[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hyrule Warriors
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 236
Thread images: 23
File: Hyrule Warriors.jpg (246 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Hyrule Warriors.jpg
246 KB, 1280x720
How about a Hyrule Warriors tips and tricks thread? About 60% done with adventure mode, and I'm starting to see more and more challenging battles. So I'll share what I've learned so far, while wrecking shit and having my ass handed to me in equal measures, and maybe someone else will join in, too.

>Hold down A for a short time to start sprinting instantly. Reducing down time and drastically boosting mobility in fights. Sprinting will let you catch up to captains you accidentally knocked away, to get the Weak Point Smash in before it's too late.
>Pretty much every warriors has a combo that wrecks the Weak Point Gauge of bosses - like Midna's C3 (BBY), or Zelda's C5 (BBBBY) - since it seems to be more about the amount of hits you get in, than the actual damage you do.
>Most standard attacks, and some combos, can be cancelled out of with A. More importantly, a lot of animations can be cancelled out of the same way. Like Midna's wolf de-summon, which otherwise leaves her vulnerably and immobile for a short while.
>Damage comes from two sources; weapons and character level. Weapons add attack damage depending on the number of stars they have. They also come in 3 levels, and a difference in level will make the star count irrelevant in a comparison. Character level seems to matter less, but about 20 levels will still give about equal attack damage to one higher weapon level. So when you find a battle that requires a character you just recently unlocked, try finding a higher level weapon first, as just leveling them up probably won't be enough.
>Hold LZ to block. I have yet to figure out the purpose for this feature.
>Manhandla is fucking overpowered. If you get caught in front of its seed spitting attack, there's a good chance it will make short work of even your strongest warrior. Stay the fuck away until it's open to counter-attack.
>The Imprisoned is, if possible, even more annoying in HW than in SS. But a Special attack can take out all the toes if aimed well.
>>
>Shoot the light arrows, and quickly tap A in conjunction with ZR to cancel out of the firing animation and go back into shooting, spam this button press to spam light arrows
>Premature magic specials, if hit, automatically drop giant bosses down to their vulnerable states
>>
>>269344449
>(BBY)
>Most standard attacks, and some combos, can be cancelled out of with A.
I think most people probably use the default control scheme with the attacks being Y and X and the dodge roll being B.

>Hold LZ to block. I have yet to figure out the purpose for this feature.
>Manhandla is fucking overpowered. If you get caught in front of its seed spitting attack, there's a good chance it will make short work of even your strongest warrior. Stay the fuck away until it's open to counter-attack.
You just answered your own question. Manhandla's seed attack is one of the few good uses for the block.
>>
The DLC Master Quest map has some excellent spots for farming experience, rupees, materials and weapons.

The best I've seen are A-8 (bottom left corner) and P-3 (third from the top on the right edge).
>>
>>269345250
First Musou game for me since the PS2, so I just picked the Zelda control scheme without thinking. Should have mentioned that.

It's rare that I face a Manhandla straight on - I usually dash off and wait until I can boomerang it. But on some "get XXX KOs in XX minutes" levels they keep sneaking up on me while I'm trying to ignore them. Maybe I should try to get familiar with blocking.
>>
>>269345225
>>Premature magic specials, if hit, automatically drop giant bosses down to their vulnerable states
Don't really understand what you mean.

I sometimes use specials to avoid taking damage, however, since you're invulnerable during the entire animation. If I fuck up against a boss or captain, it's a great way to flip the table.

>>269345674
Haven't bought any DLC yet, but that's good to know.
>>
>>269346628
>Don't really understand what you mean.
He means the Focus Spirit. If you use the Special button to blow your gauge during it, the blast will drop most bosses and expose their weak point gauges.
>>
>>269346975
Really? Even against bosses like Gohma and Manhandla, who are basically invulnerable until their weak spots show?
>>
>>269347290
Yes.
>>
>>269344449
>>Hold LZ to block. I have yet to figure out the purpose for this feature.
>>Manhandla is fucking overpowered.

GEE MAYBE THAT IF YOU FUCKING BLOCKED IT WOULDN'T BE THAT HARD LOL
>>
>>269346975
Speaking of Focus Spirit, you can use it to shred a "barrier" keep quickly in Adventure Mode without taking damage and without needing to use the fairy to clear the barrier. This is especially helpful on maps with only one fairy but two keeps with barriers.

>>269347290
I think there are a couple conditions where it won't work on Manhandla, like when it goes berserk and thrashes around, but I could be wrong. It works very well on bosses like Dodongo and Gohma, although Gohma is usually pretty easy to wait out for the right arrow moment.
>>
>>269347478
Holy shit, I had no idea. Guess I'll actually start paying attention to when the magic jar transporters spawn. That's pretty huge.
>>
>>269347780
>Speaking of Focus Spirit, you can use it to shred a "barrier" keep quickly in Adventure Mode without taking damage and without needing to use the fairy to clear the barrier. This is especially helpful on maps with only one fairy but two keeps with barriers.
I've actually done that at times, when there's either two barriers or the fairy keep is on the other end of the map. Pretty rare I use focus spirit for its intended function, unless I'm farming.
>>
When you use the Magic Gauge there are two different finishers, if you do the Special attack during it or if you wait for the bar to deplenish.
What are the differences between the two? If I'm not mistaken, the deplenishing one is always an AoE attack but is there any other big difference?
>>
>>269347780
>shred a "barrier" keep quickly in Adventure Mode without taking damage and without needing to use the fairy to clear the barrier
Now that's good to know. I hadn't thought of trying that. Guess I ought to boost the duration of those for more characters.
>>
>Not blocking Zant's attacks to make him reveal his weakpoint
>>
>>269348519
>Guess I ought to boost the duration of those for more characters.
Eventually, yes, although you probably want to boost keep capture itself first, as it's more useful more often. Remember that a Focus Spirit gauge in use will get a boost for each level of kill bonus you reach during it. That will usually give you more than enough time to clear a keep, even without a fully upgraded Focus Spirit gauge. The MOST IMPORTANT upgrade you can give your characters is probably weak point breaking speed.
>>
>>269348493
I honestly thought they were the same. But I didn't know how useful the premature detonation could be, so I rarely used it.

Speaking of, there's a medal for 500 KOs during one Focus - what's a good map for trying that? I got the 100 KOs in one special (by accident, no less) in a "all attacks are devastating" fight, since I just leave cannon fodder behind and they end up bunching up. But I doubt I can get to 500 in time...
>>
>>269348918
>not knocking him off of his totem pole with a boomerang to stun him and reveal his gauge
>>
I just unlocked Zant. He's fun as shit; spin2win, clear keeps with his fucking GOAT combos, but whats the best way to take down the shields of giant monsters? It's easy enough to destroy the shields on officers and such, but I can't think of the fastest way to take down the big ones, usually takes me three to fully break it.
>>
>>269348993
Oh yeah, Stamina Fruit is always my priority. My Impa's got it maxed out, and she's better than Link who has 10 levels and a weapon tier on her.

Speaking of, does Link gain experience faster than other characters or his rapid leveling because he has stronger weapons-->more kills? Me and a buddy noticed he seemed to be growing faster than the other characters we used.
>>
>>269349114
That one can be a stressful chore to accomplish in the regular game, but the very first KO Count mission on the Master Quest map will let you do this pretty easily. Just kill a few officers and transport captains to litter the field with magic jars, then use one and off you go. Keep attacking until you hit all the bonuses, then work your way to the jars on the field one at a time to keep it going until you hit 500 kills.
>>
>>269349410
>Speaking of, does Link gain experience faster than other characters or his rapid leveling because he has stronger weapons-->more kills? Me and a buddy noticed he seemed to be growing faster than the other characters we used.
I didn't really keep track. I just thought it was because I was using him a lot. He did seem to rocket up the levels for me.
>>
So basically the reward maps are useless?
>>
>>269347780
As a side note, you can cross through a barried keep without taking damage by just constantly evading through it by mashing evade.
>>
>>269349717
They're good for farming, especially for specific rare materials. On the first map, mill around killing mooks and palookas for about 4 minutes, then head to the keep where Midna is to ally with her. All of the other characters will have been chipped down to low health while they were still in yellow status, so you can finish them off easily.
>>
File: HW.jpg (335 KB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
HW.jpg
335 KB, 854x480
I didn't like Ruto's T3 mission that much.
>>
>>269349979
>dodging even works on magical barriers
That is hilarious and useful to know.
>>
Anyone knows a tip or trick to get A rank on that one mission where you need to get 1000 kills in 10 minutes and 4 imprisoned ones will spawn?
>>
The hard mode Skultulla in Lake Hylia is gonna make me throw my controller. Shiek can't hold her shit against "Zelda". Got Dododongo down to a sliver of health then I see Shiek has fled the battle. Fuck this one.
>>
>>269349529
Eh, that's a bit annoying. I think about 200 is my record right now, and that was under really fortunate conditions. It seems they set the bar a bit high on this one.

>>269349410
>Speaking of, does Link gain experience faster than other characters or his rapid leveling because he has stronger weapons-->more kills?
I think so. Once I got my lvl 2 weapon on Mind, her C3 just wrecks rows and rows of monsters. Ended up leveling her at an insane rate, and I have to assume it was because of the sheer number of KOs.
>>
>>269350194
I finally unlocked a No Healing weapon skill for her which should boost her damage. I'm going to give that mission another shot today.

The boost from the Defenseless skill seems like one of the best to me, as blocking is only useful in a couple situations
>>
>>269350331
I just got up to that corner. I can't A rank that or the fucking quiz there yet. I can't even reach Link's T3 fairy mission yet.
>>
I saw on the official nintendo twitter earlier that this game is gonna get amiibo support, but I found no more info about it. Anyone know how that's even gonna work?
>>
What are the best weapon skills you can get and how do you get them?
>>
File: Troops.jpg (326 KB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
Troops.jpg
326 KB, 854x480
Sometimes it's just fun to let your army do stuff.
>>269350605
We have no idea.
>>
>>269350605
Maybe through AFK farming? Guess you'll just have friendly warriors join your side, being useless as usual.
>>
>>269350394
That one is a bitch. Just remember to save your game before shit goes down. Sheik as an NPC ally is a useless sack of potatoes in that mission. You'll want to clear out mooks and outpost captains from anywhere near her before Zelda appears. The Skulltula shows up at the top of the cliff on the top center of the map. Reach it from the path on the upper right.
>>
>>269350772
Currently I go for Slots+, Stars+, Materials+, Element+ (if it matches the element of the weapon or character, like Light on Zelda), Experience+ in that order. But I only have up to 4 slot weapons so far. No lvl 3 stuff at all.
>>
>>269350772

This is the stuff I really want to know, and cant find out.

there's so many skills, but I feel like half of them are worthless. I was trying to experiement to see if I got any more damage out of the "strength III IV V etc" skills, but... it really didn't seem noticable. Same with the +element skills, the effects of elements themselves seem mostly worthless, and only the bonus damage parts of elements seem of any real worth. +strong attack also, didn't seem to do much
>>
How do you get the VS skills
I use the fucking potions and I've never ever seen one
>>
>>269350578
At least I got A rank on the trial mission. I used Link with his T3 sword and I was very very careful. Using his Light element on his sword is an advantage in that mission.
>>
>>269351202
Usually have to unlock them by grinding out the weapon. I've seen them on 2-3k kill requirements

Unless you've already been doing that, then you have shitty luck
>>
>>269351389
Well shit luck would be par for the course for me.
Fuck I hate how addicted I am to this game
>>
>>269351202

VS skills are from 2000 kill unlocks.
>>
>try to block right before the enemy hits to do critical damage like in every other Dyntasy Warriors game.
>doesnt work

Yes I mad
>>
>>269350772
Materials+, Stars+, Slots+ are all essential and should show up frequently with some grinding.

Defenseless and No Healing are excellent for boosting damage. I think those are always locked at first, so you'll have to get 1000 to 3000 kills to even see if you got them.

It's frustrating since 90% of locked skills are either of limited use or are not worth it at all. Sturdy Feet and Regen should go right in the trash.
>>
>>269349275
His c2(?) where he summons a mask that spins around rapid firing.
Bosses are so big that the mask spawns right inside them so every shot hits.
>>
>>269351579

Wait, so No Healing has a positive effect? I thought I was being punished. I got it on a 5-slot 5 star T2 weapon for impa and it unlocked and I was like: "oh , I guess its a tradeoff for having a super strong weapon."
>>
>>269351579
>Sturdy Feet and Regen should go right in the trash.
Also any item booster other than Bombs+ is a waste of a slot.
>>
>>269351587
That makes sense, thanks guy.
>>
How the fuck do you do Zelda's Rank 2 Baton stage?

Shit is so dumb.
>>
Are they ever planning balance tweaks? A couple of the characters need a hand, and I really wish the items, like bow and boomerang and the like were more effective/viable

I dont even touch them outside of monster bosses, or giant bombs with the bomb powerful, and it makes me feel really down, it was such a cool idea to have them.
>>
>>269351894
Once you reach a higher level of skill, you'll be begging to find No Healing and Defenseless. The boosts they give more than make up for what they take away. To A Rank most Adventure Mode missions and find the second Skulltulas, healing is irrelevant anyways. You need to avoid damage, not heal it. No Healing and Defenseless will help you do as much damage to enemies as possible as quickly as possible.
>>
>>269350416
>they set the bar a bit high
Not really, I've seen people hit 1k easily in just the base game only.
>>
>>269352025
You can just use the rapier if you like. Fight the red army that charges your base first and beat up the yellow army after.

Also, Volga's attacks do a lot damage so be careful while fighting him.
>>
>>269352413

how much of a "boost" do they give, though, since there's next to no numbers in the game to track? is it some invisible amount, or does it actually add stars, etc etc?
>>
>>269352559
I don't know the amount of boost, but it's quite noticeable. We're still waiting on FAQs to come out with detailed stats for everything.
>>
>>269352025
kill wizzro immediately
kill the messenger that jumps down the other ledge
kill volga
recapture the upper keeps
kill the other messenger left
kill the yellow commander just right where you started
kill ghirahim
kill the yellow marshal
win
>>
Bombs launch enemies toward you, allowing you to follow up with juggling attacks.
Arrows stun the target for a brief moment, which while not especially handy by itself, will extend the duration of their weakness mode window if you hit them during it, which can be handy if you're not close enough to attack.
Boomerangs make the target dizzy for a moment, leaving them open to an attack, which can be useful in particular for Midna, who needs to be able to grab enemies to power up, and major enemies will generally resist being grabbed unless dizzy.
The Hookshot will always be followed up with the character's C2, so how useful this is depends on a character per character basis. For example, the hookshot positions Lana in the perfect position to land her entire C2 combo.
>>
File: 1398822532182.jpg (51 KB, 400x379) Image search: [Google]
1398822532182.jpg
51 KB, 400x379
>Fighting Imprisoned and two mini-Imprisoned with Agitha

Why do so many of her missions also have her fighting Volga? She's fucking terrible for that asshole.
>>
This may sound obvious, but PAY ATTENTION TO THE NOTICES YOU GET DURING BATTLES.

You should pause frequently to asses the situation. Check on your Allied Keep and any mission-critical allies. Check the locations and/or trajectories of major/special officers, and make a plan for taking them down quickly and efficiently.
>>
>>269352743
>Kill the things the game tells you to kill

Real helpful.
>>
>>269353117
That's pretty much it though. The mission isn't as difficult as you people make it out to be.
>>
>>269351489
Get a friend. You can half your map time and work on grinding multiple weapon skills/characters at the same time. I'm working on Zelda and my buddy's maining Sheik and we've got half a dozen weapons with unlockable skills between us.
>>
In any mission where there are two armies, be sure to pause and take a look at what the composition of the two armies are.
Almost every two army mission will have a mechanic where each army will receive a morale boost as the other is defeated, so it will always be the best strategy to focus on the strongest army first, even in co-op.
>>
>>269352279
>>269353032
Arrows can really fuck up certain enemies like Poes. Hit them when they're doing a special attack, and it will backfire on them badly.

Hookshot works well to screw over flying enemies like Aeralfos.

Bombs can help if you're having a hellish time with Moblins
>>
>>269353343
I normally play with my brother but he's fucked off to Montreal for the week so gotta do stuff on my own.
Getting weapons is easier with two people, but unlocking skills is much easier on your own.
>>
>>269353441
>Moblins
How?
>>
Guys, I need your honest and unbiased opinion.

I don't own a Wii U (yet) but I wanna know how this compares to DW8, SW4 and WO3 in all aspects.

I can already see the maps are shit and the roster is small but it still seems nice at least, so please tell me.

And please refrain from shittalking the other musou games.
>>
>>269353570
launches them into the air, just juggle them to death from there. Works pretty well if you're not too good at punishing the weak spot, or you cant break it quickly enough
>>
>>269353570
Launching them into the air for juggles, foiling their blocking, chipping away at their spongy asses, I think. I haven't tested them fully on all Moblin situations.
>>
>>269352279
There need to be more hookshot points. Right now it's just there to hide the odd skulltula. I want to see jumping between opposite keeps, yanking down aerial enemies (for weakpoints, natch), grabbing secrets and bringing down fleeing enemies.

>>269353541
Depends on the mission. All attacks devestating is great for grinding skills.
>>
>>269351894
You don't check descriptions, right? They tell you it raises damage.
>>
>>269353827
>Depends on the mission. All attacks devestating is great for grinding skills.
I just meant because with two people a lot less enemies show up on screen at once.
I suppose in the end it all balances out, but it feels faster when I do it on my own.
>>
>>269353827
>All attacks devastating
>Sheik unlocks
>C4 and then Strong Attack
>Run around in circles
>>
Lynel captains when?
>>
>>269353827
I wish we could use the hookshot to jump up ANY ledge, not just the ones they want us to jump up. Unless I'm doing something wrong and we can.
>>
Any magic collected in Focus Mode will be used to extend your current focus mode duration.
If you still have plenty of time left and are sitting in front of a full magic bottle, you can throw a boomerang at it, run over to where there are more enemies, and the boomerang will bring the magic with you.
>>
>>269353842

You can do that? The hell, how? I've googled all my skill descriptions so far
>>
>>269353062
Agatha is actually amazing versus everyone. You just need to know the butterfly trick.
>>
>>269353975

I know right? And it would have been cool to see Goriyas and some other enemies that have never shown up in a 3D game yet.

Sadly I dont think im gonna get my hopes up.
>>
>>269354228
How about you tell me? I can handle most other characters, but Volga wrecks me when I try to play as her.
>>
>>269353926
Oh yeah, that. Just stick together. Doesn't quite put as many enemies in front of you as 1P, but there's more than if you split up.

>>269354161
Press X on the weapon screen. Or the Warrior information weapon screen. Or the Smithy screen has them naturally highlighted.
>>
What does "Defenseless" do?

Hasn't dropped for me.
>>
>>269353032
Moblins: weak to bombs
Poes/Redead weak to arrows
Lizalfos/Dinolfos?
Ferrus/Scary spooky skeletons?
>>
>>269354389
First of all her launcher is amazing. It completely destroys most boss gauges in one hit and has huge airtime on it. Launch him, then do your C4 and get on your butterfly. Weak attack thrice then strong attack. Rinse and repeat. If you're feeling extra saucy you can do your C3 as a trap for him.
>>
>>269354654
The attack on the butterfly doesn't seem to do a goddamn thing, and by launcher do you mean C2?
>>
File: WiiU_screenshot_TV_017D8.jpg (471 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
WiiU_screenshot_TV_017D8.jpg
471 KB, 1280x720
If "all attacks are devastating!" is giving you trouble, the baton works wonders.
C1 opens with a spreadshot that tears through crowds with ease. Simply use dodges to cancel out of the tornado follow up and go to town.
>>
>>269350194
I didn't like any Ruto mission that much. Ruto is the worst fighter, next to Shiek.
>>
>>269354785
This is because the butterfly attacks and only hits in the air.
C4 sends forward a tornado that will hold them up there in practically the perfect position to tear them apart with butterflies.
>>
>>269354536
I'm a retard, how do the weapons affect the monsters and are their specific times you should use them for them to be effective?
>>
>>269354507
It raises the amount of damage you do but disables your blocking ability. It's a very good skill.
>>
File: 1410535282038.jpg (52 KB, 500x385) Image search: [Google]
1410535282038.jpg
52 KB, 500x385
>>269354834
>Sheik
>Bad fighter

Sheik is easymode buddy. A passive block, her default string wrecks crowds, C2 can juggle forever, and C6 can clear a keep in one shot.
>>
>>269354796
Or just use the bow and roll, roll, roll.
>>
>>269354834
>next to Sheik
Sheik is amazing. Not "Link with perfect Master Sword" or "Ganondorf" amazing, but Sheik starts killing and never stops.
>>
>>269351195
Elements are "explained" in a loading screen hint. Water has an AoE effect, fire does extra damage when enemies hit the ground, lightning when they're in the air (some weird shit, all of that). Lightning and Darkness do more damage the more you hit an enemy, so they seem much, much more suitable for captains. And it does seem like, if I use Zelda's Light combos, Darkness based warriors (like Wizzro) will go down quicker. But it's really hard to really measure, since the level of the battles themselves vary.
>>
>>269355117
Also acceptable if you can't be Zelda, but the tornado spread shot covers a larger area and can be thrown out faster.
It also makes said missions a really great place to grind kills to unlock seals on the baton.
>>
>>269354834
>Ruto is the worst fighter, next to Shiek.
Sheik is an unstoppable death machine. C2 to make the water note, then C1 to put up a water shield. Repeat as necessary to refresh the shield. It absorbs 4 hearts of damae. I just finished a tough full-scale battle mission with a total of 12 damage sustained. Not 12 hearts. Literally 12 damage.
>>
>>269355150
Is Ganondorf really that good? He is unbeatable at clearing keeps but otherwise he is okay I guess.
>>
File: 1414092338943.jpg (212 KB, 658x487) Image search: [Google]
1414092338943.jpg
212 KB, 658x487
How do I make zant less of a fucker to fight?
Takes me forever to kick his ass compared to any other character
>>
>>269354994
Enemies weak to arrows will be stunned for much longer when hit with them in weakness mode.
This is handy if you can't get behind a Poe when it does one of its attacks as it will buy you enough time to get close enough to finish off the gauge.
>>
>>269354994
Besides the most obvious effect (hit fatbling with bomb, juggle to death) if you hit them when they glow blue, charging their attack, it backfires on them and shows their weak bar.
>>
>>269355548
Block his combos.
>>
>>269351964
Any item other than bombs are a waste of time, as well. I actually got a badge or two that buffed the duration of other item power-ups, before it hit me how utterly useless they are.

But it seems some enemies have weaknesses that can be exploited by the items? The flying fucks can be pulled down with a hookshot - it even gave me a Weak Point Gauge a few times. And the moblins are weak to bombs, though I can't tell if there's any effect from that. Anyone know how all that stuff work?
>>
>>269353705
Haven't played an official Musou in years (and didn't like it much when I did), but HW is probably the best of the licensed Musous. It doesn't have as much content as Gundam or as many characters as One Piece, but it feels like a more complete package than either. You'll get more out of it if you're a Zelda fan, but it's very nearly worth the price of a Wii U if you are one and have a friend who is one.

Shit's fun, yo.

>>269355520
Dorf is a killer. My buddy's first time using him he manhandled Volga and Wizro at the same time for kicks and giggles without getting hit once.
>>
>>269355548
Block combos, use boomerang when he climbs the pole. Be ready for when his gauge shows. You don't see it for long.
>>
>>269355548
Sustain a block against his combos such as the totem pole and the mask.
>>
>>269355548
Zant runs off of the same meter mechanic he has when you play as him.
As he uses his combos he builds up a meter and if he tries to use combos when the meter is full, he'll go dizzy and vulnerable.
The trick to NPC Zant is that he doesn't spam his combos unless he is actually hitting you, so block and he will keep going and go dizzy faster.
>>
File: 1401150265748.png (129 KB, 195x221) Image search: [Google]
1401150265748.png
129 KB, 195x221
I have come to the conclusion that Zant's T3 mission is decently difficult to get an A rank, but fucking impossible to get the 2nd Skulltula.
>>
Hylian Captain is in danger
>>269355910
When an enemy flashes blue and does it's super attack, if you use the correct weapon against them it causes the attack to fail and they will do aoe damage to their allies closeby.
Example: When a Poe is charging it's Beam if you arrow it it will send 4 beams in different directions hitting it's allies.
>>
>>269347504
Your defense get shattered in like 3 hits.
>>
>>269355910
>Anyone know how all that stuff work?
Read down a few more posts. There's been several explanations.
>>
>>269356067
Is it just me or does Zant have an overall higher health value than the others as well?
>>
>>269353062
>Volga
I hate him so much. Most attacks aren't followed by weakness, and he has sick range. Really annoying to fight again.
>>
>>269349121
If that's true, holy shit

They forget that the knights of Skyloft wear the hero's tunic, that Ghirahim was the leader of those red bokoblins(in Cia's story he uses Bulbins) but they think of that?
>>
>>269355910
If you nail a Poe with an arrow while it's charging an attack it'll get knocked out of that and damage enemies around it. If you hookshot an airborne Aerolfos while it's attacking it'll come out of the attack and show its weakpoint.

Like I said earlier, there needs to be more item use. What we have now is a start, if there is a HW2 this needs to be expanded on.
>>
>No Shadow Beast captains
>No Like-Likes
>No Octoroks
>>
>>269356639
Wait for the sequel. This is a good start.

Or it could be DLC based. Wouldn't that be a kick.
>>
File: WiiU_screenshot_TV_017D8.jpg (463 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
463 KB, 1280x720
If you hit enemies with the item they are weak to when they are doing their super, it will cause a backfire.
Arrows will cause Liza/Dinolfos to breathe fire on enemies.
>>
>>269356639
The game was pretty lacking in terms of creatures. OOT had a fantastic selection of enemies, but fuckign moblins and bokoblins (the ugliest fucking enemies in the entire series) over and over again was just awful.
>>
>>269351364

Only against Zant Which admittedly is the biggest pain but I kept accidentally killing Darunia instead of Zelda because of it
>>
>>269352743
I kill Ghirahim straight after Wizzro and the messenger but yeah, and then light arrow Volga from a distance and let the yellows weaken him
>>
>>269350605
Maybe you can train the AI to be not shit?
>>
>>269357283
I think my Zelda was level 17 when I did that mission.
>>
File: WiiU_screenshot_TV_017D8.jpg (479 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
479 KB, 1280x720
A hookshot during an Aeralfos' super will cause them to light themselves on fire and blow enemies away with a tornado created in the panic.
>>
Fuck everything about the "kill (over 500) enemies in ten minutes!"
They're literally impossible.
Every 100 enemies a new boss spawns. And having THREE motherfucking Manhandlas on your ass is literal hell.
>>
>>269357468
Oh shit, you fool go kill that chicken before it consumes all.
>>
>>269356926
>>269357468
HAHA holy shit, I knew about the arrow backfires against enemies, but I hadn't tried that hookshot one.
>>
>>269357579
Empowered Gohma and/or Wizzro is much worse.
>>
>>269357468
The same applies to Bombs on Moblins and Arrows on Poes.
>>
>>269357664
I am going to go bomb a Moblin when it's winding up for a super. I must try this tonight.
>>
>>269356926
So Scaliefos are weak to arrows, what about Ferrus?
>>
>>269344449
Is there any way to deal with Zant effectively.
This little nigger never does moves that create a weak point gauge
>>
>>269357579
>Manhandlas on your ass is literal hell.
Easy mode burh.
Get good

Wait till you get 3 gohmas or 3 imprisioned.
Gohmas moves so fast that they can catch up to you very quickly and impris is so big thatthey swarm you and block the damn camera
>>
>>269356404
Keep attacking him and he will retaliate with his C1 which always shows his weak point
>>
>>269357814
See >>269356067.
>>
>>269357814
See
>>269356067
>>
>>269357579
How the nigger do you deal with gohmas on those levels?

I can't even A rank with Master sword link on 600+ enemies
>>
>>269357642
Empowered Manhandlas after your ass is survival horror at it's finest.
>>
>>269357853
There is nothing worse then getting the camera trapped INSIDE of Imprisoned's hollow body.
>>
>>269357915
>>269357926
K, thanks, time to get that A rank.
>>
>>269357971
Nigga git gud, Link's spin attack racks up kills really fast.
Spam that shit forever.
>>
>>269357971
Just put an arrow through its face. Go clean up the area while they're stunned and move on
>>
>>269357971
Have a friend be Link with my 4 star 8-Bit Sword. The Gohmas chase after P1. So I play Sheik/whoever has the A rank reward and run in circles while he racks up the kills.
>>
>>269353032
>>269353441
Good to know. I need to try using the items more.
>>
>>269357971

Stand back Master, There's a 95% chance I will frag these Charlies
>>
>>269358196
Fi IS OP as fuck.
Except on that kill all the enemies mission. You know the one.
It's fucking hell.
>>
I am playing the Ursurper King mission from the DLC..
Where you fight Zant and Midna, after I kill Midna Zant runs away, but all ways to him are closed so he just escapes and I cant fucking do anything

What do I need to do here?
>>
>>269358196
Fi is the best NPC ally by far.
>>
>>269358428
Kill Zant first.
>>
>>269358501
I restarted and did that, I kill Zant but he runs away after half HP, then I go kill Midna cause I have to, then he reappears and runs away again
>>
volgas flame breath combo can destroy all of the imprisoned's toes in one go if you aim it right
>>
>>269358428
Kill Argorok or Agitha.
>>
>>269358428

Quickly take down Argorok and persue his ass
>>
When listening to music in the gallery, L or R will allow you to listen to the different versions of the song that play depending on where you are or what you are doing.
Most songs at least have a version for when you are in an enemy base and when you are using focus spirit.
>>
>Playing with Zelda controls
>Not Warriors controls

Disgusting.
>>
>>269358410
>>269358476
Makes you wonder why the Skyward Sword era people had problems with Ghirahim. Fi could have cleared the surface alone.
>>
>Tfw halfway through Adventure Mode map. Having hell on some missions.
At least I'm almost done...
NOPE.
>Motherfucking MQ map. As well as one more map per every DLC pack.
Fuck life. I'll never get anyrhing done.
>>
>>269357579
Have fun till you get to the mission with 4 imprisoend ones and 1000 enemies in 10 minutes.
>>
>>269358789
Seeing Ghirahim getting his shit beat by a mo'fucking ballerina is always hilarious.
>>
>>269358621
Oh shit, I was too slow on taking him down..

managed to do it now
>>
Does this game actually forces you to level up to max your characters?
Because Agitha sure as hell does.
Bitch is fucking useless.
>>
>>269358936
>Having to kill 100+ enemies a minute.
What the fuck.
>>
File: WiiU_screenshot_GamePad_017D8.jpg (338 KB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
WiiU_screenshot_GamePad_017D8.jpg
338 KB, 854x480
The base reward for a Network Link is 50,000 Rupees and a predetermined weapon of the highest level you've unlocked.
If the link is a Miiverse friend of yours, then they might get 50,000 rupees and a buff to exp growth in their next mission if you win.
>>
File: Lucina sad.png (434 KB, 514x450) Image search: [Google]
Lucina sad.png
434 KB, 514x450
>>269358196
>Fi will never rate your lovemaking performance as 'average'
>>
File: umjammerlammy[1].jpg (263 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
umjammerlammy[1].jpg
263 KB, 640x480
>>269358827
>all I have left if the top left corner
>blocked off by T3 Agitha and Zant
>>
>>269359361

average no. 'primitive' yes.

and since she doesn't shut up, she would let you know exactly what you're doing wrong. that sort of communication is very valuable in a lover. its too bad she doesn't have a vagina
>>
>>269359354
Yo what the fuck, why have I never seen that option? Do I need friends with a Wii U?
>>
>>269356206
>>269356575
That is so good to know, thanks.
>>
File: WiiU_screenshot_TV_017D8.jpg (496 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
496 KB, 1280x720
>>269359727
The setting is off by default.
>>
Knowing regular Warriors games get multiple sequels; how many do you think this one will get before people start getting bored of them?
I'd say 2 or 3.
>>
File: 5yOIhcH.gif (2 MB, 288x268) Image search: [Google]
5yOIhcH.gif
2 MB, 288x268
>not maining volga

what are you doing?
YYYX fucking clears keeps INSTANTLY
>>
>>269359354
I've had a Network Link with a gold material as the reward before
>>
>>269359940
This is what I get for not reading the manual I guess.

>>269360024
I see one more before Nintendo moves on to the next console. If they manage to learn from this it'll probably be the Warriors game that makes non-Warriors fans take notice.
>>
I've got a question:
What the fuck kind of items does Volga and Ghirahim need for their Kokiri sword badges?
It's bothering me quite a lot that those two are so far my only two characters without attack badges.
>>
>>269355548

Just stay close to him and continue to block until he uses one of his combo moves.

He'll continuously use it if you stay within his range which makes him overdo it and bring up his weak point gauge.
>>
>>269360179

I think you mean YYYYX
>>
>>269360341
>jumping straight into a game without configuring with the options first
>>
>>269357869
Huh, I'll try that.
>>
Once an enemy has been launched or hit in the air by an electric attack, all additional attacks on them before they touch ground again will do boosted damage, even for example, attacks done by a second player in co-op.
While a bit more difficult to time, this means Agitha can do more damage with her butterfly combo if she chains into it off of one of her beetle launchers, as the beetle does electric damage.
>>
>>269360526
you are right
>>
>Cia will never stomp on your dick repeatedly
>Cia will never laugh at you
>>
>>269360179

YYYYX clears them even better.
>>
is there an elemental wheel? i know light characters destroy dark but it doesn't seem to work the other way

and what the fuck is Agatha?
>>
>>269360578
On a PC game you might have a point. On a console it's usually pointless.
>>
>>269360830
Yes, elements are a thing.
Water attacks will defeat a Firey Aeralfos much faster while Fire attacks works wonders on an Icy Big Poe.
Agitha is Light/Electric.
>>
>>269360830
>Agatha
Agitha*
She's the joke character in the game.
Don't even bother with her, she ain't warth it.
>>
>>269358730
That's neat. I haven't even checked out the music in the gallery yet.
>>
>>269353062

I know which mission you mean because I did it last night.

The mini imprisoned aren't really a problem as Agitha but the big one is a fucking drag. Just spam YYX or YYYYX to instantly clear the toes and spam YYX when it's weak gauge is up. Make sure you dodge as soon as the animation ends so you get a few more seconds.
>>
>>269361003

doesn't mean i can't NOT kill her if its the mission.

if fire and water are opposed, what beats lightning?
>>
>>269360434

Ghirahim:
I. Soldier's Uniform
II. Lizalfos Scale, Soldier's Uniform
III. ReDead Bandage, Soldier's Uniform
IV. Hylian Captain Gauntlet, Soldier's Uniform

Volga:
I. Soldier's Uniform
II. Dinolfos Fang, Soldier's Uniform
III. Shield-Moblin Helmet, Soldier's Uniform
IV. Goron Armor Breastplate, Soldier's Uniform
>>
Do Ganon and the Imprisoned even drop gold stuff? I've never gotten any and I've completed the first adventure map
>>
>>269361607
>being THIS retarded

How do you manage to dress yourself in the morning?
>>
>>269361542
I think the order is lightning-->water-->fire-->lightning, with dark and light opposed.
>>
>>269359509
Agitha's was surprisingly easy, go with that.
>>
>>269359940
I get asked every single time I enter Adventure.
>>
>>269361607
All bosses have a silver and a gold drop.
>>
>>269359361
Where's that pic from?
>>
File: WiiU_screenshot_TV_017D8.jpg (438 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
438 KB, 1280x720
strong attack while dodging with the sword and shield will bring out C2
>>
>>269350194
VS Dragon Vs Dragon Vs Dragon Vs Dragon. Also your C1 does retarded damage and does NOT need a full gauge to do the big wave, you just need to empty your gauge. So you could go from c2 into c1 without any delay, shoot out the normal wave then the large one and repeat as needed.
>>
File: 1293710076735.gif (2 MB, 297x226) Image search: [Google]
1293710076735.gif
2 MB, 297x226
>>269362387
>want 5-Star T3 sword for Link
>5-Star 8-Bit Swords keep dropping
>all of them pimped out of great bonuses
>hate the way it looks

I just want a powerful Magic Sword. Shit looks fucking nice.
>>
>>269356639
>Ruto or Cia eaten by Like-Likes
Muh dick.
>>
File: WiiU_screenshot_TV_017D8.jpg (477 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
477 KB, 1280x720
At full health the Master Sword shoots sword beams off of:
-C2
-C3
-YYY in the air (as a result of C2 or C4)
-the end of his basic attack string
>>
>>269362810
I've actually been avoiding the weapon unlock areas on the Master Quest map for this exact reason. It may very well never get completed.
>>
>>269362810
>>269363109
That being said, will the Magic Sword even drop for me? I have yet to have a single one drop since I unlocked it. I still have the empty 0-Star you get for finishing a T3 mission.
>>
>>269363423
Yeah, just keep at it.
>>
Okay, so what do we want to see in a theoretical sequel? I want love for the Oracle games, Majora's Mask as the villain, and a fight against Fierce Deity Link.
>>
>>269362387
A great inclusion if you ask me.
I'm trying to attach a gif of the attack in WW because it's so smooth but they all are too fucking big.
>>
>>269364008
Wait for the Majora's Mask DLC pack and you'll get Skullkid, probably Fierce Diety and Mask Salesman
>>
>>269363423
If you have Network Links enabled, check every one that spawns for one that is offering a level 3 sword as the prize.
>>
>>269364321
Do they differentiate between T3 and T* weapons or when receiving T3 you may get a T* one?
>>
>>269364008

>playable Tetra
>playable Din, Nayru, and Farore (with their Oracle style look)
>playable Uncle
>playable Error
>>
>>269363423
I kept getting 8-Bit ones after finishing the T3 mission UNTIL I saw one as a Network Link reward. I'm now finding that Magic Swords drop more often if you actually use them instead of the 8-Bit ones. Even if your Magic Swords aren't pimped out yet, you'll eventually get better ones.
>>
Does Japan have a date for when they're getting the DLC? I know both NA and JP are getting it in November, wondering if JP had a date yet.
>>
>>269364474
They have a clear picture of the type of sword you'll get. The T* are clearly wooden.
>>
>>269364775
Perfect.
>>
>>269361583
>Soldier Uniform.
>An item you literally can't get until post-game.
The fuck is this bullshit?
>>
>>269360179
>not maining Ghirahim
>>
>>269364875

Do the Ghirahim mission in Legends Mode, where your troops keep betraying you.
>>
>>269364875
I believe you can get them in the second Skyward Sword mission from the turncoat soldiers. Also, I wouldn't count Ganondorf's missions as post-game, if that's what you're talking about. The uniforms are not hard to get.
>>
Do I actually have a higher chance of dropping a weapon for the character I am using or is it entierely randomized?
>>
>>269364008
Ricky the boxing kangaroo
>>
>>269365098
Yes, you are much more likely to get a drop for the character and weapon you're using. I think you might even be guaranteed one, although the tier you get seems to depend on the difficulty of the mission.
>>
File: WiiU_screenshot_TV_017D8.jpg (481 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
481 KB, 1280x720
Enemies weak to bombs will stay in weak point mode when launched by them where others will simply be hit out of it.
>>
File: foiled.jpg (401 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
foiled.jpg
401 KB, 1280x720
>>269364978
hellooo
>>
>>269365035
Oh man, the first time that happened my friend and I started freaking out. When it happened in Adventure mode we freaked out, and then started cracking up.
>>
>>269365471
THREE rows of hearts?!?!
>>
>>269365968
Master Quest map has a few extra heart containers for everyone
>>
>>269365459
now this is shitposting
>>
Are there any tactics to use on Zant's T3? There just seems to be going on to much at once
>>
>>269367585
get a pro controller and do it as a good character
>>
>>269367738
I find the Wiimote good and I play for LONG periods of time.
>>
File: WiiU_screenshot_TV_017D9.jpg (488 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
WiiU_screenshot_TV_017D9.jpg
488 KB, 1280x720
>>269367585
>>269367738

I'm pretty fucking mad
>>
>>269369392
>>269367585
Same as me:
>>269356205
>>
>>269350216
Just tried this a it works.

Basically any moves with invincibilty frames will avoid the barriers damage
Thread replies: 236
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.