[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Divinity: Origional Sin
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 14
File: Human meat.jpg (910 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
Human meat.jpg
910 KB, 1680x1050
I know I missed the bus on this game. I feel really bad about killing these Legionaries but I clicked the wrong dialog option. Then I had the whole fight dialog and the 'let's kill them for being drunk' side won out.

Anyway what's better - Compassion or Heartless? Altruistic or Egotistical? (Other minor stats?)

Can you have one Source Hunter who is a Murderer who is Egotistical and the other a bleeding heart with compassion? What would this do?

Also, meat from a human I just killed. What the fuck?
>>
>>276541039
There are stat boosts that correspond to the disposition of the character. You can see them on your character sheet. If you wanted to you could min-max characters a certain way by making certain dialogue choices.

>Can you have one Source Hunter who is a Murderer who is Egotistical and the other a bleeding heart with compassion? What would this do?
Yes. Play the game to find out.

>Also, meat from a human I just killed. What the fuck?
Well what did you think humans were made from. Eat their heart gain their strength.
>>
File: da_fifa_playa.gif (2 MB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
da_fifa_playa.gif
2 MB, 300x300
kek, I won't be playing this game until it's 5 bucks
>>
I believe how well your characters get along slightly affects the ending (like a line or two of dialogue.)

Anyway:

http://divinity.wikia.com/wiki/Divinity:_Original_Sin_Traits

The immunities are VERY useful. I think Independent is straight up better than obedient, I'm not really sure why.
>>
>>276541039
i have nearly 40 hours into this game and it feels like i haven't accomplished anything.

was really hoping for more of a Baldur's Gate feel
>>
>>276541691
While I'm at it what are the best class combos?
Any companions that are particularly fun?
>>
File: 1406382485305.jpg (429 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
1406382485305.jpg
429 KB, 1280x1024
>>276543193
I haven't played in a while, but I really enjoyed Madora as a character. I just pretended she was a retired Sister of Battle stepping back up to the plate.

For my last playthrough though, I did a combination of 3 stealth archers - which could do double damage for +1 AP then always return to stealth the same round. And I exploited the max str thing with throw damage. One of the indestructible bags you start with was filled with as much ore as that character can carry, and the bag does that much weight in damage when thrown near a mob for 2AP. That bag got up to like 600 lbs still in cyseal. Also, throwing with telekinesis keeps you in stealth too. It was a thing of beauty, except that a few mobs are immune to throw damage (hit boxes too small to get the bag close enough).
>>
>>276543747
What class lets you do that stealth archery? Rogue?
>>
Are you guys enjoying this game more in single-player or multiplayer?
Multiplayers, are you playing with strangers or friends?
>>
File: 1408781205063.png (3 MB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
1408781205063.png
3 MB, 1440x900
>>276543962
Ranger, but it's all about customizing. At 5 Sneak, it only cost 1AP to stealth (3 points+ some items usually covers it). Then the perk guerrilla is double damage while stealthed. So you attack while sneaked for double damage, then stealth again for 1AP. Attack cost + 1AP.

That run uses 2 starting rangers, the archer companion (Bierdottr) and Madora.
>>
This'll go on a sale better than 20%, right?

I wanna pick it up for me and a friend
>>
>>276541990
Don't worry, it doesn't when you've finished it either
>>
>ROLEPLAYING GAME
>meta min max the mechanics
scum
>>
>play this
>it's good
>anon in /vg/ is making orc waifu companion mod
>delightful
>come back to the game later
>check out mods
>the orc isn't there
>she's no where
damn you god, damn you to hell
>>
This game is kinda focused with status effects, ranged and casters. I can't enjoy the melee too much. I find it more tedious than IWD.
>>
Anyone want to play multiplayer?
>>
>>276545357
just use one coaster to aoe effect the enemy then have your other character mop up with a big ass hallibut, sheep's cheese, tomatoes
>>
>>276541691

Aye, my first pair of Hunters (a pair of twins who were also supposed to be more than siblings if you get what I am saying) got an ending talking about how they got married and stayed together forever.

I was so happy, twincest is best.
>>
>>276544724
yes, will probably get 66% or 75% on daily deal
>>
>>276545084
it's like you've never played an rpg before or seen a community discuss an rpg
>>
>>276546231

Doubt it will go that high, maybe 50%.
>>
I heard they nerfed my supertank setup, feels bad.

>Over 125% resists on everything but tenebrium
>4000+ hp
>80% block
>Blood healing that heals me for 4-5x what enemies hit me for on every hit

Almost as fun as building a super tank in Divinity 2.
>>
>Devs releasing a hardcore mode that will specifically aim to fuck up all established strategies and have enemies smarter.

Welp, no point playing it till january i guess.
>>
Larian are working on a big balancing patch with some rewriting too right now. Can't wait to replay with that.
>>
>>276546865
>gonna ruin everything and make the game not fun
why would you wait for that?
>>
>>276548059

How do you know it will ruin the game and make it not fun? Are you an inside man? If so why aren't you trying to get it to not ruin the game? Are you from the future? What are the lottery numbers in my area?
>>
I'm planning to customize a character since I kinda screwed my first try

Which is better weapon+shield with earth magic or two-hander with fire ?
>>
>>276548793
Do you honestly think I brought back lottery numbers for your specific area?
Don't be a fucking retard. i'll help you out anyway, patriots beat the lions next year
>>
>>276545859
I'd be down. None of my steam friends have DOS
>>
>>276549672
GIVE ME THE SPREAD
>>
>>276549672

The fuck are the Patriots and the Lions? NIGGA I DON'T WATCH BASEKETBALL!
>>
Where do I buy/sell goods and items? I just got to the city and my inventory is full.

Also I can't get any of my skills higher than 1 atm.
>>
>>276550309

Everyone, and I do mean everyone, can buy and sell goods, though you will come to see that shopkeepers (you will recognize them because they will be at market stalls or in a shop doing shopkeepy type things) will generally have the most money and goods for your buying and selling needs.

Try to always barter, goods for gold and goods for goods. Hoard gold if possible because it has no weight and can easily be turned into goods if needed.

As to skills it's been a few months since I last played but you will require more than just 1 skill point to increase them above 1 if I remember correctly. I also think stats might set a cap, not sure on that.
>>
>>276550309
if you're at the docks you go up some stairs into the town proper and right in the middle is a marketplace to sell stuff
>>
If I'm building a tank-like or two-handed user character is it advisable for the character to dabble in magic or just focus on whacking people?
>>
File: 1412415.png (19 KB, 300x309) Image search: [Google]
1412415.png
19 KB, 300x309
>Get to the snow area
>Slipping and falling over every couple of minutes
>>
>>276551392
Mine just smacked people. I gave em scrolls to use sometimes like a heal just in case
>>
>>276550946
IDK how to trade - just talk to ppl. I don't see the trade option
>>
>>276551776
If I remember it might be separate from the dialogue window, try click on them or clicked and holding it for a menu to choose shop?
>>
>>276541580
dont worry you saved yourself from a really bad game

its utterly terrible, and the fanboys that latch onto it are just delusional as fuck

the quests and writing are f2p mmo quest tier
the skill system is ass backwards and youll need to reroll atleast once losing 10 hours of progress
>>
>>276552212
Rerolling? No

Bad writing? Yes.
>>
>>276552212
>>276552212
Fill me in Anon, what classes/skills should I reroll with?
>>
>>276551776
there is a bag icon on the left side of the dialogue window
>>
>>276552819
thx m8
>>
>>276552953
don't forget, that you can trade with every npc you can talk to, even some animals and bosses
>>
>>276551613

Laughed really fucking hard going through that with a friend co-op, together we must have slipped a couple hundred times.

Facepalmed pretty hard when as soon as we finished that we found out you can attach nails to your boots to be slip immune.
>>
I'm at the first city. My party is level 2-3. Every exit I go out, I run into wolves or undead that fuck my shit straight up. How do I level up?
>>
>>276552712
i dont know i pirated that shit release weekend and havent looked back after uninstalling

i suggest you google that shit before you end up wasting 10 hours of your life and being forced to reroll like every fucking person that initially played the game at launch
>>
>>276553415
i think one gate leads to enemies at lvl 4
>>
>>276553415
go west out of the upper level of town to fight weaker undead, then while going that way head towards the south
>>
Sort of unrelated, but I missed the whole boat on cRPGs. What are some must-plays?
>>
>>276553209
Crafting in this game is a joke though, so thats understandable
>>
>>276553415
Make sure to get 2 extra NPCs
Do some quests around the city/steal paintings/buy better equipment
Go west or north afterwards first
>>
>>276553606
baldurs gate 2, icewind dale 2, neverwinter nights 1 hordes of undrentide, neverwinter nights 2 mask of the betrayer, knights of the old republic 1 and 2, planescape torment, vampire the masquerade bloodlines

those are the usual ones listed
>>
>>276553606
>Baldur's Gate
>Baldur's Gate 2
>Planescape Torment, if you want a good book.
>The Witcher series
>That's it. Literally the deadest genre right now.
>>
>>276553606
What does CRPG stand for?
>>
>>276554443

Console RPG
>>
So this is basically NWN-lite, right?
>>
>>276554443
computer role playing game
usually different from the console versions, they tend to follow holdovers from dungeons and dragons while console rpgs are associated with jrpgs the most
>>
>>276554224
>icewindale 2
don't you make that party yourself? What's the fun in that?
>>
>>276554481
Are you seriously this dense
>>
File: pepe.jpg (289 KB, 610x475) Image search: [Google]
pepe.jpg
289 KB, 610x475
it's fun as fuck co-op, but my m8 got a gf in the middle of our play through and the faggot literally replaced me with his brandnew gf and played the game with her instead.

I've never thought a guy would make me feel like a chump like that but it fucking happened and im not even gay. fuck this game and fuck friends that pick their boring girlfriends over their bros.
>>
>>276554315
>>276554224
Do I need to play BG1 to be able to appreciate BG2?
>>
>>276551613

grab some nine inch nails and fucking hammer them onto your boots
>>
>>276541039
>playing alone
You dun goofin'
>>
>He died before his time... much before his time
>Yep.
>Loots his teeth and hair.
>>
>>276554609
The fun is making your own party and playing the game. You know these games can be fun without requiring wacky dialogue between party members right?
>>
>>276554898

Listening to the flavor text in the cemetery was fun.
>>
>>276554952
Only if you're autistic and think six people should act like mindless drones while risking eachother's lives for each-other.
>>
>>276555079
nigger are you stupid?
>>
>>276555079

that's where imagination comes in, anon, Etrian Odyssey and Dark Spire does the same thing, its comfy
>>
>>276554224
IWD2 is not a must-play.
>>
>>276554224

you forgot Temple of Elemental Evil and the first Divinity, not to mention the Ultima games
>>
File: post.jpg (95 KB, 545x353) Image search: [Google]
post.jpg
95 KB, 545x353
>>276555079
You are the autistic one if you put that much thought into your computer games
>>
>>276555382
It's okay if you wanna discount a bunch of games because the party members are customized by yourself and aren't written by some hack, but you don't have to act like such a cunt about it.

I'm sure the next icewind dale that gets made will have talking party members anyway
>>
File: 1269042820940.jpg (36 KB, 363x492) Image search: [Google]
1269042820940.jpg
36 KB, 363x492
>>276554845
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.