[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Helldivers thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
psst
hey
hey kid
wanna buy some Democracy?
what's your loadout, /v/?
>>
>>320994637
Hows this games community? Bought it when it was released and played it once or twice. Just watched Starship Troopers and it made me want to play something with a similar universe.
>>
>>320994637
>displacement field
>double freedom or justice
>grenade launcher call down
>shield
>incendiary calldown
>bunker buster for spam

I also like the decoy strategem, and will switch the grenade launcher out for a healing gun.

I wish you could see other people's loadout when joining mid game so I could chose better compliments to my team.
>>
>>320995153
Communities alright. It got released on pc like a week ago. The game's really teamwork oriented so people need to communicate and what not.
>>
>>320995936
I remember being killed by friendly fire a LOT! I imagine it would be a much better game with a few friends
>>
How is it Singleplayer wise? Does it do Local multiplayer on PC?
>>
>>320995153
So far i've encountered to types of player. The ones that just want a good time, teamkill when it's funny and make jokes or objective oriented die hards that don't really want to talk.
Also the mp is drop in/out so if you don't like your party youcan leave
All in all it' good fun, but the games true potential shows when it's played with good comrades
I wish the game had more in game macros.
>>
>>320996275
singleplayer isn't nearly as fun as coop. harder missions aren't really possible
>>
>>320995936
I've done dozens of helldives with only communicating with "wait, move, yes, and no", and it's usually just everyone spamming "move" since that is all you gotta do. Big thing is knowing what needs to be done to finish the mission -- no one should have to tell you to throw your distractor beacons before going to the next objective you just do it.

>>320996275
>How is it Singleplayer wise?
Not really worth it, in my opinion. Depending on the kinds of objectives youre given, you can solo up to very hard by yourself. But it's extremely slow, and you might not complete every objective. The main thing is that for the harder missions there are so many objectives that your team needs a good assortment of strategems that account for all the scenarios. By yourself, you just can't cover all the needed strategems for every objective, not since youre the only one you go through ammo even faster.
>>
Whats the deal with all the DLC.? There i slike 14 packs at 2.50 a pop
>>
>>320994637
If I pirate this can I play co-op via gameranger or something?
>>
One this i never understood was the whole war system. Is that in real time? I remember being really impressed by it.
>>
>>320994637
I can't get gud at this game.

Every time I play I get team mates dropping in and I accidentally kill them way too much. Is there a way to stop the multiplayer for long enough for me to get decent?
>>
still waiting for it to go on sale, played it on the vita and loved it. really happy to see it gets the love it deserves now that its on pc
>>
>>320996925
yes, it's real time. Every objective completed by players adds points towards winning the region the mission is in. Once the region has enough points it is won and the next region unlocks.
>>
>>320996974
set your game to private/friends only and use the galaxy map, not the multiplayer interface.
>>
>>320997294
Cool, thanks.
>>
>>320996830
Most if it is variations of already existing strategems and weapons that are not better than their standard counter parts. The Justice (rifle), Double Freedom (shotgun), Railgun (sniper), and Sickle ( energy ) are all standard game and the best of their classes when compared to DLC, but only LMG you can use for a primary is from DLC. Also the UAV and satchel chargers are both DLC, and don't really have a standard game counter part. So yes it is bullshit, but I bought the standard game on the PS3 earlier this year and have not had an issue with the standard gear and don't plan on buying any of the DLC.
>>
File: freedom.jpg (35 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
freedom.jpg
35 KB, 600x450
>>320996925
>tfw bug offensive falls all the back and you have to defend earth
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.