[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So. Was thinking. Would a good KOTOR 3 be a prequal? Once more
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7
File: images-5.jpg (11 KB, 262x192) Image search: [Google]
images-5.jpg
11 KB, 262x192
So. Was thinking. Would a good KOTOR 3 be a prequal? Once more be Revan in the Mandalore Wars? Play through the downfall? It could keep the same choose your oath system with the dark just being the canon. If it did happen what would be the best way to pull it off?
>>
A sequel that retcon ToR. That being said.
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/star-wars-kotor-3-still-interests-a-lot-of-people-/1100-6421281/
>>
File: Revan.jpg (33 KB, 300x565) Image search: [Google]
Revan.jpg
33 KB, 300x565
Revan was regarded as quite literally the best battle tactician in the whole history of the republic. I honestly don't think any one could capture this kind of prestige in a game. If they tried it would most likely fall flat on its face and not live up to our expectation of what the greatest general of any star wars general would be
>>
>>266184598
Sorry I never played ToR. Figured it would just be WoW with star wars make up. I'm playing Kotor now on my Xbox. Hands down best game
>>
Why not just do the Mandalore Wars game? Shit would be cash.
>>
>>266184787
I want to see an attempt though. I love Revan and his badassery. I think if the right people did it it'd be amazing
>>
>>266184942
Because the Mandalorian wars were unbalanced as fuck.

First phase was the mandalorians curbstomping everything at light speed.
Then it turned 180 degrees with Revan and the Jedi joining the fight.
>>
>>266184942
Just cuz I want Revan damnit
>mfw captcha is 501
>>
>>266185073
Revan almost single handedly turned the mandalorian war to the side of the republic through his outsanding strategems and commanding. The game would play (in order to capture these things) almost nothing like an RPG. He saw very little actual combat since he was far too busy managing the fleet and the war effort
>>
>>266185086
Pull a star trek enterprise and make an amazing story then have revan clap his hands at the end and be like wow that's a cool fictional hologram. Think of the rage.
>>
>>266184790
I'll give you a run down
>they gave Revan a face
>you get to loot his pant because he is a BADZ GUY
>The Exile is a chick and she wanted Revan's dick
>Kreia is a sith and all that shit from KoToR 2 didn't matter
>>
>>266184787
Yeah whatever, fucking Star Wars fags. If you're not going to take the time to explain WHY he was the greatest General ever....be it in a novel or a comic book or a series of internet shorts and just simple write "he won battles and was the greatest General in all of the Universe forever" your fiction is SHIT. Show me some tacticool. In KotOR all that faggot did was remember who he was. Then he just stands in rooms and complains about shit, like if Star Wars was Game of Thrones but even less shit happens.
>>
>>266185296
Are there any good books/comics about Revan?
>>
>>266185086
How is that not awesome?

Or make it an RTS.
>>
>>266185546
They were all burned because Revan is not canon.
>>
>>266185486
ToR wasn't the source that decided the Exile was a gril but the rest of your points stand.
>>
File: 1521584.jpg (131 KB, 600x932) Image search: [Google]
1521584.jpg
131 KB, 600x932
>>266184378
It's not a videogame but the Knight of the Old Republic comic tells some real interesting backstory about that time period. Especially the revanchist arc towards the end
>>
File: 250px-DSRevan.jpg (20 KB, 250x289) Image search: [Google]
250px-DSRevan.jpg
20 KB, 250x289
>>266185727
lucas and his lackeys can eat shit
>>
>>266185730
Tell that to the faggot that made the novel that suppose to bridge the series to the mmo.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/The_Old_Republic:_Revan
>>
Furthermore... Why in KOTOR 2 are we not FUCKING REVAN. You made a character people love so let's say fuck it and make one no one remembers
>developer logic
>>
File: RevanIsBorn-KotOR42.jpg (1 MB, 881x1000) Image search: [Google]
RevanIsBorn-KotOR42.jpg
1 MB, 881x1000
>>266185546
I believe they talk about it in the Essentual Guide to Warfare but I'm not of the opinion that he was the best ever of all time like this guy but more that he was instrumental in get the Jedi off their arses and into the war which he did because of the Mandalorian massacre of Cathar.
>>
>>266186192
because KOTOR 2 had a different set of writers who wanted to come up with their own cast?

Star Wars has a big enough "the universe only has a dozen people in it" trouble without reusing Revan as well
>>
>>266186334
The what? Tell me more anon
>>
>>266186420
Then they should have made a new series not used a name with expectations
>>
>>266185987
The Exile was made female in the New Essential Guide to Droids years before ToR was announced.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.