[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think this game is indeed masking a deeper plot or themes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 46
File: image.jpg (188 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
188 KB, 1024x768
Do you think this game is indeed masking a deeper plot or themes of death and loss? Is there some basis to these theories? Or is it just mindless fanaticism?
>>
I think you'd have to be an idiot or a young child to play this game and not notice that these themes are pretty blatant.
>>
>>271336060
The developers intentionally made the game very mysterious and vague to help push its atmosphere, and there's definitely an overarching theme of loss and grief within all of the five major areas.

Shit like that ridiculous Stone Tower theory are looking way too far into simple art direction and world building that was never intended by the developers or meant to be answers, though. The fanbase also greatly exaggerates how "deep" the games narrative is when it's just very moody and creepy in comparison to the other Zelda games.
>>
There's a difference between far-fetched theories and what the game really is without having to interpret anything.

MM is about the end of the world, about death and some other stranges things. And it does pretty well. You don't need shitty theories to understand that.
>>
>>271336060

I don't get how there can be any confusion with that. Majora's Mask plays it's themes very straight. It's a game with an apocalyptic setting with people ignoring their impending doom but gettin more and more desperate as time passes on.
The "Link is actually dead xD" theories are bullshit, but the themes of it's own story Majora's Mask delivers incredibly well
>>
File: 1267479423583.jpg (162 KB, 840x394) Image search: [Google]
1267479423583.jpg
162 KB, 840x394
>>271336060
Little bit of column A, little bit of column B.

There certainly are parts of the game that are much deeper than they seem at first, but it is the fanatiacism that you mention OP that raises this game overall to meme levels of ridiculousness.
>>
>>271336060

The theme of the game is people are shitty and selfish and when faced with death they will be barbarians. Humanity is a joke, we're all just a bunch of liars. I'm glad this game exposes the truth.
>>
>>271338519

No it's not. Noone except Sakon the thief goes out of their way to screw other people over in their final hours. And Sakon seems to be pretty oblivious to the whole world ending thing
>>
Overall I think the game presents what it meant to very well. you sort of get a dull ache of sadness when you see the characters react to their imminent death. sort of makes you think how link would feel seeing this over and over again.
>>
>>271338519
Stop falseflagging as a Majora's Mask fan so that you can keep your shitty fedora meme alive.

You don't have to be a jaded prick to enjoy it. I find myself appreciating life and people more after playing this game.
>>
I really enjoy how apocalyptic scenarios bring everyone down to the same level again, and it cuts out the bullshit since everyone knows they're about to die. It's the kind of time when you really feel sorry for the people you've hurt and for taking the people you love for granted.
>>
>>271338519

The game's message is the exact opposite
>>
It's just mystery for the sake of mystery. The Fierce Deity is nothing more than leftover data for an Adult Link Mask that was then promoted to a 100% completion reward. Nothing more, nothing less.
>>
File: green-happy-mask-salesman.jpg (141 KB, 620x500) Image search: [Google]
green-happy-mask-salesman.jpg
141 KB, 620x500
Link isn't dead. He is not in a coma.
He didn't become Stalfos after or before the game.
Termina isn't Link's purgatory.

Those theories are fun to read but they are way over the top. Still we will never know who really is the Happy Mask Salesman and why he had such a terrifying mask like Majora's Mask.
>>
>>271340148
lel ur so funny 'n' cool
>>
>>271336060
It's probably all bullshit for people to cope with the fact that their favorite Zelda game has atmosphere as the only thing going for it.
That, or they intentionally put things in trying to mask the fact that most or the models were copy-pastad from OoT.
>>
>>271337002
This

Who knows if nintendo developers purposefully made the game about the 4 stages of grief and w/e

Whats most important is that majoras mask is made up of dungeons that were cut from ocarina of time and that its a good zelda game
>>
>>271340497
I wish you'd say that to Yoshiaki Koizumi's face. He'd explain to you all of the things that Majora's Mask does have going for it and ask you why you shitpost about it on the internet. You'd just blush and say you were joking and pretend that you love Nintendo just so that you wouldn't have a heart attack from embarrassment.
>>
>>271340497

The game's atmosphere is good, but very overrated. Really, the only great atmosphere is in Clock Town and maybe Ikana, the rest of the game seems pretty bland. It doesn't feel very much like a real world at all, despite the more realistic schedules of the NPCs.
>>
File: zeldaforants.jpg (9 KB, 284x177) Image search: [Google]
zeldaforants.jpg
9 KB, 284x177
>>271336798
well call me an idiot then, because I think all the MM analysis is ridiculously superfluous. And this is coming from someone who thinks This is the best Zelda game.

considering its development (recycled models, time mechanic, short development in general, alice in wonderland-esque plot) It was just an attempt to follow-up Ocarina of Time that was (in my eyes) successful.
>>
>>271340438
>He didn't become Stalfos after or before the game.

He did become a skeleton afterwards, though.
>>
>>271341064
You don't think Majora's Mask is about death and the emotions that surround it? Ok, if you say so: you're an idiot.
>>
I really want to wait for the remake, but I was about to start this game a week ago and now since it's been announced it's very hard to wait. These fucking threads are going to push me over the edge.

I love the game and have played it multiple times, but I'm concerned that playing it just a few months before the remake comes out will make me judge the remake unfairly.
>>
File: 3243242.jpg (946 KB, 717x1000) Image search: [Google]
3243242.jpg
946 KB, 717x1000
>>271336060
op clearly didn't play the game, it's more than just theories, the "plot or themes of death and loss" are so implied that nintendo basically smack you in the face with them.
>>
>>271341960
People always bring up the Anju and Kafei quest, but rarely the event related to your pic.

It's so fucking sweet it's crazy the way that little girl cares for her father even after he's been turned into a zombie. She must be so scared living out in the desert alone like that, not knowing what will become of her father, but really being strong to keep him and herself safe.

The way she breaks down when she sees her father back to normal is so beautiful my chest feels tight just thinking about it.
>>
>>271340438
>start of the game shows link aimlessly wandering through a neverending forest, until he somehow falls down a neverending hole.>
>Gets greeted with "oh my, you've met with a terrible fate havent you". And no, he didnt mean becoming a deku. Because he repeats that same sentence every time.
>Elegy of emptiness creates morbid tombstone like statues of whatever form link is in, it will only work on the transformation mask, which are dead people. So why does the elegy also work on link when he isnt transformed?
>Termina(l), very subtle Nintendo
>When link fails, you see him getting devoured by hellfire
>Link meets the same people he met in hyrule, and somehow feels that he needs to help them. This is because he knows he failed them in Life because he couldnt beat ganon
>The last part of the game literally has you crossing Ikana, THE VALLEY OF DEATH, climing the tower towards heaven, gaining ENlightENMENT (arrows) and becomes ready to face his fate.

Yeah he's totally not dead and in purgatory. THe hero's shade in TP even confirms this by saying that he failed to pass on his guidance in life.

Because he died. Link was in adult form when he fought Ganon, but his mind was still that of a child, which is why he is still a child in his purgatory but his skeleton shade is an adult.
>>
>>271342632
That's probably because /v/ likes their /ss/.
>>
>Do you think this game is indeed masking a deeper plot or themes of death and loss?

It's not, that just internet fan-fiction. But it does have this: http://www.zeldauniverse.net/2006/11/03/the-stone-tower-why-termina-was-doomed/
>>
>>271342867
>>
>>271341960
>nintendo basically smack you in the face with them.
this

off the top of my head
the guy with the fox mask who was turned into a child and lost his love that way

this girl and her dad you posted

the deku butler's son / deku mask

the quest around the Zora mask

the quest around the Goron mask

even the guy in who's trapped in the fucking toilet of the hotel

the Ikana king

Link and Navi even

the girl on the farm with the ghosts

the dojo sword fighter guy who literally loses faith in himself by the end of day 3

it's so glaring, these are no theories, it's just the entire fucking game revolves around loss
>>
>>271342867
>he failed them in Life because he couldnt beat ganon
But he did beat Ganon, this is the child timeline where he went back and got the dorf sealed away. All the horror of the adult timeline never happened.

The thing is, now no one knows Link is a hero. All his actions mean nothing to everyone else, Majora's Mask just takes this and runs with it.
>>
File: 1411257772717.jpg (117 KB, 393x829) Image search: [Google]
1411257772717.jpg
117 KB, 393x829
>>271338519
>[EDGINESS INTENSIFIES]
>>
>people trying to find symbolism in half the shit in this game
Just deep reaching as usual
Everything that happens is blatantly obvious but muh "feels" faggots try to turn something into something it isnt
>>
File: 1415397082906.jpg (213 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1415397082906.jpg
213 KB, 1920x1080
>>271336060
Why does he want to crash the moon?

with no survivors?
>>
>>271343867
There are 2 timelines. Nintendo claims MM is happening in the timeline where Link beat Ganondorf in OOT but what if it actually takes place in the other one, where Link is defeated?
>>
>>271344195
Yep. I mean the game is okay and all but its fanbase really tries to look too deep into it most of the time. Doesn't help that some were attarcted to it because of that BEN shit a couple years back.
>>
File: sword master.jpg (202 KB, 638x2846) Image search: [Google]
sword master.jpg
202 KB, 638x2846
>>271336060
It absolutely has a theme of death and loss, just not the death of Link. Everywhere you go, people are affected by the moon that's about to fall, and various other personal problems you can help them with. Everything from Lulu who lost her eggs, to Kafei reuniting Anju, to Cremia letting her sister, Romani, sleep in her bed and drink alcoholic milk to try and ease the coming end. Death and loss are the most prominent themes in MM, and that's part of what gives it its atmosphere.
>>
>>271344951
Then Link wouldn't be alive to get the farewell scene from Zelda. Not to mention the opening says he succeeded
>>
>>271336798
I understood the themes about loss and moving on as a young child, so you'd just have to be an idiot.
>>
>>271343795
Don't forget Cremia losing her dad and having to take care of Romani.
>>
>>271344925
you're a fun guy
>>
Op here, I'm glad we're actually having vidya discussion. its a rare but lovely occurrence.
>>
>>271345041

I love MM but the fanbase totally sucks. What annoys me is how much they call the game "dark", when in reality it's a rather tender, humanist game and is more surrealist than dark.
>>
>>271345235

they really need to do more without gannondorf/ganon. the best games in the zelda series were without him or zelda. that is an indisputable fact.
>>
>>271336060
The only "plot" it masks are the ones revolving around misogyny and dominance of the patriarchy.
>>
>>271345127
"Link is dead all along" is one of those theories that is so retarded that I have no idea how it gained any traction. The very first lines in the game are about how Link is searching for a precious friend he lost, so how do the themes of loss and coping with loss apply to Link? He's obviously dead and has to get over his own death!
>>
when do you think the exact release date for mm3d will be? april?
>>
>>271345761
And they're both the product of based Yoshiaki Koizumi.

Bring that motherfucker back.
>>
>>271345127
question, if milk alludes to alcohol,then is chateau romani supposed to be moonshine or something
>>
>>271345235
I just looked up what the opening said and it says this :

"In the land of Hyrule, there echoes a legend. A legend held dearly by the Royal Family that tells of a boy... A boy who, after battling evil and saving Hyrule, crept away from the land that had made him a legend... Done with the battles he once waged across time, he embarked on a journey. A secret and personal journey... A journey in search of a beloved and invaluable friend... A friend with whom he parted ways when he finally fulfilled his heroic destiny and took his place among legends..."

What if Link and Ganon both died in the battle? Link still saved Hyrule and "took his place among legends" but had to part ways with Navi because of his death.
>>
>>271345841
You know what? Fuck it, I've got time. Please explain your reasoning for this to me.
>>
>>271336060
Yes.

As this anon said >>271336798
Some of it is pretty fucking blatant.

Speaking of themes, everyone talks about focus on loss and grief, but I never see much talk about duality, balance and cycle of life messages that the game portrays.
>>
>>271345730
That's not a problem with the fanbase as much as it is a problem with people in society in general. People tend to regard anything that has to do with mortality as dark or depressing.
>>
Both. It has themes of loss and death, but there is not a hidden story to theorize about. It's about the experience of playing it, about seeing the big world face destruction and respond in different ways. It's meant to make you, the player, face those situations as well. Thats why it works as a dark game. It's not just about trying to make things dark and scary.
>>
>>271342867
>Because he repeats that same sentence every time.

You know this doesn't really mean anything because this is just the Majora's Mask equivalent to "I got you babe"
>>
>>271345947
Well, OoT 3D (which similarly was released early in the same year as a mainline 3D Zelda [SS]) was released in June of 2011. I think that's Summer, but Nintendo claims MM3D will be in the Spring which starts in February. So basically who knows?
>>
>>271342867

Too bad Majora's Mask plays in the childhood timeline and not in the failed timeline. Try again
>>
>>271342867
>Termina(l), very subtle Nintendo
I hope you're joking about this one. Terminus is a Latin word for limit, as in the time limit you have before the world fucking ends.
>>
>>271346408
Well, that's because supporting the idea that the game has a message about irreparable loss and dealing with it is easy because it comes up so often. I'm sure you can find many interpretations and ideas, but you'd have to find evidence that they were meant to be developed.
>>
>>271342867
Nigger, Hero's Shade is confirmed to have a BLOOD relation to the Hero of Twilight. How the fuck could that happen if he died as a child?
>>
>>271346797
You seemed to have missed the post in which he very intelligently elaborated on his point and theory with a counterargument visa vis the timeline placement. Here, i'll link you to it and also provided a brief summary.
>>271344951
>BUT WHAT IF IT DIDNT??
>>
>>271337274
>MM is about the end of the world, about death and some other stranges things. And it does pretty well. You don't need shitty theories to understand that.

God this is so correct.
These assholes with their ten page "theories" are missing the forest for the trees. Majora's Mask has got all the symbolism, but there is no hidden meaning to it.
>>
>>271340438
There are plenty of subtle indications that Link was very depressed or even suicidal before he was transported to Termina. The Lost Woods are inspired by Japan's Aokigahara forest, after all.

We'll never really know the true intentions behind Majora's Mask and if the theories surrounding death have any significance, since it was all written by Koizumi - who left the Zelda team around WW's development. For all we know, the Hero's Shade stuff may have never happened if he was still working as a co-director and a writer for TP.

Sort of like how the Capcom games were never really meant to fit into a timeline, because the developers never really cared for it.
>>
>>271346187
>What if Link and Ganon both died in the battle? Link still saved Hyrule and "took his place among legends" but had to part ways with Navi because of his death.

Hyrule Historia specifically says that there's a third timeline that ALTTP and the original two games are supposed to take place in that was caused by Link dying in the battle against Ganondorf. T

echnically, this IS possible, but people forget that Majora's Mask tells you in the first five seconds of the game that Link is supposed to be alive because the story we're going to hear is one treasured by the royal family just as dearly as the story of OOT. Someone had to have came back from Termina to tell them about Link's story, whether it was Skull Kid, the Happy Mask Salesman, or Link himself.

Plus:

>forgetting that TP!Link was explicitly said to be a blood descendent of OOT!Link, which wouldn't be possible if Link was dead
>forgetting that adults who get lost in the Lost Woods and die turn into SKULL KIDS, not Stalfos so saying that the Hero's Shade only exists because Link turned into one is ridiculous
>forgetting that Link knows the Lost Woods like the back of his own hand because he fucking lived in them his entire life

In short, there is absolutely no way the Link is Dead theory would work, not unless we're talking about it taking place during that third timeline as a hypothetical dream before death and even then it's fanfiction tier.
>>
>>271346187
Then the Link fails timeline doesn't continue because the events after it don't happen.

MM is the child timeline, it's undisputable
>>
>>271346797
>Muh made up timeline is infallible.

You do realize that they pulled that timeline out of their asses and that it has been proven to be incorrect, right?

And irregardless, Link could have defeated ganon and still died in the progress.
>>
>>271347152

>what if

There's three timelines. Get over it
>>
>>271347239
>>forgetting that adults who get lost in the Lost Woods and die turn into SKULL KIDS, not Stalfos so saying that the Hero's Shade only exists because Link turned into one is ridiculous

Whoops, typoed hard here.

I meant to say that adults turn into Stalfos, but kids turn into Skull Kids. Link wouldn't have turned into a Stalfos because he's a kid.
>>
>>271346896
>time limit you have before the world ends and everyone dies

How can you disregard "Terminal" when it obviously derives from that same latin you bring up?
>>
>>271347339
The third timeline existing was a necessary move in order to retain pre-OoT Zelda games as canon.

Because Ganon is alive and sealed in the Sacred Realm in ALTTP, whereas in Twilight Princess, he was killed, not sent to the Sacred Realm. In Wind Waker, he escaped the Sacred Realm and then was killed.

Without a third timeline, ALTTP (thus, LA, LoZ, and AOL) wouldn't fit anywhere.
>>
>>271345874
I don't know, I can see how it came to be. I remember watching a YT video about it and going "huh, that's pretty interesting". I just never took it to heart, especially since in TP, the Hero's Shade straight out tells TP Link that they're from the same bloodline; making the fact that OoT / MM Link grew to be an adult and father a child canon.
>>
File: Timeline_Hyrule_Historia.jpg (907 KB, 944x1267) Image search: [Google]
Timeline_Hyrule_Historia.jpg
907 KB, 944x1267
>>271342867

But Link defeated Ganondorf. He went out to look for Navi, tumbled "down the rabbit hole" and saved Termina. It's the equivalent of Lorule, it's somewhat of a parallel kingdom to Hyrule. Hell, it could even have just been a weird experience like in Link's Awakening. He wasn't dead.
>>
>>271347081
Because link in ocarina of time also was "related" to the hero of time, his parents died in a war, and he ended up in the kokiri village. Did you even fucking play the game you cockslap shitstain?. The hero of time existed prior to link's birth
>>
>>271347418
This is why I can never take any of these theories seriously. They disregard lore completely.

Plus, Link has the Triforce of Courage, so wouldn't that protect him from the magic in the Lost Woods?
>>
>>271342867
>gaining ENlightENMENT (arrows)
that doesn't seem far fetched at all
>>
>>271347736
How fucking stupid are you? Link in OOT IS the fucking Hero of Time. Because he fucking travels through time unlike any prior hero.
>>
>>271347736
Hero of Time is OoT Link. You wear his clothes in TP.
>>
>>271347736
I think I remember you from the last thread we had about this, and you went on about how the Bomber Kids were supposed to be a representation of Link mourning his lost childhood or some shit.

Even if you're not that guy, you still have the same autistic logic as him.
>>
>>271347206
>The Lost Woods are inspired by Japan's Aokigahara forest
That's some good supporting evidence, but I'm gonna need a source.
>>
File: Skully2.jpg (231 KB, 821x470) Image search: [Google]
Skully2.jpg
231 KB, 821x470
>>271347418
>I meant to say that adults turn into Stalfos, but kids turn into Skull Kids. Link wouldn't have turned into a Stalfos because he's a kid.

This. This is something people always seem to forget.
How anyone could even comprehend a 12-year old kind turning into a 7-foot adult stalfos knight in full armor is beyond me.
Hell, if HH didn't exist then there'd be a higher chance of TP's skull kid being him, not the shade. He was also kind of a weird enigma in the game.
>>
People taking this Stalfos shit seriously are stupid.
What they meant was:

If you venture into the Lost Woods without a fairy to guide you, you will be lost and die. When you die your turn into a skeleton. Stalfos are skeletons.It's Kokiri folklore, never a real plot point.
>>
File: Continued Laughter.jpg (40 KB, 355x362) Image search: [Google]
Continued Laughter.jpg
40 KB, 355x362
>>271347556
How can you disregard "Terminus" when it obviously derives from that same latin you bring up?
>>
>>271347373
I don't understand what you mean. Get over what? I'm not the guy who was tryna say Nintendo lied about the timelines. That guy's idea that it might be in a different timeline is fucking stupid, and that's what I meant. His argument was "What if they lied?"
>>
Nintendo has made an official statement saying so. Therefore, there is no point in wasting your time speculating how all the games connect, because they don't. The series is exactly what the name says it is: a legend that is told by different people, that evolves as time goes on. That's why it's always a new character but with many similarities.

NOW FUCK OFF
>>
is skullkid actually link?
time in Termina is convoluted
>>
>>271348181
Who aren't you quoting?
>>
>>271347662
>"The Hero is defeated" timeline
>first game that follows has The Resurrection of Ganon, implying Ganon was still killed

so how did he do it? Martyrdom perk?
>>
>>271347662
How can the two four swords games be so far apart when they are direct sequels?
>>
>>271348397
Because they don't follow the main Zelda plot
>>
>>271347418
>>271348027
>>271348174
Only kokiris turn into skull kids. Hylians turn into stalfos. Kids or adults.
>>
>>271348334

The following Zelda games are sequels, and thus the Link in those games are the same.

Zelda I and II
A Link to the Past and Link's Awakening
Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask
Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages (duh)
Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass

Other than that, there is no connection between all the games of the Zelda series, other than the obvious arcs (like Ocarina of Time to Wind Waker). Nintendo has made an official statement saying so. Therefore, there is no point in wasting your time speculating how all the games connect, because they don't. The series is exactly what the name says it is: a legend that is told by different people, that evolves as time goes on. That's why it's always a new character but with many similarities.
>>
>>271348174
No, they say:

>Anybody who comes into the forest will be lost. Everybody will become a Stalfos. Everybody, Stalfos

That's what Fado says in OOT. He says that you just have to be lost to become one.

However, according to Navi's comment when you target a Skull Kid:

>Is this what happens to kids who wander into the forest? It looks like he doesn't like grownups.

So yeah, there IS a difference.
>>
>>271348193
He's a foil for Link. The colors of their fairies sort of symbolize that.
>>
>>271348353

Play A Link To The Past. The Knights of Hyrule protected the Sages who sealed Ganondorf away in the Sacred Realm. Apparently after kidnapping and killing both Zelda and Link to take their Triforce pieces, a bit of time passed while Ganondorf built up an army and prepared to invade.
>>
>>271338264
Why does he wear the mask?
>>
>>271348193
yeah, Link was always running around beating up helpless merchants and robbing
>>
>>271347556
It makes no sense for Link to be "terminal" as in an illness; if he died after fighting Ganon or whatever this would be already Purgatory, and therefore he'd be already dead. He wouldn't be terminal either if he was in a state between life and death - he's not alive anymore.

I'm all for theories, but I honestly believe the name refers to the impending doom of the world and all life, not to Link himself. I'm not debating the rest of your post either.
>>
>>271348353
He wasn't killed, just sealed away. Hyrule had to fight a war just to get rid of Ganon. It's all explained in the opening cinematic of ALttP
>>
>>271348541
>>Is this what happens to kids who wander into the forest? It looks like he doesn't like grownups.

Obviously, a bit of retconning on Nintendo's part when you learn that Skull Kid actually originated from Termina, and probably was always a Skull Kid
>>
>>271348541
>Anybody who comes into the forest will be lost. Everybody will become a Stalfos. Everybody, Stalfos
>Link has lived in the forest for seven or ten years depending on how old you think he is in OOT without turning into anything
>Link is able to wander around them with Epona in the beginning of MM with no problem

okay
>>
>>271347239

>Link could have shagged someone when he was in adult form. But thats irrelevant anyway, as you're wrong. he said he was related to the hero of time. OOT link was related to the hero of time, he was NOT the original hero of time. That legend existed well before link was even born.

>Link fought ganon as an adult, if he lost and wandered into the lost woods, he would become a Stalfos, I seriously doubt he'd bother to put the master sword back in the pedestal.

>You dont even know what you're talking about. No one lives in the fucking lost woods you smegmaslurper. he lived in THE KOKIRI FOREST AND INHABITANTS ARE EXPLICITLY WARNED TO NOT WANDER INTO THE FUCKING LOST WOODS.
>>
File: 800px-SkullKid.jpg (68 KB, 800x360) Image search: [Google]
800px-SkullKid.jpg
68 KB, 800x360
>>271348647
Because he has a hideous bird-face
>>
>>271348659
how much do you know about death young man
>>
>>271348176

I understand that you're a stupid bitch.

I just corrected you in my greentext, reminding you that the reason there is a time limit is because the moon crashes into everyone and kills them all at the end of it.

If it is your argument that it's "Terminus" and not "Terminal" and that's why it has nothing to do with death, you're going to have to do better than that.
>>
>>271348513
I've only skimmed over the last few posts in this thread and I didn't see anyone saying anytihng to the contrary, other than that the Stalfos in TP is OoT Link, which has been confirmed hasn't it?
>>
>>271347662
>skyward sword before TMC

Every fucking time.
>>
>>271348475
No, it's kids who turn into skull kids. Even Navi hypothesizes this when you z-target a skull kid. It's officially confirmed in the Japanese translation of the game, thought I'm too lazy to find sources at the moment.

Speaking of TP's Skull Kid, I remember reading some theories about it and they were pretty interesting. Like how it's so unusual that he's the only one guarding the temple and how he knows both Saria's song and Zelda's lullaby. Also the shape of the leaf on his back kind of resembles the hero's shield, the blue earrings, so on and so forth. But who cares, neither the stalfos theory or the the skull kid theory are canon.
>>
>>271347646
>>271347646
TLDR/ I admit that the timeline is completly pulled out of Miyamoto's wrinkled anus and as such can be safely disregarded.

>>271347662
See above and below, the timeline is bullshit made up garbage.

Devs dont know their own lore half of the time. See blizzard and their knowledge of Falstad.
>>
>>271348664
You think I'm a different person. My point is yours. Saying the game has nothing to do with death because "Terminus" isn't the same thing as "Terminal" is just silly.
>>
>>271348843
>OOT link was related to the hero of time, he was NOT the original hero of time. That legend existed well before link was even born.
Oh for fucks sake
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=who+is+the+hero+of+time%3F
>>
>>271348843
>clearly doesn't know the difference between the adult and child timelines
>doesn't know the Stalfos/Skull Kid lore which OOT fucking flat out tells you
>is a big enough mongoloid not to know that Kokiri Village and the Lost Woods are connected, they're one in the same, the kids play in the woods all the time including Link

Did you even play OOT or what
>>
quick question, how easy is gamecube emulation? could i play windwaker with an xbox controller fairly easy?
>>
>>271349110
When does it play Zelda's Lullaby? I was pretty sure that it was the same Skull Kid from OOT/MM.
>>
File: DKC timeline higher res.jpg (1017 KB, 2031x2791) Image search: [Google]
DKC timeline higher res.jpg
1017 KB, 2031x2791
>>271347662
i like the donkey kong timeline better
>>
>>271337002
Yeah, this. Anyone who's worked on a writing team or developed a game could tell you that fan theories consistently over-complicate the narrative and read far too deeply into things. The human mind's ability to lay down patterns in white noise is amazing and beautiful, but ultimately useless more often than not.
>>
>>271348013
Oh really, its a shame then that Skyward sword uses the same clothes, and is supposedly the first ever in the timeline, completely taking a shit over your argument.

>>271347979
too bad that the hero of time existed prior to Link's birth in OOT. There have clearly been other heroes of time, considering certain people are fucking well aware of the master sword and its time traveling capabilities.
>>
>>271349334
yeah if you don't have a toaster i think it should run fine
>>
>>271349334
Yes. Google it you dumb fucking faggot.
>>
>>271341107
yeah when he died 70 years later.
you will become a skeleton too, you know.
it's inside of you, waiting for your flesh to rot away
>>
>>271348925
Jesus Christ. I'm really gonna have to up my defense on this unconfirmed fanfiction. Majora's Mask is about death, but not about that Link is Dead bullshit. Several other anons mentioned this already, please read it again.
>>
>>271349269
Kokiri Forest is an offshoot of the Lost Woods that's protected under the Deku Tree's magic.

Kokiri had guardian fairies to protect themselves from the Lost Wood's magic, Link didn't until he got one. Simple as that.
>>
>>271349443
Skyward Sword uses a Knight's Outfit. They say so in the beginning.

And prove that the hero of time existed prior. Go ahead, one quote or screenshot proving your stupidity correct.
>>
>>271348795

Again, same inbred cunt who clearly hasnt played the fucking game. Link lived IN THE KOKIRI WOODS.
Secondly, you cant change into somethign when you're alraedy dead and in purgatory.
>>
>>271349676
I don't think Link is dead in Majora's Mask. You must have me confused with someone else. I just took issue with you saying that Termina has nothing to do with the word "terminal" because it really comes from the Latin "terminus". You can't call that guy stupid for his theory when you act like a ridiculous idiot like that.
>>
>>271349443
There have been other Links, not other heroes of time. Usage of the master sword doesn't make you the hero of time, it means you're the wielder of the triforce of courage.
>>
>>271349334
I know that Dolphin lets you use the Xbox Controller without having to do a bunch of dumb bullshit, and lets you map the buttons, but gamecube emulation and most emulation revolving around 3D games is very hard on your computer. So depends on your rig.
>>
>>271349116

The timeline was compiled by and approved by Eiji Aonuma who is one of the people closest to the franchise.

You are fucking retarded. The timeline listed above is the official Zelda timeline as of 2011.

>>271348981

It kinda makes sense though, it establishes that Demise and Link are to be continuously reincarnated in battle.
>>
>>271349118
>Saying the game has nothing to do with death
I didn't imply that. In fact, I said I was not debating the rest of your points, I just found that one to be stretching it. Majora's Mask is definitely about death. I'm just not convinced at all that "Termina" relates to Link's own life or death.

This is not a really meaningful discussion anyway, seeing we agree on the main point.
>>
>>271349269
Yeah, i did, but you clearly didnt, see >>271349682
and prepare to get assblasted
>>
>>271349901
I have every right as an murican citizen of Mcdonalds to act retarded, and you bet your middle testicle I'll continue to do so.
>>
I think people will read too deeply into anything that even looks the tiniest bit mysterious or deep. There's a great documentary on The Shining out there called Room 237 about all these people coming up with insane theories about the "hidden meanings" in the movie, including how it's supposed to be an allegory for the Holocaust because of the brand of typewriter Jack Nicholson writes on in the movie.

Majora's Mask fans are a lot like that. They take a well-written (by Zelda standards) game with pretty straightforward themes about loss and healing and turn it into this sweeping, Kubrick-esque drama that just makes the game look really overwrought and silly.

The only theory I believe holds any credit is the stages of grief one, but only because I believe it applies to Navi. Towards the end, the final giant tells Tatl to "forgive your friend". That could mean one of three things: he wants Tatl to forgive Skull Kid, he wants Skull Kid to forgive the giants, or he wants Link to forgive Navi for abandoning him. All three ideas work very well within the context of the story's biggest themes, which are healing and hope.
>>
File: Error3-SacredGroveNFaronWoods.jpg (80 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
Error3-SacredGroveNFaronWoods.jpg
80 KB, 1024x576
>>271349379
You use a howling stone that has the spiritual stones engraved on them instead of the usual Sheikah symbol. It summons the skull kid instead of the shade.

Intriguing stuff either way.
>>
>>271346187
>A journey in search of a beloved and invaluable friend
what friend are we talking about here?
when i played this as a teenager, I always assumed they meant Epona because she gets stolen in the opening scene, but "a beloved and invaluable friend whit whom he parted ways..." sound pretty hardcore for a horse.
>>
>>271349903
Explain then how there are sages that are aware that releasing the Master sword allows timetravel, you cant know that without having seen it, ergo, someone else was a hero of time prior to link. Fuck, it could even have been links dad, who is never shown but died durign a battle for Hyrule Castle while his mother fled with Link as a baby, and died of her wounds close to the Deku Tree
>>
>>271349974
So explain how he used to play in the Lost Woods with Saria despite not having a fairy.
>>
>>271349948
And the WoW lore was made up by Metzen, and he didnt know what happened to one of the important lore characters.

People fuck up. And there was never a clear timeline in the first place. Why wont you just admit that the timeline is a bunch of bollocks.
>>
>>271350294
Or it could be the much simpler official explanation instead of straw grasping and retconning to the extreme
>>
>>271350239
Too bad that this text appears BEFORE epona is stolen. Its talking about Navi. Whom he parted ways with because he died.
>>
Majora's Mask 3D being announced is the best thing that ever happened to /v/ as far as I'm concerned. At least for a while, I can talk about my favorite game again with all of you.

I love you all.
>>
File: 1358917759706.jpg (38 KB, 372x399) Image search: [Google]
1358917759706.jpg
38 KB, 372x399
>>271350068
>including how it's supposed to be an allegory for the Holocaust because of the brand of typewriter Jack Nicholson writes on in the movie

nice to know autism has existed since the 80s
>>
>>271350343
He didn't. Saria told him it was her special place for some alone time. She doesn't refer to it as their special place until she teaches him the song after meeting him there.
>>
>>271350343
>because he didnt.

>>271350590
Ah yes, the simpler explanation being "they just knew the sword allowed time travel and didnt think for a second that it was a laod of horseshit. Nah, no need to confirm this."
>>
>>271350656
Love you too bruh. you made OP happy.
>>
>>271350294
Because the master sword allowed time travel in Skyward Sword? The sages could have simply known the legend instead of this convoluted nonsense.
>>
>>271350656
it does lead to interesting conversations... even if it's all in vain
>>
>>271350225
>The Triforce is the Spiritual Stones
no way
>>
>>271350294
The Master Sword doesn't allow time travel all the time. If if did, Link would've been transported back in time the moment he put the Master Sword back into the pedestal in Twilight Princess.

And yes, I'm aware it opens a portal to the dungeon back in time, but that's not the same as what happens when you use it in OOT.
>>
>>271350746
You mean the part where the sages don't mention time travel until Link already appears 7 years later, having traveled through time?
>>
>>271350449
>Why wont you just admit that the timeline is a bunch of bollocks.

It is. That's the point I'm trying to prove here. Hand an IP over to different people and they'll do different things to it, sometimes that involves retconning the canon lore or exchanging the previous person's intentions with ideas of their own.
As you've already said, people fuck up and they change things.
>>
>>271350656
Yeah, it's a nice change of pace from the usual waifu threads, SS-bashing and WW/TP circlejerks.
>>
HERO'S SHADE IS NOT A FUCKING STALFOS IT'S A GOD DAMN SPIRIT ARE YOU FUCKING BLIND YOU SPERGLORDS?
>>
>>271350661
Speaking as a rather successful filmmaker who put out some pretty popular films a few years back, I'll let you know that many writers and directors that I know actually do spend a lot of time making sure even the most retardedly small and seemingly insignificant detail has a deeper meaning or fits with bigger themes.

One of my films was discussed on an international level and it was exciting that some people actually figured out some of the deeper meanings that I was going for, but of course there are always people who say that they're reading too far into it.

Interesting to watch and I felt kind of like I wished I could help them, but I felt like I'd be ruining the magic to interfere with the discussion.
>>
>>271348353
The word "resurrection" is used too loosely in that image. It just simply means that Ganon returned in that instance.
>>
>>271350449

Because the timeline actually makes sense when you look at it and Eiji Aonuma was very closely connected to almost all the games in important roles. I don't play WoW so I don't know or care about what that incident was, but I don't see how you can say it's "bollocks" when it makes a shit ton of sense.

It's okay to be wrong, Anon.
>>
Has Koizumi responded to any of the theories and praise his game has gotten for being "dark"? Also, what his level of involvement in the Zelda games anyway? I never hear about him.
>>
>>271351198
Those are films though, not games. When it comes to games they don't really care as much, especially if we're talking about the 90's or the 80's.
>>
>>271351198
>Speaking as a rather successful filmmaker who put out some pretty popular films a few years back

What movies did you make? And don't be coy. We have people pretending to be game devs all the time on here, I'm sure no one would really care if you said you were Von Trier or something.
>>
>>271351478
Tell that to Yoshiaki Koizumi who specifically got interested in video games because he felt they'd be a unique and effective story-telling medium.
>>
>>271344951
>There are 2 timelines.
Here's your reply.
>>
>>271351478
Anyone involved in any creative medium with a shred of talent or integrity cares. Things don't just happen, there are reasons behind everything.
>>
>>271351601
Sorry, buddy, I know you'll just tell me to fuck myself, but the most I'll give you is that I was once on standby to be interviewed by Letterman if more important guests couldn't make it. This was back in 2001. That information is out there somewhere if you want to spend a few hours digging for it ;)
>>
>>271347239
>forgetting that TP!Link was explicitly said to be a blood descendent of OOT!Link
Except that never happened.
>>
>>271351198
>Speaking as a rather successful filmmaker who put out some pretty popular films a few years back,

Give us some clues.
Assuming that you're telling the truth, it's kind of neat to know that people such as yourself are Zelda fans. Not surprising I suppose, but interesting nonetheless.
>>
>>271351378
I've never seen him in the public spotlight except for Iwata Asks.

Anyway, he used to do art, story and design for Zelda games starting with ALttP. Most of this is from the wikipedia article.

The most impressive credits are probably coming up with Link's Awakening's story, doing co-directorial work on Majora's Mask including coming up with the entire premise and main gameplay element of the three day cycle, and getting pulled off to work on other stuff while Aonuma ran Wind Waker into the ground.
>>
>>271351183
>its a spirit.

Why would a spirit need to take on the form of a fucking stalfos then. Why wouldnt he appear as link.

>>271351363
The timeline makes sense, top kek
>>
Can someone explain to me why navi was replaced with another fairy? I get she was lost and stuff but Nintendo could have made this game without this tidbit perfectly fine. I dont think it makes very much sense to replace her, unless there is some deeper meaning to it.
>>
>>271351827
Give me a hint on who the guest ended up being for the episode you were on, or a hint about a movie you made.

Also curious to know what makes someone like you like Zelda, in particular MM.
>>
>>271351630
Yeah, too bad that the people higher up on the food chain like Miyamoto and Aonuma keep putting a leash on him.
>>
>>271352259
WHAT FUCKING FORM STALFOS ARE BONES HERO'S SHADE HAVE NOT ANY PHYSICAL ATTRIBUTES YOU FUCKING FAGGOT
>>
>>271352356
It allowed them to get rid of the 'HEY' 'LISTEN'
>>
>>271352356
Tatl's a bigger part of the overall story than you realize if you think swapping her out with Navi wouldn't break the game.
>>
>>271352356
Yeah, the game is presumably about Link losing Navi and looking for her.

If you found her the game wouldn't really have that meaning.

Also everyone hated Navi because her sound clips and personality was annoying, so they replaced her with a tsundere because they thought it'd be more popular.
>>
>>271352356
He lost Navi, that's it.
>>
>>271346174
Or whiskey. You see stuff like that get changed all the time. Beer becomes cola, milk, or just sparkling water that makes everyone slur their words and giggle a lot.
>>
Guys do you think Killer 7 is about nationalism?
>>
File: 1396078060105.jpg (26 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1396078060105.jpg
26 KB, 500x375
>>271345874
Nigga he got lost in the woods and became a Stalfos.
>>
Why did Navi leave Link to begin with, especially without not telling him why first? What kind of shitty friend like that is worth looking for?
>>
File: 1357012294305.jpg (167 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1357012294305.jpg
167 KB, 1920x1080
Someone post that picture of link talking to the Milk bar owner on the final day. It was on my mind all day at work
>>
>>271348845
he's a wood guy
>>
>>271352707
>Whenever Link masturbates beind a tree or something Tatl always complains and makes fun of him, yet watches attentively every time and obviously enjoys it

>Navi would just get embarrassed and avert her gaze and wait patiently until he finished
>>
>>271351167

SS was better than TP
>>
Guys do you think Earthbound is about friendship
>>
>>271340438
Miyamoto confirmed that the happy mask salesman is moot some time ago.
>>
>>271353263
They're all fantastic.
>>
>>271353002

Could only go downhill from there
>>
>>271353145
Shit. I read a lemon like this
>>
>>271353416

Apart from TP
>>
Are we ever going to find out what the Happy Mask Salesman was?

Also, what exactly WAS Majora? The collective embodiment of negativity and evil the Ancient Tribe channeled into the mask? A god? Or something else? It was sentient and referred to itself as "I", so I always assumed it was some kind of singular entity.
>>
Guys is Pikmin about teamwork?
>>
File: 180px-800px-Midna3.jpg (9 KB, 180x132) Image search: [Google]
180px-800px-Midna3.jpg
9 KB, 180x132
>>271353534
No.

They're all fantastic.
>>
>>271353002
Some people assumed that Ganon's magic mortally wounded her and she left without notice so that Link wouldn't get too upset.

Others think that Navi didn't care, but Link became so desperate and messed up after MM that he was willing to find her, if only because she's the only person who remembers what he went through.

Fanfiction theories nonetheless. No concrete or canon explanations.
>>
>>271353145
Sounds about right.

I think the only reason I like Tatl so much is because I read this fanfiction years and years ago that made her a much better character. It was a retelling of Majora's Mask and made her less abrasive and more mischievous.

That, and she's also got a bit of New Game+-ish dialog where she warms up to Link after you beat everything.
>>
>>271353558
HMM is a god of sorts. The judge god, I think it was.

Majora is a divine sentence sent by the gods to be carried out.
>>
>>271353624
No, it's about manipulating naive animals and/or lower social classes to further your own needs and economic interests.
>>
Do you think Sonic the Hedgehog is about the evils of industrialism?
>>
>>271352696
I dont know. Link could have found Navi in Termina or there could have been some easier thing to make up. Nintendo actually went out of their way and replaced her, with something that does exactly the same. It could have been a lot simpler than the story we have now. I always thought Nintendo had some deeper story that they're not telling us. Maybe just to make you feel even more alone in a strange place, without the only friend thats been through it all with you. But it could have a lot deeper meaning.
>>
>>271353650
I think "she didn't care" is the most likely out of all of these. Remember, she only stuck around because the Great Deku Tree told her to help Link on his quest. Once it was over, so was her obligation to stay because he wasn't a real Kokiri.

She's a fairy. Traditionally, fairies are fickle, mischievous creatures, so yeah, it fits with her character. Probably why there's only been two fairy helpers in the series, and one of them is an outright bitch who steals and lies for fun (Tatl).
>>
>>271353558
The Twilight dudes made it, or somerthing
>>
>>271353727
>Majora is a divine sentence sent by the gods to be carried out

>Majora was sent by the goddesses to punish Termina I know this because I believe in that autistic Stone Tower theory

This is what we call reading too deeply into things that don't exist.
>>
>>271354109
>the triforce isn't visible there and nowhere else in termina
>>
>>271353361
Nah man, you're reading too much into it.
You're like those english teachers in high school who would make you analyze ever last detail of a book. Sometimes the drapes are just fucking blue, am I right?
>>
>>271353719
Tatl is the best companion.
>>
>>271354198
I never said I believed in it or even supported it, you fucking animal, just that there are people who do.
>>
>>271353558
I just assumed Majora was some kind of wizard and although dead for a long time now, his or her spirit remains bound to the mask
>>
>>271353624
It's kinda stretching a bit but this was the first commercial for Pikmin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esYm9q-bi4w
All about following loyally and selfless self sacrifice. It's a very Japanese mentality
>>
>>271354239
I would consider her second best since Midna still kinda tops her in terms of personality and character development.
>>
File: true_partners.jpg (452 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
true_partners.jpg
452 KB, 1280x720
>>271354239
While I do like Tatl, best companion is still Midna.
>>
The Happy Mask Salesman was a mask salesman.
>>
>>271354661
are there any fairies in hyrule warriors?
>>
>>271353558
If we're going by the silly "Link is dead" theories, then the Mask Salesman is a guide into the afterlife, perhaps even a kind of dosojin if we're going by Japanese terms and culture.

I've always seen Majora as the embodiment of inevitable death, or the personification of our inner demons, particularly childish and selfish desires. Regarding Link, his inability to let go of past relationships in favor of moving on and finding new ones.
>>
>>271353558
Akira Himekawa's manga are canon according to Aonuma.
So that makes Majora the remnants of some dragon thing.
>>
File: same sword.jpg (100 KB, 686x519) Image search: [Google]
same sword.jpg
100 KB, 686x519
Someone explain this
>>
>>271354435
>these lyrics

Damn, that's dark.
I always suspected that Pikmin was a social commentary about the Japanese workforce or the manipulated lower class masses, but this just confirms it.
>>
>>271354653
In a way I hold that against Midna. I like Tatl, because she's less of a part of the story, though not as annoying as Navi who is robotic and naggy.

Tatl is a nice balance of being pleasant and having a full personality, but not interjecting herself too deeply into the player experience.
>>
>>271355074
...whatever. You go, Socialist Man. Just don't sell those illegal revolutions near me.
>>
File: 1406328367588.png (57 KB, 206x199) Image search: [Google]
1406328367588.png
57 KB, 206x199
>>271351183

Skelly ghosts cannot be two things anon

They are Stalfos in Zelda
>>
>>271355002
Wooden hilt rotted away and got replaced.
>>
>>271355123
Compared to someone like Fi, Navi is a saint.
>>
>>271354753
Navi (although she's the wrong color) makes an extremely brief appearance, there's a new fairy for Link named Proxi, and you can play as a Great Fairy.
>>
>>271355002
YWell, it never specifically says it's the same sword, they're just both called a Kokiri Sword, because they're from the Kokiri Forest. In the same way you can have two completely different looking French Swords or Gerudo Swords.

Although that's kinda stretching it and making a lot of assumptions.
>>
>>271355002
Link took it to blacksmith for an upgrade.
>>
>>271355002
That I can explain, the shield I cannot.

>>271355123
Midna's a more successful tsundere than Tatl.
>>
>>271345874

>Goes into the lost woods without a fairy
>People who go into the lost woods without a fairy get lost

>Kids become skull kids
>Adults become stalfos

>Link falls down a huge hole
>Ends up in a weird alternate dimension called "Termina"

If he didnt die
Somebody sure did

The thing that doesnt make sense is Link was still a kid

He wouldnt turn into a Stalfos, he would become a skull kid
>>
>>271354428
Nah, the mask was crafted from the remains of some magical evil beast. Thats why the mask contains malignant energy and drives people that wear it insane.
>>
>>271355397
Absolutely. I sort of look at Fi as Navi on steroids. I think a simliar paralel can be drawn with Navi and Midna. Each of the latter is similar in ways to the former, but gets a lot more screen time. Midna actually has a personality, though in my opinion it can be a little much, and Fi won't shut up about your fucking batteries for hours before they actually die and actually pushed my brother over the edge to suicide two years ago.
>>
>>271355623
Really? You can explain the sword, but you can't explain the shield?
There's no mystery behind the Hero's Shield. It's a different shield to the Hylian Shield, that's all, likely given to him for informing the Royal Family of Ganondorf's intentions after he returned to the past.
What IS a mystery is how the Clock Town General Store sells them wholesale.
>>
>>271355801
Wasn't majora a dragon?

Or am I just remembering things that didn't happen again...?
>>
>>271355768
Irrelevant, Link is dead, hi mwanderign that forest and fallign down the hole is part of his subconcious, and while he may have died with the body of an adult due to the time travel shit, his mind was still that if a kid.

Him being dead is also the only valid reason why he "lost" navi.

isnt it funny how Taetl and totl are the only 2 fairies that actually look like Link's image of fairies? The other ones look weird and orange

Hint, they're both part of link's subconcious. Taetl is the part that he hated, the part that always annoyed him and reprimanded him. Totl is the nice part that helped him out alot.
>>
>>271353624

Its about survival of the fittest
>>
>>271355869
Well, in Midna's case, the entire plot is about her. She's the headlining character, moreso than even Link. I'm okay with that though, because it was a little different, at least until Ganondorf showed up anyway.

Navi is almost entirely removed from the plot. Moreso than any Zelda companion since.
>>
>>271356203
The only reason Navi and Link met was because the Deku Tree was fucked and sent Navi to awoken Link to come save him.

When Zelda sent Link back in time, the Deku Tree was saved from Ganon's curse so Navi never met Link in the first place.
>>
File: 10-04.jpg (240 KB, 700x1047) Image search: [Google]
10-04.jpg
240 KB, 700x1047
>>271356084
Depends on what you believe.
>>
>>271356203
While you're wrong and dumb for a lot of reasons, I additionally wanted to point out that the fairies you can find that aren't part of the Great Fairies are all the pink glowing bottle-able balls of light from OoT.
>>
>>271356341
Linebeck best companion.

I want him in Smash 4 but I know thats only a dream.
>>
>>271356065
Do you start the game with the shield?

Regardless, I always believed that the lack of the Triforce on the shield was another example of parallel universe wackiness. The same way all the people Link knew exist there but are different characters, the shield exists there too but lacks the Triforce which is a symbol apparently only known to or respected by people of Hyrule.
>>
>>271336060
I find it interesting that before this announcement there was literally no fucking way in hell we could discuss MM. Now you guys are forced to, good it's a great game.
>>
>>271356508
Yeah, you start with the shield.
>>
>>271347206
>Koizumi will never work on Zelda again
;_;
>>
>>271356397
It's fairly likely that Link was sent back to a point where Ganondorf had already cursed the Deku Tree.
If she had sent him back earlier than that, there'd be two Links and two Navis running around.
Learn to time travel mechanics
>>
>>271356203
If we're going by that, then isn't likely that Skull Kid, Tingle, Kafai, and maybe the Fierce Deity represent certain aspects of himself?

Tingle representing childhood nostalgia, the Skull Kid is the resentment he felt after losing his friends, Kafei is the confusion he had from gaining the mentality and responsibilities of an adult after OoT, Fierce Deity being the personification of his heroic deeds and sacrifice and so on?

And to a further extent, the transformation masks?
>>
>>271356643
We talked about it plenty, it's a very popular game on /v/.

According to a fairly recent survey, it's /v/'s favorite game of all time.

I'd love to know the confidence interval on that.
>>
>>271356508
You not only start the game with the shield, but Link is also wearing the shield during the flashback sequence.
>>
>>271356769
The anger that welled within me when I read that Iwata Asks where Koizumi asked Aonuma to trade Zelda for Mario for a game and Aonuma laughs and rejects him without even considering it.
>>
File: 1413726848228.jpg (560 KB, 1000x799) Image search: [Google]
1413726848228.jpg
560 KB, 1000x799
Reminder that Link did not die on Termina nor the forest and he came back to Hyrule and became a knight.
Anything else is bullshit.
>>
>>271356873
Really? Because I remember very clearly MM being shot the fuck down, and I mean SHOT DOWN ANYTIME it was brought up.
>>
>>271356791
But what would the point of that be? Wouldn't Link just relive everything that happened to him?

I see it as:
>Link is sent back in time, BEFORE Navi.
>Link knows Navi came from somewhere in the Kokiri Forest.
>Goes looking for her in Lost Forest.
>Gets lost
>Skull Kid / Death

The only hole in that theory is that the Deku Tree is very easy to locate...

Mido confirmed for true village
>>
>>271356643
Sounds like you're new.

MM was talked about to hell and back before 2009-2011. Basically before WW and TP kiddies took over.
>>
>>271356978
Whenever I read who contributed what to certain Zelda games, I find consistently that the guy with the coolest ideas was Koizumi, and the guy that implements things I hate is Anouma. Not to say Anouma has done literally nothing right, but I wish Koizumi wasn't forced to do Mario
>>
>>271355002

Link had the hilt of the Kokiri sword redone to be stronger before he left Hyrule to look for Navi.
>>
>>271356873
It did win that one strawpoll that had over 2000 voters on it about the favorite Zelda game period.
It's my personal favorite game of all time. But I can totally understand if it isn't others
>>
>>271356084
it was never clarified, but it did look like a small dragon.
>>
>>271357161
Anouma would make an intersting Mario game.
>>
>>271357069
Except that's not what happens. Link is sent back to the Master Sword's chamber in the Temple of Time, with Navi right next to him.
>>
>>271357161
Koizumi was a genius with Zelda and a genius with Mario. I think they have Koizumi heading Mario because in the end it's Nintendo's most important franchise. They just can't have him working on both at once.

The thought of them trading off for a game is fucking great though, and Aonuma probably laughed it off because he knows Koizumi would make a better Zelda and that Aonuma would probably fuck up Mario.
>>
>>271355002
He took it to a blacksmith before going for navy, a wood hilt is not the best choice for a sword.
>>
>>271356978
Over the years, I've always gotten the impression that Aonuma and Koizumi never liked each other. I think Aonuma is jealous of Koizumi's talent, while Koizumi is jealous of Aonuma's position. Co-directing probably didn't work so well between them.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 46

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.