[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>comfy >beautifully fluid controls >perfect adventure
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 197
Thread images: 29
File: n.jpg (335 KB, 1632x1040) Image search: [Google]
n.jpg
335 KB, 1632x1040
>comfy
>beautifully fluid controls
>perfect adventure game mechanics
>brilliant voice acting

I love everything about Dreamfall: Chapters.

Seriously though, this game is polished. I love seeing the return of adventure games with this kind of glory.
>>
I hear you OP.
I love how great the world building is, how there are so many little details added just because.
Really feels like a living breathing world.

I also love how subtle yet spot on the social commentary is, like in your pic
>>
It isn't enough that adventure games are dead, now they've become the laughing stock as well.

In the meantime, Telltale's QTE-infested cutscenes with amateur stories mysteriously gain critical acclaim.

Fuck, this is depressing.
>>
>>276257235
>mysteriously

They take popular franchises and make QTEfests out of them. Hardly mysterious.
>>
File: st.png (76 KB, 661x326) Image search: [Google]
st.png
76 KB, 661x326
>>276257330
>popularity of the source material determines the popularity of the video game adaptation
Good attempt, but no.
>>
>>276257649
You don't need to have high standards to see that Star Trek game is bad.

Same isn't true for Telltale games, those are easy to like.
>>
>>276257861
>singling out Star Trek
M8, I can't tell if you're new to video games or just obtuse. Video game tie-ins have always been notoriously bad regardless of how polished they were. From E.T. in 80s to Star Trek. Lord of the Rings alone had a truck ton of shitty tie-ins.
>>
>>276258660
That's because they actually tried to be games. Telltale just says fuck it and makes movies with choices that don't matter. Also, muh feels.
>>
It was an unoptimized mess until the last patch.
I had to stop playing at Europolis because it was unplayable.
>>
>>276259883
>Also, muh feels.
We can agree there, at least.
>>
Wait a second. Is the game actually pretending Europe was never white?
>>
File: asd.png (112 KB, 592x188) Image search: [Google]
asd.png
112 KB, 592x188
>>276261575
You can see that it does.

And don't question it, otherwise you're the worst kind of racist.
>>
I like the way Nwad Naeporue thinks!
>>
>>276256783
I can't support the skewed ideals in this video games. I will not be playing it.
>>
File: 1343855547313.jpg (40 KB, 331x314) Image search: [Google]
1343855547313.jpg
40 KB, 331x314
>>276262153
Jesus. Good thing Europe is waking up and this sort of faggot is becoming more and more of a tiny minority. I wonder if his non white friends will treat him well during the day of the rope.
>>
>>276261575
It's trying to imply that purity is like perfection in that it is unattainable. Whites may have been the majority, but never an absolute, which is a fair point. Problem is it's a superficial, ham-fisted statement.

>>276262153
>create a progressive game designed to inspire multicultural thinking
>bar people who don't share that thinking from playing his games
This is probably the most confusing thing to me about SJWs, especially in the vidya industry. They want minorities to be accepted by majorities but at the same time shun majorities.
>>
ITT: /pol/ is sad ;____;
>>
>>276262583
I don't think they want minorities accepted. That would be self-terminating.

They just act like they want it.
>>
>>276261575
I think it's saying that every European is an immigrant if we go back far enough
>>
>>276263443
Every human is a fish if we go back far enough.
>>
>>276263990
Every fish is an amoeba if we go back far enough.
>>
>>276263443
According to the dictionnary, an immigrant is "A person who comes to live permanently in a foreign country". I don't think there were foreign countries when protoeuropeans settled.
>>
>>276264094
Every amoeba is a protein strand if we go back far enough.
>>
>>276264239
So we should probably handle Europe to proteins and pretend no human ever lived there?
>>
>>276264097
After them, everyone who came to Europe can be considerent an immigrant.
Or is the "protoeuropean" culture the pure one we should strive for?
>>
>>276262153
Someone call the KKK and tell them that they're not so bad. Or how about Israel, tell them that Hitler wasn't actually too bad and that their crusade against Palestine is pretty cool. I just bet all those people in South Africa are feeling pretty warm with themselves knowing that despite their murdering and raping they're still not as bad as a guy on Twitter who says that Europe is where white people evolved.
>>
>>276264097
Arguing semantics over a point is never a good idea. That Anon still had a valid point.

Cultural exchange is as old as the concept of culture, as is the debate regarding cultural and ethnic integrity. Ancient civilisations warred and conquered, spreading their own influence nearly as much as adopting cultural aspects of conquered nations, never really staying "pure". As an example, the Romans borrowed Greek gods.

Even "white culture" a lot of people cling to and defend today (not saying everyone, but many) is primarily US culture. You also consume foreign brands - from vidya to food - on a daily basis. I doubt there's not a single chink-made item in your home. Where do you draw the line of cultural purity? Is it okay to interact with them so long as they don't cross your borders, or should they be shut out entirely?

That's the point that the game is clumsily trying to tackle.

>inb4 /pol/ intensifies
I don't agree with either side of the argument. I care more about ethics than ethnics.
>>
>>276265136
>Even "white culture" a lot of people cling to and defend today (not saying everyone, but many) is primarily US culture.
No it's not. That's just what Americans think.
>>
thats the future you choose /v/, no complaining now, you had your chance
>>
File: 1333328785433.png (386 KB, 548x602) Image search: [Google]
1333328785433.png
386 KB, 548x602
>>276265136
>Even "white culture" a lot of people cling to and defend today (not saying everyone, but many) is primarily US culture.
>>
>>276256783
>polished

>any adventure game mechanics at all

The rest are debatable, but these two are a straight up lie.
>>
>>276264998
>Hitler
>bad
But he was a messiah who could have saved Europe from Marxism.
>>
>>276261575
Europe has always been 'white' in terms of melanin, but the term 'white' to denote a group of people whose melanin accounts for common ground in other respects such as culture, level of 'superiority', and ethnic grouping has only existed for a very recent period of time.

Half of europe was not called white for a good portion of europe's history. Places like Spain were considered about as white as you'd consider Turkey white.
>>
>>276264998
What the one he's getting mad at is saying is more like white people should stay in Europe, black people should stay in Africa.
That is pretty racist.
Still, the response is written in a completely retarted way
>>
>>276265370
>primarily US culture
>US culture is nothing but niggers
>>
>>276265136

American here. This is complete bullshit. Most American culture (excluding modern pop-culture bullshit) is based in English, Scotch-Irish, and German culture. With some Scandinavian, French, and other smaller contributors thrown in.

Have you ever seen the architecture in the older sections of American cities on the east coast? It looks like London.
>>
stop cuckposting OP
>>
>>276265452
Fuck off. No, seriously, fuck off. FUCK OFF!
>>
>>276265540
White is just a colloquial term for native European nowadays. Native Europeans have specific genetic clustering that separates them as a unique race. It is not just melanin related. Although, the skin colour of Europeans is proof positive that human evolution is still occurring, which further reinforces the existence of race as a genetic reality.
>>
>>276265735
The American constitution, capitalism and freedom values is based on Dutch culture.
The Dutch even used to carry guns around until the beginning of last century.

But the two cultures have grown apart.
>>
>>276265604
How the fuck is it racist? Every ethnicity should stay in their own country instead of ruining another ethnicity's country.
>>
>>276265220
Yet here we are, on an American image board, speaking English (with the vast majority using American English spelling) regardless of the nation or ethnicity of the poster. Do you avoid fast food? Do you refuse to see films that come out of Hollywood? Unless you're American, not avoiding either already makes you not pure.

>>276265370
>using an image reaction from a US TV show

>>276265735
Wait, did all of you just assume 'culture' is a purely historical term? You do realise culture is not exclusively what you see in museums, right?
>>
>>276265220
What do you think is the white culture then?
If you look at history, every height of culture was achieved with cultural exchange, like Hellenism. Or USA
>>
>>276265604
He didn't say white people should stay in Europe and black in Africa. He said Europe is white homeland like Africa is black homeland. I don't see what's wrong with what he says. It's like you say "polar bears live in the north ices and brown bears live in forests" is a racist statement.
Of course there are no SJW bears (thank god for them) so they don't have to deal with this bullshit.
>>
>>276265781
It's true though, unless you preferred Eastern Europe being oppressed by Judeo-Bolshevism was a good thing. And the West become capitalist whores who throw away their culture, history, and identity for wealth. Do you believe those are good things? Because they're not.
>>
>>276256783
waiting til i can afford it on steam, i played the longest journey as a kid and dreamfall. this is one i dont want to pirate but i dont have the cash to blow on right now
>>
File: 1416075964053.jpg (25 KB, 283x420) Image search: [Google]
1416075964053.jpg
25 KB, 283x420
>>276265136
>US
>Culture
>>
File: africans.png (2 MB, 1524x960) Image search: [Google]
africans.png
2 MB, 1524x960
>>276256783
>>276262153
>>276261575
>election is running
>there is a group that wants to make Europe pure white IN GAME
>there is another group against these views
>this group makes propaganda against them in the coming election
>/v/ takes this as the opinion of ALL DEVS AND STAFF OF THIS GAME
>>
>>276262153
But that guy didn't say anything racist? he just said that african americans are originally from Africa like how white people originated from europe.
He's not judging anyone or treating them badly. He's stating facts.
>>
>>276262153
lel Scandies
>>
>>276256783
You know as an italian yupoor I feel offended, hell this country is living proof we don't give a fuck about ethnics.
I don't even know how many inbreed races are in here, greeks, muslims, french, spanish, barbaric hordes from the east and the south, niggers.
I find really hard to believe yurop could ever become intolerant, if anything we're losing our identity.
>>
>>276256783

What's wrong the quote exactly?

Europe being a "white-bred fairyland" never existed. People just sort of naturally segregated back then. It was basically unintentional.

Now globalism has put us together and we naturally want to join up.

Fuck /v/. This picture is 100% correct.
>>
File: future of Europe.jpg (78 KB, 800x531) Image search: [Google]
future of Europe.jpg
78 KB, 800x531
>>276266239
>I find really hard to believe yurop could ever become intolerant
Well, I have bad news for you.
>>
>>276265540
And this is why Ragnar is dead wrong.
>White
doesn't mean shit in the context of Europe, in its current interpretation it's only applicable to the US, maybe to some other countries heavily inflicted by immigration and refugees.

Historically, the idea of whiteness didn't exist in Europe, people tended to judge each ethnicity individually.
The only broadly applicable criteria that set indigenous Europeans apart from the rest was Christianity.
>>
>>276266239
Southern Europe doesn't count. For the overwhelming majority of history Spaniards, Portugese, Italians, etc... weren't considered white at all.

And due to the history of those countries (and immense rates of immigration in places like Spain), they could NEVER be called "pure white-bred" at any point.
>>
>>276266028
By calling them homelands, it gives the idea that they're outsiders anywhere else. That they should stay where they belong. I think that's pretty much the definition of racism.
If he doesn't mean that, he wouldn't have probelms with (that part of) the game's content.

Polar bears and brown bears are different species that have genetically adapted to different environments. They have much more differences than the color of their fur. It's very different from humans, who are all genetically closer to each other than monkeys living in different parts of a forest.
>>
>>276266601
Ragnar isn't one that thinks like that, he's actually saying that it's wrong in his game
>>
>>276266521
>not understanding that healthy democracy is giving everyone a platform and letting the 'war of ideas' choose the victor

He's losing. Nobody even wants to associate with him.

Ironic that ameridumbs don't even know basic democracy.
>>
>>276265954
Living in another country, adapting and respecting the social norms and customs while keeping your ethnic identity is totally fine. When foreign people don't conform and try to change the rules because they don't agree with them then it's a problem.
>>
>>276266427
Identity and culture have value, wanting to preserve these things by not committing cultural suicide isn't some Utopian idea. To do otherwise is masochistic.
>>
>>276257649
That Star Trek game cover is laughably bad. It's like they took some random dudebro shoother and photoshopped Kirk and Spock's faces on the characters.
>>
>>276266658
After the creation of Israel and Pakistan, the idea of ethnicities have a homeland only became stronger.

It's a common sentiment from anti-immigration folks, since (as you said) they see it as someone who doesn't belong invading their home and changing its character.

This argument has more play in Europe as they've never had a civil concept of citizenship, it's largerly rooted in ethnic identity.

An American saying something like that is a fucking idiot, since they themselves are descendants of immigrants.
>>
>>276266859
I'm not american, I'm european living in a country with more than 10% muslims.

I know the basics of democracy, but muslim don't.
>>
>>276266658

In today's world, homeland means where your roots are from. A pure-bred German born in Canada would be considered Canadian nationality, but his homeland would be Germany. Germany is where his ancestors lived and essentially created his "house".

You are imagining the racism in that term. It does not have anything to do with staying where you "belong".
>>
>>276266658
>The idea of homelands is amoral
globalist shills please fuck off
>>
>>276266969
I haven't played the game, but the quote implies that the evil guy wants to turn Europe into something that it never actually was.
That's not preservation.
>>
>>276266094

Fuck you, shitlord. Facts are racist.
>>
>>276267316
The use of the word "fairyland" leads me to believe that whoever is speaking is misrepresenting the ideals of these kinds of groups.
>>
TLJ is one of my favorite games, but I hated Dreamfall Chapters.

>buggy as fuck
>most puzzles are neither immersive (they are not realistic) nor fun (they are too ridiculously simple)
>most of the game spent in an enormous, labyrinth city without any soul
>interiors are unconvincing (like everyone standing by their computers and having stupid quotes projected on the wall where bf works)
>naive, simplistic commentary on contemporary politics (and I'm more SJW than /pol/)
>arcadia is suddenly GoT-style fantasy
>everyone in arcadia suddenly talks like GoT characters
>cersei is suddenly a dreamfall character too
>writing quality dropped since previous games, you can tell it's written by a norwegian
>many dialogue choices and "big choices" ask you to take stand on things you don't know (like how a character feels) and then even change background information such as where the character works (break immersion and gimmicky)
>many others involve actions that clearly do not make sense with the characters as they were established in previous games (such as killing that guy in the tower) instead of posing universally difficult choices as Telltale are able to do at their best
>tells you which choices are most popular in advance
>lol random butterfly ending with baby and green lady
>>
>>276256783
"European Dawn wants to toss out immigrants" Ok where do I sign up?
>>
File: 1365526600509.jpg (51 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1365526600509.jpg
51 KB, 640x360
>started playing Dreamfall: LJ a few hours ago
>thought i would be shit because its old
>mfw it's fuckinggood/10

AND THAT ASSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
>>
>>276256783

European Sunfall wants to import millions of savage ignorant immigrants and turn Europe in a multicultural cesspit utopia that only exist in their politically correct wet dreams
>>
>>276266427
If we want to preserve our societies then we better make sure that it stays as much of a fairy land as possible.

But since when did retards have any sense of self preservation.
>>
>>276266859
>not understanding that healthy democracy is giving everyone a platform and letting the 'war of ideas' choose the victor
>letting the "war of ideas" choose the victor
More like letting influential media choose the victor.

>2014
>still believing democracy can still exist
>in the era of mass propaganda
lol
>>
>>276266806
He's wrong because he's trying to force a concept on Europe that doesn't apply to it.
The whole
>whites<->non-whites
shit didn't exist in Europe.

Also because he probably believes Europe has always been an ethnic melting pot full of brown people who by the way were the main driving force behind European culture and civilization.

I played thorugh the first chapter, i think the issue of race only came up in regards of that poster. there was something else where the faggy psychologist went on a 5 minute rant about why nation states suck by nature, but that isn't the same.
>>
>>276267621
It exists in Mexico and Brazil. Both dysfunctional shit holes. We want to follow their lead. They are so progressive.
>>
>>276256783
thanks doc
>>
>>276267181

Actually they do.

See Turkey.

There's no way any european country is even going to get close to Turkey status though (which is supbar but tenable) so your alarmism is alarming.
>>
>Europe is a shithole because, an I quote, "they're finally paying the price for hundreds of years of imperialism, reactionary politics, wasteful spending and industrialisation"
>current 3rd world shitholes like India or North Africa are Paradise on Earth

>brown people still want to immigrate to Europe

Make up your mind already Ragnar, you can only pick one.
>>
>>276267647
This. Democracy is a farce.

Democracy requires too many parts working PERFECTLY to function:

#1 Well educated and informed population
#2 Population interested in the governance of their town/city/state
#3 A complete absence of moneyed interests in the political process
#4 A complete lack of wide scale, influential media influencing the population to vote and react

The media has way too much power and politicians are too corrupt for one to say democracy is anything but a failed political system.
>>
>>276266094
Anyone born in America is technically an American.
People cling to their heritage because it allows them to be in social cliques and separate themselves from everyone else.

It's stupid. There's nothing wrong with knowing where your from but it's just something cool to know and not something to base your life around like some people do.
>>
>>276268019
Turkey is racing headlong towards a theocratic future. Turkey is an exception, most Muslim countries are not democratic.
>>
File: 12365489564.jpg (45 KB, 400x388) Image search: [Google]
12365489564.jpg
45 KB, 400x388
Europe is now just an old whore any immigrant can empty his balls in. It's just over guys, the wolves are at the gates.
>>
>>276267087
Israel and Pakistan is a specific case, and even outside Europe. I'm not sure why you're bringing that up.

I'm from Finland. My family is originally from Russia, like most in Eastern Finland. On the other hand, most families in Western Finland seem to come from central Europe. We still have a national a national identity, even if there are two provably different major ethnicities in the country.
Finland in comparably accepting of immigrants. If they slowly change the character of Finland, that's okay by me. My family did its part in that too back in the day. It's a different thing if some people want to do fast and drastic changes. I don't think that's a huge problem though, changes like that can't get past in a democratic country.

>>276267225
>>276267268
I don't think being proud of your homeland is a bad thing at all, and never implied that. How homeland was used in the Twitter message was in relation to races, and I don't believe in that.
>>
>>276267647
>>276268149
democracy can exist, it just doesn't matter because people are manipulated, stupid, corrupt, or all three
>>
>>276267456
The use of fairyland means that they're using an image of something that never existed in their propaganda. I think it seems appropriate.
>>
>All these crackers thinking crackers existed before 1500
smh
>>
>>276256783
>comfy
>beautifully fluid controls
>brilliant voice acting
yeah we'll see about that after i pirate it >:)
>>
File: Big-Boss-Salute-720x408.jpg (36 KB, 720x408) Image search: [Google]
Big-Boss-Salute-720x408.jpg
36 KB, 720x408
>>276268298

They aren't wolves, they are roaches and rats, we are the wolves, old and dead inside wolves, Europe used to be the fucking tits man I feel you. I have one hope tho' the hope that one day, a white leader that will bring back Europe to its strong value. But we will be dead by then. Niggers and islamists won. Their next step is burgerland they are already invading it from the iside.
>>
>>276267690
It's the antagonist that thinks like that.
And the game says that it's wrong.
I don't see the problem.
The antagonist is wrong, and that's exactly how it's meant to come accross
>>
>>276268298
Thats because your lack of laborers you mongoloid.
>>
>>276268742
Exactly. The biggest problem with Democracy isn't the concept, it's fucking PEOPLE.
>>
I'm from Europe, and I fucking hate this sanctimonious tolerance shit we got here. Let's accept everybody yadda yadda love them gyppos and niggers it's not their fault when they murder and rape all the fucking time, it's society's fault! Yeah fuck you living in your ivory towers. Our intelligentsia is as disconnected from the truth as humanly possible.

Yet we never hesitate to pick on Russia, as a matter of fact, I hope Russia fucking bombs Paris or something so the EU could wake the fuck up and realize they aren't the big boys they think they are.
>>
>>276266983
Rather fitting when you consider the source material, don't you think?

We JJ now.
>>
File: 1381590311747.png (414 KB, 920x654) Image search: [Google]
1381590311747.png
414 KB, 920x654
>>276269247

you from Paris nigga? me too.

>tfw walking in the streets of Paris and realise the most beautiful city in the world is now a fucking dumpster full of niggers, muslims and fucking rom scum
>>
>heard much praise for dreamfall LJ over the years
>checked it out on steam
>20€ for a game from 2006
that's fucking ea tier of jew
>>
>>276269431
Same here in Toronto. This place is nothing but niggers and muslims.
>>
>>276269247
>I hope Russia fucking bombs Paris
Well, that would remove like 75% of the kebab in my country. I'd be ok with this.
>>
>>276269568

In Paris at my uni everyone praises Canada, saying that's it's the city where multiculturalism is at it's best blah blah blah

I guess they are going to realise it's Paris/Sweden/Bongland 2 when they get there.
>>
Can somebody tell to me why racemixing is leading to the birth of better human beings?
Or why "homogenized societies", composed of people of the same nationality, gradually deteriorate? This seems to be the main argument for multiculturalism but I just can't see the science behind it.
>>
>>276265136
The mainstream american culture is a tumor
>>
File: 1417270152484.jpg (79 KB, 680x510) Image search: [Google]
1417270152484.jpg
79 KB, 680x510
>>276269247
>mfw America is literally little Europe
>mfw we'll be in the exact same fucking boat as you poor souls soon
>mfw nothing can stop it
I just want the world to not turn into shit for the rest of my life, I don't care what happens when I am gone. I just need another 60-70 years of it being pretty shit but not completely fucked yet and I will be ok.
>>
>>276269247
>I hope Russia fucking bombs Paris or something

You know what nukes are, right? Thats not how war works anymore.
Superpowers attack countries that can't defend themselves and then nag each other to death over it.

Russia added a new element to that formula. They pretend they have nothing to do with it and everyone else goes along with to prevent further armed conflict.
>>
>>276269431
Actually I'm a translator and I traveled a lot around Europe, and it's a fucking travesty how the more westwards you go, the more idiotic the politicians are. At least the eastern guys isolate this fucking filth into villages or certain districts, or force them underground like in Bucharest. Then I get to a "world capitol" like Paris or London and I have a hard time holding back my vomit.
>>
>>276256783
>comfy

there's that word again
>>
>>276265136
So let me get this straight.

>Tons of cultures when they were mallable melded together ages ago in the ancient world.

So this means

>Immigrants who migrate to a country and have failed to Assimalate properly are exactly the same.

Englander here, Traveled a bit around Europe. Here is a fun group of words I have heard from

A German storeowner I worked in while backpacking.

>"If only the Turks tried more than you"

A Dutchman on a ferry

>"You show more intrest in our country than some of those wanting to live here"

And so forth.

The fact is, people don't hate Immigrants, they hate FOREIGNERS.

People who come to the country, and refused to adapt to it.
>>
>>276269107
The antagonist is a clear allusion to contemporary right-wing European parties, and he's anti-immigration, not anti-brown.
Assuming that anti-immigration parties are about whiteness is plain wrong. It's not racial about politics.

Hell, in my native language, you don't even apply the word 'race' to humans.
>>
>>276269782
Considering you're using the term racemixing you're probably delusional as fuck already. But normal people just don't give a fuck, sometimes they love someone of a different race and have a kid, big fucking deal, there's no super secret liberal agenda going on that /pol/ seems to think there is.
>>
>>276269431
At least it makes your other cities great.

England Bro here, our only useful city is London... yeah.
>>
>>276269782
I don't know much about genetics, but I'd say it definately lessens the risk of genetic diseases.

Homogenous societies degrade, because their ideas eventually turn into a circlejerk of accepted ideals. Outside influences lead to a mix of ideas, which leads to completely new things for both. For example, what happened with Rome and the Arabs.
>>
>>276269782
Ideas of both racial purity and unity are shit.

Unity doesn't give any gains over normal non-controlled breeding.

Purity will only make you inbred moron with weak immune system.

Just leave it to the people.
>>
>>276265540
>melanin is the only differentiating factor
>what is epigenetics
>>
>>276270093
Boy I can't wait until the whole world is black. It'll be like Africa - except across the entire world!

Fuck off you oblivious piece of shit.
>>
>>276269782
Leave racemixing out of this, that's not what's the problem in Europe is. It's the fucking ungodly amount of immigrant races coming here then fucking up the culture and security, because they bring their fucking third-world country mentality with them and they refuse to adapt to the first-world norms.
I don't fucking mind blacks per se, I do fucking mind when all they do is act like their fucking African counterparts in Europe.
>>
>>276270093
Let me give you a little page out of Englands little History books.

You see, Jamacia and other Carribian countries are part of the commonwealth, and once upon the time during the 60ies, alot of them gathered up money and Migrated to England.

It was strict, they were turned away in fucking droves and only the most determined and hard working stayed.

And they fucking worked, HARD. They grafted and grafted. And nowadays, you can see their children and grandchildren in the streets, kicking footballs, playing bowls.

Does ANYONE in England tell them to go back to Jamaica? Does anyone care if these Migrants sons and daughters mix and interplay with the Whities?

No. Because the difference between a Jamacian Migrant and an African Mirgant is this.

We came here to be british, not to be an African in London.

Signed, a proper Black English man.
>>
>>276270056
Okay, then it's probably just the main character being angry at him and exaggerates his message.
Or then the whole antagonist is an ecaggerated caricature, which would be nothing new to the series
>>
>>276270310
Great counter argument retard, because that's totally what's going to happen. Figures that's what some /pol/ retard would respond with. Do you just sit in your basement paranoid that all people you disagree with are conspiring against you?
>>
>>276269110
SWEDEN YES
or bong politicians from 5 years ago
>>
>>276266658
>what is personal language
And this is why language is dead. Fucktarded readings like this. Lojban replaces all languages when?
>>
>>276270453
>We came here to be british, not to be an African in London.

This , this, and a thousand fucking times this.

Racemixing is not the problem. It's these fucking immigrants incapable of adapting, and our fucking idiot politicians letting them stay that way.
>>
File: two sides of the same coin.png (398 KB, 1366x755) Image search: [Google]
two sides of the same coin.png
398 KB, 1366x755
>set in medieval Nordic styled kingdom
>black people walking around
>villains are whites who merely want their own nation
>other villains are clear Nazi analogs
>women fight just as well as men

Skyrim?

More like SJWrim.

>MUH CULTURAL MARXISM
>>
>>276265840
>specific genetic clustering that separates them as a unique race

That is a lie. Europeans have clustering that is more COMMON. Not unique. And even viewing that statement as if it is within a vacuum and has no addendum is itself propaganda.
>>
>>276269782
>>276270181

not how genetics work I'm afraid. There are over 700 million white people in Europe, so there is absolutely no risk of any lack of genetic variety.

there is absolutely no evidence that racemixing makes people stronger or healthier.
>>
>>276270453
This guy gets it.
>>
>>276270031
O shit this.
I've know a couple of expats, and those people always showed interest in the country they came to. Mayber it was just out of politeness, but they showed interest nonetheless.

I've also worked with 3rd world immigrants, and those never gave a tenth of a fuck about the country they fled to from the shithole they were born in.
They never bothered to learn the language but lost their shit when my colleagues and I exchanged two words in their presence that wasn't in English.
They couldn't name the presently ruling party or the PM. They couldn't name a city outside the capital.
They didn't care about customs, holidays or any other part of the native culture.
All they did was bitch about racism and their perceived lack of financial aid to immigrants.
>>
>>276269431
Lyon is the new Paris. Paris is dead.
>>
>>276270659
Let's say he's okay with black people living in Europe, and in fact isn't a racist.
What reason would he have to make his Twitter message then?
>>
>>276270696
nigga there are like 10 Redguards in all of Skyrim.
>>
>>276270093
Perhaps I should mention it but I don't have a problem with racemixing. You should just have kids with the people you want to regardless of race/ideals/age/whatever. But why some people PROMOTE it ?

>>276270181
There is a difference between outside influences and letting hundrends of thousands of uneducated immigrants flock into your country. We live in the era of information, unless you are from north korea it is impossible to be completely ignorant of what is happening in the outside world. Plus, interacting with the primitive cultures most immigrants tend to bring with them won't be good for your own culture.

>>276270190
I mostly agree with this.
>>
I wanted to give the series a try for a long time now. Should I start with TLJ or can I go straight to Dreamfall?
>>
>>276270752
Okay.
Is there any evidence why "racemixing" is bad?
>>
>>276270886
It's not racist to say Europe wasn't always choke full of brown ppl.
>>
>>276269782
It comes from people extrapolating basic science and thinking the model maintains it's relevance at extreme levels. It's about genetic variety but the model doesn't work as soon as you start talking about even moderate populations of ten thousand.
>>
>>276268298
You want the good news? Muslim figures are dying down now that Western ideals have stunted them having 60 kids as a normalcy

Bad news is, Slavs are now allowed to breed.
>>
>>276270453
>We came here to be british, not to be an African in London.
Fucking brilliant.
>>
File: adam-jensen.jpg (39 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
adam-jensen.jpg
39 KB, 480x360
I'm ready to abandon racism, if and when we gain direct control over our genes.
>>
>>276271047
The game is not saying that at all.
It's also wrong to say Europe wasn't always full of immigrants.
>>
>>276271016
I've literally never seen anyone go out actually promoting it saying you should only marry or have relationships with another race. I've only seen people say be tolerant of other races, which is a standard human thing.
>>
>>276270886
I'm talking about your fucktarded reading of "homelands" as more than the connotation allows. Go fuck yourself. The twitter retard is am imbecile too.
>>
>>276271282
Oh but there's no gene for race didn't you know!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monoamine_oxidase_A#Aggression_and_the_.22Warrior_gene.22
>>
>>276271283
You're doing this thing where you brand every immigrant with the same iron. As if it made no difference who is doing the immigration.
>>
>>276268149
It's still better than aristocracy or communism
>>
>>276271283
It's wrong because that sounds mostly like the UK. We didn't have browns in Eastern Europe.
>>
File: pericles.jpg (26 KB, 300x228) Image search: [Google]
pericles.jpg
26 KB, 300x228
>>276268149
>tfw you will never be a part of a direct democracy, the very first kind of democracy that flourished in ancient athens.
>>
>>276270031
>Tons of cultures when they were mallable melded together ages ago in the ancient world.
>Immigrants who migrate to a country and have failed to Assimalate properly are exactly the same.
That's a textbook straw man argument and irrelevant to the point, which was the inevitability of cultural exchange and its prominence through history to the modern age.

>"You show more intrest in our country than some of those wanting to live here"
Yes, of course. A tourist (or a person who's there temporarily on a business trip) who will not stay in the country is more curious than the person who will be exposed to the culture on a daily basis while worrying about living than seeing. Not everyone has the desire to explore that culture, and before you draw more straw men, no, I am not justifying that mentality.

I agree that a "home" country hates shitty immigrants, but then that's not an issue of immigration, m8. It's an issue of a shit human being who shits where he eats.

For the record, I myself travelled through most of Europe and actually am a migrant myself. I learned the language, traditions, law, political parties and so on just to compete with the locals. I know a few things about this country not all locals do, at this point. I received a lot of help though, and had they not been welcoming, I wouldn't succeed.
>>
>>276271139

>Slavs are now allowed to breed

And most of us are extremely racist and xenophobic and breed only with other Slavs.

Hell, the most racist bunch of are the women, they outright hate and are disgusted by everything non-Slav/non-white.
>>
>>276270513
Your argument that it's not going to happen is to simply say, "it's not going to happen". I think you're the one who is a retard. Not even that guy.
>>
File: I've given up on reality.jpg (63 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
I've given up on reality.jpg
63 KB, 1280x720
>>276270031
>The fact is, people don't hate Immigrants, they hate FOREIGNERS.
>People who come to the country, and refused to adapt to it.
this
>>
>>276271016
>interacting with the primitive cultures most immigrants tend to bring with them won't be good for your own culture
It doesn't have to be about benefit. I think it's a duty of the developed countries to give chances to people who have none where there come from. It's also a human right to be able to live where you want, provided you're ready to work for it. You don't have to forsake your origins, but adapting to a new environment should be a given.
I know immigration, especially mass immigration causes some huge problems at times, but I still think it's much better to take the chance than close the borders
>>
>>276257235
I've been playing through SBCG4AP recently and holy fuck what happened to Telltale
Just in 2008 they managed to make a game that was pretty much the same as classic adventure games, and now we get neverending streams of shit like Wolf Among Us and Walking Dead

I almost don't want them to do a SBCG4AP season 2 anymore
>>
File: 1411110989077.jpg (43 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
1411110989077.jpg
43 KB, 600x400
>>276266427
>Now globalism has put us together and we naturally want to join up.
>>
>>276272284
>it doesn't have to be about benefit
Why? Why should we bend over backwards so some foreigner can leech off the society our kin have forged? I'm also glad you admit that it's not a benefit to have mass immigration, a good first step.

>It's also a human right to be able to live where you want
Except for white Rhodesians and South Africans.
>>
>>276270682

>Racemixing is not the problem

Whoa there now, let's not say stupid shit you're bound to regret.
>>
>>276271465
You're right. I think taking a chance is better than blocking it from everyone.

>>276271808
You didn't even have Eastern europeans in Eastern Europe at some point
>>
>>276265136
Lol everything the USA has for "culture" is imported.

Or did you mean the native americans?
>>
>>276267570
that img makes me so thirsty
>>
File: 1415866772382.jpg (97 KB, 613x533) Image search: [Google]
1415866772382.jpg
97 KB, 613x533
>>276262153
Wow, but Europe actually is white homeland. If you can't say it is then you can't say Africa is black either. There has always been white people living in some areas of Africa and the same can be said about arabs here in Europe but in the past they always were a little minority. I won't give a dime to these SJW developers.
>>
>>276272520
>leech off the society
That's exactly why I said you have to be ready work for it if you want to live where you want. I think everyone has potential for that. We need systems to give them the tools to do it. Where I come from, I'd say it works pretty well, because we actually have those systems.

>Except for white Rhodesians and South Africans
They're examples of a lack of human rights
>>
File: yNKxKAT.png (148 KB, 330x256) Image search: [Google]
yNKxKAT.png
148 KB, 330x256
>>276265136
>Even "white culture" a lot of people cling to and defend today (not saying everyone, but many) is primarily US culture
You are fucking retarded.
>>
File: 1403886869267.jpg (25 KB, 279x318) Image search: [Google]
1403886869267.jpg
25 KB, 279x318
I'm totally not going to pirate it, this is the first time in like, many years that i'm going to pay for a game, because it totally deserve it, this game is awesome!
>>
File: uuuu.png (49 KB, 622x525) Image search: [Google]
uuuu.png
49 KB, 622x525
>>276272795
https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Culture
>>
>>276273537
America has no culture
>>
File: 1416952919879.png (561 KB, 1600x1608) Image search: [Google]
1416952919879.png
561 KB, 1600x1608
>>276273537
ok
>>
>>276273318
The game isn't denying that in any way, despite what the Twitter guy is saying. The developer is accusing him of racism because he's the one who brought race up
>>
>>276273671
what about hollywood?
>>
>>276273764
>The developer is saying isn't that, but he is exactly that.
Double think at it's best.
>>
>>276273869
__________________no culture___________________
>>
File: MitamuraChiharu.jpg (53 KB, 663x663) Image search: [Google]
MitamuraChiharu.jpg
53 KB, 663x663
>>276273537
America has a culture of accepting other cultures. A culture of multiculturalism.
>>
>>276273671
There's hamburgers, jazz music, saluting the flag, thinking you're the best in the world, 9/11, sex is bad but violence is okay...
There's plenty of things I can associate with American culture
>>
>>276274160
>Yeah, I think being a fucking idiot is american culture i.e. jersey shore
>>
>>276274337
It's like Americans know everything about Europeans because they watch doctor who.
>>
>>276262153
Leftist in this scandinavia are fucking brainwashed SJW of the worst kind. They're equally fucking mental to islamic fundamentalists and neonazis. They all warp history and facts to support their warped world image.
>>
>>276274138
>somebody saved my picture
>>
>>276256783
fuck off shill
>>
>>276272254
Yes. Academia has come to try to support non-acceptance through multiculturalism.

People live by social norms and destroying them by grinding people up without actually creating new ones just ends up creating chaos.

hell, people even self-segregate racially if you look at census maps.
>>
>>276275671
That's due to socioeconomic issues.
>>
>>276278023
Do all the browns hang out at school because of socioeconomic issues?
>>
>>276273318
>non-whites
>always a little minority

No, are you retarded? The Roman Empire spread across most of Europe and the Roman Empire was never purely white, they were very mixed when it came to skin colour.
>>
>>276278610
Oh yeah, and don't forget the Mongols invading Europe too because really, is there a place the Mongols haven't invaded?
>>
>>276278915

The Moon.

And Australia.

And the Americas.

And the UK.

A lot of places actually.

Yes, I'm being a dick.
>>
File: 1404563005134.gif (334 KB, 293x181) Image search: [Google]
1404563005134.gif
334 KB, 293x181
>SJWs want everything to look like multicultural America, even in fiction
>>
>>276279067
>mongols haven't invaded the moon

That's what they want you to think, buddy. But just you wait.
>>
How hard is it for people to make stuff like the old Lucas and Sierra games?

Impossible, apparently.
>>
>>276279296

Or what about Simon the Sorcerer?

Legend of Kyrandia?

Companions of Xanth?

Death Gate?
>>
>>276279397

They're in the same vein, yeah

It's sad as hell that the best adventure games I've played were made over a decade ago.
>>
>>276279924

I never bother with these new shit games.

There's a few games, most of them tend to be indie stuff, that's good. Like Machinarium. That was fairly decent, but I've yet to reexperience the thrill of something like The Dig and Loom.

Shit, I'm not even that old, 27, and yet I feel like I'm from a completely different age that modern day people who make games can barely comprehend, let alone try and emulate.
>>
Another /pol/ thread on /v/.
Why won't /pol/ go back to their own country rather than stinking up this place?
>>
>>276278449
Please don't be obtuse.
>>
>>276280538
We're like the jews, /pol/ is our promised land, but we're in a diaspora atm.
>>
>>276266630
>weren't considered white at all.

For the overwhelming majority of history White wasn't a classification.
>>
File: Dale.png (231 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
Dale.png
231 KB, 500x375
>>276269568
Toronto is awful for plenty of reasons. Infrastructure, crowding, massive wealth divide, and so on. On the same street there's a Ferrari dealership, homeless people walk around aimlessly.
>>276269767
We sure are doing a better job of it than America. Since people are encouraged to embrace their cultural roots, that goes for everyone. In the same province, we have Oktoberfest, the Highland Games and other cultural festivals of European origins. Heck, we have Roma clubs, which are Italian run. Menonites, Slavic legion clubs, and more.
We do have that Sikh RCMP officer who is allowed to wear a turban. But I would give him a pass on it. Because Sikhs and Indians are a pretty important part of the commonwealth. So respecting cultures within it is important. And that's what it is.
Respect. No one is trying to dominate other cultures here. People are just celebrating their heritage and building communities.
>>
File: 1364585299113.png (365 KB, 617x533) Image search: [Google]
1364585299113.png
365 KB, 617x533
>tfw gave to a bunch of kickstarter including 3.3 and Social Justice Chapters
At least Larian care more about making good games than they care about shoehorning social justice shit into them, which is why Divinity: Original Sin is GOTY 2014.
>>
File: laughing.gif (4 MB, 347x244) Image search: [Google]
laughing.gif
4 MB, 347x244
>>276265136
This is what happens you lower your education standard so niggers can't finish middle school.
>>
>>276272163

It wasn't really one
>>
Is this Cloud Atlas the videogame? Because it sure looks like it.
>>
>>276280971
>Because Sikhs and Indians are a pretty important part of the commonwealth.

Who the fuck cares about the commonwealth?
>>
>>276282831
Canada cares about the commonwealth.
Thread replies: 197
Thread images: 29

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.