[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Convince me not to buy an xbone /v/. I already have a wii u and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2
File: download.jpg (13 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
13 KB, 225x225
Convince me not to buy an xbone /v/. I already have a wii u and a ps4 but the ps4 is basically a netflix machine. Sunset Overdrive and Master Chief Collection look like fun, but paying for 2 different onlines again like last gen seems like a waste. Wat do /v/?
>>
convince me to read your post
>>
You sound like a compulsive shopper. How bout spending your money on something else? Mediocre games aren't worth pirating, much less spending $400+ on.
>>
>PS4 is a netflix machine
>I'm gonna buy another netflix machine!
are you... dumb?
>>
Because having an xbone and a ps4 is completely retarded. Paying for psn and xbl is even more retarded
>>
>>268345196
>Sunset Overdrive and Master Chief Collection look like fun.
But do they (to you) look like $520 of fun? Because that's how much you'll be set back. Consider the likelyhood of M$ getting anything compelling beyond those as well.
>INB4 $300k starting aspies accuse me of being poor.
>>
>>268345286
Convince me to read your reply
>>
> Enjoy your downscaled machine

When will xbone stop paying companies off to keep resolutions the same?
>>
>>268345196

Buy an XBox One, OP

You won't regret it! (make sure to get a Kinect as well)
>>
>>268345838

This guy really knows what he's talking about. Kinect is fantastic, and brings gaming to a whole new level
>>
>>268345685
I put like a 1000 hours into halo 3 and sold my xbox to gamestop towards a ps4, so at the very least I'll get my moneys worth with that
>>
>>268345752
No need, you just did.
>>
>>268345196
>>268345286
>>268345752
>>268346006
It's past your bed time kids
>>
Yes! Buy The One: The Only Next Generation All In One Media System You Will EVER NEED!

it has amazing games like halo and forza5!

could you post a picture of your receipt after you make the purchase i want to show my friend.
>>
>>268345995

If you liked Halo 3, you'll LOVE the new XBox One!

Make sure you get a Kinect for extra functionality when playing the Master Chief Collection!
>>
>Sunset Overdrive looks like fun

L O L

Insomniac is so out of touch with the industry it's funny
>>
>>268345752
Convince me he actually replied to the OP.
>>
>that cringe worthy commercial for this all over tv
microsoft pls
>>
I've got that bundle on pre-order, but I'm considering trading the Sunset Overdrive code for the MCC or Horizon 2.
>>
>>268345196
What the fuck. Just keep your PS4 for single player vidya and Netflix, and pay for XBL Gold. XBL has always been better than PSN, along with the MP games. Xbox and Xbone have all the good multiplat MP games, plus the exclusives, Halo being the biggest.

That's if you really want 3 consoles. I just have an Xbone and a gaming PC and I'm quite satisfied, but I would never have three fucking consoles.
>>
>>268346502

Main character looks like fucking Hodor
>>
>>268345196
If the money isn't a problem and there are games you want on it, do it. Why limit yourself to certain platforms and games when you could potentially have them all and play any game that gets released?
>>
>>268345196
If I buy a xbone is will be as a Halo revival machine exclusively. I would pay $250 bucks to play Halo 2 and 3 in 1080p with an active online community but since all the other games look like horseshit I'm having a hard time justifying such a purchase.

Hopefully by Christmas they'll announce bundles with discounts and I could flip the shit games for some extra cash.
>>
>>268345196
>Convince me not to buy an xbone /v/.
You should never buy a console for less than 5 games, OG Xbox and the 360 both had notoriously little in the way of exclusives in the long term, you've played all those Halo games before and the multiplayer won't be as fun as it was when the games were fresh, you're going money to the company that is cancerous.
>>
>>268347506
>$250 bucks
Try $450, $350 at best if you go with Black Friday prices.
>>
>>268345196

You shouldn't ask people to convince you to not buy something, when you've already bought it and are regretting the decision anon. It's kinda obvious when you do that.
>>
>>268349306
Have not bought it yet, even if I did regret it it's not like $400 would break the bank. I admit buying a ps4...that truly was a regret.
>>
>>268345196
If you are the biggest Halo fan ever, I am fine with you getting it for the Master Chief Collection. That is Microsoft doing Xbox fans fanservice right.

However, you are delusional if you believe Sunset Overdrive will remain a exclusive and will never come to PC.
Let us not forget, the poor poor souls that bought a Xbone specifically for Ryse and Dead Rising 3, believing that those two would be exclusives forever.

That's my advice. Take it, or leave it.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fktfya5pS08

Holy fuck it's bad
>>
>>268350196
Boner owner here. Not buying it.

Looks alright, better than Second Son IMO.
>>
File: 1410757942189.jpg (95 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1410757942189.jpg
95 KB, 640x480
>>268345196
>again like last gen
what two services did you pay for last gen?
are you counting a fucking WoW sub?
>>
>>268350759
ps + and xbl
>>
>>268345196
>Sunset Overdrive

You can just buy a PS3 and Infamous 1 and 2 and get the same experience but better.
>>
PS4, Xbone, PS3, X360 and PC masterrace reporting in. Xbone is cool, play it more than the ps4. Ps4 is like the ps3 on realese, it has no good exclusives yet and wont for a while. Sunset OD looks cool, forza horizons is excellent.
>>
It's either you stick with your Netflix machine or get a Halo machine.
>>
buy whatever you want, only a fucking retard comes to /v/ for tips.
>>
>>268345196
buying it for halo is good, buying it for sunset overdrive is fucking retarded, they want to update it with any new memes post launch so it can remain hip, and of course the actual issue with the game, it is so fucking slow.
>>
>>268345196

You've got a PS4. How's your PC rig? If it's good for gaming, then you don't need an Xbox, you have everything you need for 3rd party games.
>>
Just sell your PS4 then. PS3 was shit anyways, so I'd put little faith in the PS4.
>>
>>268345196
Xbone has no games.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.