[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Modern open world cRPG? We have a fair few 1st/3rd person aRPGs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: gfs_7107_2_3.jpg (186 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
gfs_7107_2_3.jpg
186 KB, 1024x768
Modern open world cRPG?

We have a fair few 1st/3rd person aRPGs like the elder scrolls, witcher, gothic, risen etc, plus the ones that aren't in the traditional fantasy setting such as Fallout.

But what about the older party system RPGs, baulders gate, icewind dale etc - is there anything out or in production with that isometric/eagle eye view, but with a fully open world, dynamic AI that can make decisions for unpredictability, a bit of sandbox gameplay.

I'd play that.
>>
Were you living under a rock for the last year or so?

Go check out Divinity Original Sin, Wasteland 2, Lords of Xulima, Expeditions Conquistador, Shadowrun Dragonfall...

Keep an eye out for Pillars of Eternity, and Numenera Torment
>>
There have been quite a few. Divinity Original Sin is pretty good, Wastelands 2 is great, I heard good things about Lords of Xulima.
>>
>>273510136
I believe all of those currently out are turn-based combat, I don't mind real-time with the ability to pause but turn based isn't really my thing.

Pillars of Eternity looks beautiful, though I've not read much about the game itself.
>>
>>273510136
>Wasteland 2
Not a CRPG

>Shadowrun
Shitty game and a shitty expack.
>>
>>273510941

How the fuck is Wasteland 2 not a cRPG
>>
>>273510920
Turn Based is a much better system than Real Pause with Combat, and there's a reason why all RPG's nowadays use it. It's because they realized RTWP is fucking shit.

Pillars of Eternity is the exception, and it will suck.
>>
File: am_laughing.jpg (7 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
am_laughing.jpg
7 KB, 184x184
>>273510920
>he wants a real-time cRPG

mate I'm not sure you know what the acronym means
>>
>>273509745
Are there any of those old isometric RPGs that -don't- make you have a party of 3-4 people with you at all times?

I've been trying out Baldur's Gate 2 and Planescape Torment lately but the clumsiness of having an entire party with you and micromanaging each of them is driving me crazy.
>>
>>273511323
Too small time. It's more Fallout Tactics than Fallout.
>>
>>273511463
Fallout 1 and 2, dude. You don't directly control party members if you ever recruit them.
>>
>>273511463
That's what the pause function is for.
>>
>>273511594
And if anything, you could play FO1 and FO2 entirely solo if you want to.
>>
>>273511463
Party based RPGs can be lots of fun, it's just the shitty IE games that make it annoying
>>
>>273511463
Custom made 6 man parties are the fucking best.
>>
>>273511503
Nigga have you even played the game or are you just here to spout bullshit you read on /v/?
>>
>>273510920

>game based on dnd rules
>for some reason gets rid of turns
>good

??????
>>
>>273510136
You forgot about Legend of Grimrock 2.
>>
>>273511956
Temple of Elemental evil was the only D&D game that actually used turn based combat and it was glorious. It's a shame the game was a bug ridden mess and really short.
>>
>>273511463

>not soloing in icewind dale

git gud m8
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.