[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gonna try out final fantasy xiv online free 14 days trial, any
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: Final_Fantasy_XIV_Online.jpg (66 KB, 740x414) Image search: [Google]
Final_Fantasy_XIV_Online.jpg
66 KB, 740x414
Gonna try out final fantasy xiv online free 14 days trial, any tips from you /v/ bros?
>>
play archer (easiest class to learn)
any server but balmung
don't play catgirl
>>
Read, read, read. The game will hold your hand and explain everything to you if you let it, but it's all through lots of text bubbles. So, make sure to read everything.
>>
>>277852625
>don't play catgirl
why not anon
>>
>>277852287

Skipping cutscenes is for faggots, Roes-r-Broes, cats are attention whoring sluts, lalas are split between super nice and mediocre and monstrous assholes with skill, humies are diverse, highlanders best elves are absent.
>>
>>277854062

dats racist
>>
>>277852625
>don't play catgirl
why even play
>>
>>277852287
have fun.
>>
Read the tooltips on your skills.

Please.
>>
>>277855403
This. Read, read, read, read.
>>
>>277854007
>>277854240
Because
every server is literally 75% catgirl/race. it's boring, might as well fap to every catgirl you will undoubtedly run in to, emoting at you every 10 seconds, than to add to the cancer.

do something unique like a roegadyn white mage or a lala dps.
>>
>>277852287

But ff 14 online doesn't exist anymore.
>>
>>277857447
your brain doesn't exist
>>
>>277852287
Have fast internet
>trial already started while you are downloading the game
>game finally finishes downloading
>only 2 days of trial left
>>
>>277856625
>it's boring
All of the races are boring. Outside of Lalafell they're all just the human base with slight adjustments.

Also OP, the trial is a ruse. All the mandatory fetch-quest bullshit starts right after the Primal you're allowed to fight up to as a demo player.
>>
in all honesty the first 20 levels wont really give you a good feel for the game. it will show you the basics of your class and the first dungeons but all of the early dungeons are pretty much glorified tutorials so they can blast you with mechanics post 50. Also WHM is best class, healing feels really satisfying in this game and your job starts being hard as soon as you start finding horrible players which will probably be pretty fast.
>>
>>277852287
Take your time at character creation and make sure you like what you make. If you find you don't like it in game reroll, the first 5 levels don't matter.
>>
>>277852625
Stay away from Ultros.

Don't play a cat at all. ESPECIALLY not a cat Lancer
>>
File: human.png (2 MB, 1391x787) Image search: [Google]
human.png
2 MB, 1391x787
Different guy here. Should I?

I know how everybody and their mother plays a boring human but the other races are pretty bad, especially those elves.
>>
>>277858981
I see nothing wrong with playing a human and picking a different race for the sole purpose of not playing human sounds fucking stupid.
>>
Play FFXI instead.
>>
>>277859317
XI is way past its prime and even less friendly to new players.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.