[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: We morn the loss of our favorite online gaming communities.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 14
File: Sad Frog.jpg (20 KB, 400x380) Image search: [Google]
Sad Frog.jpg
20 KB, 400x380
ITT: We morn the loss of our favorite online gaming communities.

I'm not mentioning a game here, because I don't want this thread to only be about that game. We all have that game we enjoyed playing online and other people just stopped showing up. It made us sad.

Name it. Get it off your chest.
>>
World of Warcraft
>>
>>269182272
Dark Souls: Prepare to Die edition

I know a lot of people on this board think this game is overrated and it probably is but for a while it was the only thing I looked forward too during the week. Shame the online community is now dead Ive already beaten the games so many times with so many different builds that their really isnt anything left to do PVE wise.
>>
>>269182272
bf 2142 ;_;
>>
>TF2 players that care more about the gameplay than the cosmetics
>>
Dragons dogma on ps3. I need some pawns
>>
>>269182272
RIP Resistance 3.

Fuck you consoles
>>
File: Socom_2_Box_Art.jpg (51 KB, 260x369) Image search: [Google]
Socom_2_Box_Art.jpg
51 KB, 260x369
Jesus xlink is shit
>>
File: 1395065427828.png (2 MB, 3015x2121) Image search: [Google]
1395065427828.png
2 MB, 3015x2121
Warcraft 3 custom maps.
>>
I've never really been part of a community. Don't make friends, don't join guilds/clans.
>>
File: dead gaem.webm (342 KB, 960x544) Image search: [Google]
dead gaem.webm
342 KB, 960x544
>>269182272
Phantasy Star Online, the days of staying up until 6AM just doing quests, dungeon runs, and just chatting it up in the lobby was grand. It was revolutionary back in the early 2000s when online gaming on consoles was still in it's baby stages.

It's been years since the official servers shut down, all that remains are private servers that have less than 100 people on during peak hours.
>>
File: smnc2.jpg (199 KB, 550x315) Image search: [Google]
smnc2.jpg
199 KB, 550x315
>>269182272
Goodnight sweet prince. I hardly knew ye.
>>
File: image.jpg (53 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53 KB, 500x375
Red Faction Gorilla
>>
Warhawk

people still play but it's just not the same
>>
City of Heroes/Villains
Fuck, we were partway into an expansion, then...poof.
>>
File: breathe in.jpg (3 KB, 104x124) Image search: [Google]
breathe in.jpg
3 KB, 104x124
>>269186726
>you will never play Vanilla TF2 on PC ever again

all I want to do is play on cp_granary and cp_hydro again without the hat trading and millions of custom shit, but you can't even find game servers for those anymore
>>
Gang wars in SA-MP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3G0FuwgWa8

Good night sweet prince.
>>
File: 1398555683002.jpg (92 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1398555683002.jpg
92 KB, 640x480
Soldat was pretty fun with the jet packs and miniguns and community maps and skins and such.
>>
>>269188357
/v/ runs a classic server with all that shit disabled
they do events every weekend that are pretty packed
>>
File: Planetary Annihilation.png (471 KB, 700x394) Image search: [Google]
Planetary Annihilation.png
471 KB, 700x394
Planetary Annihilation

I created a 6 player game in the multilayer lobby that at the time had only 3 games in it and couldn't get more than 2 people to join my game at the same time over the coarse of 2 hours.

I was a kickstarter donor. I feel betrayed.
>>
>>269183906
it will be soon reborn in its former - or even greater - glory, brace yourselves
>>
>>269188483
Info?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (57 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
57 KB, 1280x720
>>
>>269188708
Shit dude was thinking nobody on /v/ played gunz the duel. man thats brought up some nostalgia.
>>
>>269187154
The online wasn't exactly a rich a rewarding experience, just trading pawns. I miss the actual game more, I've just sucked it completely dry and cannot get any enjoyment from it.

anyway my vote goes for BC2. It was the first real videogame I played online and it was fucking great. Vietnam died months after relase and after BF3 came out it was a ghost town. I logged on the other day and at best found servers with 3 people online.
>>
>>269188524
Because kickstarting multiplayer game is a horrible idea.
To get big and somewhat stable online population you actually need marketing budget and some compromises in gameplay.
Otherwise, unless you are part of extremely dedicated playerbase, you're shit out of luck.
>>
>>269187612

My little brother still plays SCHTACK relentlessly. He must have logged a couple thousand hours easily. He plays one game and sticks with it for years.. I think it was Diablo 2 last. I wish I was more like him ;_;
>>
populous the beginning

the fucking game man
>>
>>269182272
>FFXI
>you will never again experience the joy of killing 6 hours in sea/sky with a linkshell of 14-20 of your buds
>ALL THAT GODDAMN JOB DIVERSITY
>be me
>be blue mage
>having ranged physical blue magic spell
>stack it with sneak attack (forced critical when performed behind mob) and trick attack (enmity from next attack will be transferred to player closest to the enemy that is between you and the enemy)
>3.5k damage cannonball with enmity transferred to the healer
>boss has hate on healer, proceeds to get demolished
>all have a laugh

>be in dynamis
>miniboss uses charm-ga
>some players in alliance are now enemies
>sam/rng sidewinder people at random
every class just felt so goddamn good and different in ffxi.
>>
File: henehay.png (75 KB, 400x200) Image search: [Google]
henehay.png
75 KB, 400x200
I miss pre-Big Bang Maple Story more than anything.
R.I.P Hene Hunting Grounds.
>>
Age of Empires 2 on the Zone

MICHI MICHI NO RUSH JOIN NOW!!!!!!1111 MICHI BLACKFOREST ROOM 69 QUICK JOIN!!!!11!!! MICHI BLACKFOREST NO RUSH
>>
>>269189140
Did he reach level 200 yet?
The highest I reached on one character was level 148 before quitting because the grind was getting to me.
>>
>>269189327
>old maple

God, such great memories.
>>
>>269187928
>>269186606

I'd like to add Zombie Master mod, Blacklight Retribution (thanks shitty devs for that one shit recoil balancing patch), Global Agenda, Tribes Ascend

I fucking hate HiRez for swapping games so fucking quickly and cutting off support for the previous ones.
>>
There was this forum, which I spent all day on it
It wasn't even big, there was like our circlejerk of 30 people and 70 random active users
I even got to be a mod
But then obvious forum drama happened and now it's only 5 guys talking one post at the time on a thread
It's kind of sad that I still visit it on a daily basis, with the highlight being someone stopping by to check if it's still a shit hole
>>
Xenimus
>>
File: ௵.jpg (3 KB, 124x87) Image search: [Google]
௵.jpg
3 KB, 124x87
>>269188357
shhhhhhhhh my sweet anon

death will embrace us all

you can play vanilla in hell with me
>>
File: 1412864085137.gif (801 KB, 409x301) Image search: [Google]
1412864085137.gif
801 KB, 409x301
>>269189327
Fuck
>>
>>269189095

Not necessarily. If they hadn't released it prematurely and if Uber had done what they said they were going to do, they would have had positive word of mouth instead of negative word of mouth. The absence of negative word of mouth on places like /v/ would have increased sales and thus, increased the likelihood of the game being a moderate success instead of an unmitigated disaster.

It's like the company is being run by a potato. So fucking stupid to release Planetary Annihilation after being told by everyone who supported it's development not to. It wasn't ready but they didn't care. They released it anyway so they could start working on Human Resources and then were shocked when no one supported that project. They have completely ruined their reputation as a gaming company and I doubt they will ever be able to regain anyone's trust ever again.
>>
>>269182272
Anarchy Reigns

It was crazy fun. Yeah there was some broken bullshit like Bayonetta and some infinite, but that balanced out to the chaos of the large battles.

Grabbing 2 people as Big Bull, having fun with the Hazards (like sacrificing yourself to knock a rival into one), getting into intense 1 on 1 battles. I loved it.
>>
>>269188357
>cp_hydro
you haven't even played release TF2
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.