[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was it really that bad?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: 250px-Dark_Souls_II_cover.jpg (20 KB, 250x360) Image search: [Google]
250px-Dark_Souls_II_cover.jpg
20 KB, 250x360
Was it really that bad?
>>
so bad they're making another one just to end the series because 2 was so bad
>>
The PVP was alright but they still managed to fuck that up with Soul Memory bullshit
>>
>>321161105
3 was already in the pipeline before Miyazaki even took over as head honcho.

its clear that Fromsoft's previous president, (and Bamco) had no qualms with churning out souls games regularly.

Since DaS3 was already in preproduction when he stepped up, Miyazaki is taking full control of it now that he's done with bloodborne, (and because Bloodborne's lack of variety made him want to go back to Souls) and to make sure that he makes a proper "final" souls game that ties everything together so we can finally close this chapter of lord souls and whatnot started with DaS1

DaS2's quality has nothing to do with it
>>
Definitely the worst Souls game, but I'd still rather play DaS2 than 99% of other games that are released nowadays.

I've done three playthroughs and enjoyed all of them, which is more than I can say for almost every other game that I played from 2014.
>>
Compared to other games? No.

Compared to Dark Souls and Demon's Souls? Yes.
>>
>>321161358
>Definitely the worst Souls game, but I'd still rather play DaS2 than 99% of other games that are released nowadays.

Pretty much this, I'd say it's biggest crime was that it came out after Dark Souls and was only about 75% as good as it's predecessor. It also aped a bit to much of the first games and peoples lame perceptions of what made that one good. It was still great in the grand scheme of games though.
>>
>>321161040

It was a shit souls game but when viewed on it's own merits I was decent.

Combat was fine other then the addition of adaptability which basically read "Place in 20 points to be able to dodge"

Story was decent for a souls game, that is to say majority of it left up to your own interpretation, though it did have some more spelled out parts maybe some people didn't enjoy that as much.

Weapon variety was good, unless you do pvp in which case katanas fucking everywhere.

Soul memory tried very hard to kill pvp but people found ways around it as they always do, it made it very challenging to grief new players at low levels. This was mostly fixed with Scholar of the First Sin with the addition of a ring that prevents you gaining souls...which opens a whole OTHER can of worms.

Last thing on the top of my head was weapon durability, jesus fuck it's terrible, even with the patch to try and fix it, one bad swing will drain a weapon from full to dead.

If you enjoyed the other souls games you'll enjoy DaS2, you'll hate parts of it but you'll still have some fun.
>>
File: shulva.png (433 KB, 640x448) Image search: [Google]
shulva.png
433 KB, 640x448
DaS2 works better if you just imagine it as King's Field 5

It sure borrows a lot from the King's Field series anyway
>>
>>321161040
No, but it wasn't really good either
>>
It was good but it lacked a lot of 1s charm. Soul memory is fucking bullshit. I know it was supposed to be helpful but its just broken as fuck. The swordplay was a bit more interesting. The level design was paled in comparison to its predecessor. The story is alright, but not quite as good still.

All in all, its okay. Its not a bad game by any means. Just people get super puckered about their gaming these days and since it wasn't as good as 1, they hold it to super high standards.
>>
>>321161040
adaptability and soul memory put me off the game
>>
>>321161521
>>321162421
/thread
>>
Base game was pretty mediocre, but I think SOTFS is damned good.

MY only major complaints are soul memory and maybe ADP

Soul memory completely kills any kind of character building, and encourages levelling up forever.

ADP is a terribly thought out stat like RES. they should have kept the roll-weight based I-frames.

It still has the Souls core gameplay and is still good fun to play.

Everyone saying its complete shit and the worst game ever are being fucking babies.
>>
File: 1448965375562.jpg (123 KB, 500x663) Image search: [Google]
1448965375562.jpg
123 KB, 500x663
>>321161040
Yes, the level design was pretty uninspired, soul memory was a terrible idea, I wasn't a huge fan of mundane or the vast majority of hexs. And the pvp was just a Havel mage shitter cluster fuck. It wasn't good.
>>
>>321161040
No and SOTFS made it godlike. Its atleast twice as good as blunderborne.
>>
>>321165323
:^)
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.