noticeably lighter?

Really wanted a standard N3DS for lighter weight and better portability.
>>
>>283816168
fox and grapes
>>
>>283827136
N3DS XL has a heavier center
It also feels cheaper
>>
>>283827136
New XL is lighter, but you probably won't notice it
>>
>>283826587
You don't put your thumbs there.
>>
>>283826587
>cartridge
it's sunken into the console and takes force to push in. 0/10

>headphone in the middle
best place for it, doesn't get in the way

the only thing you can complain about is the stylus which I really wish was on the right
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.