[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Maybe if I post a thread about Project M v. 3.5, there won't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 19
File: image.jpg (42 KB, 750x260) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42 KB, 750x260
Maybe if I post a thread about Project M v. 3.5, there won't be shitposters and we can all enjoy Smash as a series that can be fun for both the casual and competitive environments.
>>
>>271613161
>competitititititve party game
>>
>>271613161
>caring about the gameplay of a party game
'sup project austisM
>>
FUCK YOU! I HAVE TO PUT THIS GAME IN A PARTICULAR GENRE OR ELSE I CAN'T PLAY THE GAME
>>
File: i do not comprehend.jpg (20 KB, 500x346) Image search: [Google]
i do not comprehend.jpg
20 KB, 500x346
I don't understand, why do people constantly shit on Smash 4 and Project M? Why not just like both?
>>
>>271613231

Anything can be competitive, anon
>>
>>271613161
Nope, there's a shitload of people here who don't give a fuck about smash or the game but will mindlessly shitpost about it. But the same could be said for every game and every thread here.

N64 remakes look good, dreamland 64 was a fucking eyesore and nobody made a good updated skin for it on any modding site. They're probably gonna do new characters next update which should be fun.
>>
>>271613471
One guy makes bait and throws it into the cesspool and a bunch of angry, smelly fish try to latch onto it at once.
>>
>>271613161
There's a lot of content being added to 3.5 for the sake of "casual" play. All-Star Versus Mode, SSA, apparently 5 different Stamina modes, and just a lot of content that anyone can enjoy, like character skins and stage reskins.

Hopefully, this will make PM stand out as its own enjoyable Smash as opposed to "just a better-made version of Brawl"
>>
>>271613471
Because, neo-/v/.
>>
>>271613471
Get your reasonable views out of this thread, fuccboi
>>
>>271613471
Why do you have to like both? Since when was /v/ full of pussies afraid of offending people with their opinions. Fuck you, what I like is better than the piece of shit that you like.
>>
Fuckin stupid autists that canĀ“t stop playing the MOD, yeah you are hearing right, THE MOD of a game from more than 10 years ago.

This is the epitome of manchild tryhards.
>>
>>271613772
you should seek help for your mental issues you know
>>
>>271613772
>implying OP isn't a meta-shitposter making this thread for just that
>>
>>271613772
That's not the problem. The problem is people who come into a thread about one game in the series just to shit on it and say the other is better.
>>
File: 1302798359532.jpg (160 KB, 422x422) Image search: [Google]
1302798359532.jpg
160 KB, 422x422
I love the situation the smash community is in right now.
The melee/PM faction shat so hard on brawl that the smash 4 is retroactively rejecting anything melee/PM and shitting on melee/PM fans and running a giant smear campaign against them.
They want the melee/PM scene to die because they're so fed up with them.
I love the scism, i love how years upon years of abuse is coming back full force to bite everyone right in the ass.
I'm going to enjoy every second of this never ending shitstorm.
/v/ doesn't matter, this is just a very small portion of the battlefields and the opinions of posters here aren't valued by anyone, so you can support anything you like and shitpost anything you like, it doesn't really matter.
The bulk of the battle is currently taking place on smash boards, reddit, twitter, and facebook.
"Settle it in smash" indeed, hahahaha.
>>
File: THE RIDE NEVER ENDS.jpg (231 KB, 863x752) Image search: [Google]
THE RIDE NEVER ENDS.jpg
231 KB, 863x752
>>271614264
So, the ride never ends.
>>
>>271614264
Brawl was a legitimately underwhelming game though, and I'm not even a serious player in any way. I don't see why people need to get bit in the ass for criticizing bad gameplay changes, to the point that people now hate good games like Melee.
>>
File: sacred combo.gif (2 MB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
sacred combo.gif
2 MB, 512x384
>>271614264

>They want the melee/PM scene to die because they're so fed up with them

One thing that always bothered me was that despite being insufferable faggots most of the time, melee/PM fags are right in principle about the series. Brawl was a step in the wrong direction and 4, despite being better, isn't as good as it should be.
>>
>>271614461
>>271614264
At least Project M can allow you to play as a skeleton. Ain't no other Smash that has that.
>>
Just imagine Project M for Wii U
>>
>>271614992
Based on how SSB4 has the same filesystem and engine as Brawl, it would probably be possible. But the legal loophole Project M operates through is closed for any titles after Brawl, so Nintendo will never let it happen.
>>
File: 1413324632373.jpg (117 KB, 981x810) Image search: [Google]
1413324632373.jpg
117 KB, 981x810
I don't dislike Project M.

I dislike it's shitty fanbase. The fucking idiots who INSIST PM is it's own game that deserves to be played at official tournaments. The fucking idiots that the PM devs can do NO WRONG. They're as bad as Sakuraidrones and Nintendrones they just like to make themselves look better by spewing competitive buzzwords when they're cornered with an argument.

While all PM players aren't like this, a majority are.

PM's devs are talented, and PM is an amazing mod albeit riddled with issues (Hazardless Stages, Still uses Brawl's artstyle, wasting resources on Clones and Melee characters)
>>
>>271613161
>Project M thread without shitposting
Haha good joke OP
>>
>>271615435
>they just like to make themselves look better by spewing competitive buzzwords when they're cornered with an argument.

What exactly do you mean by this?
>>
>>271614992
>Project M mod for smash 4
>with those graphics

HOW'S WII U MODDING COMING I KNOW SOME BRITBONG ALTERED MARIO KART WE'RE ALMOST THERE
>>
File: 1410898032913.jpg (82 KB, 700x699) Image search: [Google]
1410898032913.jpg
82 KB, 700x699
>>271614886
>melee/PM fags are right in principle about the series
No they aren't. Play the game however you want but the game was never meant to be competitive, and I don't think the developers should worry about making the game more competitive than fun. If I ever wanted to play Smash for fun I'm not going to play Melee with it's terrible "bricks-on-feet" physics. That's fucking stupid. Maybe if I wanted to play competitively but no. I still prefer Brawl and Smash 4 for fun. The stages are more fun, and the group playing is a lot more laid back rather than retarded manchildren screaming into your right ear about some stupid fucking Smashboards meme.
>>
>Project Manchildren
>>
File: 1413231672411.png (83 KB, 430x403) Image search: [Google]
1413231672411.png
83 KB, 430x403
>>271615435
>hazardless stages
>bad
That's like, your opinion man. I don't like having to focus dodging the stage more than my opponent. New artstyle mite b cool though.
>>
File: You're a big space man.png (199 KB, 642x320) Image search: [Google]
You're a big space man.png
199 KB, 642x320
>>271615640
When you say something like "Melee was unfun thanks to the physics which allowed people to be killed quicker. It didn't really allow the use of items because they would kill me extremely quick."

Plenty I meet will say things like "BUT NO. THAT GAMEPLAY IS SUPERIOR BECAUSE DIRECTIONAL INFLUENCE CAN SAVE YOU AT EVEN 200 PERCENT SO THAT DOESN'T MATTER. MELEE'S COMPETITION DID NOT AFFECT CASUAL PLAY AT ALL"

One experience had some random guy at the Smashfest in June complaining about how Melee was better than Brawl and Smash 4 for fun because competition

>>271616201
I'd really like to enjoy the wonderful ideas put together by the original dev team of Brawl. Whether it be the Wario Ware minigames or the Giant Laval pool in Norfair where you have to fight for the safe spot.
>>
>>271615979

That's not the point. Who cares if you don't want to be good at the game? The point is he lowered the skill ceiling strictly because he didn't like the gap between good and bad players. That is horrible for any game series and smash is no exception. It's especially bad in the case of smash because it's already one of the easiest games to get into
>>
>>271614264
Don't pair up Melee with PM faggotry. At least Smash 4 is different enough, PM tries too hard to find what made Melee great
>>
>>271613724
But he tried to fuck me!
>>
>>271615979
You're bullshitting. The stages in Smash 4 are almost universally regarded as garbage.
>>
>>271616579
>"Melee was unfun thanks to the physics which allowed people to be killed quicker. It didn't really allow the use of items because they would kill me extremely quick."

People actually say this? That's pretty dumb considering that Brawl and Smash 4 have only added more and more 1-hit kill items. From a casual point of a view I always preferred the quick kills. It have the game a frantic pace that I think is better suited to a party game. Making it slow just makes it boring and unfun.
>>
>>271616648
Most casual players don't care how you play either. They just don't want to be bothered by competitive teenagers and manchildren who complain because "WHY CAN'T I MOVE AT EXTREMELY INTENSE SPEEDS"

The skill ceiling is lowered but not as much as you think it is. The reason Melee and PMfags hate Brawl and Smash 4 is because it's not as fast. You can still play extremely competitively with mindgames and defensive play but that's not exciting enough for the fucking children who then go to Smashboards to complain.
>>
>>271616895
That's not true, anon. I like the boxing ring.
>>
>>271616086
>Super Smash Bros for Autism

I can do that too!
>>
What a shitty thread. /v/ Smash is just Smash 4 circlejerk, give up. ssbg is even worse because of namefags
>>
>>271616895
You know they're just shitposting right? Did the anime reaction images not tip you off?

Besides anyone who's played brawl or smash 4 can acknowledge the retarded lack of moment when running and jumping. That was maybe my LEAST favorite part of Brawls physics. You could be running at light speed but just lose forward momentum the moment you jumped. It's fucking stupid.

I'm pretty upset that this smash may have been the one with the least changes overall, especially visually. The jump from 64 to melee was crazy. The jump from Melee to Brawl was crazy. The jump from Brawl to Smash 4 is there, I guess. It's not as drastic as the previous iterations, what with the reusing and touching up of models and all of that borrowed music running on a modified brawl engine. I know Brawl started off on the melee engine, but it changed drastically when it was over.

video games
>>
>>271616895
What the fuck are you talking about, asswipe?
Great Cave Offensive, Mute City, Megaman, Boxing Ring, and Arena Ferox are awesome. Maybe not from your standpoint but there isn't some hate guild like you propose.

>>271617084
>they've only added more 1-hit kill items
No not really. The 1-hit kill items can be escaped pretty easily, actually as long as you're under 50-70 percent.
>>
>>271617652
>Megaman
No. Bosses are a garbage idea, at least without a toggle.
>>
>>271617490
Its weird because Melee threads can actually be pretty good. But everyone hates PM for no good reason besides
>w-well there are some people in the fanbase who shitpost...
>>
>>271617094
The problem is that defensive play has become the best way to play. Approaches are easily punished because the game was slowed down and because combos can be broken out of so easily, almost everyone has a good recovery, and airdodges are unlimited, you can't punish overly defensive play.
>>
File: 1413941323444.jpg (182 KB, 686x441) Image search: [Google]
1413941323444.jpg
182 KB, 686x441
>>271617605
>you know they're just shitposting right?
Or you know they have an opinion that isn't yours. Anime images don't always propose shitposting, asswipe.

Brawl to Smash 4 is fucking amazing seeing as how Smash 4 actually portrays it's characters with color and not shitty gritty washed out colors. They also have fun expressions instead of static boring faces.

They also have moving mouths for fuck's sake. If anything Melee looked nicer than Brawl.
>>
>>271617772
This place is fucking terrible and I only come back for the anonymity and the cheap laughs.
>>
>>271617094

No, most people hate brawl because the gameplay and physics encourage camping and stalling while actively punishing aggression except for like 2 characters. Defensive play is fine, but not when it's 100x better than approaching 90% of the time. To add to that, the no hitstun makes even getting a hit pointless for most characters especially considering how hard it is. It's fucking boring and tedious at a high level or any level when you realize how good defense is. It's the complete opposite of what the series was founded on.
>>
>>271617938
Enjoy Reddit friend :^)

>>271617772
Because Melee is actually good.
PM is just a mod riding off the glory of Melee.
>>
>>271617926
> Anime images don't always propose shitposting, asswipe.
No I'm pretty sure they do

Anything looks fucking better than Brawl, faggot. Low saturation and more detailed textures in place of style. Worst fucking mistake they could have made. I remember seeing the first CGI trailer and being amazed at the detail on Mario's overalls. But looking back at it now it's just a completely muddy, grey uninspired piece of garbage, visually.

That is the best thing Smash 4 has going for it though, the visual upgrade and an arguably better roster minus a few bad eggs.
>>
>>271618195
PM is good too
>>
>>271618139
It's kind of hilarious how many attacks you're basically punished for using, even when they hit. Yahtzee's description of Smash is quite accurate, at least Brawl-on. It's just mindless mashing, and that's the way Nintendo wants to represent themselves. They aren't about gameplay, and a look at any Smash thread can show you that most fans agree.
>>
File: image.jpg (84 KB, 771x879) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
84 KB, 771x879
Guys I made this thread for ironic shitposting not actual shitposting
>>
File: 1412617356822.png (71 KB, 205x217) Image search: [Google]
1412617356822.png
71 KB, 205x217
>>271618418
It's okay.
Stages are mostly flat with platforms.
Bad visual style still unchanged.
Bringing back terrible characters.
Cool Costumes.

>>271618292
And you know the actual good stages.
Oh and the amazing soundtrack.
Yeah those are all things a game needs.
>>
I don't know man, I just think Smash 4 is the real apex of the series thus far.
Of course, that isn't necessarily a death threat towards Project M's relevancy.
>>
>>271618791
>Mewtwo
>Terrible
Cool character, fun but shitty moveset, brought back to PM and now he's a monster. Roy too.
>>
>>271618791
>Bringing back terrible characters.
I don't really see how this is a bad thing when they've been tweaked to no longer be bad.
>>
>>271619070
Better than Melee, gameplay-wise?
You better have some facts to back that up
>>
>>271618791
>Bringing back terrible characters
What?
>Lucina image
Oh wait never mind, opinion discarded.

>Actual good stages
Like that fucking scrolling Donkey Kong stage and New Pork City? Oh wait, maybe Hanenbow?
>>
>>271618791
Brawl's graphics aren't bad though. Stupid style to go with for a Smash game but not bad.
>>
>anime girl posting faggot trying to say Smash 4 is the best game and says PM is shit
toppest of keks
>>
The beef I have with the PM scene: If they want their mod to live and grow, why not work themselves to make it happen? Set up their own tournaments, develop their own scene in the competitive world, etc. They are all too worried about gaining approval from everyone else.

>>271615107
Are you talking about the new update thing they sent on the wii u? I feel like that was referring directly to PM, with the way it was worded and all.

PM as a game is decent. It feels kind of unresponsive at times. maybe its me.
>>
>>271618791
>bitch about bad characters in Smash
>post Lucina
P:M Roy is leagues better than Lucina because he's actually somewhat different now. Lucina is just Melee Roy 2.0 (an objectively worse Marth).
>>
>>271619070
>Of course, that isn't necessarily a death threat towards Project M's relevancy.
For real though, what is with all the fucking idiots who think PM is a competition for Smash 4?
NONE of which are PM players, it's all Smash 4 fags saying Smash 4 will kill PM even though both games were meant for different audiences, made with completely different intent
>>
>>271619569
>Set up their own tournaments, develop their own scene in the competitive world, etc
Have you been living under a rock for the past 2 years?
>>
>>271619259
>8-player Smash
>largest roster yet
>>
>>271619914
8-player smash is cool but that doesn't really add much to the gameplay besides having more people to fight at once

>MOAR CHARACTERS = BETTER GAMEPLAY
epic
>>
File: 1411544090828.jpg (37 KB, 605x454) Image search: [Google]
1411544090828.jpg
37 KB, 605x454
>>271619914

>gameplay
>>
File: image.jpg (95 KB, 864x837) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
95 KB, 864x837
>>271619070
>apex
>death threat
>>
File: sleeping awoo.jpg (92 KB, 850x637) Image search: [Google]
sleeping awoo.jpg
92 KB, 850x637
Why is smash the only game /v/ wants to be casualized?

melee and PM are more fun than brawl and smash 4 and I've never been to a tournament or even been on smashfourms

it makes no fucking sense. you autismos will lose your spaghetti and call people casuals left and right but oh boy better not play smash competitively

im pretty sure it's just butthurt because they can't beat people better than them
>>
>>271613161
I think it looks pretty nice, ganondorf being able to float is definitely interesting.

But the new game looks really good and is all in all more interesting.
>>
>>271617926
>Anime images don't always propose shitposting, asswipe.
Yes they do, same thing with furry images as well.
>>
File: image.jpg (131 KB, 525x809) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
131 KB, 525x809
>>271620125
>>271620145
>implying every Smash game needs in-depth gameplay with complex combo strings to be good
>implying the point of the game isn't just to fight the Marios and the Pokemons
>>
>Brawl was more fun though!!

You guys always bitch about dumbing down and casualiztion.

Brawl was not more "fun", it had more stuff but the actual game part of the game suffers a lot. Tripping, being punished on hit with 95% of the cast, Sonic is somehow slow,the lack of momentum making every jump feel like it's happening underwater. Melee isn't perfect, it has its fair share of stupid shit (manual L-cancels) but it's much better in the gameplay department no matter how you slice it.

Bonus: Fox and Falco don't look stupid in Melee either.
>>
>>271619569
No, the reason Nintendo can't C&D Project M is because it says on the box that Brawl accepts custom content via SD Card. That's technically what Project M is, so now Nintendo doesn't put that on any of their products.
>>
>>271620675
this

melee has an unnecessary technical wall

it's my favorite game but it would be a lot better if

>l cancels were done automatically
>there was a wavedash button
>there was a shorthop button
>>
File: 1411743340618.jpg (44 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1411743340618.jpg
44 KB, 400x300
>>271620576

>implying good gameplay isn't required from every game
>implying the point of the game isn't to be a different type of fighting game
>>
>>271620824
>melee has an unnecessary technical wall
You can learn how to do all those techniques consistently in like 5 minutes
>>
>>271621251
I know how to l cancel, wavedash, and shorthop

the game would be a lot better to play if half the effort didn't go into dumb shit like that
>>
>>271620892
It's funny you cite that picture, because I have no doubt in my mind that if Smash was released in that state without any Nintendo characters, nobody would have bought it.
>>
>>271613471
Because this board is fueled by dumb shit.
>>
File: 1322205023674s.jpg (104 KB, 396x294) Image search: [Google]
1322205023674s.jpg
104 KB, 396x294
>>271621356

>In my opinion, it would not have sold well. I base this on nothing
>>
>>271620576
>moving the goal posts
>>
>>271621251
>>271621327
It's a pain in the ass to get new people in because of those 3 things, having the option for 2 jump buttons to either be shorthop and jump or jump and wavedash would have been amazing.

Manual L-cancelling would make it very easy for people to understand why people consider Melee fast.
>>
>>271621327

Have more control over your character is always a good thing. The only real changes I would make is being able to map short hop to the other jump button and getting rid of l-canceling + reducing aerial lag across the board. Wavedashing was fine.
>>
>>271620576
>nintendo fans admitting they don't care about gameplay and just care about paying for another game with muh mario
kek
>>
File: 1413704076054.gif (484 KB, 116x116) Image search: [Google]
1413704076054.gif
484 KB, 116x116
>>271620892
Imagine if it was actually released as a non-Nintendo fighter
Imagine a future where Sakurai wasn't holding the series back so much
>>
>>271621834
I used to play melee a lot so I was able to wavedash with every character

I only play it once a month with my friends who play it competitively. I can't do it with fox without having to warm up for like 10 minutes. So now I just play young link and mario because wavedashing with them is easy for me

a wavedash button would have been a good idea

but like >>271621809
said, manual L-canceling should have been a thing. it's a thing in many other fighting gmes
>>
>>271613161
I'd be more hyped for it but releasing it in the same window as SSB4 makes me care a lot less, since I know I'll be playing the hell out of that for a good few months.
The changes seem nice though and I'll probably play both once the initial release excitement wears down.
>>
>>271622126
I'm >>271621809 and I meant auto. I think you did too, hilarious.
>>
>>271622126

A wavedash button doesn't make any since because it's already essentially one button + direction. It's necessarily harder for some characters do to how the game engine works. Are you asking for a button to jump and airdodge down-diagonally at the same time?
>>
Maybe there is a reason Project Manchild threads are shit. Could it be because its a MOD that tries to make a party game competitive to attract autists?
>>
>>271622112
>Imagine if it was actually released as a non-Nintendo fighter
It would have never left Japan, since it was concepted as a low budget region-exclusive title.
It only took off because the idea of Mario fighting Pikachu was enough for it to sell way more than Nintendo ever expected. They barely even promoted the fucking thing.

Also, the game was always Sakurai's attempt at making a fighting game that avoided the elitist, hard to penetrate community they tend to be associated with, and instead make one that's easily approachable. The series' direction would have followed the same path even if it did take off as Dragon King.
>>
>>>/vg/

There's no reason to have these fucking threads DAILY (and especially since there's another one already up) when the point of a GENERAL thread is to go to the designated board. You have a Smash thread there already. Use it.
>>
>>271622537
yeah I meant auto. lel
>>
>>271622786

Sakurai only asked for nintendo characters because he liked the game design so much and wanted to make sure it sold well/decent. At it's core smash/dragon king was a damn good idea as a concept.
>>
>>271622659
Also how would wavelanding work with a one button input?
>>
>>271615979
>you can compete fairly in it
>"not competitive"
Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.