[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I left Dark Souls 1 thinking back on what a fantastic experience
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 126
Thread images: 20
File: dks2.png (172 KB, 462x216) Image search: [Google]
dks2.png
172 KB, 462x216
I left Dark Souls 1 thinking back on what a fantastic experience it was. It had it's flaws, janks and quirks, but overall one of the best games I've ever played, and when the port to Steamworks is complete, I'm returning to do another playthrough and some more PVP after over 600 hrs with GFWL.

This coming from a hardcore nostalgiafag who still thinks Majora's Mask is the best game ever made. I do a 100 % playthrough at least once a year, ffs.

I left Dark Souls 2 however, with a bitter taste. It was a good game, make no mistake, but it didn't feel nearly as tight. It felt sloppy, stretched and grindy compared. I've done all the DLCs (which were the highlights of the game), and quit playing it after 200 hrs, not seeing myself returning.

So, /v/. What went wrong?
>>
>>275646495
>experience
>>
It wasn't as fun as the first because we expected more than we should have.

That's all. I am not a robot.
>>
File: 1399608324559.jpg (106 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1399608324559.jpg
106 KB, 1280x720
>>275646495

it was not your first Souls game

people who played Demon's Souls first said the same shit about Dark Souls 1
>>
>>275646495
Simple, money grubbing retards from Bandai Namco.

That and Hidetaka Miyazaki wasn't working on Dark Souls 2, it was mainly namco milking it for what it's worth.

Bloodborne should be good but I have my doubts.
>>
>>275646495
>What went wrong
The new director had no idea whay des and das was good
>>
>>275646495

It wasn't the sequel everyone wanted. It was nowhere near as ambitious, the plot/lore was ripped from the first game so it wasn't as interesting to find out things. It's still a solid game.

>>275646682

Fuck off with this. I played Dark Souls 1 first, then DSII, then fucking DeS and Demon's Souls is quickly becoming my favorite of the bunch.
>>
File: DK2 B-team.jpg (2 MB, 1920x3645) Image search: [Google]
DK2 B-team.jpg
2 MB, 1920x3645
>>275646495

Dark souls 2 was made by from software's B-team. DK2 didn't have terriyaki leading it, which was why it was crap.
>>
>>275646495
>when the port to Steamworks is complete

Source
>>
File: 1385636776636.jpg (117 KB, 1181x1297) Image search: [Google]
1385636776636.jpg
117 KB, 1181x1297
>>275646682
I've actually heard this before. Considering getting a PS3 only for RDR, DeS and Dragon's Dogma. And Catherine
>>275646695
Yeah, I heard Miyazaki actually worked on the DLC which might explain why they felt better. Also, Scolar of the First Sin is basically proof that Bamco are full of shit.

Here's to hoping for Bloodborne.
>>
File: backstab Dark Souls.gif (3 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
backstab Dark Souls.gif
3 MB, 320x180
>>275647065

Where the fuck have you been? It was announced back in October, then delayed to December, now we're getting more news this monday.

http://www.incgamers.com/2014/12/dark-souls-steam-migration-details-coming-on-monday
>>
>>275646682
I played DeS before DaS and I like both whis games equally. Fuck you.
>>
File: Moonlight Butterfly.jpg (391 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Moonlight Butterfly.jpg
391 KB, 1920x1080
>>275647184
>Yeah, I heard Miyazaki actually worked on the DLC which might explain why they felt better

You heard wrong, don't spread misinformation.
>>
>>275647065
Dude it's plastered literally everywhere. It's even on the store frontpage of PtDE on Steam.
>>
>>275646682
This argument is bullshit. Dark Souls 2 was my first game, and it was a cakewalk. I didn't understand what all the hype was about, until is played the first game, which was much better.
>>
I played DkS1 first and DeS wasn't just wasn't on the same level.

DkS2 suffered from the inexperience of its creators, the graphical downgrade and bloodborne taking away resources from it.

The DLCs (challenge areas excluded, apart from OIK memory) showed me that they learned from their mistakes and are ready to make the next dark souls game. I only wish that bamco won't rush them again and that the story is completely independent, without DkS plot elements.
>>
>>275647428
looks like watching all letsplays payed off
>>
File: 1399748450524.jpg (189 KB, 684x508) Image search: [Google]
1399748450524.jpg
189 KB, 684x508
>>275646885
>>275647184

congratulations on being in your own special little 10%. if you look closely, you'll notice I didn't say "literally everybody who played DeS first said the same thing", but I really shouldn't expect people to actually read instead of immediately becoming defensive

by and large, the reaction from Demon's Souls fags on /v/ when DaS released was 'this is not as good as DeS, this is sloppy, casualized, unpolished, uninspired, seems rushed, was too easy' etc. if you weren't on /v/ in 2011 then I guess it would make sense for you not to remember, though?
>>
>>275647065

http://steamcommunity.com/games/211420/announcements/detail/202985743519497275
>>
File: 1400040488227.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1400040488227.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>275647871

didn't mean to respond to >>275647184

was meant for >>275647246
>>
Dark Souls 2 would have been fine if it weren't for soul memory. They fucking ruined multiplayer.
>>
>>275647301
THIS GAME IS SO FUCKING GOOD GODDAMN
>>
File: Deepseaker Kaathe.jpg (179 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Deepseaker Kaathe.jpg
179 KB, 1024x768
>>275647871

Mmkay. What's your sample size for that? Was it statistically significant? How were the subjects chosen?
>>
DS2 was so shit I didn't buy the DLC, but people here are saying it's actually redeeming?

Still, they are going so fuck-our-fans with the re-release bullshit I still may not buy it.
>>
>>275647871

>/v/ on statistics

nice 10% out of your ass you fucking faggot
>>
>>275647640
>DeS wasn't just wasn't on the same level

gr8 b8 PCnigger. You will NEVER fucking play DeS or bloodborne
>>
off a recommendation half a year ago, I just finished dark souls. I had a great time, just started my dark souls 2 and the movement feels so much more 'loose' and floaty, I feel like it's nowhere as tight as the original, not sure if thats just for me or what
>>
>>275646682
I played Demons souls second and I loved it just as much as DaS and more in some ways, DaS 2 was a travesty so don't give me that shit.
>>
>>275648308

that might be just you.

the biggest thing I prefer about Dark Souls 2 is how much more responsive the movement is. all of the animations are much more fluid and natural
>>
>>275648308
It's not just you
The movement, animations and enemies in 2 are so much more floaty and strange
>>
>>275648023

This. SM is what killed my long term interest in the game. No reason to do builds.
>>
>>275648470

lol nope, controls are nowhere near tight as dark or demons
>>
File: 1407181838136.png (73 KB, 420x483) Image search: [Google]
1407181838136.png
73 KB, 420x483
Honestly there are a bunch of bits I enjoyed more in Dark Souls II than I have the first one. I know the popular opinion on /v/, even if purposefully exaggerated
>hurr hurr blunder of the century, it was complete shit

To me, both of the Dark Souls games had their flaws, overall what I was missing from II was atmosphere, NPCs that had more than 3 lines of text, and coherent story, but besides that I would say it is on par with the first one - sounding like a contrarian or not, I like them both almost equally, if it wasn't for Artorias of the Abyss turning the hype levels to the max.

While Dark Souls II did have very good DLC, without the feeling NPC's and their backstories left for you, the DSII DLC just felt like sidestories, enjoyable in their own right, but not much to do with the base game.

Unless we are talking about Sir Alonne.
Sir Alonne is also in my Top 5 of Souls bosses, if not for OST alone.

Demon's Souls is still the best.
>>
>>275648308
It's a feature. Just put all your levels into adaptability if you want the game to be playable, what are you a f*cking casual?
>>
>>275648219
Lol bro, I'm a former D-1 rugby player, have abs at 6'1" 240 lbs, worked as a bouncer, Did army ROTC in college turning it down for 70k finance job, and I bench somewhere around 420 lbs. I grew up on base and boxed since I was 8. I've got the quickest hands I've ever seen in person from a non professional fighter, especially at my weight. If my gf wants to talk chit I'll let her do it to a point before pulling her away. If some guy gets in her face? I'm either gonna do the responsible thing and get the bouncer or pick him up and slam his phucking neck into the concrete.

What do you weigh… 190 lbs? Bench maybe 275 lbs? Lol. You have no idea what it's like walking around as big and as strong as someone like me. First of all, 95% of men walk in fear of you, and 95% of the other 5% of men are just retarded.

Literally the last 3 altercations I've been in with other males ended with me giving them one back hand slap and knocking them to the ground (I'm terrified of hitting most men and either killing them or putting them into a coma)

Any type of altercation, verbal etc. whether it involves girls I know or guys I know just mildly amuse me as I know I can step in and regulate the situation in a split second if things get serious.

Take your tiny, wanna be, hard pretend phaggot ass elsewhere pussy.
>>
>>275646495
>Its a good game
>All of those faults

Still a soulsdrone till the last breath huh faggot?
>>
>>275646682
I spent like 150 hours just re-rolling characters in demon's souls before moving onto dark souls. I tried to get everything but I didn't know that playing online reset world tendency and there were no faqs at the time to explain it all clearly. I think the farthest I ever got was beating all of world 2, Half of world 1, and the first boss for the other worlds. After 300 hours of dark souls I finally went back and platinumed demon's souls last year. I had way more fun building characters and speedrunning through dark souls than anything in Demon's Souls. Connected world is just superior.
>>
>>275648610
nigga i literally started yesterday and i got to the forest of fallen giants and went to bed
>>
>>275648675

tl,dr
>>
I left Dark Souls 2 have had fun, lances are awesome.
>>
>>275648191
The DLC is better than the main game but I don't think it's enough to redeem it.

The re-release is just unmitigated bullshit though.
>>
>>275648675

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.
>>
>>275648710
>Boy, you sure are retarded for liking [Thing]
You are a massive faggot, Anon.
>>
>>275648082
just realized that thing nostril is the eyes
>>
>>275646495
>I played the game for 200 hours
>It was a good game
>I liked the first one better

You answered you'r own damn question, both are games, both are good, both have flaws. You picked one of them as your favorite for subjective reasons called "your opinion".

That's all there is to it.

But now about that goddamn Steamworks conversion, wasn't it scheduled for November or something? I might want to play the game again.

By the way, I have 119 hours on DeS, 288 hours on DaS and 413 Hours on DaS2.
>>
One thing that annoys me is that the new graphics engine is more of a sidegrade than an improvement. I still think that DaS1 looks better overall. Catarina set looks like it's made of plastic in 2.
>>
>>275649160

Details tomorrow, most likely not the release though.

http://www.incgamers.com/2014/12/dark-souls-steam-migration-details-coming-on-monday
>>
>>275648883

It's not anon, that's just light reflecting off a bubble stuck in the nostril. What you're looking at is the cousin of the sea-horse, the sea-llama
>>
File: 1385859152768.png (218 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1385859152768.png
218 KB, 500x375
>>275648530
But that's it though. Even though the dedicated servers made PVP and co-op possible, I probably have 50+ hours outside the game only designing builds everywhere between SL30-130. What suddenly would drive me back to DkS was "Hey, I have this idea for a build I want to test out", and so I would.

Fuck Soul Memory.
>>
>>275647871
That's the biggest load of horseshit ever. Everybody fucking loved DS1 when it came out, it's all anybody talked about for months.

The reason why DS2 is considered "sloppy, casualized, unpolished, uninspired, rushed, too easy" is because it is. It's a bad game, plain and simple.
>>
>>275649461

In DaS1 I had to carefully select 1 of my 10 builds to delete to roll a new twink or pvp'r.

In DaS2 I only have 4 characters. Horseshit.
>>
>>275649172
That's my problem with DaS2. It just feels like a sidegrade. I love it, but it's just not as good as it should've. Some upgrades, and some downgrades.
>>
>>275649172
I like the player character models more in DS2, even with a muscular build in DS1 they're still scrawny.
>>
>>275649812
>It's a bad game, plain and simple.

C'mon stop with this. It's easily a solid video game.

>sloppy

Cite examples.

>casualized

The warping is a level design decision, though it's one they didn't take advantage of as much as they could've.

>unpolished

Hmm, I'm willing to agree but where?

>uninspired

Yeah.

>rushed

Was it? I mean I dunno.

>Too easy

Completely and utterly subjective.

I mean good god what's your yardstick for "bad game?" Big Rigs is a fucking bad game, and DSII isn't Big Rigs.
>>
The thing that peeves me most about DS2 is the roll system. It's like it was designed around using the iframes instead of logically avoiding attacks. They're supposed to make things a little easier, not be the main fucking dodge mechanic. Getting hit by something that didn't even touch you is the epitome of bad design; it's blue shell tier.
>>
>>275648470
Pfahahahaha
>>
>>275648530
>>275648023

They're fixing SM in the big patch next year.
>>
File: 1398410068254.jpg (40 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1398410068254.jpg
40 KB, 500x375
got the platinum in the 3 souls games (played them in chronologic order), and i actually liked DaS2 the most out of the bunch

to me ,DaS1 just feels awkwardly rushed/incomplete after anor londo, otherwise it would've been perfect

all 3 of them are pretty good tho, i can see why other people would choose DeS/DaS over DaS2
>>
>>275648470
That's the higher (inconsistent) framerate fooling you into thinking it's more fluid and natural.
>>
>>275646682
That's not true at all. I played Demon's first and DS2 is nowhere near the caliber of of either game.
>>
>>275648675

O que diabos você disse de mim, sua vadiazinha? Eu quero que você saiba que eu me formei 1º da turma no BOPE, e estive involvido em diversas operações na rocinha, and eu tenho mais de 300 mortes confirmadas. Eu sou treinado em muai thai e sou o melhor sniper em toda frota brasileira. Você não é nada para mim, senão outro alvo. Eu vou destruí-lo fodidamente com a precisão que nunca foi vista antes nesse planeta. Guarde minhas palavras. Você acha que vai escapar dizendo merda pra mim pela internet? Pensa mais, seu lixo. Enquanto falamos, estou contatando a presidentA Dilma por todo o planalto e seu IP está sendo rastreado agora mesmo então é melhor você se preparar para o inferno, seu verme. O inferno que vai destruir essa merda que você chama de sua vida. Você tá morto, garoto. Eu posso estar em qualquer lugar, a qualquer hora, e eu posso matar você de mais de 702 formas, e isso é só com as minhas mãos. Não só sou grandemente treinado em combate corpo a corpo, mas tenho acesso a todo arsenal brasileiro e a dois jatos franceses do anos 70 e vou usá-los exaustivamente pra destruir sua bundinha miserável desse continente, seu merdinha. Se você soubesse a demoníaca resposta que seu pequeno "malandro" comentário traria sobre você, talvez você tivesse mordido sua merda de língua. Mas você não podia, não o fez, e agora vai pagar o preço, seu lixo. Eu vou cagar sobre você e você vai se afogar. Você está morto, garoto.
>>
>>275650841

I heard that but I'm guessing the fix isn't "going back to SL"

And going back to SL is the only way to fix PvP and invading.
>>
>>275651404
They said they wanted to give more freedom, not sure how.
>>
>>275651372
>hue
>>
>>275650254
I wouldn't say it's a bad game but it is all of those things. With the possible exception of too easy.

Sloppy would be the persistent bugs and lazy design choices, like the durability bug which still isn't fixed and the way enemy hitboxes/rolling work where you get teleported into grabs.

Casualized would be the concessions to convenience that undermined the feeling of satisfaction from the previous games, like easy respecing and the healing system which butchered the point of Estus in Dark 1.

Unpolished would be the shoddy graphics, where tons of badly tiling textures are visible when the lighting engine was gutted. Examples would be the entire Shaded Woods level and Earthen Peak Keep.

Uninspired would be the lame retread story where they shoehorn things related to Dark 1 into the game to form connections and inadvertantly ruin the story of that game.

Best example of rushed would be the DLC season pass they said they weren't going to do, and the dramatic discrepency between the network test and the final game. Graphics weren't the only thing that got cut. Entire gameplay mechanics like first person aiming with spells and two-handing staves giving different spell effects were also missing from the network test.
>>
>>275646495
I agree completely with you, OP.
In all that grimdark depressive world there was no ray of hope, no Solaire, tu put it bluntly
>>
File: gay inept faggot.jpg (28 KB, 577x315) Image search: [Google]
gay inept faggot.jpg
28 KB, 577x315
Honestly I can't wait until Bloodborne comes out and all this DS2 business is dead and buried. What a stain of a game.
>>
>>275651605
delete this
>>
File: lelel.png (25 KB, 499x297) Image search: [Google]
lelel.png
25 KB, 499x297
anything else?
>>
>>275650254
He's overreacting by saying DaS2 was a bad game. However, most would say that DaS2 was disappointing compared to the games that came before it.

FROM made a lot of mistakes in the design of DaS2. Some of those mistakes were even ones they had made previously in the earlier Souls games and had to fix. It just made a lot of the playerbase feel like they hadn't learned anything from all the balancing they had to do beforehand.

SM and ADP were at least forgivable since they were new concepts, though most still question what they were thinking when they made them.
>>
I like Dark Souls the best.
Started the series with Demon's Souls, and really really liked it. Dark Souls came along and hit all the right buttons for me.
Dark Souls 2 wasn't objectively a bad game, but I found myself complaining about it as I was playing it much more than its predecessors. It's a shame because depending on what you like, I imagine it's perfectly feasible to like 2 more than 1 or DeS, but for me, almost unilaterally all of the changes from 1 to 2 were negative.
>didn't like the new rolling
>I didn't like ADP
>story was fucktarded(this is the only major thing I think is absolutely objectively worse, no matter what your preferences about other things are),
>felt like the overall atmosphere took a major dive
>NPCs felt blander than ever
>Adding back in health gems was a bad idea
>Warping from the get-go took me out of the game a lot, I felt it let them get too lazy with the level design at parts

Now if you're one of those guys that prefers the PVP interactions, or hated that Dark Souls 1 took a level design nose-dive in parts of the second half, and placed more priority on those things, I can easily see why you may like 2.
But those are my reasons why I disliked it, mostly atmosphere/story stuff.
Oh and one more thing, enemies spinning on turntables to instantly hit you mid-swing was way more prevalent in 2 than any other game.
>>
File: dogpat.jpg (52 KB, 497x651) Image search: [Google]
dogpat.jpg
52 KB, 497x651
>tfw ds2 lp over soon
>tfw bloodborne lp with matt
>>
>>275651665
>PS4 exclusive
Petition when?
>>
>>275651750
sickdark
>>
>>275651665
>using gay as an insult
>2014
average miyazaki fanboy
>>
>>275651750
Butthurt
>>
>>275651852
thanks

>>275651882
>liking shit memes
>>
>>275651865
Shut up faggot. Go smoke a cock to calm your nerves
>>
>>275651814
PvP was far better in DaS1. I have a hard time believing that anyone would prefer PvP in 2 over 1, even after all the balancing that was done.

Dark Souls falling off later in the game is definitely a valid reason why someone might like 2 over 1 though.
>>
>>275651963
You're right. I do hate that "underrated" faggotry actually.
>>
>>275646495
It went wrong when you liked Dark Souls
>>
>>275651605
>and the way enemy hitboxes/rolling work where you get teleported into grabs.

Aye about durability, but about this. This is because persons don't have enough ADP. But that is indicative of a different design decision. Who the fuck thought it was a good or neat or innovative idea to tie i-frames to a stat?

>Casualized would be the concessions to convenience that undermined the feeling of satisfaction from the previous games, like easy respecing and the healing system which butchered the point of Estus in Dark 1.

Easy respeccing? There was NO respeccing in the first game. How is that casualization? You can try a new build by reallocating points that's actually a good feature as it gives more options to the players.

I agree about Estus. I always had it in mind that you start out with five flasks, and if you wanted more you'd have to burn Human Effigies for them but only 1 effigy per flask, all the way up to 10. Eventually you'd get to a point where you find an Estus Flask Shard which would increase your flask count permanently to ten.

>Unpolished would be the shoddy graphics, where tons of badly tiling textures are visible when the lighting engine was gutted. Examples would be the entire Shaded Woods level and Earthen Peak Keep.

Aye.

Already agreed with you on uninspired.

Didn't know about that last bit, neat.

>>275651810

This about sums it up.
>>
>>275651979
Lol I'm not even a faggot you autist.
You are objectively retarded though
>>
>>275652057
I never had any good experiences in Dark 1 PvP honestly. Think PvP was garbage in all of the games.

I preferred Dark 2 because I thought the netcode (while still shitty) was more consistent and eventually critical attacks were nerfed to the point where they weren't the end-all be-all. I think it was because I was more in tune with the meta.
>>
>>275652057
Well I meant more in the terms of ease of use and connection. But yeah I've heard they've been doing some bullshit balancing, honestly I was only inferring because I played Dark Souls like a single player game
Ironically though I played Dark Souls 1 through and got invaded like 9 times in one playthrough a year after the game came out, then got invaded twice in two playthroughs of Dark Souls 2 at launch.
That was weird, I expected more.
>>
>>275651810
>He's overreacting by saying DaS2 was a bad game.
Getting hit by attacks that don't actually hit you is not the mark of a good game, anon. I mean, that's as serious a flaw as it gets.

>inb4 Ceaseless Discharge .gif

Yes, there were rare occurrences in DS1 where the hit detection glitched out, but the makers of DS2 intentionally designed the battles so that if you have a low agility/adaptability, you're still going to get hit by attacks that don't connect. That's just really stupid.
>>
>>275652240
>using autist as an insult
>using retarded as an insult
>the current year
Cool double standards you faggot.
DS2 fans everybody.
>>
>>275652235
That's what I mean by lazy design. How do you solve the problem of enemies being trivialized by circle-strafing? Globally give every enemy tons of tracking. How do you counter that? I-frame abuse, tie it to a stat.

Even if you have the i-frames to dodge through attacks, you're still dodging THROUGH the hitboxes. The hitboxes are just as fucked, now you're just using an unintuitive and stupid mechanic to compensate. It doesn't make it any better.

Respecing is casualization because it takes away consequence from leveling and character planning. Whether or not you personally agree with this, it is a pure convenience feature as a tradeoff for, well, gravitas. That's what casualization means.
>>
>>275652248
My problem with DaS2 PvP is that there are only 4 viable weapons. If you try to use anything but a Katana, Great Sword, Straight Sword, or Rapier against anyone competent, you are probably going to lose.

DaS1 PvP was very much the same in that a lot of weapon types were outright bad, but there was still noticeably greater variety in PvP.

Though to be honest I haven't tried DaS2 PvP in quite some time. Things have likely changed by now.
>>
>>275652645
I don't know how true that is now, but that isn't how the meta used to be. There was a lot of variety. Spears used to dominate for a while, then they were nerfed heavily, but they were still viable. I went through most of my PvP stuff with a spear and a straight sword off-hand. I think part of the reason I prefer DaS2 PvP is because guardbreak is so much more effective than kicking, punishing turtling heavily and making it go faster.

DaS1, at high levels anyway, suffered from how completely overpowered dark magic was. Pursuers punished way too many options.
>>
Dark Souls 2 has zero consequences for anything .
>>
>>275646695
actually, DaS2 was Miyazaki's idea. He I recall, once explained that DaS was his big break, and he wanted to give someone else that chance with a DaS2. Which is why he was barely involved when he very well could have headed both DaS2 and BB, or at least been more involved with DaS
>>
What bothered me most about DS2 was the world geography being completely unconnected.
The worst offender being the elevator from Earthen Peak to Iron Keep.

http://youtu.be/UScsme8didI
>>
>>275653018
They have recently nerfed large weapons, which made me sad.
It went from having ridiculous hitstun to now you can't poisebreak for shit and your windup is ridiculous.
RIP Large Club
>>
>>275648436
>DaS 2 was a travesty

NOWHERE outside of this shithole have I read/heard this. Nowhere.
The game is great, a lot of you people are just a bunch of contrarian faggots nitpicking petty little details and acting like they completely ruin the experience.
>>
>>275653554
Your second sentence and the first have nothing to do with each other. How did you get from Miyazaki distancing himself from DS2 to it being his idea?
>>
File: 1415860454774.jpg (21 KB, 456x502) Image search: [Google]
1415860454774.jpg
21 KB, 456x502
>tfw there's scrubs on planet Earth that think Souls PvP is competitive and take it seriously
>tfw I play fighting games and laugh at said scrubs who couldn't learn a fighting game
>>
>>275648603
Fume Knight had plenty to do with the main story. CotIK in general was just an extension of Iron keep and its lore, with Fume Knight being more tied to Vendrick's side of things
>>
>>275653845
>fighting games
Epic post jamal-kun
>>
File: 1417802257451.gif (1019 KB, 500x245) Image search: [Google]
1417802257451.gif
1019 KB, 500x245
>this much retardation

when will you guys learn, they are just baiting you and you are gobbling it all up

das2 is good, the only problem with it is that they are trying to moneygrab from consolepeasants and the netcode on it. the new dlc is fucking free for the pc masterrace.
>>
>>275646620
>went in to DaSII with all my expectations low
>ended up enjoying it more than DaS
I bet most people who went into it and ended up hating it were expecting too much
>>
>>275650254
it is definitely rushed. but id say its more rushed, and it shows even more due to the lack of polish.

the downgraded visuals make it all look even worse.

and unlike DaS1, even the story is half baked and rushed.

its painfully obvious the game was originally going to feature time travel, and the crowns thing in conjunction with nashandra's fight being all about curse, is obvious of unimplemented lore and shit

as well as old chaos and Lost Sinner.
>>
>>275653845

>I suck dick at Souls PvP
>b-b-but it's OK cause I'm good at fitan, right???
>>
>>275646495
The good news is that it isn't over. Free update coming in february, plot and new enemies and all sorts of good shit
>>
>>275651002
that's not it. animations and movement ARE smoother and more responsive.

DaS, even at 60FPS with DSfix, was still clunky to control, and some animations were pretty janky.

rolling in particular is hard to get back used to after DaS2
>>
File: 1381264075264.jpg (131 KB, 813x747) Image search: [Google]
1381264075264.jpg
131 KB, 813x747
>>275646495
>tfw you finally finish dark souls and desperately want more
>tfw you came to the souls game late and dark souls 2 is already out
>tfw you GET more
i must have had to wait all of 2 days before buying dark souls 2, felt good man
>>
>>275655608
Never really had that problem. Light rolling in DaS seemed better to me.

Then again, I'm not really complaining about DaS2 controls either. Only thing I didn't like about DaS2 was the changes to parry, specifically the removal of partial parry.
>>
anyone got a copy of dark souls 2 for trade? ill trade u something for it
>>
>>275654760
are you me?
I didnt expect anything and got more fun out of it than Dark Souls 1.
Guess people who hate it are people who still get hyped for vidya.
>>
>>275655608
DS2 animations don't have any weight to them, you can fucking roll in full havel's and 100% weight and the roll will feel like a light roll and won't even make a sound.
>animations and movement ARE smoother and more responsive.
no they aren't
>>
>>275646495
I'd say if you can want to play any game for 200 hours then it's a success. Certainly not a perfect game but obviously a lot of things went very right if it can keep your attention for that long.
>>
>>275653721
this doesn't hold up here though, DaS was very very popular and I love that, take your 'you're all just hipsters' bullshit elsewhere.
>>
>>275656273
are you forgetting ninja flipping havels?
>>
>>275646682
Not true, played the fuck out of Demons souls, then played dark souls, and loved the hell out of Dark Souls way more. I think it has more to do with level design and layout and general pacing than anything else. DS2 was simply poor in all these areas.
>>
Ivory king DLC is what the entire game should have been. Shrine of amana was easily the best area of the vanilla game.
>>
Daily reminder that Claymore and Estoc have always been and will always be the GOAT weapons.
>>
>>275659168
>Not Longsword
>>
Playing DS2 atm, about 30hrs in and throughout the game, while im enjoying it im just not as invested in it as DS1, a big part of this is just the world design and atmosphere being far less interesting, I've summoned players a few times without even trying the boss first because I just want to get it over with, this is something I never did in DS1.
>>
>>275659334
>Longsword
>Good in anything but DaS2
>>
>>275648675
>6'1"

Lol. Barely taller than a manlet. I know a guy who is 6'8" and around 20 stone. Pretty trim too. He can probably bench your weight with each arm...and probably doesn't talk shit on the interwebs either.
>>
>>275654760
I played after already hearing how fucking shit it was and I didn't like it, it was just dull more than anything, some things were very well done but the game as a whole just didn't gel for me.
>>
>>275646495
The game played decently enough, it was the shitty ass textures and lighting that continued to bug me.
>>
i went back and played dark souls again
i felt like i spent so much time running
i think that's the only thing das2 did better, being able to port at the beginning
>>
The world wasn't as cohesive, and the bosses were a lot more similar to each other.

The big problem: warping, and designing the level flow around warp. Not only did you not need warp for most of Dark Souls 1, it was much more engaging to walk around Lordran prior to O&S. In DS2 not only were you warping everywhere, the levels were connected in much straighter lines and didn't have much in the way of physical shortcuts. And pretty much everything else. The things that made Lordran such a great world to explore were lacking in DS2. The handful of refinements to the mechanics paled in comparison.

And oh yeah, THE ARMOR WASN'T FUCKING SHINY, NOT EVEN THE SHINY SETS FROM DS1.
>>
>>275647990
hahaha wtf is going on in this webm?
>>
>>275648082
Thread replies: 126
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.