[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we discuss these three guys? Is everything fair challenge
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 190
Thread images: 12
File: maxresdefault.jpg (45 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
45 KB, 1280x720
Can we discuss these three guys?
Is everything fair challenge in dark souls?
If from made a giant room with tree hundred enemies that you have to kill by running in circle for two hours while slowly throwing daggers against tracking unsynchronized attacks would you do it?
Or was Yatzhee right in saying that this is akin to smashing a wall with your head during the course of a month and then feeling accomplished?
>>
Well it's on optional fight, so there's that.

The cheapest thing in DS2 in my opinion are the piggies in Majula
>>
>>272987286
Only because you just can't hit them. Though, for loot purposes, I believe the crystal lizards to be far worse.
>It's tradition in this series that lizard must be impossible to hit
>Even though this problem disappeared in Dark 1
>Good fucking luck hitting one of them with a rapier
>>
>>272987412
>Only because you just can't hit them.

And they have a lot of health, I can kill a hollow in 3-4 hits but it takes upwards of 20 slashes to kill a piglet? Yeah, fuck you.
>>
File: Phalanx.png (513 KB, 1024x640) Image search: [Google]
Phalanx.png
513 KB, 1024x640
>>272987143
>If from made a giant room with tree hundred enemies that you have to kill by running in circle for two hours while slowly throwing daggers against tracking unsynchronized attacks would you do it?
?
>>
>>272987925
Touché, while we could argue that Phalanx was actually well designed and didn't require any special strategy. There, the slugs are quite slow and the idea is to bring a lot of them to a place, then kill them all by attacking their backs.
Also, you don't have to kill all of them, just enough to expose phalanx's body.
>>
>>272987143
The NPC human enemies in this game are fucking atrocious.
Animation cancelling
Hyper armour on demand
Perfect tracking (most notably on Maldron with his fucking greatlance)
Ten billion health
More damage output than any player can hope to do
Healing
FUCK
>>
>>272988024
A few well thrown firebombs will get rid of most of his "armor"

DS2 has a lot of fights where they just throw multiple enemies at you, instead of just designing generally difficult or interesting encounters.
>>
>>272988356
Imagine if phalanx was in Dark Souls 2.
>Slugs move faster than you and are infinite
>All their spears have more tracking than Amana's spell pre patch
>Instead of dying in a couple of hits they all have massive health pools
>They don't really expose their backs as they turn on themselves too quickly
>It's a fight against your patiente and the durability of your weapon
>>
>>272988173
They're better than the pushovers of the last two games and actually have some character in the dlcs.

Dark souls npcs just died to repeat pancaking
>>
>>272988173
They wanted you to be mad at Maldron.
>>
File: 234567.jpg (95 KB, 556x545) Image search: [Google]
234567.jpg
95 KB, 556x545
>>272988173
>Maldron
Every cuntwagon that has played as Maldron,plays and cosplays as Maldron and will think to play as Maldron in any game ever I'm gonna find them and it will be beautiful and sanguine
>>
>>272988173
Oh and I forgot that they can read your fucking inputs.
>>
>>272989008
Maldron is literally the most perfect example of most pvp players. Using shit tier OP weapons that are buffed to hell, then running away when they start losing.
>>
>>272988173
Fucking Maldron "Rapetrain" the Assassin, man...
>>
How much has Dark Souls II changed since the launch? Is it still an unplayable mess as far as PvP goes?
>>
>>272988173
The animation cancelling,hyper armor and healing are probably the three most bullshit things. Make no mistake the rest are bullshit. But the animation cancelling with infinite stamina is TOTAL bullshit of the highest order. Watch them hit a shield bounce off and then INSTANTLY be in the middle of another attack animation. Its especially obvious with the greatsword users.

But yeah they can heal too using estus. Despite being FUCKING DARK SPIRITS WHICH AREN'T ALLOWED TO USE ESTUS. And the Hyper armor oh boy. They start an attack and nothing in the world will stop them. This combines with the animation cancelling where they will get hit like twice while not defending and suddenly on the third hit poise through it to hit you with an instant attack.

Its lazy design. I like the idea of a gimmick player like enemy but if you are going to do that make them abide by the same rules player dark spirits have to. Otherwise you are just being lazy cunts.
>>
>>272989451
It's much worse due to metagame and dlc weapons.
>>
>>272989451
Miracles were ruined because some fuck at From Soft won't let anything than Sorcery or Hexes be viable for PvE
>>
>>272990523
I hope they nerf sorcery and hexes as well. Bunch of fairies need to learn how to use a fucking sword.
>>
File: 2014-11-23_00002.jpg (255 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
2014-11-23_00002.jpg
255 KB, 1366x768
>/v/ says a boss is the hardest in the game
>it's actually incredibly easy

What's her/his/xir name?
>>
>>272990983
>xir
I'm sorry what?
>>
>>272990872
Why would you want everyone to be melee guy all the time? mainly relying on spellcasting isn't my thing, but more variety in playstyles can't be a bad thing
>>
>>272990983
See, O&S are actually really hard but since they are well designed and for the most part fair (unless you get really unlucky with their AI) you can easily kill them.
This is why people misunderstand, or at least many in the community do.
>Something that always remains hard regardless of how much you practice and learn
Bullshit
>Something that was hard until you learned how to play and then becomes easy
Fair
>>
>>272990983
>beat drake and josh on my first try, don't get why anyone says it's hard
>get stuck on nito for ~30 deaths

what the fuck is wrong with me
>>
>>272987412
>Good fucking luck hitting one of them with a rapier
leaping attack, moron
>>
>>272991085
There's a lot of variety in melee weapons. Hell, even using ranged weapons. Magic is OP as hell and is used a crutch for those who can't play properly.
>>
>>272991187
Oh, I actually never tried using that. Does it track well?
Fuck me, we never stop learning I guess. Thanks for the heads up.
>>
>>272991163
I also got stuck on Nito for a while. My friend killed in first try. I think the difference being I was a dex build and he was a strength build using the Halberd.
>>
>>272991203
>There's a lot of variety in melee weapons.
Three hundred thousands greatswords and ultra greatswords.
>>
>>272991203
magic really isn't that OP unless you invest the souls in the right stats, for which you need to give up on other things. It's more of a glass cannon playstyle, not a crutch
>>
>>272991301
Melee weapons aren't limited to swords dingus.
>>
File: gw.jpg (236 KB, 670x900) Image search: [Google]
gw.jpg
236 KB, 670x900
>>272991058

check your privilege cis scum
>>
>>272990983
>full havels
>black knight halberd
enjoying your crutch?
>>
>>272987143
I think they designed that fight co-op in mind, granted it's easy as shit if you have someone to help you.
But then as a pure melee character it's boring as fuck because you really can't do anything but cheese them
>>
>>272991357
Doesn't matter, the game loves to throw greatswords at you.
And when it's not greatswords it's three hundred thousands consumables which are for the most part useless.
>>
>>272991360
Kill yourself you degenerate cunt.
>>
>>272991365

>hurr you're not allowed to use weapons and armors that the game gives you because that makes the game too easy
>>
>>272991360
don't insult Gwyndolin, he's 100% male
>>
>>272991335
It's a crutch used by scrubs. I did pvp last night, got 5 consecutive duelists using magic spam and dark bead. Two hits from them and they killed me. Please note that I have over 2000 HP.

Ye, it's totally not OP.
>>
>>272991474
Are the serpents actually part of his body or it's just his magic?
Is gwyndolin Matou Zouken?
>>
>>272991247
leaping attacks track hard as hell, and more importantly hit the ground
>>
>>272991530
>a magic-oritented character is gonna spam magic
no shit they're gonna use magic, that's what the build is for. Also it doesn't matter how much HP you have if your magic or dark defense sucks. Sounds like you're sore you can't dodge spells
>>
>>272991335
I haven't PvPed much yet, but there really seems to be a bigger difference in fighting people with or against people using magic when there is some kind of connection lag. I kind of figured early on that even if I won with that, it wasn't going to be satisfying at all. Dunno how out of sync people get yet, but it could get pretty annoying.
>>
>>272991203
Melle is a crutch for people who cant play properly.
If you need to be able to take more than 1 hit to beat the game, chances are you suck.
>>
>>272991638
I can actually dodge spells quite well, but whenever I attempt to get close to them they use that dark magic AOE. Taking into account the fucking shit netcode and lag, magic is fucking bullshit.
>>
>>272989451
>How much has Dark Souls II changed since the launch? Is it still an unplayable mess as far as PvP goes?

Don't you mean Dark Souls I? That's staying an unplayable mess forever, enjoy your poise lagstabbing.
>>
>>272990983
>humanoid knight gank duo
>>
>>272991714
Typical fairy. No skill involved. We'll just spam our magic and one hit kill everything.

It's always funny to see you magic fags summon melee users whenever they can't beat a boss.
>>
>>272991751
any match with lag is gonna be bullshit. getting backtsabbed out of nowhere isn't any less bullshit than taking a spell to the face out of nowhere
>>
>>272991530
>The guy with 2 hp and 9999999 stacked damage is good at doing damage !!!
>NERF NOW

yeah, nah, your shit.
Learn to doge.
>>
Yahtzee is never right

and if you think about it for 5 seconds he's definitely not right this time either
>>
>>272991876
I'd rather get lagstabbed than getting magic spammed or AOE bullshit. There is literally nothing you can do to those idiots.
>>
>>272991850
>Im so bad that instead of learning how to doge i'm going to stack hp and defence yo face-tank everything
>It's skill i tells ya !
>>
>>272991889
I can dodge quite welll. You should learn not to use bullshit spam and AOEs.
>>
>>272991989
How can I possibly do anything against someone one-hit killing me, with added lag?
>>
>>272991107
I gave up on the game because I couldn't beat them on my second play through. I need to beat Ornstein last this time and I'm just clueless on it. The biggest annoyance isn't even them though, it's the hike back to the fight and past all the guards. The only idea I have at this point is to poison them, but I don't even remember if you can do that.
>>
>>272992085
You should learn to stop being bad.
If you can't dodge like what, 2-3 spells before facerolling them the second they run out of stamina, your doing something wrong.
>>
Is the season pass worth it? If yes, I'll buy it when it's 50% off in a few days (hopefully).
>>
>>272992303
The last DLC you mean? Yes, it's the best one and is some of the best content in the game period.
>>
>>272992262
How do I dodge overpowered AOEs?
My problem isn't dodging regular spells. It's when they start using heat seeking dark bead and AOEs. You can't do shit against that.
>>
>>272990983
Yeah, see, most people were level 35-40 when they fought this boss, back when the game wasn't dead and people tried to keep track of their level ranges.
>>
>>272992386

I meant all three, my friend. Good to hear about the quality of the last one.
>>
>>272992180
>he biggest annoyance isn't even them though, it's the hike back to the fight and past all the guards.
The hike to the boss has always been a pain, I'd give you that. But there's an "exploit" that allows you to jump over a ledge on the circular stairway and it has become my standard path to reach them in the case I die. It rarely happens at this point, but never say never.
>>
>>272992386
>Last dlc
>See amazing new armor set (the one of the knights)
>Want to cosplay as them for ng+
>you have to kill the double sabretooth bullshit to make the sword
Why
>>
>>272987925
The thing is that you're given every tool needed to fight the Phalanx as you travel through the level. You're given Firebombs, Black Firebombs AND Turpentine, all of which help speed the battle up dramatically.
>>
>>272988653
>BPs that blatantly cheat
>this is somehow better
>>
>>272992415
>AOEs

Any melee weapon with a good range will beat that, you scrub
>>
>>272992498
Would you mind providing a link to this? I'd be inclined to take a stab at them again if I could have quicker retries.
>>
Can we agree that the biggest problem of the game is the rng of the drops?
I really enjoy the fact everyone drops something. Usually their entire armor set and their weapons. It's really nice.
What I dislike is that I can never, NEVER reliably say "Oh, I'd like to make a run with this weapon and this armor" because not only the drop rate is abysmal but enemies dare to despawn. I know what people say: burn an ascetic. But isn't it bad game design that someone will randomly get awarded what they need while others have to make an entire area jump to the next ng+ cycle in this way?
It's a shame because early game variety in weapons isn't that great and to me it seems like that even the stuff you buy/find in chests is relegated to ng+ after you respec your character. Seems weak.
>>
>>272992438
Yes my bad, for some insane reason I thought you said "last season pass"
>>
>>272992415
For most AOE's they are locked into the animation, throw a firebomb at them and stab the shit out of them during the 500 year recovery animation.
The fire circle doesnt give 100% protection, it's basically 2 pillars of flame that slowly rotate around the caster, you can walk through it when it's not blasting and just rape them.
Same with most other AOE's, you just gotta go balls to the walls instead of waiting for them to regain stamina in between spells.

Hell, the second you see an AOE thats no going to hurt you,estus or throw a bomb/ranged weapon or get ready to charge them.

Worst case scenario, and i mean like absolute fucking worst.
If you even have a medium set of armour on, they need to hit you like 3-6 times depending on the spell.
They have full stacked spells, you need to doge like 6-8 AOE's and like 8 telegraphed spells and then they got nothing.
Literally nothing.
>>
>>272992924
Check any speedrun of Dark Souls 1 and they'll use it, try some of the lobosjr videos. It's immediatly after the archers. Normal path is
>Go past the archers
>Go past the bonfire
>Use the stairway, then do the loop around the rooms in the castle
>End up in the hallway

With the exploit it becomes
>Go past the bonfire
>Start climbing the stair
>Jump down
>You are in the hallway now

Here: http://youtu.be/ImMOdTxtf-s?t=25m36s
>>
>>272992957
Nah
Cheat Engine
Or just abuse saves if on PC
>>
>>272992957
Have you tried farming for drops from enemies that only spawn once per cycle? Yeah, good fucking luck there.
>>
>>272993197
Yes I know but it turns me off having to cheat like that.
>>
>>272992957
It's probably designed to make the game different on each playthrough, so that you use the stuff you find. It doesn't end up working that well though, since you need the stats for stuff AND the materials to upgrade it.
>>
>>272993134
Thanks this should be quite helpful
>>
>>272993331
But you can do this without MMO-tier random drops.
>>
>>272993123
>>272992843
You don't seem to understand that when I am close to them and they use an AOE, it means instant death. There's no rolling away or other bullshit like that. Any ranged weapon like a spear is still in range of me getting fucked by their AOE.

The second I see an AOE, I'm dead. Because there's a hex AOE that stun locks the shit out of you and you can't move.
>>
>>272993473
this ain't Dark Souls 1, there's noe AOE fast like WoTG was in 1, if you can't roll out, it means the spellcaster outwitted you or you suck
>>
>>272993257
Never tried it because I'm not a masochist and I play the game because I like it, not because I want to farm and grind for ten hours.
And people thought that getting a Balder Straight was bad in Dark Souls 1.
>>
>>272990983
Some bosses are harder or easier depending on your build. Also its very level dependent and how prepared you are. You look like you are around SL 60 or 70 if not more which is overleveled. And you are wearing full havels with a black knight Halberd, Ring of FAP and a fucking grass crest shield on your back. Not to mention you the the estus number means you killed Pinwheel already.

You read a guide and geared the fuck up along with overleveling. Try doing that shit blind on launch. Most people fought them at SL 30-40. You should have beaten the game already with that gear and high SL. This was bait and I fell for it.
>>
>>272993575
Oh ye, because lag has nothing to do with it. The fact that lag is on the side of all hex users. Ye, i'm totally bad for not being able to dodge all the odds that are against me. I should check my privilege right?
>>
>>272993662
You DO realise that lag is not a one-sided phenomenon right? You DO realise that if they're lagging on your screen, you're lagging on their screen too, right?
You DO realise that you're a whiny little cunt, right?
>>
>>272992739
>cheat

That's a funny way to spell got gud
>>
>>272992619
You're given a whole game in preparation of the three robbers.
>>
>>272993575
You don't seem to understand how most hexes work. My melee lag is nothing compared to me lagging against their Dead Again spells.

There are hexes that literally become OP with the help of lag.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIguuPFZd4E
>>
>>272993820
>You're given a whole game in preparation of the three robbers.
Arguable, considering the level design the game assumes you are good enough for the area if you managed to kill The Rotten.
Oh wait, it doesn't because they didn't care for shit about good level design since you can just teleport away and return later.
>>
>>272993662
Why dont you just make a full caster and try pvp then.

Ill be waiting to hear about how it's the lag that makes you worse than other casters and melle.
>>
>>272993795
>BPs that can do things that break every single established rule of combat
>do not have to commit fully to their actions because they can roll-cancel out of literally anything
>have absolutely no risk attached to anything they do because they can roll-cancel out of any animation
>can actually read your inputs like AI on higher difficulty levels in fighting games
>are literally only killable because their AI is dumber than From's codemonkeys
>this somehow qualifies as getting good
>>
>>272993852
>muh lag
is that the reason you always lose?
>>
File: pay you to fuck off.jpg (35 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
pay you to fuck off.jpg
35 KB, 500x375
>>272990983
>full havel set
>BKH
>FaP
>grass crest
>probably around lvl 70

The only thing missing is lightning spears / fully upgraded pyro flame
>>
>>272994094
They don't even have to roll cancel out of stuff. They can literally stop animations at will. It just seems like they are roll cancelling because they are dodging one of your attacks after they cancel an animation.
>>
>>272994309
Probably
>>
>>272994020
I won't lose, because I'll make sure to buff the ever living shit out of myself and use 1 hit kill hexes.
>>
>>272994672
>implying you could ever hit anything with climax unless you ambushed them while they were fighting mobs
>>
>>272994712
>climax
Ha! I'll be using Dead Again, twisted barricade, dark storm etc.
You can literally not escape those.
>>
File: 1386308536152.jpg (225 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
1386308536152.jpg
225 KB, 1280x1024
>>272994909
>not being able to escape those
>>
>>272994909
Oh you are in for some nasty surprises.
>>
>>272994909
>Dead Again
You mean the spell that relies on corpses being nearby to work?

>twisted barricade
You mean the spell that works for a whole fucking second, meanwhile the guy who swung at you is still attacking and his next hit WILL deal damage?

>dark storm
You mean the attack with a 3 second wind-up that locks you in place and can be out-ranged simply by backpeddling?

You're really, really fucking bad.
>>
>>272994909
Does ADP just not exist for you?
Or ranged weapons? Get a greatbow and watch people fumble about themselves.
>>
>>272987143
Any fight that's balanced around the idea that you have to summon two phantoms is a dog shit fight.
>>
File: parrying in pvp.gif (1 MB, 390x292) Image search: [Google]
parrying in pvp.gif
1 MB, 390x292
>>272990983
>BKH
>havels
I enjoy beating up children as well.
>>
>>272995235
Which reminds me, are there AI partners available for the fight?
>>
>>272995083
Whoops, I got Twisted Barricade confused with Repel there.
>>
>>272995306
Yep but they do like 3 damage a hit.
>>
>>272995357
Better than nothing, at least they can distract them while you backstab.
>>
>>272995306
>>272995357
They are mostly distraction so you can deal with one of the guys alone. The problem is that with 2 other phantoms, it takes forever to kill the first one. I was going to try taking one of them, although I suspect I would still wind up spending half the fight doing loops through the water tunnels. It's a pretty irritating fight.
>>
I was thinking about doing another playthrough but I don't know what game to play and what kind of character to use.
>>
>>272987143

theyre an optional fight in an area designed for co-op that you can beat anyway consistently if you know what youre doing
>>
>>272995307
>repel
You gotta be trolling now.
>>
>>272995512
>It's optional
I don't understand this argument. Then, considering the entirety of the dlc is technically optional, would that mean that if everything is shit it would be excused?
>>
>>272995563
I referenced Repel's function of blocking melee damage for a second when talking about Twisted Barricade so no, I wasn't trolling. Simply mistaken.
>>
What happened to the DaS1 Steam move? There hasn't been any news since the announcement.
>>
>>272995586

But the argument is not that it's shit (it isn't), but that it is too hard (it isn't). The game provides you with the mechanism to win the battle, it's up to you to git gud.
>>
>>272996206
Apparently they're still busy with the update. Not sure when they're planning on releasing it. Although I heard we'll lose the ability to use the dsfix, which kinda sucks.
>>
>>272996336
You are one of the worst people. You think when someone complains about a fight then it must be because it's hard. No it's just a shitty and tedious fight. I could do it fifty times in a row without a single death. It's not difficult. It's just a long tedious and shitty fight.

This is not a case where the player needs to git gud. This is a case where the Developers need to git gud and create a fight that actually challenges the skills of the player and not their ability to handle tedium.
>>
I actually think that it's the fairer of the 3 optional bosses since the arena is very well designed and gives you the ability to cut them off and attack them one at a time. Also, it was ridiculously easy to run through the slow enemies of that area.
L&Z on the other hand where just bullshit.
>>
>>272996336
>the mechanism to win
You mean running around in circles?
Ye I do love myself some mario cart.
>>
>>272996545

>I could do it fifty times in a row without a single death. It's not difficult. It's just a long tedious and shitty fight.

which is why I don't do this fight on playthroughs anymore, lucky for me its optional
>>
le dark souls 2 is bad is my favorite meme
>>
File: 2014-11-23_00003.jpg (368 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
2014-11-23_00003.jpg
368 KB, 1366x768
Finally did it /v/, I beat my first boss on ds, took me like 6 tries which I think is pretty good considering I do pretty much no damage.

What do I do now? Where do I go? Don't wanna lose my hard earned souls.
>>
>>272996758
No, I like the le edgy meme a lot more.
>>
If I had not bought the season pass I would have stopped playing DaS2 after I beat those cunts.
My autism commands me to finish any Souls game without summons and totally blind.
Those where one of the biggest bullshit I've ever saw in any game, ever. They just do things they should not be able to do and in an already unfair 1vs3 fight. Fuck them.

Btw, just when I tough those guys were the worse shit ever I had to do the last DLC all alone without summons, including the frigid outskirts.
After I beat it I never played DaS2 again.
>>
>>272996821
Have you even challenged yourself to beat Aava it's invisible? Or beating ivory king without collecting all 4 knights?
>>
>>272996821
Who are you to tell what things should an NPC do or not?
Fuck you. Plus this is a co-op fight, the developers said that multiple times, it's supposed to be a 3v3.

The bed of chaos was much worse, and it was mandatory as well.
>>
>>272996775
Try harder samefag
> 2014-11-23_00003.jpg
>>272990983
>2014-11-23_00002.jpg
You are this guy. Notice the numbering on the JPGs. Better luck next time retard.
>>
>>272996985
>Plus this is a co-op fight, the developers said that multiple times
>forcing people to coop a boss
>forcing people to get internet
>forcing people to interact with other people
Literally cancer
>>
>>272987143
>parry
Wow what a fucking pro strat

That's one thing Idont fucking get with people bitching about das2 and its "bullshit" bps.

If they werent bullshit they would be pushovers and everyone would complain about how easy they are. Now that they are bullshit all I hear is about how they rape face because of animation canceling an tracking. I personally love the bps in das2 because while they aren't NPC PvP fights, they act like actual fucking minibosses

I fucking loved ganksquad 3 op and it is my opinion you need to git fucking gud
>>
>>272997256
>Git gud
Nothing is more cancerous than the number of people shouting Git gud after DaS2 came out. You fucking causal scum.
>>
>>272996946
Actually no, and I have no desire to do it tbh.

>>272996985
Are you fucking kidding me? Really?
>>
>>272997547
Git gud was here long before DaS2 came out, everyone spouted it all the time after the giantdad video. Now at least people look down on it.

>>272997097
It's free though, you don't have to buy the DLC to play in that area.

>>272997694
What, the bed of chaos is better?
Also I said that the fight is FAIRER than the other co-op fights, not that it is fair.
>>
>>272996336
>It isn't shit
It's by far the worst and laziest encounter they ever produced in the entirety of the series. The "boss" has no mechanics whatsoever, it's just a room with three dudes ad they fully well know how badly this game works when there are encounters against multiple enemies. They just don't care, here, have your boss, let's spawn three npc, done.
Ironically, even the Ruin Sentinel which are equally as bad at least works well as a boss because it works like a boss should (A first phase through the balcony, then on the ground against two and their AC actually has them taking turns unless you get greedy). The "Boss" here is to run around a column hoping they don't hit you with perfectly synchronized attacks and you will only die because you can't take anymore of such tedium.
>B-but it's o-o-optional!

>>272996571
>the arena is very well designed
A big arena with a circular path on a side, 10/10 from, superior level design.
>>
>>272997256
>If they werent bullshit they would be pushovers
Have you seriously fucking said that a boss to be challenging has to be unfair?
Have you fucking said that?

I fucking love Dark Souls but the community it spawned is the most idiotic and retarded I've ever seen.
>>
Tips for solo'ing Ruin Sentinels with low HP and damage output?
>>
>>272999171
Git ADP
>>
>>272999171
Use items to throw at them. Magic urns and stuff are very effective.
>>
>>272999171
Powerstance maces
>>
>>272998436
>It's by far the worst and laziest encounter they ever produced in the entirety of the series.
Garl Vinland?
>>
>>273000303
The whole fight with Astraea is amazing and memorable and the fight with Garl is only part of the encounter. There was care and dedication in creating something that would stick with the player.
I don't even like Demon's Souls that much but I think I will never forget that fucking cave.
>>
>>273000475
>The whole fight with Astraea is amazing and memorable and the fight with Garl is only part of the encounter.
It's just two shitty NPCs, one that barely attacks and doesn't move, and a shitty player with infinite stamina when guarding. The arena also sucks ass.

>forced to get plagued if you don't want to fight Garl
10/10 level design from
>>
>>273000808
Whatever bnro, if you seriously think that the gank squad and astraea are on the same level then I guess there's not much common ground between us.
Enjoy your pile of shit.
>>
>>272987143
Are you saying these guys are hard? Just hit and run the archer shit first. You are given a large stage for a reason. I had more an issue with Smelter 2.0 than them until I figured out he was magic instead of fire.
>>
>>273002191
>Oh, this guy wants to talk about it being poorly designed, but he must mean they are hard!
They are tedious, the combat takes forever if you can't stun them and you can't really separate havel and the katana dude unless they get stuck on something.
>>
>>273002295
All boss fights in dark souls are tedious, every single one. And both the swordsman and the archer take massive damage from even shitty leveled weapons, what the fuck?
>>
>>272987143
>Or was Yatzhee right in saying that this is akin to smashing a wall with your head during the course of a month and then feeling accomplished?

So by this I can assume he never beat Fume or Alonne?
>>
>>273002440
>Take massive damage from even shitty leveled weapons
My +7 richard's rapier does shit and can't stun even the archer, not even with the stone ring.
Backstabbing them does like 40 damage.
Also
>All boss fights in dark souls are tedious, every single one.
Sure, absolutely. I run in circles around havel and the katana guy for 20 fucking minutes and I just said fuck it and used a homeward bone, this is ridiculous. If you think that having to run around for a hour is good design I really don't know what to say.
>>
>>273002606
>My +7 richard's rapier does shit and can't stun even the archer, not even with the stone ring.

>+7?

Why isn't it +10 out of curiosity? By that time it should be. And if you really are having an issue, use a spear. That, for the most part removes the annoyance of spacing between the guy that bleeds with his sword and the haval armor cunt. He hardest this fight has ever been for me was using a greatsword because of slow swings, so that rapier should be fine.

Honestly, for people having an issue with these three, I really do wish I could somehow sit and beat them for you. Because they've never been a problem for me. The forever it took to beat Fume with my sorcerer has been the only thing I raged about in DaS2.
>>
>>273003067
>By that time it should be
Care to explain to me why? The area is immediatly past the rotten fight which is an easy boss in the 20~ sl range. The whole sanctum city area is easily done with backstabs that deal massive damage, now suddenly all my weapons are not enough for the boss in the area?
>But the dlc are post endgame areas
According to who? Is it my fault if the level design is shit?
>>
>>273003250
>Care to explain to me why?
Because by the time you've gotten yourself down into the gutter, you should have encountered at least one slab through sheer dumb luck at least. The first one you ever get you get with the Chloranthy Ring in the FoFG, and chunks should never be an issue in attaining regardless.
>>
>>272993639
>overleveled

what? you're supposed to rush through the game with shitty stats and unupgraded weapons?
>>
>>273003496
Where can I find chunks? I have never seen one.
>>
>>273003636
1: A chest in the Shaded Woods after the third bonfire (Shaded Ruins - the one just after the fogged area). After fighting the first two lion warriors, move up the ramp and turn around, then jump across the gap to a chest that's easily visible. There's a Petrified dragon bone in the chest, as well.

2: In the Forest of Fallen Giants Cardinal Tower bonfire, In the room to the right just before Pate with the 4 big ballistas pointing at you, below is a chest that will contain x1 Titanite Shard. (NG+ or if Bonfire Ascetic is used there are x3 Titanite Chunks instead).

3: A reward for killing a belltower intruder as a member of the Bell Keepers covenant in either area.

Those are the easiest ones, assuming you are in the Sanctum City early and do not have access to other areas yet.
>>
>>273003963
>if Bonfire Ascetic is used there are x3 Titanite Chunks instead
Thank you.
I suppose I should've waited until I had explored other areas.
>>
File: 369682136.jpg (57 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
369682136.jpg
57 KB, 640x360
>>273003636
>>273003963
Or just murder the fuck out of these guys til you get large shards/chunks
>>
>>273004035
Actually, as far as DLC goes, I would say that Shulva and its connecting areas are the easiest to complete. Quite possible as the hardest thing to do there is navigate, the bosses are the easiest bit. I would never want to go to Brume Tower or Loyce as a low character.
>>
>>273003067
If you're a dex build and having trouble, ditch richard's rapier as your main weapon and use the heide spear instead when you get it. That thing can carry you through the whole game. Or, to a lesser extent, lighting infused spears in general.
>>
>>272999171
Holy Water urns. Watch them fucking melt
>>
>>272999434
Beating shit like a goddamn drum with maces should be the defecto advice given to all solutions in this game.
>>
>>272987412
on every character I make I just pump some levels into 12 str, 2h that big club from bastille and run attack them. Works every time
EXCEPT FOR THAT ONE NIGGER LIZARD IN HUNTSMAN'S COPSE
>>
>>273005505
What about the one in Doors of Pharros?
>>
>>272992583
I still can't kill those tigers. They auto track when they jump. Always catch my ass.
>>
>>273006172
Wait until they get within assfucking range, then roll. I beat them with 6 adp back when I thought ADP was just RES with a mpathetic poise buff.
>>
>>273007567
6ADP on PC, by the way.
>>
File: tumblr_n87u4qABjU1sdz5a7o2_1280.png (109 KB, 634x545) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n87u4qABjU1sdz5a7o2_1280.png
109 KB, 634x545
>>
Are they gonna do a sale on the DLC for ds2?
That shit is expensive
>>
>>273008732
I don't think so, it's only 10 bucks each.
>>
>>273005775
pretty easy if you go back from the next bonfire. He gets stuck on the axe throwing dorf and can't do shit
>>
>>272987143
The point was to mimick a gank squad from online.

At least From lets single player people get the full experience. Same with the invaders in loyce.
>>
>>273007567
Easier said than done. I've solo'd Fume on bonfire intensity 5 but the tigers on 3 with 2 summons keep raping the shit out of me.

I keep getting really close, but an unlucky moment always fucks me over. I know I can do it, but it's all luck and that takes away a lot of the impending joy.
>>
>>273009540
Fume killed me more than those tigers.

You got this bro, dont give up when the last tiger starts regenerating health that means your nearly there.
>>
>>273009540
>summoning for the tigers
>upping the difficulty
The summons are useless, firstoff. Secondly, I don't think you'll be able to get through the second cat's buff. With 2cats, you have to get the first one dead extremely quickly, and then hope to fuck you can bruteforce through the second one's buff and kill him before he can regen.
>>
>>273009971
>Secondly, I don't think you'll be able to get through the second cat's buff

Sure he can, I summoned for it and if you play it safe on the last tiger and only keep his low instead of getting greedy trying to finish hem his health will stop regen eventually.

Better than when Fume buffs himself the second time.
>>
>>273009971
Vengarl is pretty useful. Far more than Abess, simply because he has something like 7 billion hp. Seriously. 10 great heals maybe give him back like 1/6th of his health.

But I won't summon Abess if I can find a human. She can still be useful. She's healed me and sacred oath'd me mid-battle on multiple occasions.
>>
>>273010171
The problem is if he catches you off with that 360 swipe you will be either dead or defenseless for the followup.
>>
>>273010570
Thats why you play it safe.

When you have two on you its MUCH harder than when its the last tiger who tries to regen himself.

I has blindsided so many times, but everythime it was me and him left I got damn close and finally beat him by learning how to dodge through that swipe eventually.

Same with how I beat fume, learn the dance and dodge through what obliterates you.
>>
>>272987143
I did it first try with a +10 Grand Lance, RoB and leo ring with some dark pine resin.
It was easy. Take out the archer. Take out the katana. Kill Hovel d'imposter.
>>
>>273010691
I beat fume by summoning strong fistgirl and letting her tank.
Fume was some bullshit with that attack arc.
>>
>>272995306
You fight two melee specialists and a stunlocker/ ranged launcher.

They give you one melee dude and a mage.
The bosses are near immune to the mage's magic.

Though, if you are lucky, they can gank one of the enemies, while you deal with two. They are good against Varg if they two-on-one him.
>>
>>273010706
>Kill Hovel d'imposter
You dont know that, all we know for sure is that the one in DaS1 was just one of his men.

Im still waiting for the 5 vs 1 havel mob they have in DaS3 leading up to fighting the one tru rock.
>>
>>273010706
I found Hovel D'Imposteur easier to just parry to death while staying behind a pillar and dodging weaboo knight.
>>
>>273010873
>the one tru rock.
Turns out it was literally a rock.

>Go near it
>Prompt to join havel clan pops up
>The cycle continues, and they never run out of dragon teeth
>>
>>273010706
>>273010873
>>273010946
I was on NG+2 and did half of Hovel's HP ion a backstab. Grand Lance is the shit.
>>
>>273010873
>all we know for sure is that the one in DaS1 was just one of his men.
>for sure
But this is wrong. Yes, only his men used the ring, but only Havel himself used the shield and dragon tooth. Maybe he had a ring on him incase he needed to give it to someone.
>>
>>273011147
Uh, you found havels armor in Anor Londo castle if you remember.
Unless Havel just kept hos backup in The Rockcave
>>
>>273011471
No. It was thrown in there because it was shit.
>>
>>273011646
>havels shield
>shit
Sure the dragon tooth is hot buttered ass but that shield is a spear's wetdream.
>>
>>273011754
Until you get guardbroke or backstabbed because shield-stabbers are spatially impaired retards (which is proven by the fact they use that retarded tactic when there's such a risk)
Throw away the shield, get 105 agil and dodge.
>>
>>273011886
Talking about DS1 here, not 2.
In 1 there was no guardbreak, kick took down stamina but you just had to pull back a little to regen it,
Thread replies: 190
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.