[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"You can't criticize the developers' 'artistic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: Art_controversy_04.jpg (347 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Art_controversy_04.jpg
347 KB, 800x600
>Halo 2's ending
>Mass Effect 3's ending
>Bioshock Infinite's ending
>FFXII's battle system
>FFXIII's hallways
>FFXV's boy band
>Everything about Kingdom Hearts
>Wind Waker's graphics
>SMSunshine's gameplay
>Gone Home's gameplay
>Depression Quest's gameplay
>Heavy Rain's gameplay
>Civ 4's gameplay
>Diablo 3's colors
>Cole McGrath's hair

Just off the top of my head. I'm sure there's more.
>>
what's wrong with civ4 gameplay
>>
The only one I can speak for was Halo 2's ending, theres plenty of interview footage showing that Halo 2 was not the full artistic vision, they ran out of time

thread invalidated
>>
>>272098442
>>Wind Waker's graphics
>>SMSunshine's gameplay
Nintendo has done PLENTY of fucking retarded shit, like Paper Mario: Sticker Star, the nonsensical repetition of Twilight Princess' first half or all of Skyward Sword, hell even Wind Waker is pretty middling during that fucking awful Triforce Hunt.
I'm not saying it's okay when Nintendo does it.

But,
Those two points are fucking stupid.
>>
What is the purpose of this thread?
>>
>>272098442
>SMSunshine's gameplay
wait, what's wrong with it?
>>
>FFXII's battle system
>Wind Waker's graphics
>SMSunshine's gameplay
>Civ 4's gameplay
>Diablo 3's colors

It's like you purposely look for things to be miserable about.
>>
>>272098442
There is a difference between criticizing it and demand them to change the way they want to make the game, they have the freedom to do whatever they want but at the cost of any and all criticism that goes with it.

Also half of those things are perfectly okay.
>Depression Quest
Oh this was bait...
>>
>>272098508
>>272098515
>>272098593
>>272098627
>>272098635
>>272098724
>>272098727
You can't criticize OPs autistic vision!
>>
>can't speak, didn't play much
>not complaining about 2
>development hell, not complaining about whole game
>development hell, too many directors
>can't speak, never played
>empty world is troubling me a bit more
>can't say, only played bbs and gameplay was nice
>complaining about wind waker graphics out of all the things
What's wrong with gameplay in sunsine?
>gone home/depression quest
>not knowing what to expect after fahrenheit
>complaining about civ 4 gameplay
>complaining about colour out of all the flaws
>who
>>
>>272098442
There are skeletons in diablo 3?
>>
File: 1409131736475.png (132 KB, 168x200) Image search: [Google]
1409131736475.png
132 KB, 168x200
>>272098893
>>
>>272098508
>>272098593
>Being this new

>>272098515
I doubt it, seeing as they put out a novelization of the events between 2 and 3. That's something they had to have planned.
>>
Halo 2 had a massive ending planned for it. So the "developer" had a vision but microshit fucked it up. So it wasnt a developer artistic vision in the end anyway. Faggot. Same applies to many other ones
>>
>>272098727
>There is a difference between criticizing it and demand them to change the way they want to make the game
I can't think of a single game on that list where the criticisms didn't come with a desire to see the things criticized changed. And for at least 3 of them, they actually did go back and change it.
>>
What in the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>272098442
You can criticize it all you like, as long as you don't demand that they change it.
>>
File: Art_controversy_01.jpg (1 MB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Art_controversy_01.jpg
1 MB, 1600x1200
>>272099512
>OP pic is literally a demand for change
Pls
>>
>>272099828
Aren't there shader injectors that make it look like that?
>>
>Depression Quest
>Gameplay

kek
>>
>>272100126
>TFW the point
>>
>>272100035
Sure, but this shit all happened before the game even came out.
>>
>>272098442
I don't get why everyone has a problem with FFXIII being linear. I still enjoyed it.
>>
>>272099828
looks cleaner and has easy readibility on the left
>>
>>272102430
something something people hate majora's mask for the 3 day cycle becasue they have no time management skills
>>
>>272098442
You can criticize a poorly made commercial product that you paid for, though. Especially when they fail to deliver on their promises.
>>
>>272098442
You should look up halo 2s development hell just for an insight how fucked up their job is during crunch time. Working 16 hours just to meet a deadline, no wonder the ending sucks. I can't imagine biowares crunch time since ea was probably worse and they forced them to put a tacked on MP on the game.
>>
>>272099828
Left is better
>>
>>272104894
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/threads/305260-Bungie-recalls-quot-brutal-quot-Halo-2-crunch

Imagine working a job like that. Microsoft basically made them work 7 days a week and it wasn't still enough time. Halo 2s ending is forgiven I think because halo 2 had the monumental task of basically creating xbox live, it created the entire matchmaking system, it was the first game to ever do it, it took them ages to get that finetuned, nevermind the campaign and other shit.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.