[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /v/ did it live up to your expectations? It shattered mine.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38
File: 7493005_sa.jpg;canvasHeight.jpg (47 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
7493005_sa.jpg;canvasHeight.jpg
47 KB, 500x500
So /v/ did it live up to your expectations?

It shattered mine. Thus game is so polished and so much fun.

Only problem is it's a little too slow and floaty

8.5/10
>>
3/10 rehash fighting baby game
>>
too much water
7.8/10
>>
>>272877793
i'm a eurofag so i don't have the game yet.
>>
>>272877793
Crazy Orders is a fun way to kill time, way more fun than grinding Classic/All-Star again.

Marth's Down+B fucking rapes Cruel Melee (I don't remember the new name for it) now. I got 15 KO's on my first time around.

The challenges are repetitive as fuck (beat Classic with Yoshi, Mac, Mario, 20 Crazy Orders as Mario, Greninja, etc)

Sakurai's promise of "Assist Trophies having a big role in All-Star mode" was a lie.

Smash Tour is boring as fuck without other people. Online's been nothing but spammers, but that isn't the game's fault.
>>
>>272878447
Haven't had a chance to play with an amiibo yet (the store didn't have any of the 3 I wanted) but I'm bummed to hear they can't help you in Classic or Events, so now I have to bug the hell out of my friend to come over after work.
>>
>>272878447
>Online's been nothing but spammers, but that isn't the game's fault.
well if the game wasn't slow and floaty it wouldn't promote defensive play now would it
>>
>>272878581
>now would it
You wanna try asking me that again with less attitude there, kiddo?

It's just people that don't know how to play spamming an attack to win For Glory.
>>
How does this compare to brawl? I saw a few video on youtube and it's hard to not look at it as brawl with more character especialy since i saw there is a lot of returning stages
>>
File: peachy.jpg (507 KB, 1520x2688) Image search: [Google]
peachy.jpg
507 KB, 1520x2688
Post your amiibos
>>
>>272877793
Germanfag here, just 4 days left
>>
played for an hour on someone else's wii u.
i didn't play the 3DS version besides the demo so i didn't know they changed sonic's down A and i was mad. asshole friend only played little mac. 8/10 it's okay, would buy if i had a wii u
>>
>>272877793
Same. Doesn't quite hold up as melee in a competitive sense, but for its own merits it's fun as fuck.
>>
>Can't wait to play with friends!
>Literally the only thing you can do with online friends is team and free for all

>Can't do 8 people battles
>Can't 2v2 online with your bro
>Can't do the board game with your bro
>Can't do fucking anything online
>All local shit

Fucking why
God damn. I'm having a bunch of fun but I want to play with friends. Not this boring as fuck generic fighting shit. I want to do the board game and fight online with my friend.

But no.
We have to be in the same room.
>>
>Online 8 player
That would be the biggest lagfest of all time.
But it really ought to be an option.
>>
>>272880840
Well, there is pretty much 0 lag when doing 4 players for me.
>>
So how's everyone's online experience so far? I keep having laggy matches in for fun mode, and i'm too much of a babby to attempt for glory 1v1.
>>
>>272881047
I've won every single match on fun mode. Like, literally have not lost a match.

Half and half on ranked. Depends on the level.
>>
It bugs me that the profiles only save your control settings, and not your preferred character colors. It also bugs me that you can't set a default profile.
>>
>>272881206
I fucking hate that. Have to select the profile every time, and there isn't really a point in doing so.
>>
You guys are such whiney bitches
>>
>Wily's Castle is literally fucking cancer
>Pac Land is shit
>Palutena's is actually worse in 8 player than in a good 1v1

>>>>>but Wrecking Bros. is fucking fantastic
I love this game.
Very anxious to unlock ROB.
Level 46 Peach amiibo is an absolute monster, it leveled super fast because I threw a ~15 person Smash party.
>>
I miss the Story ;_;
>>
>>272881352

They'll probably fix it. MK8 had the same issue and a patch solved it.
>>
9.5/10
Best Smash Bros game so far, and a solid goty.
>>
Its good but I feel I'm glued to the floor with most characters, and the same as doing something quick as soon as you land, I feel like something is wrong with that.

other than that a good mix of melee speed and brawl float
>>
File: 1376884044057.png (596 KB, 1131x1154) Image search: [Google]
1376884044057.png
596 KB, 1131x1154
>no new characters
>>
>>272884207
If you hold down you fast fall into the floor, try just jumping and tapping A or use the c-stick for aerials
>>
this is the next Mario Kart 8.

first few days it's the second coming of christ, then after a week people realize it's actually a boring, shitty installment of the franchise.
>>
File: ssb4release.png (1 KB, 351x19) Image search: [Google]
ssb4release.png
1 KB, 351x19
>>272884179
>>
>>272879085
Four days?
It's released next Friday, m8
>>
Are 8-player fights laggy?
>>
>>272877793
Why do people get controler + adapter instead of just getting the fight pad?
>>
>>272877793
They released a game and no controller adapters so you can't even fucking play it. worst launch since old republic
>>
>>272885338
because it's fully wired, it's familiar, and it's made from a trustworthy manufacturer
>>
>>272885273
I didn't notice any framedrops in 8 player matches. I haven't played 8man smash online tho
>>
I haven't played it, but just based off what I'm seeing, the knockback seems really slow and undynamic. What do you think if you're someone who's played it?
>>
Is there a rip of the soundtrack yet?
>>
Plays more like Brawl than I thought it would. Captain Falcon, my main from Melee, is still shit. New characters are cool, though, I really like Bowser Jr and Little Mac.

The physics, though. I just don't understand what was wrong with Melee's physics. They were fucking perfect if you ask me. It especially hurts for me because Falcon thrives in Melee's fast paced environment.
>>
>>272885536
you can't play 8-man online
>>
File: 1416500592105.gif (485 KB, 272x251) Image search: [Google]
1416500592105.gif
485 KB, 272x251
I'm a casual that needs help beating Little Macs in 1v1s online.

Who's a good pick against him?

I feel like if I let him get a single punch in, he'll chunk me for 50%

I've just been dicking around edges hoping they'll make mistakes due to latency or some shit.
>>
>>272885450
>try best buy
>controllers, no adapters
>try best buy's website
>"in stock"
>add to cart
>only available for store pickup
>literally no stores available within 50 miles
>>
>>272885536
>I haven't played 8man smash online tho

That's because you can't.
>>
>>272885789
Where the fuck do you live? Afghanistan?
>>
>>272884420

Agreed, sadly. Both games you could just see the desperation in the hype, for it to be some kind of masterpiece. It's just ok.
>>
does anyone else notice that when you pause the game to take a snapshot the game feels like the frames drop? Especially when someone is doing an attack.
>>
>>272884016
>I threw a ~15 person Smash party.

That sounds like heaps of fun. I'm not really liked at my college, so it'll just be me and my brother (whom I love tremendously) playing this game.

Still, sounds like a big party would be fun.

It sucks being naturally nervous around people.
>>
>>272885886
more like chiraq
>>
>>272884420
Nah, it's definitely not as bad as Brawl.
>>
>>272885450
>no controller adapters

Europe is drowning in adapters.
>>
My favorite Smash game yet. And i've played the absolute hell out of 64, melee, brawl, 3DS, and Project M
>>
File: bill_cosby_620x480_cemrf.jpg (99 KB, 620x464) Image search: [Google]
bill_cosby_620x480_cemrf.jpg
99 KB, 620x464
>>272880652
>>Can't 2v2 online with your bro
>mfw I do this in PSABR all the time with a bro from australia
>>
>>272885671
>I just don't understand what was wrong with Melee's physics.

They were "too hard" or some stupid shit that retard Sakurai said.
>>
>>272881047
Just a small update, i was worried for glory was gonna be full of amazing tourny fags for some reason. Went 1-1 against a little mac and then went 3-1 against a luigi player. I won 3 in a row then he turned around and used my own main (ike) against me to win, and then leave
>>
>>272886034
joke's on you, you're playing PASBR
>>
>>272886075
It's a good game, though. So the joke is really on you.
>>
Getting a fox amiibo today

It feels so much better if you are using the game pad or pro controller. All the hype since 2013 was worth it.

This is easily my favorite smash game by far.
>>
>>272886045

I just don't get why people say things like this...Melee was the most popular game on the gamecube and the most popular smash game. Clearly casuals LOVED it. Why is there a need to "casualize" it even further with easier physics? It almost seems like they underestimate what the average game player wants.
>>
>>272886219
I just said why. It's because Sakurai is a fucking retard and got extremely lucky with Melee, and has his lucky stars to thank for still being in charge of the series despite completely fucking it up with Brawl.
>>
>>272886219
Even as somebody who looked down upon tourney shit and didn't play Smash super duper competitively, I could tell there was something wrong going from Melee to Brawl.

It's a feel that doesn't have to be scientifically explained.
>>
>>272886219

what i find funny is, if you look at the most popular games of their time period, they are almost always games with very little, if any tutorials or hand holding at all.
>>
I was thinking about ways to get through challenges faster.

Everything is stagnant except for All-Star. It seems in this one there's "locked" all-star and what the challenges call "true all-star", it's not like on 3DS where it got incrementally harder/longer as you unlocked characters but all counted towards the same thing.

What I want to know is, can we swap between the 2 versions or are we stuck with true once everyone is unlocked? If we can't swap I'd want to get everything I can done with easy all-star first.
>>
>>272877793
Is the online laggy?
>>
>Captain Falcon still sucks

Welp, I guess its back to Melee and PM for me...
>>
>>272877793
>slow and floaty
You don't have to be a tourney fag for this to be a deal breaker. I can't understand why they did this to SSB. Remove wavedashing and shit is fine by me, but effectively nerfing every character just drags the gameplay down.
I know this shits been discussed ad nauseam but it always turns into shitposting between tourney fags and people whose first SSB wasn't Melee.
>>
if it didnt take ten years to turn around i honestly think it would be better than melee
>>
>>272880895
is that on wifi?
>>
>>272879559
>changed sonic
>mad

Chris-chan go away.
>>
>>272886630
You don't mind that your character starts swimming through molasses when he jumps into the air?
>>
>>272886527
Not for me. Actually, one match had a few seconds of slow-down at a crucial point, but that's pretty much it.
>>
>>272885754
Maybe go with something like Rosalina or Sonic
>>
How's the online with WIFI?

Also, I'm not sure whether to get a couple of gamecube controllers or more pro controllers. Are the pro controllers good? Leaning towards getting these as I can also use them in MK8...
>>
I just tried the game yesterday. Every single second after the first match I was playing I wished I was playing Melee.
>>
>>272886590
Falcon's pretty good. He doesn't hit like a DYEL little bitch like in Brawl.
>>
>>272886808
Don't know what characters you've been playing
Zamus jumps just fine
(protip: press down in the air)
shame they killed falco though
>>
So nothing carries over from the 3ds version? Time to start the custom move grind all over again, any efficien ways to unlock them?
>>
>>272884420
What are you talking about? I still play Mario Kart 8 because it's fucking fun.
I don't even have the DLC either.
>>
My complaints about the stages:
>No Pokémon Stadium X
>No way to turn off stage bosses
>Pacman stage is fucking ugly and horrible
>Kongo Jungle 64 wasn't updated
>Yoshi's Woolly World stage is pretty but when you zoom in the textures are shit
>Too many "grassy" stages
>Onett returns instead of a new Mother stage
>2 Mario Kart stages instead of 2 F-Zero stages
>Jungle Hijinxs instead of a stage from Tropical Freeze
>>
>>272888058
>no way to turn off stage bosses
omega mode you cunt
>>
I feel like people give the Yellow Devil way too much shit. If anyone comes in and wrecks games (though I don't necessarily mean that in a bad way), it's Ridley.

Played the game at two different friends' houses, and I had a blast. Used 3DS controller occasionally for the lulz. Game is superior to 3DS version for sure, but I'm totally cool with still owning just the 3DS version to play on the go.
>>
>>272888197
Are you retarded? I want to play with the platforms but I don't want to have Yellow Devil and Ridley fucking interrupting the fight all the time.
>>
>>272877793
memegame/10

Didn't even buy it lol
>>
should i get a gc controller, what is it's main advantage over pro controller?

never played smash melee cause i had didn't have gc so i have no experience with that controller.
>>
>>272888517
>:(
>>
File: 1412723329532.png (441 KB, 632x611) Image search: [Google]
1412723329532.png
441 KB, 632x611
>>272887901
I think there's a way to transfer profiles, but I don't know because I don't have a 3DS.

I've been getting a lot of custom moves from just playing classic/all-star/master orders. I get 1 or 2 moves for the character I'm playing as and usually a move for a random character. Just have to run though it a few times.
>>
>>272885926
Don't worry, I like you, anon-kun
>>
>>272888889
sO CLOSE TO GIGA QUINTS
>>
>>272885754
>I've just been dicking around edges hoping they'll make mistakes due to latency or some shit.

Little Mac is not as difficult as the people bitching about it make it seem. Beating him is all about timing. All his moves are killers but he's very punishable, specially after smash attacks. Also, he's got a horrible air game. Practice some edge guarding and meteor smashing with any character you like and you'll be fine.
>>
>>272885754
projectile spam them with (Toon) Link
>>
>>272886948
>How's the online with WIFI?
Just as bad as brawl was
>>
File: 1410589873664.jpg (47 KB, 456x480) Image search: [Google]
1410589873664.jpg
47 KB, 456x480
Nintendo still can't do online properly.

All the good modes are local only, and I have absolutely zero friends that like Smash.

>no online 8 play battles
Thanks disappointment.
>>
>>272892483
>wanting 8 man matches online at a 1.8k latency between you and the 7 BRs
>>
File: 1365879038845.jpg (138 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1365879038845.jpg
138 KB, 720x720
>>272892483

Nintendo consistently shits on anyone without close by real life friends.

Almost all of my friends are hundreds of miles away from me. So much fun shit is inaccessible to us because we don't have the luxury of living nearby.

Nintendo wants multiplayer games to bring people together, but fuck you if your friends aren't your neighbors. You don't deserve to have fun.
>>
>tfw you own a wii u, pre-ordered the game for $50 and sold it for $60 because you want to wait on in-depth analysis of the game and you kinda already know the game is shit compared to Melee
>>
>>272877793
I'm definitely gonna pick up another GameCube controller, they feel amazing.
>>
nintendo will eventually die out because of the no online support. if you think there's going to be less demand for online as we move forward you are really stupid. It takes several years to get online services "right" and nintendo has no experience with it in 20andfucking14.
>>
>>272885754
Game and Watch is good. Throw them up, then juggle them in the air with his Up Air.
>>
>>272893532

The plastic on the new controllers feels so cheap.
>>
8/10

Online character diversity is pretty slim due to the relatively poor balance. Hoping the new patch fixes that, as it's my only real gripe with the game.
>>
>>272893832
You didn't buy one of the ones that's really a classic controller did you?
>>
>>272877793
>Only problem is it's a little too slow and floaty

Srsly.

Having to crank things down to two stock to compensate is ridiculous.
>>
>adapter sold out everywhere
GOD
FUCKING
DAMNIT

0/10 SHIT GAME FUCK YOU
>>
File: 1361592134930.png (31 KB, 170x236) Image search: [Google]
1361592134930.png
31 KB, 170x236
Damn, why are the computers so much fucking harder on here compared to the 3DS ones? Fucking 8 player matches on Classic 9.0 and 10 seconds in, I'm at 80% while everyone else is below 10. And fucking Mii Fighters. Shit, I managed 9.0 or at least 8.5 with at least 5 fighters on 3DS. I haven't even managed it once yet on Wii U, though I've only attempted it like four times so far, given on 3DS, I just jumped in without knowing anything. I know the characters in this game and I still get wrekt
>>
>>272894283
The top tiers don't feel that slow or floaty honestly. It feels like anyone mid tier or lower has these issues though, which is really disappointing.

Characters like Fox, Shiek, Greninja, and ZSS feel great. Others not so much.
>>
File: image.jpg (52 KB, 579x570) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52 KB, 579x570
>>272893385
>mfw me and my friends plan on getting Smash bundles soon
>mfw the shitty online wont preserve smash the way it does locally
Th-thanks Nintendo
>>
I expected them to fix the online. Anything really. Fuck you Nintendo
>>
Wow they already made a sequel to the smash Bros that came out not even 2 months ago? And it has all the same characters as the last one? And it's not a rehash?

>i-it's okay w-when Nintendo d-does it! Heh...
>>
>>272894091

No, I'm talking about the Smash controllers. The buttons and sticks are great, but the plastic makes it feel like a knockoff.

It's not a big deal, though. I understand that it would be impossible to perfectly replicate the original controllers. I'm just saying it has a noticeably different feel when you first pick one up.
>>
>>272894467
I dunno man, I play DK and I have a lot of matches where the first stock can take almost two minutes. I've been looking at other people playing online and it's pretty much the same for everyone. I think it's mostly because every character has ridiculous recovery and it seems like the knockback on KO moves is never anough to actually KO.
>>
>>272877793
I'm fine with floaty because I can quikdrop. I attribute a lot of that feeling to the fact that it's 60fps and almost feels too fluid.
Like play in 60fps, feel the floaty, then watch it at 30fps, not so floaty.

What bothers me is all of the animation lag. HOLY SHIT the animation lag is killing me. Pretty much every move is punishable but the character doesn't react fast enough to punish.
>>
>>272894797
DK is arguably the worst character in the game, which would explain why the games take so long.

His only use is being an almost counterpick to Rosaluma
>>
File: fucking invincible.jpg (42 KB, 280x278) Image search: [Google]
fucking invincible.jpg
42 KB, 280x278
>>272894735
>>
How come games like league of legends can have 10 players in a game ~100 ping but Nintendo still finds ways to make 1v1 in smash rum consistently at 800?
>>
>>272894735
Ever heard of a multiplatform title?
>>
>>272894735
:^)
>I'm merely a theatrical genius!
>>
>>272894787
Oh I was actually making sure because I was considering picking one up. I have my old one and one of those japanese white ones on the way so I think I'm in good shape.
>>
>>272894906
>DK is arguably the worst character in the game
Uh, that would be Meta Knight, no fucking question
>>
>>272895204
>>272894906

No no no.

Megaman is the worst character in this game. Then DK. Then Pikachu.
>>
File: 1396560031850.jpg (72 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1396560031850.jpg
72 KB, 400x400
>Luma eats up everything
>>
>>272878084

:^)
>>
>>272895204
Not anymore. His buff made him viable if you have any sort of skill
>>
>>272895418
What buff?
>>
>>272895316
>Megaman
>Worst
You see this is why you don't listen to /v/ on who's the worst character. I remember you faggots whining about Lil Mac
>>
>>272895204
>>272895316
They're all terrible, does it really matter?

My point was, pick a top tier if you want to have fun playing the character. Anyone mid tier or below don't even feel like they're complete. Half of their movesets don't even make sense.

Why does Ganon still have that atrocious up tilt? Why are MKs hitboxes literally inside of him now?
>>
>>272894380
I'm glad I let Gamestop order me one whenever I picked up my copy of Smash yesterday
>>
File: 1416637732685.jpg (116 KB, 397x529) Image search: [Google]
1416637732685.jpg
116 KB, 397x529
>>272884339
Duck Hunt Dog/Wii Fit Trainer/Pac Man in Brawl and Melee? Oh okay...
>>
It's a little bullshit how much the game rewards defensive player though

I fought this one BJ and all he'd do was roll to the side, shoot cannonballs/mechakoopas and try to hit me with a Smash when I got close

I managed to beat him because I was using Cap but it was still a pain in the ass
>>
It looks really really good and the levels (fucking Skyloft) are awesome. I was impressed, the fighting is pretty standard though... and I agree with what people are saying the jump does feel 'floaty' but the quick descent sort of nullifies that.
>>
>>272895457
Knockback+damage
If you can't land any hits then that's your fault but he can actually kill now
>>
>>272895574
>hit me with a Smash when I got close
So he did the same thing over and over and you fell for it? Must be the games fault
>>
>>272895574
Yeah it really is a game of defense. I don't mind that too much but it basically makes some characters completely useless compared to the ones who can set up a wall of projectiles.

The gameplay is built around group battles with items, so when it's scaled back to just 1v1 it makes no sense.
>>
>Have 7 niggas over yesterday for 8 player smash
>Goes on for 12 hours
That was some good fun.
>>
Not as good as ps4, just buy that.
>>
File: Leorio_card_3.jpg (54 KB, 640x800) Image search: [Google]
Leorio_card_3.jpg
54 KB, 640x800
>>272895707
Kinda hard to deal with that stuff as well as you'd like with lag tying you up man

But whatever, still beat him
>>
>>272895510
>Why does Ganon still have that atrocious up tilt?
FFA bullshitting around
>>
THEY FUCKING NERFED PEACH

FUCK THIS GAME
>>
>>272896048
I'm perfectly fine with having one move just be for shits and giggles or the cool factor, but some of the bottom tiers have entire movesets like that. You're left wondering how half of their moves could even hit someone else.

Shit's bad man.
>>
File: 1384198796929.png (26 KB, 261x347) Image search: [Google]
1384198796929.png
26 KB, 261x347
>>272895852
Nigga I'm planning the same shit about a week from now. I invited 7 people, but on of those dudes decided to invite even more goons to play.

I'm wondering if we should do a casual tournament.
>>
>>272896230
Peach is still leagues above most of the cast though
>>
When will they nerf rolls? I swear you must have a 3 Frame window to punish before they can just roll again.
>>
File: 1415413868508.jpg (58 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
1415413868508.jpg
58 KB, 500x750
>>272877793
It's fun with friends, as to be expected. I went over to my buddy's house yesterday afternoon after picking up the game and we played for like 5 hours straight without eating anything. Even the eight player Smash, which I thought would be way too much of a clusterfuck was fun even while playing with one friend and his amiibo. Great Cave Offensive is a fucking awful stage, though. If it had a boss it would personify everything wrong with Smash 4 stages. I'm finding the Amiibo's cool too, but I'm autistic about things leveling up and becoming stronger, so that's not surprising.

As a competitive game, meh, it's better than Brawl in that aspect but not Melee, as a game to watch people play competitively Melee is still superior.
>>
>Trumpets are gone
>It's garbage
>>
>>272896569
I don't remember it being this difficult to punish rolls on the 3DS version.

Am I the only one who feels like the Wii U version has some input delay? Or is the online just somehow worse than on the 3DS?
>>
>>272896569
Just downsmash. Or in the case of some characters like Ike, Upsmash.
>>
>>272896837
Half the time the down smash misses and they roll through it
>>
>>272896043

>kinda hard to deal with

learn to deal faggot
>>
>>272895204
With smaller blast zones and his tweaks in 1.04 he's mid tier now. Him and Zero Suit Samus really like how easier it is to kill from the top in the Wii U version.

Worst characters in the game are probably Dark Pit and Lucina, which is hilarious because Eventhubs has them in their top 10.
>>
>>272896908
You still have to time it a little, but it's generally the way to punish rolls. It might not always hit, but it will hit a lot with good timing. Even Marth and Lucina's, whose downsmash isn't as easy to punish Rolls with as say, Shulk's, can still be used to punish. The last 3DS game I played on FG I continuously punished a Toon Link who was just using rolling to get from one side of the stage to the other.
>>
>>272877793
Been playing as a causalfag with 4 or more friends on a couch since 64, and I have to say, this game definitely loaded in a crapton of content and already with 12 hours feels like a better package than Brawl did

I don't see myself ever "getting good" like I was with Melee back in college, mostly because the controls seem to still be too loose or floaty and there is a LOT of lag on aerials and dodges (my main Yoshi got buffed, but my god does his air game suck this time around).

Online is gimped still. runs better than Brawl ever did, but options for online play are limited. I'm too old to keep going over friend's houses to play Smash every night -- I want to get online and do 8-player matches or run Smash Tour. Kind of bullshit this isn't a thing.

Hopefully Online Tourneys fix this, because that's one of the best features of Mario Kart 8
>>
>>272897087
The thing is with faster characters like Shiek or Greninja or Sonic their rolls are so fast and so safe that you have to have a perfect connection and split second timing to reliably predict them
>>
>>272896949
>Dark Pit
>bad
He's just average, but in no way worse than Little Mac, Olimar or WFT.
>>
File: 1416581802951.jpg (86 KB, 697x501) Image search: [Google]
1416581802951.jpg
86 KB, 697x501
>>272897382
>I'm too old to keep going over friend's houses to play Smash every night

That's why you were supposed to buy an amiibo, anon.
>>
Netplay is worse on Wii U than it was on the 3DS. How the fuck does that even work?
>>
Is there going to be a Project M of 4U?
>>
>>272888058
>Too much grass 7.5/10
>>
>>272877793
Awesome gameplay, great music, and everything is super polished, but the Single Player modes suck balls compared to Brawl and Melee, and any game that requires me to have to play with other people to really enjoy myself just feels lame.
I'd say 8.5 is fair, maybe 9 if you stretch it enough.
>>
I think I may have ruined myself on the 3DS version.

I can't space worth a fucking goddamn and the GCN controller feels so goddamn alien after two months on the 3DS. Additionally, I love the ability to do up to 8 people but some of the stages they included for that mode are insane (fucking Castle Siege and Yoshi's Island especially) and I'm having a much harder time keeping track of my character.

Still, I'm enjoying myself. It's Smash Bros., I got Mega Man, and Master/Crazy Orders and Smash Tour are fun. RIP Adventure Mode, though, never thought I'd miss SSE.
>>
>>272897685
Dark Pit is fucking awful. Little Mac has a lot of flaws, but he's better than Dark Pit, are you kidding me? Mac's ground game is phenomenal. You have a point with Olimar, and he's bottom 10 as well easily, I think WFT might be being slept on a little bit.

Dark Pit is a clone of Pit, who's a mediocre character himself. Pit struggles to kill people in this game already, Dark Pit actually has even MORE trouble.
>>
>>272888058
>>Jungle Hijinxs instead of a stage from Tropical Freeze

I didn't mind so much because it's way more than I expected from Sakurai for a DK stage considering his treatment of the series. The two plane thing is cool and suits the Returns series. Was a good idea.

Although my ideal stage for DK is still Gangplank Galleon with K Rool stage boss.
>>
>>272898089
Point me to a tier list where he's D or worse.
>>
File: 630x.jpg (7 KB, 124x130) Image search: [Google]
630x.jpg
7 KB, 124x130
Why the fuck haven't I seen a single CD in the 10 hours of Smash I've played?

Should I just make a CD factory? Are you still able to?
>>
>>272877793

I know this has been beaten to death, but the character roster still seems short sighted. I know, "cry more faggot" and "ridleyfag tears," whatever.

But seriously, while I'm happy and actually wanted Pac-Man or Palutena and those types, does anybody else feel like they really scraped the bottom of the barrel this time around?

Maybe in Japan they give a shit about having Lucina or Dark Pit, but it just sucks that a lot more interesting options were overlooked. I think at least a handful of Assist Trophies would've made fun and recognizable characters. Not that I wanted them, but don't you think playable Midna would've made more sense (and gotten more casual/press attention) then Shulk? Characters like that are instantly acknowledged and loved by the wider fanbase beyond just fanboys -- from a marketing standpoint, it would've made a hell of a lot more sense. I think a few others (Mewtwo as a default comes to mind) would've done well replacing others too.
>>
>>272898394
cont...

And, finally, why do we need identical rosters? There isn't even crossplay. Cutting the Ice Climbers, Lucas, Wolf...c'mon, Hackurai. Regardless of all the negative antihype and everything that came about after it was revealed they weren't coming back, the REASONS why Sakurai had them cut are more aggravating than their loss. He wanted parity between the 3DS and Wii U rosters? The programming of transformations and double characters was too tough on the handheld? Tough shit! The Wii U version was the "master edition" anyway. Just say "fuck you" to the 3DS only players and have this kind of stuff be an incentive for the Wii U one. I've talked to a LOT of people who don't see the point in the Wii U version if the 3DS one exists; make it worthwhile to get the "big brother." There was not the right kind of effort put into driving home that the Wii U was going to be the definitive version, and the roster equality is just the tip of the iceberg.
>>
File: 1406003489854.jpg (8 KB, 251x200) Image search: [Google]
1406003489854.jpg
8 KB, 251x200
I honestly don't understand why people say Smash 4 is floaty or slow.
It's quite fast paced and its not very floaty unless you play as Lucario and Pac Man or someting
>>
>>272898293
From my experience, no.

Stage Builder is somehow even shittier in this game. Definitely an afterthought. Like they realized halfway through development "wait, are people going to miss this?"

Freedrawing is fun, but we lost a lot of the stage elements like ladders, spikes, and conveyor belts. Definite downgrade.
>>
It definitely feels too floaty. Like, I barely feel a difference when I pick up rabbit ears...anyone else know what I mean?
>>
>>272877793

To slow and laggy. It's too difficult to combo, and finish people off. It's pretty much Brawl 2.0; Sakurai tried to rebalance Smah and nothing cmes together well.

7.0/10
>>
>>272898293
Do Master/Crazy orders.
They pop up as rewards fairly often.
>>
File: 1415262422015.jpg (93 KB, 736x727) Image search: [Google]
1415262422015.jpg
93 KB, 736x727
>>272898292
Do you not have a mind of your own, or something? You just go entirely off of tier lists? I just gave reasons why Dark Pit is bad, you're supposed to dispute those and tell me why he's good/average.

Using a tier list this early is stupid anyways, the meta is still way too young, and going by your logic Lucina is actually a top 10 character because she's 7th and better than Marth on the Eventhubs tier list. In reality she isn't any of those things, because I use her and I love her but I know she's a mediocre character at best and of course worse than Marth.
>>
>>272898642
No.
Its not even floaty really.
Compared to Melee its floatier.
But so what.
It needs to be for the type of style it has now. Its not as floaty as fucking Brawl and over all the combat it well done
>>
>>272898293
Is there even a list of unlockable songs? All I need is Xenoblade's music, so I don't really feel motivated to try and make a factory.
>>272898597
Beg for a free DLC update? Would that work? Like, I probably won't even bother making a stage if it's that shitty now. Well okay maybe one or 2 64 stages.
>>
File: 1406339523346.jpg (42 KB, 300x263) Image search: [Google]
1406339523346.jpg
42 KB, 300x263
>>272898702
>This bait
Hilarious.
>Too hard to combo
So in other words you're a scrub so you don't like the game
>Lag
Haven't experienced any frame drops anywhere or much lag online even
>>
>>272888653
If you used the C stick to do quick smashes, then get a gamecube controller. If not, you might as well get a pro controller since its wireless with a built-in battery.
>>
>>272885898
Yeah, that's really weird

Only happens sometimes, too
>>
>>272898394
I have a small issue with the roster as well, but it's not because of the new additions. I don't really mind them all too much, even the "clones". It's mostly the roster cuts that get to me a little.

The fact that the roster won't be as large as it could be doesn't sit well with me all that much. I don't think it's right to add characters only to "advertise" rather than to represent like they did with Roy in Melee. It would suck to see the recent newcomers get benched just because they were only used to "advertise" their respective game.
>>
>>272896043

Were you playing as toon link/shulk too? I think you fought against me
>>
>>272898870
>So in other words you're a scrub so you don't like the game

He's right, though. There are very little true combos in this game because it's too floaty and fighters go too far away from each other to follow anything up.
>>
>>272898870

>So in other words you're a scrub so you don't like the game

It has more to do with knock back and vectoring preventing combos, unlike PM, 64 and Melee. In Sakurai making people knock way the fuck back in early percentages,the ability to juggle and combo is comprimised.

Vectoring also makes matches take fucking forever, unless you kill everyone the same way through gimping.

>Haven't experienced any frame drops anywhere or much lag online even

This is where your ignorance shows. This is fucking landing and animation lag on nearly everything. Everyone, bar a few characters feels like they're moving through butter.
>>
>>272898901
what does the right stick do on pro controller?
>>
File: 1264563843645.jpg (7 KB, 220x220) Image search: [Google]
1264563843645.jpg
7 KB, 220x220
>Get final smash
>People just run from you until it expires.

Love fighting pussies.
>>
>>272894867
>>I'm fine with floaty because I can quikdrop. I attribute a lot of that feeling to the fact that it's 60fps and almost feels too fluid.
>Like play in 60fps, feel the floaty, then watch it at 30fps, not so floaty.

What...? Every game in the fucking series is 60fps, dude.
>>
>>272878447
>Online's been nothing but spammers, but that isn't the game's fault.
What about making every stage FD with no approach options and having tons of characters whose moveset rewards camping ISNT the games fault?

If camping was viable in melee people would have done in then
>>
File: 1362788645142.gif (2 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1362788645142.gif
2 MB, 400x225
>>272886948
I would go for more pro controllers because you can probably get people to bring their own GameCube controllers for Kerfuffle parties and the pro ones can be used for a lot more Wiiwoo games. The only downside is pro controllers are a bit more expensive. Other than that I personally have no qualms with either controller for Smash.
>>
>>272899423
I dunno, haven't tried it. Probably the same thing? But the stick is below the buttons on the gamecube controller, so most people are used to that.
>>
>>272885754
Learn how to shield
>>
>>272899127
I have a pretty good feeling that most of the newcomer choices were for advertising/marketing purposes.

Xenoblade is the new big franchise that Nintendo's pushing, Kid Icarus Uprising is a million seller/top title for 3DS but they still nee to move units, Zelda and Star Fox are "dead" franchises for casuals, Mario has blown UP for casuals, etc. etc.

It's a real damn shame too, because once again there are a million amazing ideas and (with the exception of PSABR) other companies with crossover games like this never really seem to be held back by marketing trends. I mean, they had Shenmue shit in Sega All Stars Racing and Capcom keeps pulling out retro greats for their titles.

I'm going to sound like an autist and I don't care. I really wish Nintendo was more respectful of their history and massive wealth of IPs. They've just been so focused on trying to catch lightning in a bottle again and it shows so fucking much in this newest Smash game. They will never get the Wii again. Give it up. You have your fanboys, but you will never get back the casual market.
>>
>>272885886
Best buy have been closing stores all over the country for the major part of this decade if you haven't noticed

There's only 2 left in my state now, both of them are nowhere near me
>>
>>272899428
>64
>get Star/Hammer
>People just run from you until it expires
>>
>>272886034
>liking shit
>>
>>272886034
Fuck off nigger rapist
>>
>>272899783
Never had that happen in 64. You played with people sitting next to you instead of over the internet, so they seldom played like faggots.
>>
>>272899878
>people trying to stay alive are faggots
You're fucking stupid.
>>
>>272899878
Yeah man everyone would always run straight at me when I had the hammer and try to KO me when I had the star.
>>
>>272877793
One of the things I've been noticing that bugs me is just how frustrating some of the Event Mode challenges and difficulty settings have been.

I used to be ace with Intense Classic Mode for Brawl/Melee, but I'm such a scrub at 9.0 it's not even funny. And half of these Event Mode challenges have made me throw my controller in frustration. The one where I had to destroy the building on Hard or kill 10 Ducks while fighting two Falcos were just utterly retarded. And the one where you have restore Kirby's health to full on Hard while in Great Cave Offensive with SIX Dededes chasing you and the only food items that spawn are 3% healers, all needing to be done within a minute? FUCK that shit.
>>
ITT: Shitters blaming Nintendo for their fucking piss poor third world ISP transfer rates. Fuck off.

I have had literally 0 lag on my end and with those who don't have welfare internet. You can always tell who's on a bad connection when the game starts to lag.

If it CONSTANTLY lags, it's you.
>>
>>272899795
>Watching news about this
>They said they invited the woman making that claim onto the show, but she refused unless she gets paid

Yuuuuuuuuuup. Women trying to destroy and a man for some cash. What else is new
>>
File: THEBEST THEBEST THEBEST.jpg (15 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
THEBEST THEBEST THEBEST.jpg
15 KB, 320x240
>>272885754
>mfw I play Mac and juggle people in the air
Never lost a match online yet. All these niggas posting tips to fight little mac only help me avoid doing that shit.
>>
>>272899986
>I can't stay alive unless I play like a pussy

Sounds like you need to git gud.
>>
File: 1412834861815.jpg (50 KB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
1412834861815.jpg
50 KB, 400x240
>>272886034
Who cares if you can only talk to your partner after the match anyway.
The local 2 player to wifi teams mode is a lot better, because you can make strategy on the fly and holy shit is it fun to have your buddy grab and then rest whoever is being grabbed.
>>
File: 3929932100[1].png (31 KB, 300x135) Image search: [Google]
3929932100[1].png
31 KB, 300x135
>>272900034
Most games I've been in have been laggy. It's my because of my internet.
>>
>>272900028
I think they're designed to do it with friends. I don't know if it changes for single player but there was one event I did with my friend where you had to kill all the other females in the game(aside from Lucina who wasn't in that specific one because she's an unlock) while protecting Peach, even though you can still hit Peach as she's a normal fighter.

So it's like a 7 on 2 fight with me and my friend, that's already ridiculous enough, how the FUCK do you do that with one person?
>>
>>272900028
>why isn't this game easy enough to make me feel good about my shitty skills!

Git gud fatgot
>>
>>272898780
How am I supposed to be using Marth in this one anyway?
Or is the answer that I shouldn't be using Marth?
>>
>>272887714
>killed Falco

I hope you're not talking about his jump. His jump is 2big4me. press it once for a short hop, press it twice to launch yourself off the top of the screen
>>
>>272900271
It is you. 3.12 is horrible.
>>
>>272900271
>It's my
Meant to say it's not.
>>
>>272900393
It's a lot more than what is needed for something like this.
>>
Is there less lag in online matches than the 3ds version?

Thats what will make or break it for me.

I have no one to play with locally so my only chance to git gud is with online
>>
>>272900374
Same as you used him in previous games, it's just more difficult now because his range is shorter. If you're specifically looking to play one of the better characters in the game, then no, you shouldn't be using Marth because in Smash 4 he's probably going to end up around mid tier, he's an average fighter in this one.
>>
>>272900374
I'm not a tourneyfag but here's how I;ve been playing him. Marth's ground combo game is kind of weak with his two neutral A's so it's kind of easier to approach from the air. I usually shorthop and down A to enter, the hitstun lasts long enough to land safely and maybe forward B combo them. If it sends them flying, chase and either up A or side A. Play good spacing and you can get some decent tippers from the right stick. Right stick smash attacks come out infinitely faster than manually doing the smash.

If you'd like, we can train together. I can show you some stuff.

Add me if ya like.
>>
File: CantStopTheGroose.jpg (10 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
CantStopTheGroose.jpg
10 KB, 250x250
I'm still hoping for the day main man getting in as a DLC character.
>>
>>272900681
>Groose
>Ever
Zant has more chance than Groose ever does.And I'll be there with my debit card ready if it ever happens.
>>
>>272900526
It feels like there's more lag on the Wii U version in terms of input delay.

Won't know until someone tests it.
>>
>>272900863
What controller are you using?
>>
>>272898702
>for wii u is faster than for 3ds, which is already faster than brawl
>BAW IT'S STILL TOO SLOW
>>
Its super half assed, I'd rather play any of the other games

So yes, it did
>>
>>272898780
He has good combo potential, his side B is great for gimping, unlike Pit's, and punishing and most of his moves don't have endlag. His dash attack doesn't put him in a disadvantage and he can reflect projectiles. His arrows are kind of shitty but they can get over Link's shield and hit him.
>>
>>272900986
GC with adapter

I suspect the input delay might be from the adapter itself
>>
>>272878980
have you cum on your amiibo yet
>>
>>272877793
Why exactly is it so floaty? I don't remember it being this bad. Samus must be a feather's weight or something. It's also annoying how the computer mad rushes you right as the screen says "GO!" when you obviously can't see.
>>
>>272901063
Why?
>>
>>272901123
I get some input lag from the tablet controller too but I think that's normal.
>>
>>272901025
Right.
>>
>>272901292
If that's the case, I don't understand why it'd be so much more pronounced than the 3ds version.
>>
>>272901025
Your dick is three inches, which is longer than two inches, which is already longer than one inch.

And it's still too small.
>>
>>272901113
>He has good combo potential,
How is this different than Pit?

>his side B is great for gimping,
I don't really see how.

>unlike Pit's
Pit's is better for killing outright, which is something Pit needs, he doesn't need more gimping tool's, he's already good at it. Pit needs something BESIDES gimping to kill someone, because while it is beneficial to be good at that kind of thing, it's bad if that's almost your only way of actually killing someone. This is why Pit's Side B is considered better, Dark Pit's Side B isn't killing anyone until way way later in the game.

>and punishing and most of his moves don't have endlag

> His dash attack doesn't put him in a disadvantage and he can reflect projectiles.

Pit isn't a great character himself, probably lower C tier and Dark Pit is worse than he is. Therefore he sits in the bottom 10.
>>
File: 1405351528607.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1405351528607.gif
1 MB, 320x240
>>272901518
>>
>>272901719
>I don't really see how.
Because it actually launches them in an horizontal angle?
>Pit in need of killing power
Okay now you're trolling, Pit's and by extension Dark Pit's Smashes are fenomenal, they're great tools.
>>
>>272901995
> Pit's and by extension Dark Pit's Smashes are fenomenal, they're great tools.

No, they're really not.
>>
>over 1500 matches online in 3DS

>people who just picked up SmashU yesterday bragging about how they always win online

You're all greenhorns.
>>
Why isn't there a story mode?
>>
What's the fastest way to unlock custom moves without a 3ds?
>>
>>272902063
>multihit
>can kill at 70% percentages
>>
What's the best way to deal with Rosalina?
>>
>>272902496
Because SSE was gay
>>
>>272902517
Play aggressively, jump over the luma and attack her directly. Always be in her face.
>>
File: 5yEKK1c.jpg (15 KB, 283x424) Image search: [Google]
5yEKK1c.jpg
15 KB, 283x424
>>272902363
>3DS
>>
File: file.jpg (65 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
65 KB, 600x400
I think it's great but it's frustrating as fuck that you can't universally change the controls. Selecting that specific name every time is annoying and sometimes I forget
>>
Its great, but the weird decision making from smash 3ds is still in wii u. Most of those familiar stages are either boring or unneeded because they have improved counterparts (skyworld, mario circut). They should have included better familiar stages. Also, no adventure mode ;_;

Besides that it's fantastic!
>>
>>272899758
You're not an autist for wanting more from Nintendo's franchises. Not even speaking of Smash, I just want to see more of their existing characters in some form.
>>
>>272902496
Because we did that once already and it turned out to be a super, super shitty Kirby Superstar clone with a parody of Kingdom Hearts for a plot

Fuck SSE
>>
>>272902887
It was more interesting way to unlock characters than "Play 100 matches"
>>
>>272902685
It's even worse with Trophy, Rush and the special orders since playing it costs coins. I still try when that happens so it's not a total waste, but the default controls are so bad that I usually fuck it up.
>>
>>272902512
by using a 3ds

Uh try smash tour. It looks loaded with unlockables.
>>
>>272901178
Samus has been floatier than other characters in vvery Smash game. Fucking space suit and shit, man. Ness is the same.
>>
>>272902512
Hoiw does using a 3DS unlock customs? I thought you could only transfer specific builds
>>
File: YaMissed.jpg (240 KB, 665x500) Image search: [Google]
YaMissed.jpg
240 KB, 665x500
this legitimately does not look funner to me than smash 4, and melee was my first smash mind you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VwGAk_hbFc

Is there a problem with that?
>>
>>272902982
That shit is so tedious. Why would I go through that when I can do it the normal way? Especially in this one. You can probably unlock everyone in about an hour.
>>
Did Nintendo really release the same game twice and release the wii u version in a bundle that was $100, making $140 off of one game from all these blind fanboys?

>These guys are the guys bashing Collector's Edition Call of Duty bundle
>S-smash bros is much less casual!

Stay classy Nintendyearolds
>>
>>272899148
I may have done Shulk but I don't think I went Toon Link
>>
>>272877793
I hate the gameplay the same way I hated brawls
>>
>>272903176
I don't like Melee that much either. Sure, the competitive scene does some whack stuff with it, but for me, it just feels really clunky to play. And everyone suicide kills constantly because recovery is brutally difficult while the blast zones are right next to the stages.
>>
>>272903225
>falling off the stage 100 times isn't tedious
>>
>>272903254
>buying the 3DS version
>>
>>272903226
We are talking about a game that has actually been made and released here.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.