[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
have i dun goofed? (pic related) i started izjs without really
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 5
File: Untitled.jpg (1 MB, 1700x956) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
1 MB, 1700x956
have i dun goofed? (pic related)
i started izjs without really looking into whats the best job for each character.
i was going to run with balthier fran and ashe.
ashe being the white mage.

should i start over?

ffxii thread
>>
Those are suboptimal but decent choices.
>>
Unless your intention is to minmax like an autist, it doesn't matter.
>>
>>321056756
To elaborate (doubleposting since this thread was on page 10):

-Women have high magic stats making them good mages.
-Men have high strength, making them good melee or ranged classes.
-Fran and Balthier have flashy animations for their ranged attacks, which are lengthy and therefore cut into their DPS (in a bad way; so ironically making Balthier a machinist or Fran an archer is the worst thing you can do).

Of those class choices you made the only outright bad one is Fran. Black Mages suck in XII because of something called Effect Capacity:
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Effect_Capacity
Basically because the PS2 was a piece of shit Square Enix had to design a system to prevent it going nuclear. Their solution was to limit the amount of flashy graphics that can display concurrently by throttling them into a queue. Physical damage attacks (both allied and enemy) are unaffected making Melee/Ranged king, and because the Black Mage's best spells are all super-flashy what happens is in practice Fran will end up cockblocking your White Mage/Ashe- preventing her from healing anyone.

Also for reference, the best setup is
Vaan - Monk
Penelo - Red or White Mage
Balthier - Uhlan (ie. Dragoon)
Fran - Whatever you didn't make Penelo, or vice versa
Basch - Archer
Ashe - Samurai
>>
In the end it doesn't matter, but if you're interested:
Archer [Basch > Vaan > Ashe > Penelo > Balthier > Fran]
Black Mage [Ashe > Penelo > Fran > Vaan > Balthier > Basch]
Breaker [Fran > Vaan > Balthier > Penelo > Ashe > Basch]
Hunter / Shikari [Vaan > Balthier > Basch > Fran > Ashe > Penelo]
Knight [Vaan > Ashe > Fran > Balthier > Penelo > Basch]
Machinist [Fran > Basch > Ashe > Vaan > Balthier > Penelo]
Monk [Vaan > Ashe > Fran > Penelo > Balthier > Basch]
Red Mage [Ashe > Penelo > Fran > Vaan > Balthier > Basch]
Samurai / Mononofu [Ashe > Vaan > Penelo > Fran > Basch > Balthier]
Time Mage [Ashe > Fran > Vaan > Basch > Balthier > Penelo]
Uhlan [Ashe > Penelo > Vaan > Fran > Basch > Balthier
White Mage [Vaan > Balthier > Fran > Basch > Ashe > Penelo]

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pRNoNgG65Pk7sGQFlM3-g591q57Qvu46BU2oaV8p7qY/edit
>>
>>321057305
thanks for the break down.
i just rescued ashe, im taking a break and debating a do over.
>>
>>321057305
Unless you can consistently perform the RNG voodoo to acquire Seitengrat, why would you even have an Archer?
>>
>>321057432
Archer is pretty good in general combat and gets the full complement of Remedy Lore licenses for Nihopalaoa shenanigans
>>
>>321054784
Those are fine. If you're playing on emulator there's an editor that lets you change their job if you really care that much.
>>
>>321057305

This is why we need a re-release, assuming they would bother fixing it.
>>
>>321057573
What I do is cheese the postgame by having a knight, an uhlan and a white mage so I can have a three man party who all have holy-elemental weapons. Fucking skeletons.
>>
>>321057305

Is this based entirely on animation lenght?
Since you seem to be an expert on the subject, what is the optimal esper distribution on the license boards?
>>
>>321054784

How are you using 4 party members at the same time?
Is this a IZJS thing?
>>
I have 30 hours in but I'm wondering if I should restart the game. I have Vann on swords (tank). Balthier on guns (dps and OT), and Fran on magic duty. Am I screwed? I'm otw to Archades.
>>
>>321058210
He's not using 4 party members, that's a city
Vaan is greyed out in that upper right image

But technically you can have 4 party members all the time with the editor on the pcsx2 forum
>>
>>321058210
im not using 4 members, its the part where you have to run around shouting
>IM BASCH FON RONSENBURG
>DONG BELIEVE ONDORES LIES
whilst your party waits for you at the mine entrance.
>>321057732
for real? i'll have to look into that.

one thing guys, is black mage necessary?
after reading >>321057305 about effect capacity i might just have a white mage, knight and something else
>>
File: healer.jpg (46 KB, 528x716) Image search: [Google]
healer.jpg
46 KB, 528x716
Is Larsa the best healer(male) out there?
>>
>>321058138
>>321057946
I'm gonna be honest, I never actually finished the game; got to the final level and simply stopped playing as I've done with, shit, five separate FF games. Right now I'm just rattling off stuff I've heard from other people on /v/.
Anyway Esper bridges should be fairly intuitive since the Espers themselves are basically never worth summoning. Sorry if that sounds like a copout but it's been 3 years since I last played XII.

>>321058413
>>321057905
They probably wouldn't fix it, but it'd be nice.
I recall the Zeromus fight being a fucking nightmare due to his signature attack sucking up all the effect capacity.
>>
File: pcsx2 2015-12-22 15-40-15-09.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
pcsx2 2015-12-22 15-40-15-09.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>321058401
>But technically you can have 4 party members all the time with the editor on the pcsx2 forum
>>
You can beat the game with six time mages, you can probably beat most of the optional fights with that setup as well.

People are stressing over optimal picks too much.
>>
I would have picked someone with haste
>>
Anyone else who uses Vaan as the party leader just because you're forced to use him in towns?
>>
>>321059020
I use him because of the
100%health->steal gambit
same for Balthier
>>
>>321054784
are there any prepatched izjs iso out there? i think i can't wait for the remaster but to lazy to do the whole thing
>>
When is the next time we'll get a new Ivalice game? Do they all have the same director or something?
>>
>>321059140
Never
>>
>>321059131
i downloaded one form one of those rom websites. direct download, no hassle
>>
>>321059128

I never use gambits on the party leader, that seems incredibly annoying.
>>
>>321059140

Never ever

>tfw ARR is some amalgamation of worlds and not an Ivalice MMO

it hurts
>>
What's better - the Zodiac version or vanilla?
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (304 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
304 KB, 1920x1080
so i got the editor.
is there anyway to make larsa and vossler actual party members? ive added them into my party but they still function under the 'guest' parameters
>>
>>321059830
zodiac was the sorry we fucked shit up in the original release version also we only released this in japan
>>
File: pcsx2 2015-12-22 15-48-53-14.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
pcsx2 2015-12-22 15-48-53-14.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>321059956
Nope, they don't have a license board to edit
>>
>>321059830
I didnt play zodiac, but for different roles/license boards it's already better than vanillia.
>>
>>321060229
and the speedup button
>>
>Everyone bitches about Vaan and Penelo making the game worse because it ruins the story
>Nobody bitches about how if they weren't in the game it would have be a 4 person party

You can't do shit for party composition in the IZJS because there aren't enough party slots.

Want any of the useful support magic? Have fun playing the game missing a tank, healer or damage dealer so you can fit in a Time Mage.
>>
>>321060665
that could be fixed if they let you change classes, like in V, Tactics, 4HoL etc
>>
>>321060665
What's the big problem if the main character is someone not important to the story and just tags along? I really didn't give a shit when I played the game, still enjoyed the story.
>>
>>321061041
I wouldnt give a shit if, in that case, he stayed quiet the whole time. Instead he goes full retard, like asking Fran about her age right after she gets kicked out of woods.
Penelo was annoying with how hard she wanted Vaan's dick and didn't just forcefully undress him and start sucking it.
>>
Main character =/= viewpoint character.

Vaan isn't the former and ceases to be the latter over the course of the game.
>>
>>321060308

I'm indifferent to the new job system, but the speedup button is a massive improvement.
>>
Vaan and Penelo are basically C3PO and R2D2.

They're the main characters at the very start, but later become irrelevant and occasionally do something retarded.
>>
>>321061893
Though, C3PO and R2D2 were moe.
>>
>>321057305
>>321057412
>penelo listed as worst white mage
>penelo: red or white mage
this recommendation doesn't make much sense to me, why not just say "penelo: red mage" and "fran: white mage," according to the rankings that's unequivocally better than the reverse combo
>>
>Tfw didn't mind Vaan and used him throughout my entire playthrough.
>>
>>321062231

I used him because you switch to him when in towns.
It would be weird to not have him in the party and then suddenly control him.
>>
>>321061893
who's luke then
>>
>>321062725

Basch = Luke/Obi Wan
Balthier = Han Solo
Fran = Chewbacca
Ashe = Leia
Vaan = C3PO
Penello = RD2D
>>
>>321062883
i like it
>>
>>321062883
But Fran is useful to the plot and the whole Mist thing
>>
>>321062908

Vayne = Sheev
Gabranth = Darth Vader
>>
I've beaten FFXII 2 times now, but I think I didn't do the majority of the content. I didn't go to a bunch of places and looking at the list of summons I only got about 1/4 of them.
Maybe it's time for another playthrough, I have 2 weeks off and it's been a while.
>>
>>321064235
Even if you want to explore everything yourself, without using guide. I still recommend to go look how to check best weapons. Or at least do not open chests...at all, until you get that bracelet that makes you get better things out of chests. I think npc on desert sells it.
>>
Does this game has a complete english translation?
>>
>>321058889
i beat the game with avg party level of 83

but then i played the game using a guide so whatever

it wasnt the izjs version though
>>
>>321058251
Fran is an excellent tank/breaker. I use Ashe as SAMurai, and Vaan as MNK.
>>
>>321064235
>>321064595
Or just play IZJS and don't worry about the chest bullshit. No need for a guide
>>
>>321064727
Yes.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.