[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Ganondorf wishes for Hyrule to rise again so he can rule
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 73
File: windwaker.jpg (21 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
windwaker.jpg
21 KB, 500x281
>Ganondorf wishes for Hyrule to rise again so he can rule it
>King of Hyrule stops him before he can do it
>instead of wishing for Hyrule's rebirth and Ganondorf to fuck off, he wishes for its destruction
>why.jpg

Someone explain to me why this wasn't a bullshit move.
>>
Because the dead should play nice and stay fucking dead.
>>
Because Wind Waker is babbies first 'deep' video game story
>>
Because he wants the next generation to find a new land to call home and keep the past dead and buried.
>>
>>267447939
The whole point of the narrative is to move the fuck on. Hyrule is old news.
>>
>>267448235
That's not Majora's Mask.
>>
>>267448518
>>267448346

Then why do the Wind Waker sequels revolve around reestablishing Hyrule (and even calling it New Hyrule) in a new land with the same monarchy bullshit instead of making a new land unique to them?

Seems kind of silly.
>>
>>267448518
Imagine if every Zelda had that dumbfuck message.

'Oh too bad you just raped and pillaged my country Ganon, no biggie I'll just go find another one :^)'
>>
>>267448913
Because Nintendo misunderstood why people liked Wind Waker and thought that the only thing that made it appealing was the toon style.

This is why they keep pushing Toon Link onto us despite him not being in a relevant or good game for years.
>>
>>267448913
I wondered that too.

If they were just going to do that then why the fuck did the boat wish for the original one to be destroyed
>>
>>267448913
Because Wind Waker having the only decent story in the franchise was an accident, and Nintendo quickly fixed their mistake with its sequels.
>>
File: 1411604645871.png (14 KB, 653x590) Image search: [Google]
1411604645871.png
14 KB, 653x590
>>267449454
>WW babbies
>>
>>267449549
Wind Waker is far from my favorite game in the series. I'm far more of a 2D Zelda fan.
But it's not a secret that it's the only Zelda game to have writing that isn't complete garbage.
>>
>>267449672
>muh nihilism

Fuck off back to Souls garbage, you can have as much useless hero struggling for nothing in a land that's already fucked 'deep' bullshit as you want.
>>
Because Hyrule is a relic of the past that bred suffering and war. The gods buried Hyrule so that the evil would be contained, and so no living creature could call it there home any longer. Which is why there are supposed to be no fish in it (No I don't know why the talking fish can live in it).

They were meant to go start a new life in a new land and be happy. But the sequels fucked it up.
>>
>>267448235
Why would anyone think it's deep? It's just standard fare that was done pretty well for the most part.

The only 'deep' Zelda worth mentioning is Majora's Mask.
>>
>>267449672
Majora's Mask, Link's Awakening and LTTP had excellent writing and all tackled the theme of finding hope in hopeless situations much better than WW did.
>>
>>267449830
What? Wind Waker wasn't nihilist at all, and I've never played a Souls games. It was a struggle between the old generation and the new generation, and burying the past.
You seem really mad over nothing.

>>267449913
Majora's Mask's strength was its incredible atmosphere.
Not it's minimal plot.
>>
>>267449937
Because it was babbys first Zelda, your struggles amounted to literally fucking nothing in the end and the dialogue sounded veeeewy sophisticated and fantasy-esque so clearly it's a deep experience.
I notice most WW faggots don't even like any Zelda beyond WW.
>>
>>267448913
They didn't learn from the past, the cycle continued even without Ganondorf, and there must always be a Legend of Zelda
>>
>>267448913
That land is not Hyrule. That's the point.

It's their land. They can call it whatever the fuck they want, but the point is that their Hyrule is different than the old one.

It doesn't have Ganon anymore, for one thing.
>>
>>267450082
>your struggles amounted to literally fucking nothing
You saved your sister while stopped Ganondorf from re-destroying the world and becoming a god.
>>
>>267450239
>re-destroying
>not restoring

He was gonna bring back Hyrule
He was doing what you'd think the fucking hero should be striving towards
>>
>>267450186
It will eventually. Skyward Sword kind of established that no matter where Link and Zelda go, Demise will always be reborn as Ganondorf to fuck them over.

Besides, didn't they have some other asshole to worry about in Spirit Tracks? They're doubly fucked over too without the Master Sword now.
>>
>>267447939

ok /v/ bros, I just need to ask, how long does it take to collect the triforce on WW HD version, I heard they shortened it, but I just beat Zelda1 and im fucking sick of collecting triforce.
>>
>>267450315
Ganondorf had a singular obsession with ruling Hyrule, to the point where he wanted to resurrect it just so he could rule it, not content with ruling over the scattering of islands full of people who were surviving and making their own culture and societies.
>>
>>267450315
>He was doing what you'd think the fucking hero should be striving towards

Please tell me this bait.
>>
>>267450054
>Majora's Mask's strength was its incredible atmosphere.
>Not it's minimal plot.

I disagree. The minimalism made the plot more mysterious and open ended, which encourages discussion and theories.

If the Happy Mask Salesman spent several cutscenes explaining how the ancient tribe created the mask and why they created it and exactly what Majora is, along with Majora itself having a long winded villain monologue before its boss fight, the game would've been cliche and uninteresting.
>>
File: 1402368864129.png (330 KB, 330x319) Image search: [Google]
1402368864129.png
330 KB, 330x319
>WW
>good story
>>
>>267450315
>Hyrule
You mean the pile of rocks at the bottom of the ocean, destroyed centuries ago and infamous for constant wars?
The whole point of Wind Waker was that Hyrule died out centuries ago and wasn't worth restoring, and that the silly cute pirate world you had been exploring was worth keeping alive. And that's not taking into account the fact he was going to rule it and basically create another Dark World out of it like he always does.

The sequels fucked it up later on but that doesn't mean Wind Waker suddenly stops working as a self-contained story.
>>
File: z3-link-and-zelda.jpg (111 KB, 575x372) Image search: [Google]
z3-link-and-zelda.jpg
111 KB, 575x372
>>267450543
I understand you think it's very good characterization for a hero to be a useless piece of shit who sits around all day acting disinterested and moody but to most sensible people it would've been greatly preferable had Link restored Hyrule, like he does in every other fucking Zelda game when it gets wrecked or otherwise threatened.
>>
>>267450315
I'm a Ganondorf fan and even I think this is bullshit.

He wants Hyrule back so he can rule it. At one point back before OOT, his intentions may have been noble because he wanted to give his people a better life, but getting caught up in the Triforce corrupted the hell out of him. Which may partially due to Demise's essence or whatever subconsciously guiding him, but whatever.

The best thing Nintendo did in Wind Waker was make him sympathetic to an extent and give him a personality that wasn't POWER POWER EVIL I WILL RULE HYRULE. You'd think they'd carry this over to future games, but nope.
>>
>>267450673
And what if we applied this logic to all the other games? In LoZ Hyrule is a diminished kingdom where the citizens live in caves. In OOT the capital is destroyed. In ALTTP evil is running amok and the king is dead. Using WW's logic every Link in those games should've just up and left because it wasn't worth fighting for it anymore.
>>
>>267450860
Those Links were fighting to restore a world recently destroyed by evil, and the kingdoms they themselves had lived in and experienced.
By the time Wind Waker came around Hyrule was like fucking Ancient Egypt. It's era in history was long over and Link was fighting to protect the ocean you spent the whole game bonding with, not a kingdom the gods themselves decided to bury.
>>
>>267450834
I sort of like Wind Waker for it's unique Ganondorf. He's just tired, and is fully aware of the cycle that is constantly repeating itself. He just wants it to end. He wants to stop losing and to finally achieve his dream of giving him and his people a place to live in. He finally achieved that by returning during a time when Link and Zelda were far too weak to stop him.
>>
>>267450673
But it wasn't a pile of rocks. It was a perfectly preserved kingdom frozen in time. All it had to do was rise to the surface and it would be like it had never disappeared to begin with.

And it's not like the New Hyrule that Link and Tetra created would be any better as far as wars go. It's history repeating itself, but at least they had a shot at making things better if the King of Hyrule had been a little more creative with his wish instead of wishing for Hyrule to be obilterated completely.
>>
>>267450673
>that the silly cute pirate world you had been exploring was worth keeping alive.

But why?

Besides your sister and grandma there's nothing really particularly endearing about the surface world, life seemed pretty worthless and miserable really, you'd think everyone would be happier living on an actual landmass other than tiny islands and an ocean where you can't even fish.
>>
>>267450860
The difference was that Hyrule's destruction was the will of the gods
>>
holy fucking shit why is there even any argument about this
>>
>>267450338
Considering we haven't had a game in the Wind Waker side of the timeline that has Ganon appear after Wind Waker itself, there could be a chance that sealing Ganon and Hyrule in the ocean with the Master Sword may have broken the curse on that side.

And to be fair, Malladus was more just a guy who thinks he owns that land that they made landfall on and called Hyrule. Despite being a demon king himself, there's really no connection to Demise.

If they ever bring another game to the Wind Waker side of the timeline, I'm going to bet part of it is going to be about making a new Master Sword if Ganondorf were to return.
>>
>>267451232
Yeah, stop discussing video games you fags
>>
>>267451059
>>267451104

I'm curious why people seem to think that the goddesses are purely noble. We're talking about entities who for some reason saw it fit to bless Ganondorf with the Triforce of Power, basically causing this mess to begin with, and thought that the best way to save Hyrule was to murder 95% of the population by destroying it.

This is some real Old Testament shit.
>>
>>267451059
In LoZ Hyrule had been in decline for a very long while and Link wasn't actually a native, he came from another country. In OOT technically Hyrule was seven years dead or at least in bad state. The whole damn point of Link always showing up is to pull things back from the brink against all odds. WW shits allover this with 'well at least you tried but the game was rigged anyway.'
>>
>>267451379
but

Nayru's love...
>>
>>267451081
Its government hadn't been around for thousands of years.
Its tribes were had either completely evolved to fit their new world, got wiped out or just moved the fuck out like the Gorons.
Its history was practically lost.
Most of the people on the sea had no idea what Hyrule was.

Just because Death Mountain and the Lost Woods still existed doesn't mean that reviving the kingdom was a good idea. It would have never been able to become the world you saw in Ocarina of Time, because time moved on and so did everybody else.
>>
>>267451379
Because Ganondorf wasn't always evil.
>>
File: Ganonfeel.jpg (19 KB, 479x257) Image search: [Google]
Ganonfeel.jpg
19 KB, 479x257
>>267447939
>>
>>267451379
The Triforce doesn't distinguish between good and evil, the godesses didn't just give it to him
>>
>>267451379
The Gods didn't give Ganon the Triforce of Power.
It just goes to whoever fit its attribute the best, since it doesn't discern between good or evil.
>>
>>267451491
>Goddesses essentially responsible for giving immense power to a desperate man who was already willing to do whatever it took to save his people
>we will never get another game where Ganondorf is actually written as a human character instead of a crazy one dimensional asshole
>no game where he begins as Zelda or Link's friend and slowly grows corrupted over the course of the story, forcing you to fight him and realize that no matter what there's no changing destiny

Fuck you too, Nintendo.
>>
I guess Wind Waker faggots must've hated the end of LOTR when Aragorn restored all diminished or destroyed realms of the north and shit because clearly it was time for Middle Earth to move on.
>>
>>267450860
Hyrule sunk solely because the hero did not return to fight Ganondorf. The gods sunk Hyrule because it was going to seal Ganondorf, not because Hyrule was being under siege. That's the main qualifier here. They decided sealing Ganondorf was more important than letting a kingdom remain. By the time of the Wind Waker, Hyrule is literally worthless since the seal wasn't even working on Ganondorf anymore.

They also gave the people ample time to go to the mountaintops and weather the storm. They could have wished for Hyrule to return to the surface, but it's really not worth it anymore.
>>
>>267451758
I wouldn't really want him to be there friends. I think it would be better if he was just someone who was traveling to the kingdom to seek help for his people and slowly growing more insane as the game progresses due to the kingdoms reluctance to help him.
>>
>>267451810
LOTR and WW have extremely different tones, stories and morals.
You're grasping at straws.
>>
why the hell is everyone going overboard with this

link didn't give up on hyrule. hyrule was already dead and literally buried when the game started. there is literally nothing at stake if it gets destroyed or reborn.

meanwhile there is absolutely everything at state if the islands on the great sea get destroyed or subjugated by ganondorf because there are people living there with their own cultures who are literally keeping the spirit of hyrule alive whether they know it or not.
>>
So... is Hyrule in a fucking bowl? If Ganondorf wanted Hyrule to rise from the ocean, where the fuck is all that water getting displaced to?
>>
>>267452162
Those shitty dinky islands with a handful of people living on them weren't particularly worth saving either.
>>
>>267451982
This.

Ganondorf is the perfect vehicle to highlight the madness inherent to the human condition. His decline could say quite a lot. He was better that way, and he's certainly lost his roots as he's perpetually cast as a generic villain.
>>
>>267452201
Where did the water come from the first time?
>>
>>267452332
>Ganondorf is the perfect vehicle to highlight the madness inherent to the human condition

WW fags everyone
>>
>>267452269
Keeping a handful of tiny island cultures alive is more important than bringing back a dead kingdom at the bottom of the sea with literally one guy still chilling in it.
>>
>>267452162
LITERALLY LITERALLY LITERALLY LITERALLY.
>Literally.
>>
>>267452371
Holy shit, did the rest of the world lose all of it's fucking water so it could be dumped on top of Hyrule?
>>
>>267452269
They had people on them, though. People, bird people, and tree people.

The only things living in Hyrule at this point were a bunch of monsters.
>>
File: medli.png (70 KB, 250x351) Image search: [Google]
medli.png
70 KB, 250x351
>>267452269
>not wanting to protect this smile

you're a monster
>>
File: Ganon_and_friends_concept.jpg (158 KB, 640x402) Image search: [Google]
Ganon_and_friends_concept.jpg
158 KB, 640x402
>>267452332
> and he's certainly lost his roots as he's perpetually cast as a generic villain.

His roots ARE a generic villain you dumbfuck. He was a giant blue pig who wanted power and in OOT he's a giant sand nigger who also wants power. This is why people can't stand WW autists.
>>
>>267451810

Well that was the stupidest thing I've read this month. Good job.
>>
Why didn't Ganondorf transmorph into Ganon in this game?
And why didn't he use the double sword dance in OoT?
>>
Hyrule was an ancient city long since gone. The King of Hyrule wasn't stuck in the past, he was more focused on the future and moving forward. No Triforces. No Hyrules. No Master Swords.
Then the kids went against his wishes and named the and they found Hyrule
Fucking dense cunts
>>
>>267452405
I should've tacked an inb4 on.

You can bitch about the phrasing all you want, but this duality is a part of life. You could get twisted yourself, you just have to be put in the right places and realize the right things. It's just how it goes.
>>
>>267452497
Less than a handful of people who shouldn't technically be alive to begin with since the sea doesn't yield any fish.
>>
>>267452332
I think Nintendo still thinks he's at least somewhat viable as a Zelda villain, even if he's dead in every timeline. He's come a long way from looking like the jew stereotype he was designed as in OOT.
>>
>>267452594
Cause he went easy on the kids and let them have their adventure. The real serious plot line was between the king and ganon.
>>
>>267452578
The anon you're responding to is an idiot, but if you're honestly mad that Wind Waker gave Ganondorf a hint of depths instead of being Pig Bowser than you're mad for the dumbest of reasons.
>>
>>267452332
Great so you want a WoW corruption story. Please just kill yourself.
>>
>>267452586
I agree. WW is far better written than the generic garbage Tolkien put out.
>>
>>267452371
The goddesses opened up the firmament and let the waters pass through
>>
File: 1407932975476.jpg (47 KB, 720x439) Image search: [Google]
1407932975476.jpg
47 KB, 720x439
>>267452685
>>
>>267452682
>dead in every timeline
In the Child Timeline he's sealed in the four sword.
>>
>>267452680
They raise livestock and eat island fruit.
And probably kill those ugly man fishes that draw your map.
>>
>>267452682
>jew stereotype
>not middle eastern stereotype
>>
>>267449937
>Why would anyone think it's deep?
Because it's underwater
>>
>>267452825
Being trapped in the Four Swords series might as well be equivalent to death, since they're never making another one.
>>
>>267452680
Versus bringing back a kingdom that has ONE dead person sitting around with a bunch of monsters.

I feel like that wouldn't be a good thing.
>>
>>267452682
I like how in Hyrule Warriors you play as Ganondorf subjugating the scattered Moblin and Lizalfos tribes of the desert
>>
>>267452594
Because Ganon would be OP against the kids, and the kings wish said they should have a chance of a future. Gods were all naw man that pig shit is OP.
>>
>>267452748
>I don't know what story archetypes are, and how stories with similar overarching elements can be drastically different

Anon, what the fuck are you making that planet blue, white, and green for? Guess you just want another Earth, pleb. Hurr hurr.
>>
>>267452778
>Still trying to compare the two

And then we have generic idiots like you. Who don't understand the basic differene between the series.

I want to give an example to explain just how stupid you are but it really can't beat trying to compare the story of WW to LOTR.
>>
>>267452940
The island people would've resettled the kingdom and would've lived far more comfortably than stuck on their barren patches of land with an ocean they can't live off of.
>>
File: 4025.jpg (12 KB, 259x272) Image search: [Google]
4025.jpg
12 KB, 259x272
>>267452914

So is Ganondorf a muslim?
What are the other race's religions?
>>
>>267452940
why is everyone acting like bringing back hyrule would mean killing everyone on the islands

>"I wish for Ganondorf to be purged from existence so that Hyrule can return and flourish in an eternity of peace."

how hard would that have been
>>
>>267453018
>with an ocean they can't live off of.
They had been living off of it for centuries.
>>
>>267451998
Of course. The difference is that WW's morals are wrong.
>>
>>267453018
You are ignoring the MONSTERS part.
>>
>>267453090
The sea doesn't yield any fish or anything to eat unless they ate those horrific man-fish.
>>
>>267447939
>instead of wishing for Hyrule's rebirth and Ganondorf to fuck off
That's two wishes
>>
>>267448913
Because the Zelda DS games are the most uninspered ones in the entire series. PH is one of the worst Zeldas and ST was just meh
>>
File: carlos.jpg (10 KB, 216x200) Image search: [Google]
carlos.jpg
10 KB, 216x200
>>267452928
>>
Why doesn't link go back in time before skull kid robbed him
>>
who wrote wind waker's story again? seeing as how it came right after the edge fest that was majora's mask and we've never had a zelda since then with any sort of depressing themes, i feel like there's some sort of connection here.
>>
>>267453003
>I'm a faggot who wants a generic corruption story that is as bad as blizzards writing.

Sorry man but I'm not a retard like you. The dev writers are bad enough as is. I don't lower my standards hopping for fanfiction tier writing instead.
>>
>>267453120
Oh no monsters, just like in EVERY Zelda game? Hell every land in the entire Zelda world has monsters.
Hyrule fucking field in OOT has skeletons running around at night.
>>
>>267449962
>Majora's Mask, Link's Awakening and LTTP had excellent writing
MM and LA, yes.

LttP, no.
>>
>>267453283
Koizumi was responsible for Majora's Mask.
These days he's busy with 3D Mario.
>>
File: 07976ruyu.png (1 MB, 800x1310) Image search: [Google]
07976ruyu.png
1 MB, 800x1310
>>267452332
Gandodorf does has lost his roots, but not because your stupid reasons. He has always been a power hungry megalomaniac.
But rather from where he came from, he no longer wears anything related to the Gerudo and diched all his magic for the swrodplay. The nigga needs to be a wizard warlock again.
>>
>>267453283
MM was less depressing than WW for the sheer fact you triumph against all odds and save Termina and presumably helped everyone out with their personal troubles.
WW is the exact opposite, the land is doomed for good and you really helped nobody except your shitty sister who the story forgets about.
>>
>>267453291
>herp a derp there are no corruption themes in zelda, not since majora's mask/link between worlds/twilight princess (to an extent because it wasn't like midna became totally corrupted)

kill yourself, please, because it's obvious you've never played any games in this series
>>
File: link-crouching.jpg (44 KB, 400x351) Image search: [Google]
link-crouching.jpg
44 KB, 400x351
>>267453070
Hylians are obviously Christian.
>>
>>267448913
It's still a new land. Not like it's trying to emulate the old Hyrule, because Link and Tetra don't know shit about it.
>>
File: large.jpg (142 KB, 500x1333) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
142 KB, 500x1333
>>267452807
>Effortlessly disables both Link and Zelda to get the Triforce
>In the fight afterwards they can somehow now handle him
>Zelda shoots arrows at him
>He flies over to her, SHEATHES HIS WEAPON, and slaps her
>Outright says he won't kill them
Everyone thinks he just went absolutely nuts after the Triforce was taken from him, but he was still very controlled. He didn't lose it. He gave up.
He let the kid be the hero.
>>
>>267453419
Are you just mad because you hated sailing the Great Sea?
>>
>>267453419
>WW
>Depressing
Yep, the game where people find a new land and build up a new kingdom that prospers and becomes just as big as the one before them, sure is a bad end.
>>
>>267453572
everyone except autistics hated the sailing
>>
>>267447939
I hope they never expand upon Ganondorf's lamentation at the end of Wind Waker. It leaves so much about him open. It really only fits with that depiction of the character, where he knows that pretty much everyone is a failure. Like everything he ever wanted is already long gone and he's just trying to pick up the pieces.
>>
>>267453283
Aonuma wrote a lot of the dialogue. He wrote every single thing the king of red lions said personally.
>>
>>267453481

>Zora's are Jews
>kokiris are dirty tree huggers
>goron's are Buddhists
>>
>>267453609
None of that happens in WW, that's all in the sequels
>>
>>267453316
You're basically arguing that the King of Hyrule should have let the kingdom rise and have monsters go out and ravage the islands on the off-chance that the people on the islands are okay with having a kingdom pop up again.

That would be a terrible thing for a king to decide.
>>
>>267452162

like someone mentioned earlier, in the very first game Hyrule is so fucked there are not even buildings left, everyone is forced to eek out a miserable life in caves. Then we see in six short years after Link slays Ganon there's many vibrant towns named after sages built and Link was helping to reconstruct.
>>
>>267453419
i said it had depressing THEMES. i never said that it had an unhappy ending or a bad message.

i think one of the biggest problems with the majora's mask fandom is that they get too hung up on the depressing aspects and overplay the spooky themes while forgetting that the game rewards you for taking the time to help everyone solve their problems. it's a game where the power of hope and forgiveness is enough to stop the apocalypse, saving a world that was possibly divinely doomed from the start.
>>
File: bullshit.jpg (48 KB, 720x439) Image search: [Google]
bullshit.jpg
48 KB, 720x439
>>267453562
>>
>>267453609
To be fair, founding a kingdom where you have to put up with some faggot eskimo creatures shit is a tad worse.
>>
>>267453283
MM was a work between Koizumi and Aonuma, Aonuma was there to put in line Koizumi ideas because he was getting overboard with the dark themes, Aonuma is responsible for every silly and happy thing from MM.
WW is Aonuma work alone.
>>
>>267453761
I thought that's what MM fans loved about the game? Well I did at least.
>>
>>267453630
I doubt they will.
Wind Waker Ganondorf worked because he was an old man who had his dream taken from him thousands of years ago. He had mellowed out over time, reflected and was desperately trying to cling onto something he had already lost.

His personality and monologues wouldn't fit the crazy tyrant Ganondorf in the present at all.
>>
>>267453706
It happens in the end, when they sail away, WW Link is the one who finds the new land and establish the new kingdom.
>>
>>267453723
Why not have Link just kill all the monsters?
>>
>>267453732
AoL's kingdom is north of Death Mountain.
That shit was already there.
>>
>>267453839
WW Dorf is not that old, HH states TP Ganondorf is just as old as WW Ganondorf and he is just as crazy as he was in OoT.
>>
>>267453934
Well either way according to HH Hyrule had diminished to a miserable little patch of land and six years later Link had reconstructed the place greatly.
>>
>>267453838
i was under the impression that most new fans to the game only liked it because of how 2spoopy it was. they, unfortunately, tend to be the most vocal ones.

>>267453839
all the more reason for them to create a new version so they can do something new with him.

if we can have multiple links, zeldas and even impas, then we can have another ganondorf.
>>
>>267453908
The game ends with them going out to find it, but we don't know anything about New Hyrule until the sequels.
>>
>>267453732
"hyrule is fucked up" is different from "hyrule is a long dead land that no one living has ever heard of and think the triforce is a dining utensil"
>>
>>267454032
>HH states TP Ganondorf is just as old as WW Ganondorf
How does that even work? There's a far larger gap of time between OoT and WW compared to OoT and TP.
Hyrule in WW was stated to be an ancient kingdom, while TP only takes place a few decades later.
>>
>>267447939
Does anyone have a save of that game right after you collect the Triforce shards?
I got to that part and I really dont feel like sailing from one place to another.
>>
File: 1407172303556.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1407172303556.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
When Hyrule Warriors was in development I was hoping that Ganondorf would have a campaign and Demise would be the final boss of it
Boy was I disappointed
>>
File: ahh.png (225 KB, 596x355) Image search: [Google]
ahh.png
225 KB, 596x355
>>267454113
Hyrule in LoZ is fucking dead and had been in the dying for a long time.
>>
>>267447939
The restoration of hyrule would mean the end of everything else above the flood.
>>
>>267454032
That actually adds some interesting stuff to speculate about that we'll probably never be sure was intentional or not thanks to Nintendo's weariness to ever go into major detail with any of the lore within their games.

TP Ganondorf never got to usurp the king of Hyrule, he had the the rug slipped from under him before he could get anything off the ground, he was still plenty pissed off. He then got to vent his frustration by messing with some autistic guy and giving him super powers to live through him vicariously. WW Ganondorf had it all for seven years before getting royally fucked over, then when he tried again he had to sit at the bottom of the ocean for a few centuries.
>>
I liked that zelda games looked like games for kids when they actually had adult themes and underlying vibes of danger and dread, even if outside said dreads lies a happy hopeful world that makes you care enough to save it.

New zeldas look gritty but theyre the mos childish games ever. WW was the last of the old vibe zelda games
>>
>>267454231
Don't be a fucking babby.
>>
>>267454197
>TP only takes place a few decades later.

Whaaat?
TP is centuries later, several hundred, and hell it LOOKS like several thousand given how drastically the landscape has changed.
>>
>IT'S BETTER TO LET THE PAST DIE SO YOU CAN CONCENTRATE ON THE FUTURE
>wind waker sequels basically ignore that so they can establish a carbon copy of old hyrule with the added addition of trains
>W-WELL THAT'S DIFFERENT IT'S NOT REALLY EMULATING OLD HYRULE IT'S TOTALLY DIFFERENT

I've yet to see one good reason why using the Triforce to wish for old Hyrule to be reborn peaceful and monster-free would be a bad thing. The islanders could choose to move to the kingdom or stay on their shitty little islands. Everyone's assuming that Link wouldn't have been able to murder the shit out of Ganondorf before he could get his hands on it after the King made his wish.
>>
File: magic.png (367 KB, 1021x317) Image search: [Google]
magic.png
367 KB, 1021x317
>>267454197
>How does that even work?
Magic motherfucker.
>>
File: 1412652189488.jpg (7 KB, 231x218) Image search: [Google]
1412652189488.jpg
7 KB, 231x218
I want a game where you play as Ganondorf growing up in his amazonian village and he goes around tapping all that virgin pussy.
>>
>>267454435
It's implied that Hyrule Castle town got entirely relocated too, cause of the sacred grove ruins.
>>
>>267454197
>TP only takes place a few decades later
Nigger it passed like 500 years after OoT.
>>
File: 1391901733445.gif (36 KB, 327x267) Image search: [Google]
1391901733445.gif
36 KB, 327x267
>>267450082
Really? The Wind Waker is babby's first zelda?

Have we gotten to the point where most of the people DIDN'T grow up with Link to the Past and Ocarina of Time?
>>
>>267454438
Besides old Hyrule killing everybody floating on top of it when it rises up.
>>
>>267454438
Wind Wakers ending worked perfectly well in its own story.
The problems only arose when Spirit Tracks said fuck you to its closure because they wanted to make a Toon game with trains.
>>
>>267454338
That's a decline. It still existed, and could be restored by normal means. By the time of WW, restoring Hyrule provides no benefit to the people of the world other than satisfying the desires of two lingering relics.
>>
File: ganondorf_by_theminttu-d5fwoo8.jpg (142 KB, 852x938) Image search: [Google]
ganondorf_by_theminttu-d5fwoo8.jpg
142 KB, 852x938
>>267454478
>WW Ganon
>Old tired and fat

>TP Ganon
>Fit strong and handsome

TP wins again.
>>
>>267454584
Anon, OoT is almost 20 years old. Of course is no longer baby's first Zelda.
>>
>>267454481
We haven't even seen Gerudo since OoT. I've always been interested in seeing what happens when the next pussy-wrangler is born.
>>
>>267454197
For some reason, I got the feeling each game said one hundred years, which always felt like such a short amount of time.

Looking around the internet, though, neither game said that. Aonuma in interviews said WW was "over a hundred years" after OoT and that TP was "several hundred years" after OoT.

I think it'd make sense of they were simultaneous on their respective timelines.
>>
>>267454584
A majority of /v/ probably grew up with Twilight Princess at this point.
>>
>>267454197
>only takes place a few decades later

...you may want to take another look at TP
>>
Is the King of Red Lions the same king that was ruling during Ocarina of Time?

If the Adult Timeline is the one Wind Waker follows, and the king of Hyrule was murdered after Ganondorf took control of Hyrule before the Hero of Time defeated him seven years later, then shouldn't it be impossible for him to still be alive as of Wind Waker?
>>
>>267454197
Easy. Ganon doesn't age normally when he's a pig man.
>>
>>267454756
He's the one who ruled in the era of the flood.
>>
>>267454481
>virgin pussy.
Gerudo give it up to children to run endears for them. Ganon will have to make due with a harem of experienced pussy.
>>
>>267454664
>implying WW Ganondorf wouldn't be total bara daddy material if WW had TP's graphics
>implying Ganondorf isn't fine as hell in every incarnation with the exception of OOT's jew design that Hyrule Warriors would later redeem
>>
>>267454756
He's already dead in WW.
>>
File: 1412769273639.png (4 MB, 2102x2926) Image search: [Google]
1412769273639.png
4 MB, 2102x2926
>>267454873
>Jew
>Not sand nigger
>>
>>267454709
They were most likely exiled from the land if not executed like Ganondorf, the royal family is capable of some shady shit
>>
I've got to stop visiting this shit board. The signal to noise ratio is horrible.
>>
>>267454438
>it's not really emulating old hyrule
It's not. Without the KOTRL, they couldn't emulate the old ways even if they wanted to. It would've been better if nintendo came up with a new name like labrythia or termina, but it's a minor thing.
>>
>>267454756
He's not. The backstory of WW states that Ganon returned several generations after the events of OoT, but the hero did not return, so the goddesses were forced to drown Hyrule. He's presumably the king from that time.
>>
>>267453930
Oh sure, set a child up against an army just because you want to keep a kingdom. That's kingly.

You aren't understanding the point of the Wind Waker. Hyrule was a relic of the past that had its prime. It didn't need to be resurrected. The only one who really wanted Hyrule to return was Ganondorf. If the islanders were to find out and choose, they probably wouldn't really want it because they're accustomed to the island life. It'd be like suddenly saying "Hey, Hawaii. Sorry, but you gotta move everything and go to California. We'll explain later."
>>
>>267454812
Then did Adult Timeline!Zelda have to make due with marrying some old guy so he could be king? I was under the impression that not much time had passed between OOT and the beginning of the flood.
>>
>>267448942
you are so fucking stupid.
>>
>>267454953
Wasn't there a Gerudo chick in Phantom Hourglass who wanted Linebeck dead?
>>
>>267450738
It's okay for Hyrule to get wrecked when the Goddesses do it.
>>
>>267454993
great comeback WW babby
>>
>>267449913
You are stupid. They are both quality games.
>>
>>267454923
The Gerudo clearly represents all the negative stereotypes of japan
>Nigger
>Jew nose
>Thiefs
>Hunger for conquering
>Living in the dessert
>>
>>267454923
Look at his massive jew nose, though. Nintendo toned in down in every game after OOT.
>>
>>267455083
Jew nose is hooked not straight out
>>
>>267454372
Fffuuuck I love Zelda lore, but the one game that actually structured itself around expanding upon it dropped the ball in quite a few places.

>No one wanted a new Master Sword origin
>No one wanted Ganon's evil to retconned into literal Mr. Evil after the hints Wind Waker dropped
>No one wanted Minish Cap's hat origin retconned

Best thing it did was definitively confirm that Zelda and Link never wincest since Link is always a reincarnation.
>>
File: Telma.png (112 KB, 194x407) Image search: [Google]
Telma.png
112 KB, 194x407
>>267454953
There's the theory that the Twili were Gerudo, which I don't really believe.

There's also the theory that this lady was a Gerudo, so maybe cultural integration happened.
>>
>>267455024
Ganon turns Hyrule into a bloody hellscape full of molesting zombies and talking trees that vomit bombs.
The Gods turned it into a cute pirate world with bird waifus.
>>
>>267455165
I've heard rumors that Groose might be the first Gerudo. What's your take on that?

I'm okay with Ganondorf's ancestor being the Groosenator.
>>
>>267451324
So Malladus was there before they found that new land and named it New Hyrule? Where did that new land even come from?
>>
>>267454372
>>267455165
>TP Ganondorf never had time to learn how to play the piano
>That's why his castle theme is different in TP
>Meanwhile WW Ganondorf forgot most of the play
>OoT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNudhwEAwfU
>TP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p49R7D056dY
>WW: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBVbI604erE
Deepest lore indeed.
>>
>>267455403
It was just a neighboring country that the Gods didn't care about.
The eskimo things, tower and Malladus were all there before they relocated to it.
>>
>people like Ganondorf but want him to remain an evil pig man/sand nigger and not have Nintendo try something different and interesting with him, even if it would be another corruption story

Why? People bitched about him hijacking the plot in TP when that came out because he was so generic compared to Zant. Wouldn't a new take where he's at least a tiny bit different change that?
>>
>>267455403
No, he was there before they appeared. They called it New Hyrule, then found out that Malladus was around after the fact.
>>
I never understood why those three Goddesses had to flood Hyrule to seal Ganondorf away. Couldn't they just take the Triforce of power away from him and then chuck his ass into the sun or something?

I always heard the ENTIRE Triforce was just a byproduct of them leaving the world and is nothing compared to the power of just one of them.
>>
>a male Gerudo is born every 100 years
>there will never be a game where Ganondorf is an old and powerful tyrant, life extended by magic/the Triforce and the next born male is a brown, red-haired Link
>>
>>267455552
Zelda fans are split into a dozen different sects that all want something different done with the series, despite every game being so similar to the other.
They have the same problem Final Fantasy fans except even less justified.
>>
>>267455537
>>267455615

So basically they "discovered" a new land that already had an indigenous race living in it and claimed it as their own and set up a monarchy to rule over them.

OUR HEROES, LADIES AND GENTS. THIS IS WHAT OLD HYRULE DIED FOR.
>>
File: GanonTP2.jpg (29 KB, 669x327) Image search: [Google]
GanonTP2.jpg
29 KB, 669x327
>>267455552
People didn't dislike how my main man G-dorf was depicted, they just didn't like that he showed up so suddenly like 'yo i'm here'

Many were glad to see him back to his old self after enduring years of WW kids praising his sob story.
>>
>>267455165
>No one wanted a new Master Sword origin
Speak for yourself.
>No one wanted Ganon's evil to retconned into literal Mr. Evil after the hints Wind Waker dropped
It didn't retcon shit. Ganondorf is still an individual person separate from demise.
>No one wanted Minish Cap's hat origin retconned
When was that EVER a "hat origin"?
OOT gave an origin for Link's green tunic since he was a Kokiri, did you bitch and moan about that too? No, because the kokiri tunic is just how that particular Link came into possession of the green tunic, or how MC Link came into possession of the green hat much later in his adventure.
What, so this one Link gets a green hat and OOT Link somehow knows this and decides to wear a green hat? Fuck off with that shit.
>>
>>267455753
The indigenous race was half a dozen old dudes who were good friends of the royalty.
>>
>>267455323
If that's the implication I'd be okay with that. I think SS's problem is that it wanted to out-origin story Ocarina.
>>
>>267452201
Hyrule was going to float on it.
>>
>>267454032
The two had different experiences. TP Ganondorf was nearly executed and never achieved his goal of taking over Hyrule. WW Ganondorf managed to take over Hyrule. His goals were complete. He'd be less power hungry because he already got what he wanted.
>>
>>267455753
The old Kingdom also ruled over the Zoras and Gorons, if anything it doesn't matter since the only tyranny that has ever existed in the three timelines comes when the pig gets to rule.
>>
>>267455796
The Hero of Man in its backstory didn't wear a hat, so it was implied.
>>
>>267455831
And then they're not even comfortable having SS has a complete origin story
>Yeah this is the origin of the master sword BUT IT WAS ANOTHER SWORD BEFORE THAT
>Yeah this is the origin of Hyrule BUT THERE WAS ANOTHER HUMAN KINGDOM BEFORE THAT
>Yeah this is the first Link BUT THERE WAS ANOTHER HERO BEFORE HIM
Fucking hell.
>>
File: 1368086378792.png (3 MB, 1050x1050) Image search: [Google]
1368086378792.png
3 MB, 1050x1050
>>267447939
STARING ACROSS THIS BARREN WASTELAND
>>
>>267455796
The green tunic origin comes from SS, it was the knights uniform.
>>
>>267447939
>giving a shit about a dead land

Its time to move on anon.
>>
File: crown.jpg (58 KB, 340x341) Image search: [Google]
crown.jpg
58 KB, 340x341
>>267455667

this

And why can't Link be like avatar and be born into a different race with every reincarnation?
This way every race would have a Link and would make shit so different and fresh.
>>
>>267455627
Because contrary to what Zelda fans say, there's no evidence that the goddesses are particularly benevolent. Especially if there's even a tiny bit of truth in the theory that they cursed Termina, but again, that's just a theory.

A lot of the divine shit they do doesn't have a lot of rhyme or reason to it. They're clearly watching over Hyrule and are aware of what's going on, but they don't do anything. When they do do something helpful, it usually causes more problems than solutions.
>>
>>267455796
>Ganondorf is still an individual person separate from demise
aaayyyyy lmao
>>
>>267455975
I FEEL NEW LIFE WILL BE BORN
BENEATH THE BLOOD STAINED SAAAAAAAND
>>
>>267455971
The writers knew they wrote themselves into a corner after killing off Ganondorf three times and are trying to leave as many open routes as possible.
I hope you're ready to see new console Zelda's from now on following after what Skyward Sword set up.
>>
>>267455979
There is no "green tunic origin", you twat.
SS Link wears it because it's a knights uniform.
MC Link wears it because it's just regular casual clothes and Ezlo later gives him the hat.
OOT Link wears it because he's a kokiri and it's normal Kokiri wear.
WW Link wears it because OOT Link wore it
ST Link wears it because WW Link wore it
TP Link wears it because SS Link wore it
There is no "true origin" to Link's tunic. SS is the origin of Link's spirit, that's about it.
>>
>>267452914
>Jews not middle eastern
Fucking retard
>>
>>267456061
Which seems just fine to me. Since when do gods have to be benevolent or comprehensible?
>>
>>267451089
This, they would die out in time anyways.
>>
>>267456129
>WW Link wears it because OOT Link wore it
>ST Link wears it because WW Link wore it
>TP Link wears it because SS Link wore it
You just typed 3 origins for the tunic.
>>
>>267453120
Wouldn't the monsters just be another food source?
>>
>>267456305
How do you eat Stalfos?
>>
>>267456102
He is. Ganondorf is not a reincarnation of Demise, he is an incarnation of his intense feelings towards the goddesses and desire for the Triforce. That doesn't entirely dictate who he is as a person, it's just his drive for power and dominance. Say what you want about his WW speech but at the end of the day he went off his righteous path the moment he got a taste of power and sat up in his big castle playing the organ while the Gerudo were still in the fucking desert (and he even broke the bridge so they couldn't get out)
Demise is more like his spiritual father, than anything.
>>
>ganon ever seriously being a benevolent or trustworthy character

Not even on an ironic level would that ever happen. He's a 2d evil guy.

Fucking Bowser is a better written villain than Ganondorf
>>
>>267453183
Have you ever heard of a vegetarian fuckwit.
>>
>>267456061
>Especially if there's even a tiny bit of truth in the theory that they cursed Termina, but again, that's just a theory.

It's a shit theory that only came from one autist reading too much into a design quirk for a dungeon and everyone taking that as gospel.

Termina is just re-used assets from OOT that Nintendo haphazardly branded as a "parallel world" in the instruction manual to give a reason why everything looked the same. It's the equivalent of them shrugging, and there's no reason to believe that they put as much thought into the mythology behind Termina if nothing about it is in Hyrule Historia.
>>
So is there a cooler title for a weapon than "The Blade of Evil's Bane" or what?
>>
>>267456429
You don't even need to go that far.
Every island had farm animals.
>>
>>267452914
Jews came from the fucking middle east.
>>
File: 1223442457822.jpg (67 KB, 275x264) Image search: [Google]
1223442457822.jpg
67 KB, 275x264
>Y-YOU GOTTA LEGGO OF THE PAST MAN
>every other Zelda emphasizes how ancient knowledge / powers will save the day or aide you on your journey to save the land
>>
>>267456378
I wish my dad had fire hair.
>>
>>267456401
whose fault is that though, anon
>>
>>267456451
The game came out in less than a year, why people think it has a deep story is beyond me.
>>
>tfw LoZ's fanbase is exactly Souls' fanbase if latter have lasted for a few decades
Or it's just /v/ being /v/
>>
>>267453626
I really didn't see any difference between sailing and riding your horse other than how it looked.
>>
>>267453391
What are you, a fucking brony or something?
>>
>>267456512
Every other timeline has Hyrule stagnate in technology for ages and slowly decline while Ganon refuses to stay dead.
Wind Wakers timeline invented trains and killed the motherfucker for good.
>>
>>267456668
the technology for the trains was actually ancient
>>
>>267456512
Learning from the past is not the same as trying to live it and maintain it in eternal stasis without moving forward
>>
>>267456630
>being this new
bitch i been on zelda forums discussing timelines when ocarina of time was new
>>
>>267456594
Because it has some moments where it tries to be mysterious and cryptic for the sake of being mysterious and cryptic.

Look at the fucking moon children at the end of the game and tell me I'm wrong.
>>
>>267456705
I thought the tracks were ancient and they invented trains to make use of all the random ass tracks littering the land.
>>
>>267456029
>goron link
>>
>>267456668
>implying he's dead for good
>implying Demise's curse isn't still active
>implying Ganondorf hasn't been reincarnated before
>>
>>267456668
But he dies for good in Twilight Princess, too. And if I seem to recall, they had fucking bazookas in that timeline so idk what the problem is.
>>
>>267456709
yeah exactly, the thing is that WW doesn't present that middle ground, it implies the past belongs in the garbage and not something you can learn from.
>>
>>267456759
Well as Skyward Sword showed us Hyrule used to be incredibly technologically advanced and full to bursting with all kinds of technomancy.

They had living AI and all.
Hell the Goddesses probably weren't even divine beings, but rather an advanced race so powerful they transcended physical limitations.
>>
>>267456735
Majora's Masks writing is actually pretty lazy despite being extremely effective.
They just threw in random hints of backstory that didn't exist for the sake of making everything look a lot deeper than it was.
>>
>>267456358
GRIND HIS BONES TO MAKE MY BREAD
>>
File: 1406436373803.jpg (110 KB, 609x954) Image search: [Google]
1406436373803.jpg
110 KB, 609x954
>>267456668
Ganon died, Malladus took his place.
>>
>>267456771
MM did this right
also Darunia's son
>>
>>267456827
He gets reborn in Four Sword Adventure which for whatever reason was placed after TP
>>
>>267456867
>Zelda is actually in a Sci Fi setting but the Hylians are so dense and primitive they assume its all magic.
>Metroid, F-Zero, Kirby and Star Fox are happening right next door.
>>
What's every Zelda game's message?

>Majora's Mask: you can defy fate as long as you keep hope alive
>Wind Waker: you can keep the past alive by living by its teachings and growing, not staying stagnant
>>
>>267456827
Ocarina of Time is the split. Ganondorf is sealed in OoT, killed in TP, and revived by dark magics as his corrupted form, Ganon in Four Swords.

In Wind Waker he is sealed, and apparently permanently, and that's also a different time split from TP.
>>
>>267456668
>killed the motherfucker for good.
Five bucks the moment someone pulls the Master Sword from his forehead the nigger will be out again.
>>
>>267450569
you mean

>nintendo
>good story

Think about it.
>>
>>267456931
You know the entire failed timeline couldve easily been placed after four sword adventures and atltp gba even hinted at this with the four sword palace?
>>
>>267457060
how are they gonna do that at the bottom of the ocean?
>>
>>267457013
>It's all a larger part of the Mario Universe, which as we've seen also has space travel
HOW DEEP DOES IT GO
>>
>>267456887
It's lazy but it had some truly original themes that make it stand out among the other games.

People are going to be talking about Majora's Mask years from now, not Skyward Sword.
>>
>>267457101
Yeah really, but not like Nintenda gives a fuck
>>
>>267457120
Nintendo making an official extended universe like DC and Marvel would be simultaneously really cool and extremely retarded.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 73

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.