[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think Monogatari series would make a good video game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6
File: mono.jpg (246 KB, 1624x750) Image search: [Google]
mono.jpg
246 KB, 1624x750
Do you think Monogatari series would make a good video game?

What would it be like? A Telltale-style adventure game? An open-city roaming game where you solve various incidents?

And yeah, I know it has a minigame-fest PSP game, let's ignore that,
>>
>>275538347
you just took that image from me, from the other thread on /a/, did you?
>>
>>275538347
No, but I have a game design inspired by the series, including a new way of doing dialogue in a game that I think is the most innovative thing ever.

Unfortunately, the higher ups see no value in it and think its too risky, so I can't get it made. I am going to move to Japan and try to get work at Platinum or Kojima productions and see if the Japanese industry is more open to my ideas. I have a decade of experience in the industry, so I should be able to get the job. The question is if they will take the risk on my idea. Very different from the norm. Not a typical sort of game, but very open ended and free form.

Like the character creation is the player filling out a college application and describing themselves for example- and you become a student in a town that has a lot of urban legends. Turns out many of them are true.

The flow of gameplay is interacting with the residents, exploring the town, and solving problems. Not exactly something people want to dump an open world budget into.
>>
File: 1328064767430.jpg (55 KB, 641x467) Image search: [Google]
1328064767430.jpg
55 KB, 641x467
>>275538347
Please tell me that is from a hentai where that dude has one huge group sex with all those girls?
>>
Not really.
>A Telltale-style adventure game?
There's already a visual novel.
>An open-city roaming game where you solve various incidents?
I'd rather a Nasuverse game like that to be honest. I like Monogatari but I can't see much vidya potential in it.
>>
>>275539140
>a town that has a lot of urban legends. Turns out many of them are true.

Somewhat classical setup for Japanese adventure games. For example Yuuyami Doori Tankentai.
http://easternmind.tumblr.com/post/202551606/japanofiles2yuuyamidooritankentai

>>275539317
There are some groupsex doujins, yeah.

>>275539372
>There's already a visual novel.
What are you refering to? That PSP game?
>>
>>275539140
So Persona but open world. Not exactly world-shaking, but it'd probably work.

>>275539317
No, but parts of Nisemonogatari are close enough.
>>
>>275539445
yes, I think it would be a great set up for an open world modern style adventure game.

All open world and adventure games give you only two things to do: collect shit, and kill shit. I want to add variety to that by making the dialogues and interactions more dynamic (and not in the shitty bioware way) and by making the world filled with mysteries and super natural shit to figure out.
>>
>>275539140
> I am going to move to Japan and try to get work at Platinum or Kojima productions and see if the Japanese industry is more open to my ideas. I have a decade of experience in the industry, so I should be able to get the job.

Anon are you serious
>>
>>275538347
>snail well drawn feet
>cat has nailess finger feet
>>
>>275539750

Don't forget to make the level design aesthetics like Shinbo on drugs
>>
>>275539814
You can't even see snail's feet
>>
>>275538347
Half the reason the series works is because of the spastic way SHAFT directs it. I don't think you could replicate that in a video game. Araragi always loses the actual fights he gets in, so I'm not sure what the gameplay would be like. Dragging your broken body away from the latest monster girl trying to kill you simulator?
>>
File: bakamonogatari.jpg (55 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
bakamonogatari.jpg
55 KB, 500x667
>no LA drama adaptation yet

I guess it'll happen after Kizu
>>
>>275539809
yep, EA is fucking soul crushing, fuck them. I already have the preparations, I am going to japan next summer, wish me luck.

>>275539897
Yeah, the idea is to make an open world game that has that surreal shinbo style to it.
>>
File: 1381642527312.jpg (100 KB, 550x700) Image search: [Google]
1381642527312.jpg
100 KB, 550x700
>>275540035
>Dragging your broken body away from the latest monster girl trying to kill you simulator?
Romantic survival horror?
You are now aware that pic related is the Void from Downpour.
>>
>>275540520
But not really. You didn't see Owari spoilers?
>>
>>275540275
>Yeah, the idea is to make an open world game that has that surreal shinbo style to it.

That sounds great, but good luck
You can speak japanese right
>>
>>275540643
Nah. I barely go on /a/ these days. Is she not the void that tried to kill Hachikuji? Or at least in control of it?
>>
>>275540994
No. Since it seems SHAFT really wants to animate everything, you should just want for Owari to see.
>>
File: Amagami 1416270544830.gif (3 MB, 288x180) Image search: [Google]
Amagami 1416270544830.gif
3 MB, 288x180
>>275538347
What is Monogatari like, anyways? It looks like something similar to Amagani at first glance.
>>
>>275540646
I can speak JLPT4 right now. I need to teach english for at least a year to get a Visa, so I will spend a couple years doing that and learning moon in my downtime. I could use a break from game dev for a few years anyway.

The cycle can be grueling.
>>
>>275538347
I don't know what the fuck this is, but judging from the image it is safe to assume it would fit generic animu dating sim #9431
>>
>>275541185
visualy confusing.
hipermaxultra fucker mc
jelly necks

i licked all seasons, but bakemono was best monogatari
>>
>>275541185
It's nothing similar to Amagami to be honest. It's, uh, about monsters and stuff.
>>
File: chuckster.png (95 KB, 375x360) Image search: [Google]
chuckster.png
95 KB, 375x360
>>275538347
I think for it to be a good video game it should focus on being a good anime first, though I guess Naruto has shown that's not completely necessary.
>>
>>275541185
It doesn't follow the same omnibus format like Amagami.

It mainly build around wordplay, supernatural and in the anime adaptation it has somewhat nonstandard shot composition and direction.

Mainly the arcs are about the hero solving problems for one of the girls, at least in the first few arcs, then it gets more complicated.

The proper watching order is the release order, meaning Bakemonogatari -> Nisemonogatari -> Nekomonogatari Black -> Monogatari Second Season (several arcs aired together) -> Hanamonogarari. Also, new arc, Tsukimonogatari, will air soon.It's also important to get the BD releases, as they're enchanced and uncensored. For example Coalgirls has the BDs for all arc.

I'd just say you should give Bakemonogatari a try and see for yourself.
>>
>>275541185
if you know percy jackson, the percy jackson book series is like monogatari lite with greek mythology instead of supernatural shit and urban legends
>>
>>275541190
Not him and I don't mean to be mean, but JLPT4 (N4) is pretty basic. N2 or N1 is usually what Japanese universities ask for when you apply for Bachelors/Masters there.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.