[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong, /v/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: HAWKEN_smokeymech3.jpg (1 MB, 1797x1121) Image search: [Google]
HAWKEN_smokeymech3.jpg
1 MB, 1797x1121
What went wrong, /v/?
>>
It was released? I didn't even play it.
>>
>>272903564

They didn't go mech enough. It just feels like an slightly clunkier fps.

They had to make the mech more mechanical, having to manage fuel, maybe have specific damage to specific parts, like you get hit on your main weapon and you can shoot it until the next spawn, having to rely on a side-arm.
>>
>>272903564
No marketing

Same reason the new Sly Cooper failed, no one had any idea they were released
>>
>free to play
>>
freemium
>>
>>272903564
They've reworked progression multiple times, had it in a nice place, and then reverted it back to the old shittier system

They removed most weapon customization early on

The devs have literally abandoned it
>>
I haven't played since the Predator update. What has happened since?
>>
>>272904397
>The devs have literally abandoned it
This, when was the last update?
>>
File: 1408513259379.jpg (119 KB, 800x928) Image search: [Google]
1408513259379.jpg
119 KB, 800x928
Niche demographic.
Poor marketing.
Stagnated developement.
No coherent vision.
Started/treated as some dudes personal art project (or so I've heard).
Unpolished gameplay.
Game mechanic revamp alienated some original audiences.
F2P revamp alienated P2W scrubs.
Revamp in general left people salty.

Personally, I liked the fast pace and I loved the design of the mechs. Too bad the developement completely stopped. Apperantly they ran out of steam, even after the boost in players the game got when it got on Steam.

Shame. Feels like a waste of an interesting 'world'. The mechs look really neat.
>>
>>272903564
Compared to Mech Warrior Online, it doesn't have that mech pilot feel to it. Feels like just another fps with alternative character/class design.
>>
>>272903564
P2W

took them too long to nerf the little one that could repiar
>>
>>272904524
June, for a bugfix patch, and the last dev update said they'd had basically nothing to say but they'd have a real update in a couple weeks. In June.
>>
It was free to play. All sorts of problems are caused by that.
>>
I saw a pve update a while back, was it any good?
>>
>>272904797
that's what i figured
>>
>>272903564
When it launched. I couldn't even play, something weird kept happening where it would reset the internet for my entire house. The only other game that had this phenomena was planetside 2 and I had to disable a specific setting to get it to stop. So yeah, they never patched it, I never got to play it, I stopped caring.
>>
The latest major content update was November 2013. What the hell? During 2013 there were plenty of updates and new mecs that were added. Does anyone know what happened?
>>
>>272905292
rumor is devs are working on a new game and under NDA currently
>>
>>272905347
Why did Hawken get dropped?
>>
File: 1411151104318.jpg (349 KB, 800x876) Image search: [Google]
1411151104318.jpg
349 KB, 800x876
>>272904732
I thought it had a pretty great feeling of mech piloting, just not a Battletech mech. There's a pretty high skill-ceiling in the game thanks to the movement itself. Having to anticipate enemy movement and weapon cool downs when you're strafing around them was pretty intense. If you wanted to go fast, you'd have to learn how to "skate" by strafing and pulling that shit off while low health and an enemy on your ass was just crazy rewarding. Felt really mechy to me, just not battletech lumbering giant mechy.

I'd say the biggest blunder in terms of gameplay were the maps. Many of them were terrible. Fuck that snow map in particular.

The weapons could have been better too. The whole weapon system felt a bit over designed.
>>
>>272905443
The same reason anything gets dropped. It wasn't making enough money.

Frankly, it was a bit of a surprise it got that far.
>>
>>272903564

Its not a mech game with mechs.
>>
It's basically a normal FPS with a mech HUD
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.