[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Star Wars Galaxies/SWGemu
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 7
File: swg.jpg (108 KB, 615x312) Image search: [Google]
swg.jpg
108 KB, 615x312
>Star Wars Galaxies is a sandbox MMO set in the Star Wars universe shortly after the destruction of the first Death Star above Yavin IV. Star Wars Galaxies officially closed on 15th December 2011. SWGEmu aims to emulate Star Wars Galaxies in it's Pre-CU era, version 14.1.

Had a pretty good thread yesterday.

Any anons still playing?
>>
The thread last night got me to reinstall after 1-2 years away from SWGEmu. Just been going around getting exploration badges for now. I was planning on making a thread in a couple hours, but this works.
>>
>>274035670
i wish i had the motivation to play this again but after the two last times /v/ got hyped about it for a while and then stopped playing im kinda wary now
>>
>>274036164
>last 2

Flavors of the month/week come and go all the time, doesn't mean you should restrict yourself from playing something you might enjoy because of some flaky trend-followers.
>>
>>274035670
Is this game fun? Is it complicated? I want to play an MMO with not too many people but I'm not sure.
>>
what's the state of the emu? also i remember it being really grindy and was wondering if they added the hunting missions again
>>
>>274036512
Almost all of pre-CU is in now, they've mostly worked out creature/droid AI so CH is working.
>>
>>274035670
I quit playing after the goggles themepark thing

Has it advanced at all?
>>
>>274036512
some stuff still isn't in like JTL and jedis but its like 95% up and running
>>
SWG 2 when?
>>
>>274036646

Is the plan to add JTLS? There was some seriously good stuff in that expansion. The game's space system was insane. (walking around on a star ship that was dynamically moving in space and you can look out the windows still strikes me as insane.)
>>
>>274036456
it's from an older breed of MMOs, the sandbox kind like UO
You won't understand a single thing when you start playing so better check the guides section on their forums
as for fun, well just ask yourself if second life in the star wars universe is fun
>>
>>274036780
The plan (last time I checked) was "JTL eventually, probably" once everything else pre-JTL is done and released.
>>
File: rebel soldiers.png (463 KB, 375x544) Image search: [Google]
rebel soldiers.png
463 KB, 375x544
>>274036456
>fun
It depends on what you want to do. It's a sandbox so there isn't much direction to what you do. You kind of just RP as a low-life in the Star Wars universe.
>complicated
It's a pre-WoW MMO, and is pretty damn deep, and that coupled with the extreme freedom can lead to it being fairly daunting.
>>
>>274036780
"after the ground content is fully added"
>>
Do you still have to grind for hours with the same 3 moves?
>>
>>274037257
The core gameplay isn't going to change, anon.
>>
>>274036732

That's what you got, isn't it? Isn't this what you wanted?
>>
>>274035670
Never played it unfortunately. Was looking forward to playing the emulated version, but I don't own the original game.
>>
>>274037847
Everyone here pirated it dude.
>>
>>274037847
That's just them covering their asses legally.
>>
>>274037847
> but I don't own the original game.

so?
>>
>>274037847
use the pirated version all you want, just dont go to their forums asking where to get it or bragging about it (everyone else did the same thing) its all a masquerade to keep the legal boogeyman away
>>
>>274037847
there's .iso's all over the internet just use those to install the game and then use the emu launcher
>>
>>274037847
Its like when PS2 emulators ask for your own consoles BIOS. They dont actually expect you to use your own.
>>
>>274037386
fair enough, i used to play entertainer when the game came out so the game seems so much different from a different gameplay perspective
>>
Anyone on right now? I'm messing some gorg's up on tatooine.
>>
File: screenShot0101.jpg (580 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
screenShot0101.jpg
580 KB, 1920x1080
I never get tired of binary sunsets.
>>
>>274038654
Will be in a few. Gotta get home first.
>>
>>274037674
Leave it up to Bioware to take a genre who's only pro is the fact that a lot of people play it at the same time on the same server and turn it into a story-based experience.
Fucking retards.
>>
Tons of guides and reference materials here
http://www.swgemu.com/archive/scrapbookv51/tree/
>>
File: 1416035598953.gif (3 MB, 290x189) Image search: [Google]
1416035598953.gif
3 MB, 290x189
>>274039768
But their story's are so compelling and well written.
>>
Protip: don't kite a krayt dragon into Mos Eisley
>>
>>274041538
protip: if you do, make sure you are screaming
>>
>>274042425
I wouldn't do anything to incriminate yourself, people get beyond buttblasted over stuff like that.
>>
>>274037998
>>274038065
>>274038095
>>274038269
>>274038295
>>274038429
Shit, I didn't think there were still torrents out there. I didn't look, but I presumed that no one bothered to make one since the game has been dead for years. Shows what I know.
>>
>>274042765
like 3 or 4 of us just downloaded it last night. Torrent takes maybe a hour its healthy as hell.
>>
Since being a Smuggler seems shittier than I thought it'd be, what sort of unique combat class would you guys recommend? How's Squad Leader?
>>
>>274042719
just name yourself "Bob the Krayt Tamer" and just yell "DOWN BOY SIT" instead
>>
File: suicide_hook.jpg (13 KB, 450x307) Image search: [Google]
suicide_hook.jpg
13 KB, 450x307
They can emulate the game, but they can't emulate my old friends.

RIP SWG
>>
I don't know shit about the SWGemu and I'm downloading the isos right now. Can I play the game alone without internet connection or did I miss something ?
>>
>>274043132
its an mmo, just a non-corporately run version of it
>>
>>274042963
Your general PvE combat experience is going to be pretty much the same regardless of your class. If you are melee, you spin2win. If you are ranged, you AoE and kite to win. Combat medics add poison/healing into the mix. Squad leader is largely not useful for soloing purposes, and provides a few fairly insignificant buffs to your party.
>>
>>274043132
No anon, you still the the interwebz. It's an MMO. The point of it is to be social with others.
>>
>>274043132
>Can I play the game alone without internet connection

Theres literally no point to that. The best parts of the game were shit like finding player malls, haggling over prices, griefing people in cloning facilities.
>>
>>274037847
;^) SWGemu will ONLY work with legitimate, retail discs of Star Wars Galaxies. ;^)
>>
>swg was fun because its a sandbox
Alright well what can I do?
>anything you want!
Alright but really what can I do?
>...stand around in a cantina waiting for them to add shit to the game.

I can ignore all the dungeons/rsids/battlegrounds in wow and stand around ashenvale or something, doesn't make it a sandbox. It makes it a shit game.

I got a full templated character or two sitting on the emu, its even worse than when the game was live because at least then you couldn't make an alt without buying the game twice.
>>
>>274043603
That's typical of SWGEmu. You come for the nostalgia, grind out a character or two, and you either find another reason to stick around or drop it like so many others.
>>
>>274043548
That's what the official site says well, but we know this is not the truth... . So, no way to just run around alone doing nothing just to see what this game looks like for the sole purpose of testing ?
>>
>>274043603
>implying
Anon I got exactly what I wanted and I'm going out to tame beasts and make my Kwi the best damn motherfucker you've all ever seen
>>
>>274043997
That's half the gameplay right there, dude.
>>
>Space shit isn't added yet
That's a breaker right there, but I'll ask this: Are JEDI's in, in any way? In SWG that was the most mind blowing shit. That if you ever saw a Jedi, you knew you were in the same room with a dope player. And at any time bounty hunters could come in to kick his ass.

Are they in yet, please tell me they are in.
>>
So we getting a guild together or what?
>>
>>274044159
Running around doing nothing ? I guess this is half of the gameplay of most MMO games so...
>>
>>274044383
Nope. And don't expect Jump to Lightspeed any time soon.
>>
>>274044412
Someone would have to buy and place a guild hall, which isn't cheap by newbie standards. I'm going to run some missions to get some dosh back soon. I can probably do it if nobody else bothers in the next day or so.
>>
>>274044124
But then what will you use it on?

>buy muh sandbox

Bitches, it's time to get real. The game wasn't a sandbox, it was horribly unfinished. They didn't even have mounts when the game came out. Now every one knows how to do everything the mystery is gone. Getting Jedi is so easy they won't even turn it on on the emu or else it would be all Jedis
>>
I logged in yesterday. Made my entertainer. Again, just like at launch, I'm probably one of the few people that actually sit there and play it instead of macro'ing. Funny people waited all this time to play a great MMO again and they just end up not-playing it.
>>
Are beast tamers and droid engineers implimented?
>>
>>274044839
>What will I use it own
Nigga I'll join the military and sick that bad boy on the Rebels
and once I get enough faction points I'll start raiding shit with my pets.
Also I will get into teaching languages so people don't get cursed out in that shitty bothan language
>>
>>274045029
Yes, but for DE's there isn't much of a market for anything but medical droids. If you just want to make droids for the hell of it, then go for it.
>>
File: tumblr_m9s06d0Ex31rbrlneo1_400.gif (574 KB, 295x221) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m9s06d0Ex31rbrlneo1_400.gif
574 KB, 295x221
>>274044467
>mfw
>>
>>274044820
I dont mind chiping in, anyone down to restart Virgins Galactic? I can link the steam page or we could just start anew
>>
ded game
>>
>>274045237
I actually ran <vg> last time, so I might as well do it again this time. Fraz here.
>>
I fired uo SWGEMU fairly recently. I didn't really stick with it too much. I only ever played SWG in the beta and liked it quite a bit back then. I should really persevere with it some more, I really quite like the crafting system in it too.

I went back to DAoC again though. I always tend to end up back there again, grinding in some dungeon or screwing around in battlegrounds.
>>
>>274045102
>PvP
>swg
>knockdown simulator
>>
>>274045289
OH FUCK IT'S DEAR LEADER
Darrian here
>>
>>274045428
That can be changed.
>>
>>274045428
>PVP
>NPCS Don't exist
>Implying that's the ONLY way for faction points

Face it m8
I will always find something to do
and that's all it needs to do.
>>
Daily reminder.

https://www.therepopulation.com/
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=205309274
>>
>>274035670

>its been 3 years
>three years
>three FUCKING years

jesus. Life really does move on, even if we don't
>>
>>274042930
Spoonfeed me pl0x
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.