[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some signs of a rushed game regardless of it being good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
What are some signs of a rushed game regardless of it being good?
>>
choppy framerate
>>
When someone in team mentions in an interview they were rushed, they were probably rushed.

Which happens for like 99% of rushed games.
>>
File: Magi_Nation_Coverart.png (146 KB, 256x257) Image search: [Google]
Magi_Nation_Coverart.png
146 KB, 256x257
Dropped storylines and plot points.

Hints about the same.

Eerily convenient resolutions to plot points in a game that otherwise is expansive and doesn't tie up ends so quickly.

Travel hubs that are clearly meant to be used but never are.

Missing NPCs that should logically exist, such as a zone missing a "themed" monster that is prevalent elsewhere.

Collected items that never serve a purpose in the game even though they should.

I'm talking about Magi Nation for the GBC.

The fact it never got a real sequel still haunts me.
>>
>>266617879
Repetitive content.
See DMC4.
Best combat in the series though.
>>
>>266618856
That backtracking
>>
>>266618576
Wasn't it for some weird ccg that never too off?
>>
>>266618973

I don't know which came first (probably the card game) but it was reasonably popular, or at least available, for a while.

That said when your competition is pokemon and Magic at the time, you really couldn't compare, and I recall Yugioh came shortly after and I never saw a story carrying it after that point.

I remember the game was fun but damned if I can remember the rules. I bought decks and made my friends play with me and we enjoyed it more than Pokemon but less than Magic.
>>
>>266617879
when the story is just some bland revenge plot
but other than that, I enjoyed watch dogs
>>
Reused assets
>>
Mediocre/buggy final levels.
>>
Devil May Cry 4
Metal Gear Rising
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.